Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Tbf, it’s not a fair comparison because McTominay is... McTominay, whereas Sancho is a generational talent. It’s natural that the latter’s behaviour and movements will be more closely scrutinised. Put simply, no one gives a shit about McTominay.

Chief123

During pandemic? the same club that decided to furlough it's staffs? after winning the league? no way.
It’s all hypothetical and easy to make judgement when we know we have no chance of ever having that choice to make.

I’m as passionate about Utd as I could possibly be. And I hate Liverpool as much as I love Utd.

But if I’m a professional footballer playing for a West Ham or Everton for example and Liverpool came in for me, of course I would jump at the chance. Especially if it was my first big chance at a big club.

I don’t think any die hard passionate Utd fan would turn down that opportunity if they were in the same position. Most Pro footballers are more concerned about playing and enjoying football rather than watching football like us fans. You’ll be surprised how many pros don’t actually watch that much football and hence lose their affiliation and passion for one particular club.

Anyhow, my point was in reference to Sancho. Even if he was a passionate hard core Chelsea fan, there is absolutely no way that would hold him back from joining Utd.

Reactions: Sultan

OL29

I agree. I feel the same as you.

A lot of people make inconsistent character judgements on these players though, and it makes me uncomfortable. Especially when they have little to no information about what's happening.
Yep, they do the same to Pogba.

AC1689

If players are putting themselves in unnecessary situations of risk, then that is beyond stupid and should be denounced as such.

If they caught the virus, once tested positive they’d have to isolate and be unable to play for their club until negative.

They could potentially infect other teammates and cause a number or club players to be missing games. Utterly reckless.

Not to mention potential health issues for such top athletes. NBA are undertaking cardiac screening for positive players due to myocarditis being seen quite regularly with COVID. Unlikely I’ll assume, but why take the risk?

Not sure why anybody is even taking issue with what players may have participated in at these gatherings. It’s the gathering itself that is the issue here. Amazing some people aren’t even comprehending that aspect.

Reactions: Sultan

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
If players are putting themselves in unnecessary situations of risk, then that is beyond stupid and should be denounced as such.

If they caught the virus, once tested positive they’d have to isolate and be unable to play for their club until negative.

They could potentially infect other teammates and cause a number or club players to be missing games. Utterly reckless.

Not to mention potential health issues for such top athletes. NBA are undertaking cardiac screening for positive players due to myocarditis being seen quite regularly with COVID. Unlikely I’ll assume, but why take the risk?

Not sure why anybody is even taking issue with what players may have participated in at these gatherings. It’s the gathering itself that is the issue here. Amazing some people aren’t even comprehending that aspect.
You're allowed to meet outdoors

Chairman Steve

If this supposed correspondence involving Dortmund, Sancho and Utd has been going for at least a year, then it’s going to be pretty extreme from all sides to just stop now, seemingly over payment instalments.

I’m willing to bet the overall fee is agreed, the personal terms are agreed... it’s just a case of how much money is going to be exchanged this year and the years after that. Utd want to keep it as low as possible so they can have more money to spend now on other players. Dortmund want more so they can have more money to spend now on other players.

Sancho will likely be a Utd player at the end of it all regardless and will be in the Utd 20/21 squad, but the media will milk it for all its worth.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I’m willing to bet the overall fee is agreed, the personal terms are agreed... it’s just a case of how much money is going to be exchanged this year and the years after that. Utd want to keep it as low as possible so they can have more money to spend now on other players. Dortmund want more so they can have more money to spend now on other players.
Yeah, it seems that way.

United would prefer to withhold a percentage of the fee to fund other targets this window, and Dortmund wants the fee paid entirely to fund their own, resulting in a stalemate.

We'll find common ground before the window shuts, of that I'm sure.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I’m sorry but I find it hard to beleive that we can afford £90m without major sales.

Off course I’m not an expert but I can read numbers and I understand a little bit of how to read a quarter report. (or annual report)

According to Q3 is our purchase obligations the next 12 months roughly 184m. Total if we include long term obligations it’s 205m. If we divide this in 4 then our outgoing expenses in quarter 4 is probably close to 50m. Our cash reserve was in the end of Q3 approximately 90m. Our total annual revenue 2019 was 627m. Our operating expenses was 603m. Annual match day revenues was 111m.

In Q3 (2020) we made a total loss of 23m. I think it’s fair to suggest that we will probably continue to make losses in Q4 (2020). I don’t know if we receive any money from our STH in Q4?

All in all with probably an incoming loss on annual operations, obligations of 184m the next 12 months then our cash reserves will decrease further. Even with a short term loan of 150m I can’t see us spending more then 50m net the next 12 months. (90m cash +150m loan + players sales? - 204m short term obligations - eventual losses?)

