Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-mal

feck - Sancho, Martial, Rashford and Greenwood are going to seriously be a threat if they all click with him. Be rare to see them all on the pitch at the same time I'm sure but our attack will be potent as hell.

His vision is very underrated.
If we are lucky and add Grealish to the mix with say someone like Partey, then the options for our front 6 will be incredibly scary.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
He’s a superb player.
10 years or more of him if you keep him happy.
Get him in if you can.

Corey

Gonna get a criticism/doubt I have off my chest before I get excited, he doesn’t have the same explosiveness as traore and he seems to slow down a bit with the ball that mightn’t suit our attack, but since he’s still young I’m sure ole will encourage him to keep it moving as quick as possible.
We technically could go 442 with pogba and Fernandes in the middle :keano:
Literally nobody has the same explosive as Traore

RUCK4444

Gonna get a criticism/doubt I have off my chest before I get excited, he doesn’t have the same explosiveness as traore and he seems to slow down a bit with the ball that mightn’t suit our attack, but since he’s still young I’m sure ole will encourage him to keep it moving as quick as possible.
Our attack would benefit from some more intricate play rather than just explosive pace, we have enough of that.

We need more intricate plays, one-twos and controlled pressure to kick out attack into another gear imo. :devil:

The Irish Connection

Our attack would benefit from some more intricate play rather than just explosive pace, we have enough of that.

We need more intricate plays, one-twos and controlled pressure to kick out attack into another gear imo. :devil:
Fair enough, he definitely is a clever/creative passer.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Traore is just a bull in a China shop, it's probably harsh to call him a kick and run merchant but that is essentially what he does, that and simply bulldozing his way through. No where near the level of Sancho obviously

TsuWave

Gonna get a criticism/doubt I have off my chest before I get excited, he doesn’t have the same explosiveness as traore and he seems to slow down a bit with the ball that mightn’t suit our attack,
We already have an olympic sprinter in the squad, and he gets nullified pretty easily. Sancho is technically gifted and often two or more men are required to stop or track him, our other attackers will eat nicely off of this, and that's without mentioning Sancho himself has achieved back to back double figures in assist and goals at 20 years old.

VanGaalEra

Please stop showing us teams with Pogba and Bruno as a MF 2. We’ll end up seeing 5-4’s each week and I’m not too certain it will always be in our favour.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's very good at moving with the ball at his feet, he's a very quick thinking and he is quick from a starting position (average top speed). Would say he's the opposite of slowing it down when he gets the ball. He's a pass and move player through certain areas, in others run forward and dribble past players type but very much a keep it moving type of guy. He'll excel on the right for us.

But yeah nobody is as explosive as Adama, so no point comparing.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Sancho had a great relationship with Hakimi. I hope we get him in early, before pre season so he can get working with AWB. AWB is weak (but improving) going forward and this might be what he needs to find his space. Can look like bambi on ice going forward sometimes

laughtersassassin

Sancho had a great relationship with Hakimi. I hope we get him in early, before pre season so he can get working with AWB. AWB is weak (but improving) going forward and this might be what he needs to find his space. Can look like bambi on ice going forward sometimes
He will have to learn to overlap.

I like AWB but I don't get why he never runs into space at pace? Like he isn't lazy and surely he is told to do it. It's not that hard.

I'm not even saying run with the ball at pace just off the ball. That's the biggest thing he needs to work on.

Shaw was doing it loads post lockdown. Helped Rash out a lot but he needs to learn a final ball.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Was a tongue-in-cheek and off the top of my head but you made me check

Per 90 minutes(league+CL):
15/16 Dembele 0.6 G 0.2 A 5 dribbles
16/17 Dembele 0.3 G 0.5 A 3.5 dribbles
16/17 Dembele(CL) 0.2 G 0.7 A 4.5 dribbles

18/19 Sancho 0.4 G 0.5 A 4.1 dribbles
18/19 Sancho(CL) 0.2 G 0.2 A 2.3 dribbles
19/20 Sancho 0.7 G 0.6 A 3 dribbles
19/20 Sancho(CL) 0.3 G 0.3 A 3.3 dribbles

16/17 Mbappé 0.9 G 0.5 A 1.9 dribbles
16/17 Mbappé(CL) 1 G - A 3 dribbles
17/18 Mbappé 0.6 G 0.3 A 3.4 dribbles
17/18 Mbappé(CL) 0.5 G 0.4 A 3.7 dribbles

Sancho closer to Mbappé than Dembele in the league, not so in CL. Mbappé with the best numbers across the board. Also similar numbers between league and CL, which goes to show how ridiculous he is
Interesting comparisons showing just how elite Mbappe is. With Sancho on the other hand, to be honest, I'm not entirely sure. especially when you consider that other than Pulisic and Lewandowski, not many big money moves from Dortmund have panned out. Dembele, kagawa, Sahin, Miki and Gotze come to mind. Pulisic has a certain trickiness and directness that translates to his play that translates well to EPL that I don't think sancho has. Also, AWB has to improve his combination play by a lot too for them to work well together.
It's not my money and I cannot really think of any bettwr alternatives right now so feck it. Really really hope he works out.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Interesting comparisons showing just how elite Mbappe is. With Sancho on the other hand, to be honest, I'm not entirely sure. especially when you consider that other than Pulisic and Lewandowski, not many big money moves from Dortmund have panned out. Dembele, kagawa, Sahin, Miki and Gotze come to mind. Pulisic has a certain trickiness and directness that translates to his play that translates well to EPL that I don't think sancho has. Also, AWB has to improve his combination play by a lot too for them to work well together.
It's not my money and I cannot really think of any bettwr alternatives right now so feck it. Really really hope he works out.
Aubameyang, Gundogan, Hummels, basically as many players as you've mentioned that didn't work out there's the same number that did

Delano

Jan also said Kagawa, Mhkitarayan, Dembele, Aubamayang etc etc wouldn't be sold. He clearly has a source at Dortmund and spouts the "company line".

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Aubameyang, Gundogan, Hummels, basically as many players as you've mentioned that didn't work out there's the same number that did
Fair points though his role/position is similar to those who's success didn't translate, Pulisic aside (so far).
Nothing will make me happy than to look back and think how ridiculous it was to worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.