Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

Thanks for the answers.

The whole deal is one in past you would expect Madrid to go in for (and usual get). But, if they're after Mbappe then I guess there is only so much cash to go about.
Madrid just spent big money on Hazard a year ago and have big money young flair players at his position already in Vinicius and Rodrygo.

If they do spend big over the next year it'll likely be for a Benzema successor which would likely be the current object of Florentino Perez and Zidane's affection in Mbappe

Smithy89

I am fully convinced Ole wants him this summer and will do a lot to get him as soon as possible. Not buying any stuff about waiting another year

If we don't get him it shows how unambitious we are, just like when Jose got top 4 and then we signed nobody he wanted.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
This is a complex deal with the size of the fee involved. Obviously we were never gonna turn up on day one and slap 120 million on the table. No one does that.

It will take some time to reach the compromise to get this deal through.
Well...unless you're an oil rich despot or some oligarch. And there aren't any of those about :wenger:

AneRu

Thanks for the answers.

The whole deal is one in past you would expect Madrid to go in for (and usual get). But, if they're after Mbappe then I guess there is only so much cash to go about.
I just thought about Madrid's Mbappe pursuit and how it could impact this deal. If Madrid get knocked back by PSG they might just decide to move for Sancho and if PSG sell to Madrid they might decide to go for Sancho as one of the replacements, obviously they would sell Mbappe for a Neymar type of fee which would allow them to sign Sancho plus another.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
If we don't get him it shows how unambitious we are, just like when Jose got top 4 and then we signed nobody he wanted.
I thought Jose got 2nd and he gave 6 names.We bought Fred who Pep wanted, and Dalot who he said was the most coveted RB in Europe.

It's all a blur these days...

croadyman

So its dead in the water then ?

Still money saved buy Grealish and Zaha and we come out smiling
Nope far from dead in the water and just rang into Talksport to reassure any of the fanbase who don't understand how this media cycle works. Made me feel good doing that because I know there will be plenty that would be worried about what they have heard or read tonight.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He has echoed what Falk has said and Fabz has echoed what they have both said.
Point is Fjørtoft doesn't have any 'insiders', all he's doing is echoing Falk and Fab. I watch this guy every week on CL and Bundesliga coverage, he's a colossal shit stirrer. Seriously lost track of the amount of times he supposedly 'leaks' stories from his 'insiders', only for a quick twitter search to reveal that those stories are already out there.

I mean just look at his tweets. "Christian confirming the player's contract done". So Christian is your source. The rest of the tweet is just you giving your opinion and reacting to a story that's already out there. Another tweet: "I've talked to my insider, he thinks Sancho joins United." Firstly, anyone with actual insiders won't be 'bragging' about having insiders. Secondly, he thinks Sancho will join United? So just a vague tweet featuring an opinion which can't be proven false later on because it only was an opinion? Complete spoofer.

He knows a lot of people within the game for sure but none of them have any relevance from a transfer perspective. All he does is react to stuff already out there and gives his opinion.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Simon Stone saying it's a long way off?

Sancho will be holding a United shirt tomorrow.

Smithy89

I thought Jose got 2nd and he gave 6 names.We bought Fred who Pep wanted, and Dalot who he said was the most coveted RB in Europe.

You might be right but i remember him being adamant about Perisic/Willian/a top winger and wanting a top CB too.

el3mel

Well he wanted Maguire and Woodward vetoed it or any other CB signing because he thought our current CBs are good enough according to BBC, by the way Maguire would have costed us about 60m or so this summer. Next one we went on and bought Maguire for 80m.

Look we can really talk crap as much as we can about Mourinho but this particular event was a clusterfeck from Woodward.

I'm actually sure he'll never make the same mistake again. He'll sign Sancho I'm sure about it. He's just using his usual tactics of "we'll walk away if the price isn't lowered". Either BVB will drop it or we'll pay the full cash. We'll never actually walk away I'm sure about it.

Still expect it to be done within the upcoming week.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Nope far from dead in the water and just rang into Talksport to reassure any of the fanbase who don't understand how this media cycle works. Made me feel good doing that because I know there will be plenty that would be worried about what they have heard or read tonight.
Who rang into talk sport?
What did that person say?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The brief is essentially a click bait. Before when the deal was still in its infancy, it was "deal close" to get clicks. Now that everyone's reporting it's all but done, the click baiters switched up "deal is falling through..." Got to keep the muppets clicking!
According to this evenings briefing, we haven’t even reached ‘preparing bid stage’!

could still be a long way to go.

sport2793

:lol: :lol: never seen this happen in a transfer saga on the Caf. Nice work

USREDEVIL

According to this evenings briefing, we haven’t even reached ‘preparing bid stage’!

could still be a long way to go.
Maybe. I don't know shit about what happens behind the scene. But in normal negotiations with contracts, first you have an oral agreement or agreement in principle for the main terms (maybe a short form agreement). Then you write up the paperwork which is more of a formality. Not that it doesn't take time, but it shouldn't take that long.

Stretender

He definitely wouldn’t. Can you imagine if BBC journalists had to reveal their sources simply because they were asked?
They would if demanded in a court of law. You don't have to reveal your source in a news story, but if a judge demanded it ,you have no choice. No one is above the law. I have worked as a journalist before. If you present a story as fact , you must have your sources readily verifiable . You don't have to reveal them in the story but if someone sues you, you have to defend yourselves. On the other hand if you are presenting your story as an opinion, then its just that. An opinion . No one would question your opinion because its just an opinion.

Last edited:

VanGaalEra

Sir, my hats off to you for trying to save some muppets :lol: :lol: :lol:

VanGaalEra

Maybe. I don't know shit about what happens behind the scene. But in normal negotiations with contracts, first you have an oral agreement or agreement in principle for the main terms (maybe a short form agreement). Then you write up the paperwork which is more of a formality. Not that it doesn't take time, but it shouldn't take that long.
It takes time, banks are involved, they need to see the contracts, they need to sign off release of funds etc it’s no formality.

Gasolin

I believe this is dead. It's too much money. Dortmund won't budge. It makes sense that the brief is genuine.
Nah I think we're just playing the game, and it will happen, BVB will have to budge. Just like Sporting, Crystal Palace, etc...

KennyBurner

i watched this game thinking what a fecking player he is. So smooth on the ball like Martial. You can just tell they will both have the best chemistry. Know way we dont have top 3 best attack in the world if we sign him.
I also really hope we can come to an agreement for him this summer. United should try their best to reduce his price tag from 108 to 90 pounds which is fair.

Feck Dortmund by the way. They should know things aren't easy after the pandemic.

SAFMUTD

Im 100% convinced Sancho will arrive here.

Sancho wont renew with Dortmund, they want to sell him and wont risk keeping him for another year when his value will drop substancially because he will only have 1 year left on his contract. We need him, Ole likes him, and no other club can afford him.

Stay calm, its just a matter of time.

SAFMUTD

i watched this game thinking what a fecking player he is. So smooth on the ball like Martial. You can just tell they will both have the best chemistry. Know way we dont have top 3 best attack in the world if we sign him.
I also really hope we can come to an agreement for him this summer. United should try their best to reduce his price tag from 108 to 90 pounds which is fair.

Feck Dortmund by the way. They should know things aren't easy after the pandemic.
:drool: :drool: :drool: he looks like what the guy who made "Daniel James is our best signing since RVP" thread thought James was.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Romano liked this tweet.

caleb2003

First video i've seen of him, shows to me just what an amazing player we have already in Greenwood in that position

Status
Not open for further replies.