Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Neil Custis has reported that we have approached Borussia Dortmund with a view to signing Jadon Sancho.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8438783/man-utd-70m-dortmund-jadon-sancho-city-transfer/

Samuel Luckhurst has also reported that we tried to bring him to the club when he wanted out at City last year. He went on to say, we were even willing to wait past the summer window to sign him, but the player wanted out at City pronto, hence Borussia Dortmund signing him.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-jadon-sancho-transfer-15832138

Last edited:

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
why make a new thread on this? there is one open already.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Would be happy if we did get him, it's great that we at least try to always go for the best english talent. Doubt we will get him for anywhere near 70m though. Think we could spend out money more wisely than breaking the bank for him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
70 million seems low, given Dembele went for 100 plus.
I feel Dembele would've cost less, had it not been for PSG taking Neymar from Barca via his buy out clause. Barca from my understanding then tapped up Ousmane Dembele and turned his head which infuriated Watzke at Dortmund. I think Barca paid at least €20m in excess due to pissing Dortmund off.

United have had good dealings with Dortmund in the past when it comes to buying players. We signed Kagawa and Mkhitaryan for very reasonable fees. The Dortmund hierarchy even went on record to say they were very pleased to see how classy United were in how they went about signing Kagawa, which was a swipe at the Bayern board at the time.

I think we can negoiate a good price for both clubs but it will depend on what Sancho wants. We tried to sign him before when he was at City and we wouldn't have even made a attempt if the player didn't want to join.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I've said 'never again' to any BVB players after the previous two flops but we just simply have to get this guy.

Big Dave
Wan-Bissaka - Lindelof - de Ligt - Tierney
Neves
Herrera - Pogba
Sancho - Rashford - Martial​

Make it happen Woody.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
My fault I thought they could all just go in one single thread.
The only reason I created this thread was due to Neil Custis linking the player to United. I think this could turn into a full on transfer saga too.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
———————-De Gea
—————Lindelof—de Ligt
Wan Bissaka———————-Shaw
———————-Herrera
—————Lingard——Pogba
Sancho———————————martial
———————-Rashford

Relying on the defenders to defend

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I feel Dembele would've cost less, had it not been for PSG taking Neymar from Barca via his buy out clause. Barca from my understanding then tapped up Ousmane Dembele and turned his head which infuriated Watzke at Dortmund. I think Barca paid at least €20m in excess due to pissing Dortmund off.

United have had good dealings with Dortmund in the past when it comes to buying players. We signed Kagawa and Mkhitaryan for very reasonable fees. The Dortmund hierarchy even went on record to say they were very pleased to see how classy United were in how they went about signing Kagawa, which was a swipe at the Bayern board at the time.

I think we can negoiate a good price for both clubs but it will depend on what Sancho wants. We tried to sign him before when he was at City and we wouldn't have even made a attempt if the player didn't want to join.
Read somewhere that he supports united. But then read elsewhere that he supported chelsea.

Name Changed

weso26
I've said 'never again' to any BVB players after the previous two flops but we just simply have to get this guy.

Big Dave
Neves
Herrera - Pogba

Make it happen Woody.
ffs

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Read somewhere that he supports united. But then read elsewhere that he supported chelsea.
I think what is gonna be important to Sancho at his age is to continue to develop if he does decide to return to England. At United he will know, that the RW is a weakness of ours and a position that he can make his own.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's the most no brainer signing that we could possibly make and one we simply have to make IMO. It's massive gaping hole in our squad, we have a young attack as it is, and bringing in a young english player who is already good friends with players like Rashford would be huge. Potentially world class player and would have Martial, Rashford and Sancho as our front 3 basically for the next 7-8 years. No matter the cost, just get it done.

Josep Dowling

Not sure if this is true. I remember their tweet after we signed Micky. It made some comment about us being in the Europa League that season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Not sure if this is true. I remember their tweet after we signed Micky. It made some comment about us being in the Europa League that season.
I think that was more a dig at the player and Raiola who reportedly kicked a chair or two in a meeting with Dortmund over the players future.

Jib

70 millions is a lot but he's english and we badly need a RW so even if he's overrated, I want him here

70 million seems low, given Dembele went for 100 plus.
Dembele is at least twice as good tbf.

