Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I've heard he supported Drogba more than Chelsea but could be wrong.
You're wrong, he grew up a few miles from the ground and has said himself he supported Chelsea.

As for Drogba, there were three players he grew up idolising, I'll let Sancho himself say who...

'Ronaldinho was the main guy I used to watch on YouTube,” he said. “But I liked Frank Lampard quite a lot and Didier Drogba when they were playing for Chelsea. They were the three players I looked up to.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...view-borussia-dortmund-transfer-a9200291.html

What's Frank Lampard up to these days?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
You're wrong, he grew up a few miles from the ground and has said himself he supported Chelsea.

As for Drogba, there were three players he grew up idolising, I'll let Sancho himself say who...

'Ronaldinho was the main guy I used to watch on YouTube,” he said. “But I liked Frank Lampard quite a lot and Didier Drogba when they were playing for Chelsea. They were the three players I looked up to.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...view-borussia-dortmund-transfer-a9200291.html

I'm not wrong at all. I have followed Mason Greenwood around the country due to the kid being from my social circle. And I've spoken to family members of Sancho who I've met in Manchester and one of them quite clearly stated that he did support Chelsea but it was due to Didier Drogba.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
No doubt a fantastic prospect but I really don’t think he should be our priority. We have already got young and exciting players for those positions.

We need a proper striker over Sancho and a top drawer midfielder or even two.
For the right wing? We've got James (who can also play from the left) but he's about pace. Sancho can beat players with trickery, which is more useful against defensive teams. Apart from being an outstanding prospect and already a top player, it's also worth making sure our rivals do not sign him up.

I really hope this Chelsea rumour is unfounded.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ole peformance (relative to Lampard's) this going to cost us an elite talent this summer. He's right winger, the best attacking talent of his age out there, English and we're going to lose out on him despite no (presently) top top team going for him. Says a lot about us if we lose out to Chelsea here. And would show that they're moving in the right direction. Sigh.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
For the right wing? We've got James (who can also play from the left) but he's about pace. Sancho can beat players with trickery, which is more useful against defensive teams. Apart from being an outstanding prospect and already a top player, it's also worth making sure our rivals do not sign him up.

I really hope this Chelsea rumour is unfounded.
I don’t disagree Bastian, I just think CF and MF are our priorities and am even more convinced after yesterday’s performance.

reddevilchennai

Ole peformance (relative to Lampard's) this going to cost us an elite talent this summer. He's right winger, the best attacking talent of his age out there, English and we're going to lose out on him despite no (presently) top top team going for him. Says a lot about us if we lose out to Chelsea here. And would show that they're moving in the right direction. Sigh.
Spot on mate. This is the time to sign Sancho.
If not he will be going to Chelsea and after winning few trophies there, he will go to Real like the same way Hazard did.

And I wonder why people say RW is not priority.
Martial is not CF, Greenwood shall be moved there.
James alone in RW and he is not that much good enough in breaking down teams sitting back. James is good for counter attacking system.

RW is also a priority for us along with CM, AM and ST and a signing like Sancho can make a lot of difference in the way we attack.

duffer

Scout
I'm not wrong at all. I have followed Mason Greenwood around the country due to the kid being from my social circle. And I've spoken to family members of Sancho who I've met in Manchester and one of them quite clearly stated that he did support Chelsea but it was due to Didier Drogba.
You've gone from "I could be wrong" to "I'm not wrong at all". What's changed?

I'd take Sancho's word over anyone else to be honest.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Ask my uncle why I support Chelsea and I'm sure he'll come up with some bollocks.
Believe who you want. But i've spoken to his family members on numerous occasions and being a Chelsea fan isn't gonna be a determining factor for him.

And what Sancho says in interviews shouldn't be taken as Gospel because young teens are trained to give specific responses to certain questions. Mason Greenwood is going through the same process.

duffer

Scout
Believe who you want. But i've spoken to his family members on numerous occasions and being a Chelsea fan isn't gonna be a determining factor for him.

And what Sancho says in interviews shouldn't be taken as Gospel because young teens are trained to give specific responses to certain questions. Mason Greenwood is going through the same process.
I'll believe Sancho, not you.

And I never said it would be a determining factor. I just took issue with you saying "he supported Drogba more than Chelsea" which is obviously silly and demonstrably incorrect according to Sancho himself.

As for kids being told what to say in interviews, you are right of course but do you think Man City or Watford trained him to tell the world he was a Chelsea fan? Of course not.

marktan

Do Chelsea even need him? They currently have Hudson Odoi, Willian, Pulisic and Mount vying for the wide positions. Even if they were to get rid of Willian they'd have 4 young players who'd want to be starting.

Us on the other hand still don't have a single technical wide player. Daniel James is a step in the right direction but he's still very raw and doesn't dribble very technically (more pace). Having someone like Sancho would be huge.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Why was he trained to name Chelsea players when he was from Watford academy, who joined City's academy and then joined Dortmund first team?

roonster09

Scout

And I never said it would be a determining factor. I just took issue with you saying "he supported Drogba more than Chelsea" which is obviously silly and demonstrably incorrect according to Sancho himself.