Sorry to be pessimistic.

AC1689

You're allowed to meet outdoors
Up to 6 people outdoors from different households, keeping 2m apart, yeah.

Either way, top sportsmen should be extra careful when positive tests mean missing games/health issues.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I’m sorry but I find it hard to beleive that we can afford £90m without major sales.

Off course I’m not an expert but I can read numbers and I understand a little bit of how to read a quarter report. (or annual report)

According to Q3 is our purchase obligations the next 12 months roughly 184m. Total if we include long term obligations it’s 205m. If we divide this in 4 then our outgoing expenses in quarter 4 is probably close to 50m. Our cash reserve was in the end of Q3 approximately 90m. Our total annual revenue 2019 was 627m. Our operating expenses was 603m. Annual match day revenues was 111m.

In Q3 (2020) we made a total loss of 23m. I think it’s fair to suggest that we will probably continue to make losses in Q4 (2020). I don’t know if we receive any money from our STH in Q4?

All in all with probably an incoming loss on annual operations, obligations of 184m the next 12 months then our cash reserves will decrease further. Even with a short term loan of 150m I can’t see us spending more then 50m net the next 12 months. (90m cash +150m loan + players sales? - 204m short term obligations - eventual losses?)

Sorry to be pessimistic.
Have you considered Sanchez’ departure in your post? That’s a huge financial burden off our wage bill.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW

Sorry to be pessimistic.
If we couldn’t afford it the club would have poured cold water over this months ago. Why feck with the fans if you have no intention of actually signing a player?

AneRu

Sorry to be pessimistic.
Did quarter 3 came at the height of the lockdown where we weren't playing at all and there was uncertainty as to whether the season would be completed? Also arent we due to receive more in terms of our share of broadcast income as a result of finishing third and deep Cup runs? We also won't lose all the matchday income because of advertising within the stadium, don't know the impact of this though.

OrcaFat

Sorry to be pessimistic.
On the up side, if we can’t then probably no-one can.

Nikelesh Reddy

I think that there’s an air of inevitability around this transfer now...It’s pretty clear now that Sancho will be a United player within the next 2 weeks....He”ll be an incredible addition to the team,he can definitely take us to the next level...

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I think that there’s an air of inevitability around this transfer now...It’s pretty clear now that Sancho will be a United player within the next 2 weeks....He”ll be an incredible addition to the team,he can definitely take us to the next level...
Whats the things that make it so clear to you?

Goku23

If hes in London to finalise things with United why would he fly to London instead of Manchester ?

United Pro

The below link is a link to The Times article from Castles. I'd have thought the headline would've been more Sancho centred if the player was infact close to joining United.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...th-balancing-act-in-transfer-window-26d8svjmb
Reads more like a throwaway comment to strengthen his case about spending in the market, rather than breaking news he heard. One of the problems with people simply hearing news from aggregators is that they don't think about the context of the articles/news being broken.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
@Chief123 believe it's been said a few times before that Ole was a Liverpool supporter in his youth but when United called in 1996...

That said, something like that could hold a player from joining but doubtful with all factors considered. It's a professional/career decision in the end, go where the best op/most money is.

Believe it's been said in the past that SAF tried to poach Gerrard from Liverpool academy when he was 17/18 and the player considered, think he arranged a trial or something like, but ultimately forced LFC into a contract. Something like that, perhaps more myth than truth.

laughtersassassin

I reckon he goes on Dortmund's training camp but as Harry Maguire showed that doesn't mean much just that isnt done. Could still be close

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Good post

tenpoless

It’s all hypothetical and easy to make judgement when we know we have no chance of ever having that choice to make.

I’m as passionate about Utd as I could possibly be. And I hate Liverpool as much as I love Utd.

But if I’m a professional footballer playing for a West Ham or Everton for example and Liverpool came in for me, of course I would jump at the chance. Especially if it was my first big chance at a big club.

I don’t think any die hard passionate Utd fan would turn down that opportunity if they were in the same position. Most Pro footballers are more concerned about playing and enjoying football rather than watching football like us fans. You’ll be surprised how many pros don’t actually watch that much football and hence lose their affiliation and passion for one particular club.

Anyhow, my point was in reference to Sancho. Even if he was a passionate hard core Chelsea fan, there is absolutely no way that would hold him back from joining Utd.
Yep and my point was in reference to Liverpool's financial strength during pandemic. I didn't say most footballers wouldn't join them given a lot of money but at this time it's hard to see them spending big. There's no way they will spend lots of money, not no way I wouldn't join them.

Status
Not open for further replies.