Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
You can say a lot about Fjortoft (and he usually does it himself - he always was a bit fond of himself) - but I doubt there are many ex-footballers with his contact-net in Europe. He played 4 years in Austria, 6 years in England and 2 years in Germany and he has worked with football for the last 15-16 years. So when it comes to Germany/Austria - he has a lot of contacts.

His son actually plays in Scotland for Hamilton ...
I know about Fjortoft, I'm talking about how muppets perceive news, not his reliability.

Strats

You can say a lot about Fjortoft (and he usually does it himself - he always was a bit fond of himself) - but I doubt there are many ex-footballers with his contact-net in Europe. He played 4 years in Austria, 6 years in England and 2 years in Germany and he has worked with football for the last 15-16 years. So when it comes to Germany/Austria - he has a lot of contacts.

His son actually plays in Scotland for Hamilton ...
I find him very annoying. Its easy to tell that he likes being in the spotlight when he does interviews after games.

Get the feeling that Ole doesn't like him that much based on interviews where he acts somewhat cold towards Fjörtoft compared to other journalists.

Suv666

Who cares about how much he costs. I'd rather we bought one world class talent than three mediocre ones.

Nr.7

They are a salty little bunch. It’s small man syndrome. It all stems from them being Bayern’s bitch.
It’s actually quite funny in a way.

Dortmund is a selling club so if you’re a fan of theirs you’re used to being a feeder club. It’s like you’re loaning players and returning them to Bayern or one of bigger European clubs.
So actually if you support Dortmund and have a favorite player on that team you have to wish they play terrible so that they can have a long Dortmund career.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

I really hope we get him! What I notice most from these clips is just how many players he draws in trying to tackle him. That would create so much space for our other forward players. Add to Fernandes, Pogba, Martial and Rashford for teams to worry about, our attack is going to be difficult for most teams to handle.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Bit weird to see Dortmund fans still clutching at straws like this isn't a simple formality at this point.
Like the Leicester fans last summer, first they battle it til the end, and then they start giving it loads about how their other options are actually better anyway.

The way Evans and Soyuncu performed near the end of the season was like an absolute come uppance for those boasts

0le

Like the Leicester fans last summer, first they battle it til the end, and then they start giving it loads about how their other options are actually better anyway.

The way Evans and Soyuncu performed near the end of the season was like an absolute come uppance for those boasts
Yeah I remember that last year. Very satisfying finishing above them, particularly how Rodgers lost the 14 point lead.

DarkLord

And to top it off, the finale was against them with Evans getting sent off.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Why do you think you can get him next year cheaply? Lots of the top clubs want Sancho but are put off by the price and it’s a tough year financially for the football world. United look like being the only team willing to break the bank for him. If he doesn’t move until next season suddenly you’ll be competing against the likes of Real, Barca, City, Chelsea etc, and it’s by no means certainly he’d pick United.
I don't. I was just thinking about it. The thing what i would do is to wait until the end of window. Because fee will drop next year. Nobody will pay 100mil for player who has one year contract left. Dortmund know that. So it is now between us and them who will blink first.

I read that Barca's president said that they lost 200mil because of covid. I doubt that we didn't lost a lot. Sure, not like Barca but still we lost a lot of money. I want Sancho, Grealish, midfielder, defender, full back etc...but not in the way that we in a year or two have financial troubles. We know what Glazers will do in that case. Borrow more money from banks.

Anyway, we will buy him this summer. 60mil plus 50 through bonus fees is my guess

tenpoless

Look at all these welcome to Chelsea, Pool, Madrid, Barca videos. The creators made a tit out of themselves.

All I want to say is feck you feck you feck you feck you. Sancho to ManUnited is done youuu prrriiicccckkss.

lysglimt

Scout
I find him very annoying. Its easy to tell that he likes being in the spotlight when he does interviews after games.

Get the feeling that Ole doesn't like him that much based on interviews where he acts somewhat cold towards Fjörtoft compared to other journalists.
He is an acquired taste yes, but he knows a lot of people

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Look at all these welcome to Chelsea, Pool, Madrid, Barca videos. The creators made a tit out of themselves.

All I want to say is feck you feck you feck you feck you. Sancho to ManUnited is done youuu prrriiicccckkss.
Well... he better sign now :lol:

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I don't. I was just thinking about it. The thing what i would do is to wait until the end of window. Because fee will drop next year. Nobody will pay 100mil for player who has one year contract left. Dortmund know that. So it is now between us and them who will blink first.

I read that Barca's president said that they lost 200mil because of covid. I doubt that we didn't lost a lot. Sure, not like Barca but still we lost a lot of money. I want Sancho, Grealish, midfielder, defender, full back etc...but not in the way that we in a year or two have financial troubles. We know what Glazers will do in that case. Borrow more money from banks.

