Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Absolutely. If this transfer is happening now, they will definitely make it look like Sancho forced it. Given he hasn't thrown tantrum like Dembele, probably Dortmund won't vilify him as much. Let's see.
Wouldn't we do the same if Madrid do this to us with Pogba? Scenario: we set a price of 100m (fair price for him). Madrid comes in, offering 75m with 12m adds on on installments over 2-3 years. Madrid leaves it until the last weeks of season to "officially" making a bid. Pogba forces the move by handing out transfer request at the last weeks of season.

I'm just wondering. What do you think United would react? How would you react?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
You are so right but so many muppets here have been convinced by the media Sancho will be our saviour. Same happened with Pogba when every other club balked at 89m for him in a midfield position. Both Chelsea and city have deeper pockets and could have gotten him if they really felt he was value for money (and don't fall for that ruse that Guardiola was just upset that he left). 100m in today's price should be for a top striker not winger. I believe United is playing along to appease the fans but have no intention of paying that much. Ole always said he would spend the money like it was his and Sancho has never really had much impact for England has he? He's a good player but it says a lot that he's often rotated with Rashford meaning with Rashford, Greenwood and Martial this is not an urgent position for us....we can afford to loan a player like Perisic similar to bayern while we shop around/wait for the right opportunity.
Nobody is saying that he will be our savior. It's one of the perfect signing for a position that was neglected over a decade.

He was already super talented when he was with city. He is English, so we can forget about the drama of "I wanna move to bayern/barca/madrid" in a few years time. He has proved himself over the course of 2 seasons in a competitive league, not Ukrainian or Turkish.

What price do you think a club would pay to get Rashford? Do you think we should not be getting more players like him in the squad? Do you believe in long term planning? You mentioned Perisic. How often have you seen him playing on the right?

I am pretty sure you laughed when pool paid 75m for Vvd. Joao Felix went for more money than this and was a performer in Portuguese league.

This guy is like 20-21? He won't make us favorites for anything but at least own a position in the squad that has glaring weakness for years.

WPMUFC

So this came out a good 2 days before the new briefing, the silence makes soooooo much sense now.

Sancho was due bonuses for 1 year completion of new contract and 10 caps for england. The Iceland game made it 11 caps, triggering the bonus. This bonus has given the agent and family around 1 million. MUFC informed that they would sit back and that Sancho and his rep/family could collect the bonus and then they would act.

They say MUFC was relaxed on the deal because they knew they had an agreement with Sancho AND BVB.

So this is why we have briefed, the bonus has been triggered, and has been met. With that in mind, MUFC now make it known that we've always had and agreement with Sancho (but was likely dependent on the bonus being achieved and MUFC not officially acting).

WOW! This is happening!!!! FULL MUPPET MODE LADS!!!

Romano was right, and the UK gang are only briefing from what the club told them. Romano knew the "terms were agreed" but we wouldn't brief the UK side until the bonus clause could be met!!!

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Wouldn't we do the same if Madrid do this to us with Pogba? Scenario: we set a price of 100m (fair price for him). Madrid comes in, offering 75m with 12m adds on on installments over 2-3 years. Madrid leaves it until the last week of season to "officially" making a bid. Pogba forces the move by handing out transfer request at the last minute. What do you think United would react?
Dortmund have history of being petty about players leaving. I don't think we will make the player look bad like Dortmund have done for certain players recently. We could have done for likes of Lukaku or Sanchez or Di Maria. When have we seen club management coming out and giving so many comments?

Players leaving or wanting to leave is not something to be taken personally. Dortmund do that. Clubs are entitled to ask for what they consider player value so nothing wrong with 120M price they set. Problem is their behaviour like "good luck" in Europa league, trying to make Auba look bad, Dembele situation etc. When in the end you are going to sell if you get sum near your valuation, why act as if you are like Real Madrid or Barcelona or Bayern and players in their prime will not want to leave you?

Tarrou

You're out of your mind if you think the Glazers will pay 100m in this pandemic without fans or even knowing if the league could be cancelled due to coronavirus. Don't forget in america the virus has been rampant so they know what could happen in england. In addition, I doubt Sancho worth that much. even Chelsea didn't go for him and he belongs in London.
What could happen? The deaths/million rate is already worse in the UK than the US.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
The German league fans have been very quiet ever since the briefs broke out. Admitting defeat and hiding or still sticking to their beliefs?
Happy Sancho morning from Germany:D

There's finally a German outlet with an article about this

https://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussb...hritte-im-werben-um-bvb-leistungstraeger.html

The most important bits in summary:

- Utd under no circumstances want to pay 120m €, and are hopeful to get him for around 100m € max.
- Utd will walk from this deal if BVB don't budge
- BVB deems this matter as settled, and won't even allow talks

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Dortmund have history of being petty about players leaving. I don't think we will make the player look bad like Dortmund have done for certain players recently. We could have done for likes of Lukaku or Sanchez or Di Maria. When have we seen club management coming out and giving so many comments?

