Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevilRoshi

Will see what happens.

Don’t think there is a clear or even slight favourite for his signature.

DanClancy

This will almost certainly be Pedro’s last season and possibly Willians. Chelsea still has the Hazard money and basically 2 summers worth of transfer budget saved up. A move for Sancho, a great young player in a budding young team makes sense and is totally feasible.
I think this is overstated, Chelsea spent a fair bit last season with a view to this season when they had a fair idea the transfer ban was coming. We'll see what their next set of accounts and given there was no CL football during 18/19 I'd expect income will be down. £100m is a lot of money to spend on a young winger when you've already got 2 brilliant young wingers

Chelsea have made 4 money signings in the last 15 months with Jorginho, Kepa, Pulisic & Kovacic which cost about £220m, I realise they've recouped most of that already and with more to come in with the sale of Moratta but Chelsea have had to sell but Chelsea traditionally make huge operating losses, think its nearly £300m in the last 4 years and have relied on selling well to make a profit.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Heard a whisper today he may be a target for Liverpool. They could do with him to be honest as their front three have to play every game at the moment.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
You cannot seriously mean that Martial should not have competition for his position, because he will moan if he is benched. If he is benched, that means there is a better striker playing. I guess we can´t have anything of that.
I am ironic when I say that.

I doubt that we can win something with Martial upfront as our number 9. He's not the one who will win us matched like RVN was, or prime Rooney.

To be honest I don't really like his style as a 9, or I don't really like his mentality.

It's now 4 years he plays for us and except few flashes here and there, Martial will never be our Hazard, Aguero etc.

So if we are to sign Sancho, Maddison and Haaland (full FIFA mode of course), I think Martial will be benched and will leave

Sky12

Supports
Chelsea
Alot of rumours said he wanted to get back «home» to Manchester? I’d say the bigger chance for starting XI , the bigger status of playing for United, and possible the bigger wages would mean it is 50-50 between us and Chelsea. He clearly idolizes Rashford at least
idolizes if far far better than Rashford. A lot of people just saying things like this to help them sleep at night. How can he idolize a player he’s far better than.

They may be mates like he is mates with most English players but he doesn't idolize him. The only people that idolizes Rashford are United fans

Last edited by a moderator:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Liverpool are the CL winners, they are favourites to win the EPL and they have a top quality manager. That's way better then our nostalgia train lead by a joke of a board and manager

dal

the thing is this kid can play in the hole easily or on the wing him and Maddison should be no brainers if there mentality is right

cyberman

Liverpool are the CL winners, they are favourites to win the EPL and they have a top quality manager. That's way better then our nostalgia train lead by a joke of a board and manager
A manager who has said hes leaving at the end of next season

devilish

A manager who has said hes leaving at the end of next season
Managers are a fickle lot. Sir Alex came close of leaving twice before he did. Still whoever comes to Liverpool he will inherit a top side. I also doubt that Liverpool would hire someone with Ole’s CV as manager either.

cyberman

Managers are a fickle lot. Sir Alex came close of leaving twice before he did. Still whoever comes to Liverpool he will inherit a top side. I also doubt that Liverpool would hire someone with Ole’s CV as manager either.
Cant change ehat he has said though. You cant put all that forward and ignore the fact that Sancho would only get 1 year of Klopp
Also dont forget Sancho gave up the chance to work with Pep so what dors a managers worth really mean to him

devilish

Cant change ehat he has said though. You cant put all that forward and ignore the fact that Sancho would only get 1 year of Klopp
Also dont forget Sancho gave up the chance to work with Pep so what dors a managers worth really mean to him
If Sancho expects to start and end his career with the same manager then he's deluded. Football is highly unpredictable. For all we know we might have a new owner and a new manager next year. Ah that would be something to look forward to.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Alot of rumours said he wanted to get back «home» to Manchester? I’d say the bigger chance for starting XI , the bigger status of playing for United, and possible the bigger wages would mean it is 50-50 between us and Chelsea. He clearly idolizes Rashford at least
Manchester isn’t his home though, he’s from London. City stole him off Watford when he was 14.

kidbob

idolizes if far far better than Rashford. A lot of people just saying things like this to help them sleep at night. How can he idolize a player he’s far better than.

They may be mates like he is mates with most English players but he doesn't idolize him. The only people that idolizes Rashford are United fans
Far better player? Honestly you think Sancho is a far better player than Rashford? If so you are horribly wrong. I'm sick at how underrated Rashford is, the guy is a regular for Manchester United, who while not at their past form play in the toughest league in Europe. Also he has been mostly great for England too. You do realise that Mount and Abraham have a way to go to match Rashford yet, regardless of goal numbers?

Edit: far better my arse. Messi is far better than Mason Mount but better than Hazard for example. Some of you people don't understand how to speak in proper terms honestly. Jadon Sancho is very good but he ain't 'far better' than anyone playing for a top 6 club right now. Maybe he idolizes Rashford's haircut.

