Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
A lot of it is also because of resentment due to Dortmund fans and other assorted Germans keep bragging that a deal wont happen now because the deadline has passed.
Maybe that's because the rumor's dead in Germany and people want to share their perspective. Or at least it was. United's briefing rekindled it a bit but it's still perceived as very unlikely that Dortmund will sell now that the season is about to start.

El-Manos

Yeah, a lot of that is going on in here. "How dare Dortmund not want to sell their best players at a price that we deem OK?"
It’s more to do with Zorc’s comments and their ridiculous deadline that nobody takes serious, including Sancho’s camp. Their social media account was milking it too. However it’s more about all the bragging coming from Dortmund fans, who especially join this forum just to let us know that Sancho has no interest in coming and loves Dortmund.

El-Manos

Maybe that's because the rumor's dead in Germany and people want to share their perspective. Or at least it was. United's briefing rekindled it a bit but it's still perceived as very unlikely that Dortmund will sell now that the season is about to start.
Sancho’s camp just agreed terms with us. Why would they do that if he has no interest in coming or fully believe Dortmund won’t sell? If Sancho puts in a transfer request and we put 120m on the table you reckon they won’t sell?

MDFC Manager

And that view is reasonable enough, as long as you also deem reasonable the view that Dortmund will sell for the right fee.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
It’s more to do with Zorc’s comments and their ridiculous deadline that nobody takes serious, including Sancho’s camp. Their social media account was milking it too. However it’s more about all the bragging coming from Dortmund fans, who especially join this forum just to let us know that Sancho has no interest in coming and loves Dortmund.
Unfortunately most of the fans of other teams. who come here, sometimes try to wind us up.
That's the only reason they come here.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
There's over three weeks until the window closes so this could rumble on for a while yet. In the meantime it is being reported that Utd could offer Chelsea £54m for Kante. Would Utd push the boat out and do both?

WPMUFC

I agree with you. To hell with Chutney! He's just mad because he can't watch Maidstone United vs Redditch FC this weekend.

My opinion is that you can never be sure until it's basically done, If you asked me 30 May 2018 the liklihood of Griezmann joining United, I'd have said "9/10" - on 1 June 2018, it was 1/10.

But United have briefed. It appears they've been negotiating personal terms for like 2 months. I find it unlikely that they would have wasted so much time on that if they weren't encouraged that terms with Dortmund would be reachable. Otherwise it's all that work for nothing. Also if the agent took all that effort and time negotiating personal terms, it says to me that he's going to put pressure on Dortmund to sell, and Sancho is as well. Again, why agree drawn-out personal terms to then be like "actually if Dortmund want me to stay, okay"

I'd rank it 8/10 likely - My biggest worry is the financial impact of covid. Restrictions are getting tighter again now too. United might be worried the season will have another pause and lose even more money.
Top post Law. I agree with you :)

RUCK4444

There's over three weeks until the window closes so this could rumble on for a while yet. In the meantime it is being reported that Utd could offer Chelsea £54m for Kante. Would Utd push the boat out and do both?
That would be the PERFECT summer. Imagine allowing Pogba free reign in midfield with Bruno (having Kante behind them) and then our young boys tearing it up in front of them :eek:

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Sancho’s camp just agreed terms with us. Why would they do that if he has no interest in coming or fully believe Dortmund won’t sell?
They agreed a deal with you. Maybe they already had weeks ago. But even if the break through occurred now, you're interpreting much into it. It's absolutely possible that the negotiations with Sancho's camp are absolutely independent from those with Dortmund.

And that view is reasonable enough, as long as you also deem reasonable the view that Dortmund will sell for the right fee.
If you make them an offer they can't refuse, obviously they will. But I doubt that number will be 120m now. I even doubt they'd sell for 130m at this point. You'd have to do something really crazy.

The alternative is that Dortmund bluffed and you correctly predicted it. I was completely sure that was impossible until yesterday and still lack the imagination that it might happen to be honest. The outrage of Dortmund fans would be similar to you selling Greenwood to Liverpool at this stage.

RUCK4444

I agree with you. To hell with Chutney! He's just mad because he can't watch Maidstone United vs Redditch FC this weekend.

My opinion is that you can never be sure until it's basically done, If you asked me 30 May 2018 the liklihood of Griezmann joining United, I'd have said "9/10" - on 1 June 2018, it was 1/10.