BaseFishing

DDG
Wan-Bissaka - Koulibaly - De Ligt - F. Mendy
Veratti
Coutinho - Pogba
Dybala --------------------------- Sancho
Icardi
Am I doing it right?

Canagel

DDG
Wan-Bissaka - Koulibaly - De Ligt - F. Mendy
Veratti
Coutinho - Pogba
Dybala --------------------------- Sancho
Icardi
Am I doing it right?
Maybe if the saudis took over...
But you can't leave martial and Rashford out of any muppet XI

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Uh oh. This thread has a big future. Just the question if it's gonna follow in Thiagos footsteps or Pogbas.

Kamprad

Big Dave
Neves
Herrera - Pogba

Make it happen Woody.
Kagawa and who is the other one?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I disagree. Sancho has better output in the same amount of games according to transfermarkt, whilst being about 4 years younger too.
They're less than three years apart, and he's playing with a better Dortmund side IMO. That being said, Sancho is an elite-level of talent like Dembele, I think United should break the bank to get him and not think for one second. The only other elite talents out there are Dembele, Vinicius, and Mbappe when you look at 21 and under world class potential that's been shown in Europe. Only Sancho is a possibility to get out of those four. To think how lackluster that right wing of United has been and to see it reinvigorated by a talent like that would be incredible.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's a match made in heaven. Our right wing is desperately in need lf somebody with his natural talent. He's English, an elite talent and a right winger. He is also right footed and gives you genuine width.

Should be the no. 1 priority this summer without a doubt.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
They're less than three years apart, and he's playing with a better Dortmund side IMO. That being said, Sancho is an elite-level of talent like Dembele, I think United should break the bank to get him and not think for one second. The only other elite talents out there are Dembele, Vinicius, and Mbappe when you look at 21 and under world class potential that's been shown in Europe. Only Sancho is a possibility to get out of those four. To think how lackluster that right wing of United has been and to see it reinvigorated by a talent like that would be incredible.
Vinicius looks good but I haven't seen talent from him on the level of the others. With Sancho it's obvious as feck. He's got talent dropping out of his toes. Also it has to be said that just like Sancho and Vinicius are popping up on your list, there will be new (currently hidden) gems who keep rising all the time so nothing is set in stone. Some of these may be surpassed soon any others for all we know.

An attack consisting of these in a couple of years will frighten defenders
Martial
Pogba
Rashford
Sancho
Greenwood

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Ah ok, they had their ages down as 17 & 21, I trusted it would be right. Still a significant age gap when generally you're only starting out at 17ish and Sancho is being mentioned alongside Dembele, who had been playing first team football for 3 or so years at 3 different clubs. Agreed about the rest.

croadyman

Vinicius looks good but I haven't seen talent from him on the level of the others. With Sancho it's obvious as feck. He's got talent dropping out of his toes. Also it has to be said that just like Sancho and Vinicius are popping up on your list, there will be new (currently hidden) gems who keep rising all the time so nothing is set in stone. Some of these may be surpassed soon any others for all we know.

An attack consisting of these in a couple of years will frighten defenders
Martial
Pogba
Rashford
Sancho
Greenwood
Only way that Mbappe joins that list is if we are taken over by the super rich owners and I don't mean the Red Knights

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Ah ok, they had their ages down as 17 & 21, I trusted it would be right. Still a significant age gap when generally you're only starting out at 17ish and Sancho is being mentioned alongside Dembele, who had been playing first team football for 3 or so years at 3 different clubs. Agreed about the rest.
Dembele started at Dortmund at the age of 19 and stayed there for a year, I think the similar path they've taken and the stats they've accomplished at Dortmund are the main reason people are mentioning them in the same sentence. I don't think Sancho right now is as good as Dembele has been this season though, which is normal because he's had more time as you mentioned. Sancho is in the perfect environment to keep developing so he can make the step up that Dembele has made, and why not do it at United as he would immediately be a key player given their huge need at the right wing, while Dembele wasn't necessarily an automatic starter in his first season riddled with injuries.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Neil Custis is gonna be on Phil Brown's show tomorrow after the Chelsea game. I'm sure he will shed more light on his Jadon Sancho piece from afew days earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.