Jibbs

If we are really serious about winning big titles, not just continue with the drama of project for the future... we will have to sign Sancho and Haaland, or some equally good not yet discovered player, I think with Sancho we can play him as our number 10 / false 9 who can drop between the lines and provide assists to Rashford and Haaland, Martial can do the same but I don't think he can as effectively as Sancho. With Rashford, Haaland, Sancho and Martial, we will not only have a lethal front 4 but also plenty of options for formation and style of play for different oppositions and style of play.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Far better player? Honestly you think Sancho is a far better player than Rashford? If so you are horribly wrong. I'm sick at how underrated Rashford is, the guy is a regular for Manchester United, who while not at their past form play in the toughest league in Europe. Also he has been mostly great for England too. You do realise that Mount and Abraham have a way to go to match Rashford yet, regardless of goal numbers?

Edit: far better my arse. Messi is far better than Mason Mount but better than Hazard for example. Some of you people don't understand how to speak in proper terms honestly. Jadon Sancho is very good but he ain't 'far better' than anyone playing for a top 6 club right now. Maybe he idolizes Rashford's haircut.
It's pretty weird isn't it how they all join up for England and suddenly Rashford plays like the consistent player and a player like Sancho can play like a different lost player to the one that rocks it with ease in Germany.

Playing for United with average Managers of your own, a poorly run club, against the best opposition teams and managers the PL has ever seen - I'm sure a player like Rashford would do well for other clubs if he moved at the right time to the right club to the right country.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If James turns out to be like Park I will gladly take that. Park was very underrated. Mind you, I think James' ceiling is a lot higher than that. Especially with him playing on the right now. He won't score a lot of goals, but he will get a ton of assists. He should have more now if not for poor finishing...
Absolutely. Park was an excellent footballer. On the other hand, I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to sign someone as naturally gifted as Sancho due to having a Park or James in the squad.

amolbhatia50k

Messi is far better than Hazard though.

And Sancho is far better than plenty of top 6 players. It's a bit daft to suggest otherwise. I mean, he's better by a good distance, than many players at Liecester and Chelsea, to name two of the top four (let alone 6). He and Pulisic were at the same club a short while back with it not even being close between the two. I would take him over Rashford given a straight up choice. Thankfully I don't have to make that choice and I believe Rashford is also a very good footballer.

E-mal

And Sancho is far better than plenty of top 6 players. It's a bit daft to suggest otherwise. I mean, he's better by a good distance, than many players at Liecester and Chelsea, to name two of the top four (let alone 6). He and Pulisic were at the same club a short while back with it not even being close between the two. I would take him over Rashford given a straight up choice. Thankfully I don't have to make that choice and I believe Rashford is also a very good footballer.
Naah, I have watched Sancho a few times, Rashford is a better player on the whole, but there are aspects of the game that Sancho is better.
Finishing, set piece, pace and general fear in defenders, I will take Rashford.
Dribbling and creativity especially against a packed defence then Sancho.
Paul Once was asked on sky about the player he was gonna start for England and he said without a doubt in his mind, Rashford.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Liverpool has not won he league in 30 years, stop acting like they are the kings of doing everything right. If enough time passes, you're bound to get it right eventually.

devilish

Liverpool has not won he league in 30 years, stop acting like they are the kings of doing everything right. If enough time passes, you're bound to get it right eventually.
As if a young ambitious player care about what happened prior his birth. Liverpool won the CL last season, they look set to win the league this season and on top of that they have better football men then ours including a real manager. That's what matters.

SteveW

He's a good player but he's not the be all and end all. Rashford and James are more explosive tbh. Greenwood will soon be very dangerous in that position too. We should be much more focused on getting a CM, AM and perhaps another striker imo.

amolbhatia50k

Naah, I have watched Sancho a few times, Rashford is a better player on the whole, but there are aspects of the game that Sancho is better.
Finishing, set piece, pace and general fear in defenders, I will take Rashford.
Dribbling and creativity especially against a packed defence then Sancho.
Paul Once was asked on sky about the player he was gonna start for England and he said without a doubt in his mind, Rashford.
Nah, if you've watched him only a few times then you're not really in a position to judge. I'd say that Rashford is further down in his development but in terms of natural talent Sancho is definitely higher. From what I can see they're both big talents but Sancho has a much greater potential. Rashford is quite skillful and hard working, whereas Sancho has that rare natural talent that is rare to come by. As much as I like Rashford he's never had quite that. In fact in our squad Pogba and Martial are the two that have it.

If Sancho has the right mentality it would be hard for him not to go further IMO. However that's a very important factor. In Rashfords case I definitely know that he's spot on in this regard.

wolvored

He's a good player but he's not the be all and end all. Rashford and James are more explosive tbh. Greenwood will soon be very dangerous in that position too. We should be much more focused on getting a CM, AM and perhaps another striker imo.
Agreed. We definitely need a 20+ goals a season striker, which we havent got. Someone who can also create one out of nowhere. We need an AM or a B2B who can score goals, and/or a DM/Anchor who can pass like Carrick allowing McTom and Pogba further forward. James has shown different qualities from both wings. Greenwood can play from the right as well. Rashford and Martial from the left.