Players leaving or wanting to leave is not something to be taken personally. Dortmund do that. Clubs are entitled to ask for what they consider player value so nothing wrong with 120M price they set. Problem is their behaviour like "good luck" in Europa league, trying to make Auba look bad, Dembele situation etc. When in the end you are going to sell if you get sum near your valuation, why act as if you are like Real Madrid or Barcelona or Bayern and players in their prime will not want to leave you?
Huh? We did want to sell the likes of Lukaku or Sanchez or Di Maria. Dortmund has been adamant that they're happy to keep the player, and the player is happy to play for them, and the player did perform for them as one of their best players.

Dortmund took a chance on these players and develop them into who they are. That's why so many young players are flooded to play for them. And I thought that's what the contract is for. It works both way, that both are agreed to sign and should honor.

If Dortmund is bad treating their players, no good players would want to play for them.

WPMUFC

Now we're getting somewhere :) Utd' would still need to pay in full though, like Barca and Arsenal did in the end
i'm pretty convinced now that we were simply waiting for Sancho to get bonus payments. Always a chance BVB could just say no on Merit and wait a window, but I think MUFC will pay in full and this will be done. The report about bonuses just fits too perfect into this saga and why we went silent for sooooo long.

jackal&hyde

It will be around 100 mil euros max imo. They already reported significant loses and next season without spectators is going to hit them even worse. They are not realistically competing for the title or CL so there's no point in keeping a valuable asset in these conditions, better to cash in.

Strelok

The only reason why this forum compares him to Mbappe is his scoring and assist record in the last two seasons. Sancho doesn't have the explosive pace that Mbappe has and we really need to refrain the comparison, else we are setting up the lad for failure. The way I see it, he is around similar level to current Rashford and Martial (or probably a bit better) but also younger by 3 years so has a higher ceiling. And he has some complementary skills to them in terms of being better at dribbling and ability to play on the right.
Imo Sancho is quite different from Martial and Rashford. Not only a better dribbler imo he's more of a playmaker. His vision, decision and passing are really good. Especially for his age.

Tbh I don't care about the price. If we pay that means the club can afford it. Football wise Ed is clueless but money wise he's one of the best around. So no worry I think.

My only concern is whether he can reproduce his performances here. The PL is much tougher and faster than the Bundes. Personally I would be happy even if he can reproduce only 60-70 ℅ of his performances.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Huh? We did want to sell the likes of Lukaku or Sanchez or Di Maria. Dortmund has been adamant that they're happy to keep the player, and the player is happy to play for them, and the player did perform for them as one of their best players.

Dortmund took a chance on these players and develop them into who they are. That's why so many young players are flooded to play for them. And I thought that's what the contract is for. It works both way, that both are agreed to sign and should honor.

If Dortmund is bad treating their players, no good players would want to play for them.
My point was around making player look bad when he is trying to force a move. Di Maria as a club I don't think we wanted him to leave even though LvG was struggling to use him properly. Di Maria acted like a cnut, refusing to return and left with no option and also cost us few millions more. Lukaku was also behaving childish in the summer he went. Though we didn't have problem with Lukaku leaving, we wanted his fair price otherwise he would have stayed. But even after he left, we didn't have club people giving statements about him negatively.

Yes young players go to Dortmund and they do good job of giving them chances and developing them. But players also want to move on when a bigger club comes along. There are contracts and there is a price of player. The best for all parties is to try to find a solution which is best for everyone if player wishes to leave. Either you be so good in all aspects (trophies, money, fame, history) like Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern or United under Fergie to good extent that once players are in they don't want to leave in hurry and if you want to retain when they express wish to leave, you are able to convince them to stay. Like Barca and Real Madrid do so often by offering bigger wages on top of regular trophies. Or if you are not at that stature, you work for best possible solution. Saying you have contract so you won't move, or we will slap impractical price tag on you (Grealish, Zaha) can end up detrimental to club and every club understands that. Otherwise United too could have taken tough stand on Di Maria after how he behaved.

Squeaky Bumtime

He is going to be most expensive EPL player ever so is going to have to get used to being analysed on his every performance: I know I will and i have high expectations.

If you want to declare yourself already as a protective fanboy, I’d save your typing fingers, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to use them after he is signed!
Protective fanboy.

Sorry what?