But United have briefed. It appears they've been negotiating personal terms for like 2 months. I find it unlikely that they would have wasted so much time on that if they weren't encouraged that terms with Dortmund would be reachable. Otherwise it's all that work for nothing. Also if the agent took all that effort and time negotiating personal terms, it says to me that he's going to put pressure on Dortmund to sell, and Sancho is as well. Again, why agree drawn-out personal terms to then be like "actually if Dortmund want me to stay, okay"

I'd rank it 8/10 likely - My biggest worry is the financial impact of covid. Restrictions are getting tighter again now too. United might be worried the season will have another pause and lose even more money.
Agree with that. Regarding the bolded part I think the biggest change in tact may have in fact been brought on by the potential for partial attendance of stadia. The club are planning 12k in for the Palace game and hopefully this is a turning point.

If that is indeed agreed, and the club can see a light at the end of the tunnel, then I think that's why they will pull the trigger on this deal.

CG1010

I highly doubt they would only let him go with the full fee upfront. If that's the case, we won't sign him, no-one could justify a lump sum like that in this market. Would also be a kick in the balls to tell him if we get 120m, we will let you go, only to turn around and tell him to get fecked, he's staying. Wouldn't make the happiest player, I don't think

They will accept a 2 or 3 year instalment plan, with a good chunk of it upfront, if we offer it, which we are very much capable of doing
Agreed..the difference in valuation isn't more than 5-6 million with a upfront fee of 120 m or 3 equal installments. Transfers won't get derailed at such minor differences. If we are wanting to include add-ons which are more difficult to get, then its a different issue.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Unfortunately most of the fans of other teams. who come here, sometimes try to wind us up.
That's the only reason they come here.
Yeah, its all a giant conspiracy. The only football forum bigger than the RedCafe is the secret one all oppo fans use to organize the wumming in the RedCafe.

MDFC Manager

They agreed a deal with you. Maybe they already had weeks ago. But even if the break through occurred now, you're interpreting much into it. It's absolutely possible that the negotiations with Sancho's camp are absolutely independent from those with Dortmund.

If you make them an offer they can't refuse, obviously they will. But I doubt that number will be 120m now. I even doubt they'd sell for 130m at this point. You'd have to do something really crazy.

The alternative is that Dortmund bluffed and you correctly predicted it. I was completely sure that was impossible until yesterday and still lack the imagination that it might happen to be honest. The outrage of Dortmund fans would be similar to you selling Greenwood to Liverpool at this stage.
Well, yes. Our press mouthpiece (Ducker) has clearly stated that agreeing the fee with Dortmund isn't going to be easy. However, its still small steps being taken in the right direction. Who knows, this could all be work to buy Sancho next year.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Well, yes. Our press mouthpiece (Ducker) has clearly stated that agreeing the fee with Dortmund isn't going to be easy. However, its still small steps being taken in the right direction. Who knows, this could all be work to buy Sancho next year.
Yes, that's what I've been thinking for quite some time now. Maybe all this is in preparation of a future deal.

Scholsey2004

I don't see us being in for Kante either. We just signed a midfielder, we've got six good options there now.

HowYouDoin

I am so effin tired of this Sancho saga. There's 3 signings we need that are not Sancho, a CB, a FB and a backup striker.
I almost hope we dont get Sancho then we have Greenwood scoring over 15 PL goals (and thats being conservative) from that right wing position along with Martial scoring over 20, might make us think twice if we really need a new starter at those positions.

Again, got some flak for saying this but right wing isnt our weakness. It was for many years, true. Until Greenwood came along but after the lockdown he made the position his. Its no longer a weakness.

Am I the only one that prefers we dont get Sancho? Seems like it.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
Not a hope in hell we are after Kante.
https://talksport.com/football/738373/chelsea-transfer-news-live-mendy-man-utd-kante/

Utd do have a tendancy to sign Chelsea players at inflated prices though.

I still think Kante is a great player and only hope he can return to the form of three years ago. Sarri used him in a different role to Conte and he wasn't so effective, he had injuries last season and played in a different set up and generally he hasn't hit the heights of his first season at Chelsea. They may sell him but I have mixed feelings about that. He's 29 so it will be their last chance to make a decent profit on him.

Never understood why Mata doesn't play more at Utd.

Joseunited

I am so effin tired of this Sancho saga. There's 3 signings we need that are not Sancho, a CB, a FB and a backup striker.
I almost hope we dont get Sancho then we have Greenwood scoring over 15 PL goals (and thats being conservative) from that right wing position along with Martial scoring over 20, might make us think twice if we really need a new starter at those positions.

Again, got some flak for saying this but right wing isnt our weakness. It was for many years, true. Until Greenwood came along but after the lockdown he made the position his. Its no longer a weakness.

It is a weakness if only one player is in that position. You replace Greenwood with Lingard, James or Mata then we are in trouble. How many games are you expecting 19 year old Greenwood to play this season coming?