Anyway, we will buy him this summer. 60mil plus 50 through bonus fees is my guess
I get the desire to drive the price down, but if I were you guys I’d make very sure you don’t miss out. You really don’t want to wait till the last minute just for the deal to fall apart and then next season see him playing for a rival instead.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Love your confidence:lol:

mu4c_20le

I get the desire to drive the price down, but if I were you guys I’d make very sure you don’t miss out. You really don’t want to wait till the last minute just for the deal to fall apart and then next season see him playing for a rival instead.
No one else is in for him, Chelsea were the only ones seriously linked and could actually afford him. This is simply the Maguire deal all over again.

Infestissumam

way to put your neck on the line. I know who to blame if it falls through :lol:

Giggsyking

If he does not sign, I'll come after you.

Rolaholic

Can't wait to see Chelsea and Liverpool fans switching their tunes entirely the moment he's announced :lol: :lol:

Stretender

It depends if Chelsea want him. The only 2 teams who can buy Sancho are United and Chelsea. I have it on account that the way he left City, Pep felt disrespected and City said they dont want him back. So unless Chelsea are in for him which looks unlikely considering the options they have, United have a free run at him. It's also an open secret that he wants to play with Rashford, there is a bromance between them 2. Even Ole mentioned something to the effect that Rashford has been doing his job in convincing Sancho.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
It depends if Chelsea want him. The only 2 teams who can buy Sancho are United and Chelsea. I have it on account that the way he left City, Pep felt disrespected and City said they dont want him back. So unless Chelsea are in for him which looks unlikely considering the options they have, United have a free run at him. It's also an open secret that he wants to play with Rashford, there is a bromance between them 2. Even Ole mentioned something to the effect that Rashford has been doing his job in convincing Sancho.
From what I’ve heard, Chelsea pulled out purely because of the cost. 120m euros PLUS the agent demanding a mind blowing 50m euros on top. If the cost was more reasonable you could absolutely expect we’d be fighting tooth and nail for him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can't wait to see Chelsea and Liverpool fans switching their tunes entirely the moment he's announced :lol: :lol:
It's already happened "we've signed Werner, Pulisic and still have money spare, much better window mate!"

"Sancho just wants the money, if Chelsea wanted him he'd be here " :lol:

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
From what I’ve heard, Chelsea pulled out purely because of the cost. 120m euros PLUS the agent demanding a mind blowing 50m euros on top. If the cost was more reasonable you could absolutely expect we’d be fighting tooth and nail for him.
Then I think you have heard wrong. 120m Euros ( if it is 120m euros) will include agent fee. Same bs was said about Pogba deal and agent fee was part of 89m what United paid. Don't know how this keeps coming up with next to no basis at all.

Plus Chelsea is already in talks for Kai for 100m euros. I don't think cost is an issue considering the amount Chelsea already spent this window

Riz

What source is claiming the agent wants 50m euros on top? :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
Why do you think you can get him next year cheaply? Lots of the top clubs want Sancho but are put off by the price and it’s a tough year financially for the football world. United look like being the only team willing to break the bank for him. If he doesn’t move until next season suddenly you’ll be competing against the likes of Real, Barca, City, Chelsea etc, and it’s by no means certainly he’d pick United.
Why you trying to make out City and Chelsea can't afford him/don't want to pay it now? Chelsea have already spent a fortune and are trying to spend even more! He didn't want to go there though which seems obvious at this stage surely.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Just got a feeling we will hear some news tonight, maybe that we have lodged an official bid. I know we don't do normally on the weekends but just got a feeling...

No Love

Just got a feeling we will hear some news tonight, maybe that we have lodged an official bid. I know we don't do normally on the weekends but just got a feeling...
Bold prediction, especially when, to my knowledge, our bid is yet to be prepared. I hope you’re right, mind you.

No Love

Are you Man Utd's or a similar football teams accountant?

Otherwise - this is irrelevant info.
Reminds me of that episode of Airline in which an EasyJet flight gets delayed and a passenger asks to know what the cause is, as her husband is an engineer.

Revan

Assumptionman
He will have only one year in his contract next summer. Which means that BVB will sell him on cheap or risk him signing with some other team just 6 months later.

Saying that I would much rather get him here now for 80m then wait next summer to get him for 40m. 40m is less than UCL money and Sancho will essentially guarantee it and establishing us as the third best team in the league.

Zed 101

I might be about to get my head bitten off, but does Sancho really offer anything different or better than Rashford, and/or Greenwood, DNGMW I am more than happy if we sign him but only to give us more strength in depth

Status
Not open for further replies.