Squeaky Bumtime

Happy Sancho morning from Germany:D

There's finally a German outlet with an article about this

https://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussb...hritte-im-werben-um-bvb-leistungstraeger.html

The most important bits in summary:

- Utd under no circumstances want to pay 120m €, and are hopeful to get him for around 100m € max.
- Utd will walk from this deal if BVB don't budge
- BVB deems this matter as settled, and won't even allow talks
So the clubs are talking but Borussia won't even talk. Makes sense.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You're absolutely right and everyone else is wrong. Romano is a massive fraud and all the rest of us are just blind. Glad to have you.
Interesting take to have considering about 10 journalists, including 3 or 4 very reliable ones, basically ruined his story yesterday through an obvious leak.

Funny thing is people like you are still not seeing it.

TheLord

I am amazed by how so many people are convinced that this deal didn’t go through earlier because of the 1m bonus he was due for completing 10 England matches. Crazy.
Do elite footballers think that way? If he had joined United last month when the transfer hints were at fever pitch (250k per week, rumoured), he would have already earned way more than 1m (plus sponsors’ addons). If he was really keen on the move, why would he risk ruining the potential transfer for a 1m bonus?

Every week lost in the transfer-window decreases the chance of all parties agreeing on the final deal. The holdup in this transfer is because of how United want to structure their 108m payout (United probably want some Covid discount on top of that), and not because of some silly 1m bonus.

Godfather

There's been a lot of people here suggesting otherwise. It's pretty confusing.

The article doesn't say the clubs are talking
If they see around 110 million euros Dortmund will jump on the money quicker than they can say Sancho gehört uns.

Players go to Dortmund because they know they can get games, develop and crucially move to a big club.

It’s a stepping stone club. Sancho, Harland and Jude don’t want to stay at the club for 5 years. If Dortmund start making it difficult for players to move on, they won’t go there in the first place.

None of the players mentioned would have been able to walk into a top club and be a first team player when they signed for Dortmund. But now, they get games, get experience, develop and then move on. The club goes and buys some more exciting young players, rinse and repeat.

DarkLord

Such a shame because Dortmund was my favourite club in Germany, always had a soft spot for them but this bad behaviour of them is turning me off. Probably the years of being bullied by Bayern make them insecure and inferior.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
If they see around 110 million euros Dortmund will jump on the money quicker than they can say Sancho gehört uns.
Nah, full price + player strike will be required, as usual. Even so, with 3 years left on that contract they hold all the cards. We'll see soon enough now, I suppose. After all, the Utd bid should be imminent now that the breakthrough with the agents has been achieved

prateik

Sancho has 13 caps for England..
He had 10 before the 2 recent games..
And if we are talking internationals since the end of last season (june 2019.. new contract and all that), England have played 10 counting the 2 recent games but Sancho hasnt played in all of them..

So what is this 10 international games nonsense all about ?

RUCK4444

Interesting take to have considering about 10 journalists, including 3 or 4 very reliable ones, basically ruined his story yesterday through an obvious leak.

It's like a weird cult at this stage, I fear we are fighting a losing battle pal. Seems they can just flip everything around and make him look the don of transfers when it's clear in just this transfer alone that he's gotten it wrong more than once.

It's clear there's a breakthrough on personal terms and agent fees, we didn't waste 2 months over Sancho getting a £1 million bonus ffs. The club would have just paid that as part of the agent fees to get this done if that were the only stumbling block.

To get a brief like yesterday it's either personal terms and agent fees that are now agreed or a purchase price agreement with BVB - we know it isn't the latter so it must be the former (like it says in black and white in every tweet.)

Painful.

Strelok

Players go to Dortmund because they know they can get games, develop and crucially move to a big club.

It’s a stepping stone club. Sancho, Harland and Jude don’t want to stay at the club for 5 years. If Dortmund start making it difficult for players to move on, they won’t go there in the first place.

None of the players mentioned would have been able to walk into a top club and be a first team player when they signed for Dortmund. But now, they get games, get experience, develop and then move on. The club goes and buys some more exciting young players, rinse and repeat.
That's probably why Haaland has a ~£60m release clause I think. Imo I don't think it would be a problem for them since the issue can easily be fixed with a release clause. Imagine what if Sancho has a £60m release clause.

Infestissumam

pretty funny obsession you seem to have with the guy. Thing is, he basically gets all of his info from agents/player's camps, while the Stones and Duckers from this world get to report exactly what the club wants them to report. Just because the club briefs something, it doesn't have to be 100% true. It's possible that wages and agent fees were never an issue, but we used that to stall time for one reason or another. We simply don't know.

Romano is not an oracle and people need to stop treating him like that. Remember, agents can use those journalists for their own gain as well. But you painting him as some kind of fraud is laughable, sorry. The guy is well connected and has broken an insane number of news and transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.