SATA

Yes mate only you probably. Mason is only 18 and he can’t play every game next season. Ighalo is also the club’s backup striker so i am not sure how many backup strikers you need. And if Sancho is here, Mason can play up top which is his natural position when Igahlo leaves in January

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
https://talksport.com/football/738373/chelsea-transfer-news-live-mendy-man-utd-kante/

I still think Kante is a great player and only hope he can return to the form of three years ago. Sarri used him in a different role to Conte and he wasn't so effective, he had injuries last season and played in a different set up and generally he hasn't hit the heights of his first season at Chelsea. They may sell him but I have mixed feelings about that. He's 29 so it will be their last chance to make a decent profit on him.

He doesn’t offer much anymore. Was okay in his earlier years with us but no chance he’s getting game time ahead of our other options now.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't understand why our fanbase thinks Dortmund have behaved badly. From what I gather, they've always said they value Sancho close to £108m, and want the bulk of that payment up-front if any team wants to sign the player. That has been their stand from day-1. Their stand has been clear and consistent. They would have behaved badly if they raised their initial asking price, or if they didn't allow to release the player even if we agreed to meet their price.

Why should they start offering a discount for a player who will probably be valued higher next year and has two more contract-years? And why should they offer any discount to a club that is richer and bigger than theirs?

If anything, we've been penny-pinching and seem confused. If we think Dortmund's valuation is over-the-top, then we should tell them to stfu, and move on to someone else. If we think their valuation is a fair reflection of Sancho's qualities, we should pay up and tell them to stfu, again. It is clear that they won't lower their asking price.

It is nonsensical to suggest that Dortmund have acted badly.
No, it's more likely that you've missed the point as to why people dislike the way Dortmund have conducted themselves and it has more to do with their mouthing off and posturing at every single opportunity and generally behaving like uber cnuts. Most know that every club is entitled to set their own valuation for a player and it's up to other clubs to meet, or them to convince other clubs to meet it if they want the moolah.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

What happens when the 18 year old drops in form or gets injured?

RiqCantona

Need some advice. I'm sort of new at this muppet thing. So what's the plan of action if we don't get him?

Do we get drunk and get on with our sad and pathetic lives? Do we lose all hope and become depressed? Or do we just jump on another muppet thread?

SATA

It’s a far contrast on how the respective Ajax and BVB (German league fans in general) fans have brought their behaviours here when United approaches their players :lol:

MDFC Manager

Yes, that's what I've been thinking for quite some time now. Maybe all this is in preparation of a future deal.
I remember now, when Pogba was signed, it was told that the deal was a work in progress for over a year.

WPMUFC

Need some advice. I'm sort of new at this muppet thing. So what's the plan of action if we don't get him?

Do we get drunk and get on with our sad and pathetic lives? Do we lose all hope and become depressed? Or do we just jump on another muppet thread?
All of the above.

SATA

There’s no turning back now mate. We have poured and invested our entire souls into this and we now expect the rewards which is Sancho

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Because he’s not been very good for a while, now.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I go on holiday tomorrow morning to a small remote island off the Cambodian coast. For 6 days there will be no internet, i fully expect this thread to be closed by the time I am back next Friday and the Jadon Sancho player performance thread to be open!

Good luck muppets, I hope it works out for you, I'd love to see him in the premiership, but hopefully he'll have a minor injury when you face Brighton.

SATA

I go on holiday tomorrow morning to a small remote island off the Cambodian coast. For 6 days there will be no internet, i fully expect this thread to be closed by the time I am back next Friday and the Jadon Sancho player performance thread to be open!

Good luck muppets, I hope it works out for you, I'd love to see him in the premiership, but hopefully he'll have a minor injury when you face Brighton.
You wouldn’t want him to play against you?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

Just when we're about to sign Sancho? madness.
You could visit a small remote island off the Cambodian coast anytime but Sancho announcement on RedCafe is once in a lifetime experience.

Remember the geese

Yeah I fully agree that it's the sort of deal United would have done in the past. Not now though.

I do feel that we should be on the lookout for a long term Matic replacement, if Fred or McTominay aren't given the opportunity. However, I see this as one for next Summer, along with a centre back and possibly a back up striker.

If I was Chelsea, I'd happily sell Kante. A Jorginho, Kovacic, Havertz midfield should be your first choice, with others such as Mount and Gilmore being in the mix. A 29 year old in Kante, who relies strongly upon his physical attributes is not smart business for us.

As for Mata, he's one of those who is being phased out I think. Playing out wide on the right has never suited him for us and he is no longer an option there. With the addition of Van der Beek, he is surpless to requirements, or at best, very much on the periphery.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Imagine thinking a "backup striker" is more important than one of the best attacking talents on the planet.

Yes Greenwood's career is over if we sign a right winger, given he is truly born to play every single match for Manchester United in that totally natural position for him, for the next 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.