As for kids being told what to say in interviews, you are right of course but do you think Man City or Watford trained him to tell the world he was a Chelsea fan? Of course not.
Of course, City and Chelsea are same.

Wait, is that joke very old now?

Btw agree with your point. It's weird to read these "don't believe the player, believe me" posts when the Watford and City academy player named Chelsea legends as his favorite players. Maybe Watford and City really should step up training kids with media handling skills. These kids are naming all wrong players.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I never said it would be a determining factor. I just took issue with you saying "he supported Drogba more than Chelsea" which is obviously silly and demonstrably incorrect according to Sancho himself.

I had no reason not to believe his family members regarding him supporting Chelsea due to Drogba. Are they being silly?

I don't think you understood what I meant by young teens being trained to say specific stuff in interviews etc. And him saying he supported Chelsea as a boy isn't what i'm talking about. But young teen prodigies like Sancho, De Ligt etc are trained by their reps to say specific stuff which they don't necessarily believe word for word to give them leverage in a transfer or new contract etc. And i'm seeing that first hand with Mason Greenwood right now, and speak on this topic with some experience.

roonster09

Scout
Did I say that?
He said he loved 2 Chelsea legends and Chelsea was the club he supported. You said teens are trained to say specific things without meaning them. Why did he say he supported Chelsea then? Maybe because that's the truth.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He said he loved 2 Chelsea legends and Chelsea was the club he supported. You said teens are trained to say specific things without meaning them. Why did he say he supported Chelsea then? Maybe because that's the truth.
Him stating he supported Chelsea as a boy has no correlation to what I meant regarding teen prodigies being trained to say specific things by their reps. If London and supporting Chelsea was such a big deal he wouldn't have moved to Manchester at such a young age.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That Sun report has zero weight - but I don't expect it being far off from the truth.

The figure looks about correct and Chelsea definitely have a high chance, especially if they get the top 4 which is looking likely.

Yet again we've cost ourselves with another poor season.

Sky12

Supports
Chelsea
Him stating he supported Chelsea as a boy has no correlation to what I meant regarding teen prodigies being trained to say specific things by their reps. If London and supporting Chelsea was such a big deal he wouldn't have moved to Manchester at such a young age.
I bet you never met any of his family members. You just saying all this to make yourself feel important and better about yourself due to your refusal to acknowledge Sancho may not be joining you after all the done deal stuff you have been peddling. This minute you say his been trained to say his a Chelsea fan next you say you didnt say that. I got news for you, some fans support clubs because of players. So if he supports chelsea because of Drogba, I dont see what point you are trying to make.

Last edited:

roonster09

Scout
Well I don't think anyone said him supporting Chelsea has any relevance. It's to do with you saying not to believe the player and believe you.

So why did he tell he supported Chelsea when he was a boy? Surely that's not a media trained answer as he wasn't from Chelsea academy, and also played for one of Chelsea's rivals in PL.

In Rainbows

TBF, a player might say things because of indirect pressure. When Adnan was at the club, he would say he was a fan of CR7, when we all know that wasn't the case. It's not that the club pressured him at all directly, but he felt compelled to say it. Maybe Sancho said Lampard because he didn't want to be known as a player>club fan? As a kid I used to root for any green team, and eventually grew out of it. I didn't state that as a teen because I didn't want to come across as a color>city wanker :lol:

roonster09

Scout
TBF, a player might say things because of indirect pressure. When Adnan was at the club, he would say he was a fan of CR7, when we all know that wasn't the case. It's not that the club pressured him at all directly, but he felt compelled to say it. Maybe Sancho said Lampard because he didn't want to be known as a player>club fan? As a kid I used to root for any green team, and eventually grew out of it. I didn't state that as a teen because I didn't want to come across as a color>city wanker :lol:
Or maybe like many other kids, he loved Chelsea and Chelsea legends, and said same thing in the interview like Sterling said how he was ManUtd fan in one of the interviews.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Well I don't think anyone said him supporting Chelsea has any relevance. It's to do with you saying not to believe the player and believe you.

So why did he tell he supported Chelsea when he was a boy? Surely that's not a media trained answer as he wasn't from Chelsea academy, and also played for one of Chelsea's rivals in PL.
Where on earth did I say don't believe the player and believe me? You're talking bollox.

"Why did he tell he supported Chelsea" You mean why did he state he supports Chelsea when he was a boy?

What on earth has the above got to do with what I said. I never mentioned media training as something which goes against something I believe he really did as a kid, which was support Chelsea.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I do think 120m is worthy given the situation we are in our attack, we got bunch of inconsistency attackers and we need to have players that can challenge them. We are relying on James & Rashford alone in our wide forwards or wingers. If there is reinforcement that we need, the wide position is definitely one of them. James isn’t exactly a goal scorer talent and Sancho himself isn’t a natural finisher but he has talent to capable score lot of goals and we could have very good trio attackers with him joining us. He has 9 goals already this season in the league, and also 9 assists. Very good end product so far.