SteveW

Agreed. We definitely need a 20+ goals a season striker, which we havent got. Someone who can also create one out of nowhere. We need an AM or a B2B who can score goals, and/or a DM/Anchor who can pass like Carrick allowing McTom and Pogba further forward. James has shown different qualities from both wings. Greenwood can play from the right as well. Rashford and Martial from the left.
Agreed, I think Martial is a 20+ goal striker. But he rarely stays fit all season and he couldn't be expected to play 50/60 games anyway. So we need an alternative. Ideally Rashford wouldn't have to fill in there anymore because he's clearly much more comfortable from the left.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You only really hear about him when he's doing well. People don't realise how inconsistent this kid is. If we signed him he'd be as hated as Rashford is.

Rashford and James are both having better seasons than him despite being inconsistent themselves, playing in a far stronger league too.

Classical Mechanic

You only really hear about him when he's doing well. People don't realise how inconsistent this kid is. If we signed him he'd be as hated as Rashford is.

Rashford and James are both having better seasons than him despite being inconsistent themselves, playing in a far stronger league too.
I don't think this is true at all. He's been incredibly consistent for a young player bursting on the scene in the past 18 months - 2 years. I'd say these last 10 games are so is the first time he's actually had a real wobble.

His record in the BL is a goal or assist every 87 minutes so far.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I don't think this is true at all. He's been incredibly consistent for a young player bursting on the scene in the past 18 months - 2 years. I'd say these last 10 games are so is the first time he's actually had a real wobble.

His record in the BL is a goal or assist every 87 minutes so far.
He had his quiet periods during the second half of last season as well. The thing is that the team overall has been dysfunctional for basically the whole of 2019 now and he's one of those players who can go missing for 60 minutes, but then be there when it's time to collect his goal or assist. Even having watched his games I find it hard to say how consistent he actually is.

Classical Mechanic

He had his quiet periods during the second half of last season as well. The thing is that the team overall has been dysfunctional for basically the whole of 2019 now and he's one of those players who can go missing for 60 minutes, but then be there when it's time to collect his goal or assist. Even having watched his games I find it hard to say how consistent he actually is.
My point is that for a young player is that he's been remarkably consistent, in my opinion at least. Progress is very rarely a straight line for young players. I don't think he's the kind of player to dominate a game all that often. I think he struggles in the first half quite a lot but has more impact in the second when it becomes more stretched. He seems to be a very efficient player though, as you mention. I do think that if people are expecting him to come to United and transform the side then they'll be disappointed.

kidbob

[/QUOTE]

He simply isn't 'far better' than Rashford and that was the post I responded too. Also I disagree with you when you say he's far better than any of the top 6 starting attackers. Who is he far better than? He's a very talented young player whose paying in a less challenging league. I'd love him here but he's worth 50 million at best right now.

@amolbhatia50k here's my reply mate. Don't know how I screwed my response up!!

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Sure he was subbed off after half an hour, but his display warranted it. I don't see how he was scapegoated or humiliated in any way beyond that. I think most of the blame was laid at Favre or the team as a whole, no one said they lost because Sancho - that would be quite some theory as well, since things didn't much improve after he was subbed off and the score went from 1-0 to 4-0. The official line was that the last two month's weren't great but nothing unusual for someone who experiences such a sudden career jump at such a young age.

So I can only conclude that this is either:
a) made up by the journalist
b) created by someone in Sancho's camp to create a narrative that supports a transfer - though Dortmund's officials have been fairly open about a transfer next summer being likely
c) Sancho already developed an overly sensitive ego that can't handle criticism

Last edited:

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
So I can only conclude that this is either:
a) made up by the journalist
b) created by someone in Sancho's camp to create a narrative that supports a transfer - though Dortmund's officials have been fairly open about a transfer next summer being likely
c) Sancho already developed an overly sensitive ego that can't handle criticism
Ornstein is not known for made up stories, so that leaves b) and c) more likely with probably a mix of both.
He was also fined and dropped for Borussia Monchengladbach I think (coming from international duty late).

Although, I would give him a bit of sympathy regarding that sub. No matter how badly you play nobody will react well to 30th minute sub, especially when your team lose 4-0 in the end and you managed to turn the same fixture around in the second half with a brilliant performance just a season ago.

Could be sign of a slightly bad attitude as much as a sign of someone who simply doesn't like to lose/thinks he can always turn the game around (which isn't bad at all).

Eric's Seagull

If this is true it looks like there is a good possibility that he could be on the move in the summer. I really he does come here but I doubt it due to the possibility of so many bug clubs after him.

If we have any chance of getting him I think we should bid before the European Championships as if he has a decent tournament his value could increase a lot again.

Last edited:

BlackShark_80

Ornstein is no longer very reliable, since he moved to the athletic he already made some mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.