Imagine having Sancho 9 goals 9 assists in the league half season & Rashford 10 goals and 4 assists in the league half season. I’ll be excited to see these two at United together in both of our flanks.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Nailed it.

roonster09

Scout
I've heard he supported Drogba more than Chelsea but could be wrong.

I had no reason not to believe his family members regarding him supporting Chelsea due to Drogba. Are they being silly?

I don't think you understood what I meant by young teens being trained to say specific stuff in interviews etc. And him saying he supported Chelsea as a boy isn't what i'm talking about. But young teen prodigies like Sancho, De Ligt etc are trained by their reps to say specific stuff which they don't necessarily believe word for word to give them leverage in a transfer or new contract etc. And i'm seeing that first hand with Mason Greenwood right now, and speak on this topic with some experience.

So do we believe Sancho who said he supports Chelsea or do we believe Adnan on internet forum who says he spoke to Sancho parents and they said Sancho is more of Drogba supporter than Chelsea.

Why was he trained to name Chelsea players when he was from Watford academy, who joined City's academy and then joined Dortmund first team?

So we shouldn't take what Sancho says in interview as gospel as they are trained to give specific response, and that's when I asked why was he trained to give Chelsea legends names in interview as @duffer clearly gave that interview to back up his argument.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

So do we believe Sancho who said he supports Chelsea or do we believe Adnan on internet forum who says he spoke to Sancho parents and they said Sancho is more of Drogba supporter than Chelsea.

So we shouldn't take what Sancho says in interview as gospel as they are trained to give specific response, and that's when I asked why was he trained to give Chelsea legends names in interview as @duffer clearly gave that interview to back up his argument.
Where did I say 'believe me' over Sancho? You made that claim after jumping into a conversation between myself and Duffer. Now either back it up or say you were lying.

roonster09

Scout
Where did I say 'believe me' over Sancho? You made that claim after jumping into a conversation between myself and Duffer. Now either back it up or say you were lying.
Dude read the whole conversation. You are so full of shit, it's amazing how you twist everything.

Sancho says he supports Chelsea
Adnan says he supports Drogba more than Chelsea
Duffer posts link to prove Sancho supports Chelsea, which is Sancho's interview.
Adnan says he spoke to Sancho's family and they said he supports Drogba more than Chelsea and he has no reason to doubt them.
And apart from that Adnan also adds "Believe who you want. But i've spoken to his family members " in his posts when duffer said "I'd take Sancho's word over anyone else to be honest. "

So what who are we supposed to believe now? Sancho or Adnan who somehow knows every young player in the world?

I didn't make up anything, I just called out your bs. And the nerve to call me liar when all you have done is lie about knowing some young players in England. Somehow magically they all answered the questions that was asked on caf and the answers that support your posts :lol:

Drainy

Being a childhood fan of a club is literally near the bottom of most player's considerations when deciding who to join, so the whole discussion is a bit pointless to be honest.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Dude read the whole conversation. You are so full of shit, it's amazing how you twist everything.

Sancho says he supports Chelsea
Adnan says he supports Drogba more than Chelsea
Duffer posts link to prove Sancho supports Chelsea, which is Sancho's interview.
Adnan says he spoke to Sancho's family and they said he supports Drogba more than Chelsea and he has no reason to doubt them.
And apart from that Adnan also adds "Believe who you want. But i've spoken to his family members " in his posts when duffer said "I'd take Sancho's word over anyone else to be honest. "

So what who are we supposed to believe now? Sancho or Adnan who somehow knows every young player in the world?

I didn't make up anything, I just called out your bs. And the nerve to call me liar when all you have done is lie about knowing some young players in England. Somehow magically they all answered the questions that was asked on caf and the answers that support your posts :lol:
Don't make statements that you can't back up. I quite clearly didn't say, 'believe me me over Sancho' and it's no surprise you've avoided answering my question. I know English isn't your first language but there's no need to make things up.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Being a childhood fan of a club is literally near the bottom of most player's considerations when deciding who to join, so the whole discussion is a bit pointless to be honest.
This, it's good for trivia but it doesn't tell us much about career choices.

roonster09

Scout
Don't make statements that you can't back up. I quite clearly didn't say, 'believe me me over Sancho' and it's no surprise you've avoided answering my question. I know English isn't your first language but there's no need to make things up.
I have posted your quotes which says that and I have answered straight to the point. It hardly takes few seconds to read and to make it even easier, I have highlighted those words too. Shouldn't be difficult.

Post nonsense or a lie, twist and try to get out. Very simple.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I have posted your quotes which says that and I have answered straight to the point. It hardly takes few seconds to read and to make it even easier, I have highlighted those words too. Shouldn't be difficult.

Post nonsense or a lie, twist and try to get out. Very simple.
Show me where I said believe me over Sancho? That's all I require.

Status
Not open for further replies.