Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infestissumam

yeah, personally I think it's now or never. We have a free run this summer ... next year there'll be a lot of competition for his signature.

Verminator

So, only Messi, Ronaldo, Lewandowski, Imobile and Mbappe have better assist & goals stats than Sancho, over the past 2 seasons. All, apart from Mbappe are over 30. Mbappe who cost €180m 2 years ago.
Sancho is 20.

Why are we not just shaking hands with Dortmund, and running away, snickering?

Get it done.

Marcus

If its just structure, this is a done deal. Just meet in the middle. Dortmund want 90million Euros upfront and United want only 80million Euros upfront. Just meet in the middle at 85million Euros upfront.

Houdini

So, only Messi, Ronaldo, Lewandowski, Imobile and Mbappe have better assist & goals stats than Sancho, over the past 2 seasons. All, apart from Mbappe are over 30. Mbappe who cost €180m 2 years ago.
Sancho is 20.

Get it done.
This. I can not believe how long this takes. If you want to have the best you need to pay BIG.

Infestissumam

On the flipside Dortmund will not get the same high fee so they'll be more inclined to sell now. To us.
yup. I don't buy their "we want to keep him anyway" spin at all, they need the money for sure.

I'm confident. Doubt Dortmund will lower the price though, lowering the first instalment might be all we can hope for.

mu4c_20le

If its just structure, this is a done deal. Just meet in the middle. Dortmund want 90million Euros upfront and United want only 80million Euros upfront. Just meet in the middle at 85million Euros upfront.
I think Woody wants some installments to be bonuses and BVB is saying no way.

RkkMan

Mentally prepared to have Greenwood as our RW next season. Have a feeling we`ll hear Utd have walked from the deal this week hope I`m wrong though as I really want this signing to happen

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Mentally prepared to have Greenwood as our RW next season. Have a feeling we`ll hear Utd have walked from the deal this week hope I`m wrong though as I really want this signing to happen
That's hardly a bad thing is it?

In any case, well just set our sights on an alternative target should this deal fall through, but I don't think it will. Both clubs want it to happen, it's simply a matter of finding common ground.

led_scholes

This. I can not believe how long this takes. If you want to have the best you need to pay BIG.
I am 100% sure if there was not a pandemic we would have already given the money. But because of Covid we are maybe going to lose all the matchday revenue, which despit being around 10% of our income is equal almost with one Sancho, while nobody wants to pay for our deadwood. Meanwhile, Dortmund and Leverkusen seem to live in a covid free Planet Earth. Thus, i understand why we cant pay big now.

I reallyyyy want Sancho but on the same time perhaps us and Chelsea should avoid the German clubs that are trying to fleece us when all the countries and obviously teams are going to have reduced incomes.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
The fee will be agreed at 120M I think, its just the structure of the payments which is what Romano is saying, united do have other targets like Grealish and potentially a CB with an out or two this year.

The fee I think is 100% fine but there are other clear targets in addition, and accepting Sancho with a high upfront fee without say 40M next summer means other targets may not happen.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
What do you base this on? The silence over the last few days, or just a personal feeling you have?
The fact that no one has said we've walked away or called time on the transfer is a good thing. Talks are ongoing, a resolution will be found and we'll get our man. This isn't like football manager where transfers are done in a couple of days, they can take quite a while to work out etc. Patience is all thats needed

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I call this “making your mind up” by SucksBiz and it’s dedicated to Ed and the money men

You gotta speed it up
And then you gotta slap it down
'Cause if you believe that our team can hit the top
You gotta spend the pounds
But soon you will find that there comes a time
For making your mind up
You gotta turn it on
And then you gotta pay it out
You gotta be sure that it's something
Everybody's gonna talk about
Before you decide that the times arrived
For making your mind up

Don't let your indecision
Take you from behind
Trust your inner vision
Don't let others change your mind

And then you really gotta pay it up
And make another try tonight
Get a return for your money and take a chance
And it'll turn out right
And when you can see how it's gotta be
You're making your mind up

And try to look as if you don't care less
But if you want to see some more
Bending the rules of the game will let you find
The one you're looking for
And then you can show that you think you know
You're making your mind up

Don't let your indecision
Take you from behind
Trust your inner vision
Don't let others change your mind

And now you really gotta speed it up (speed it up)
And then you gotta slap it down (slap it down)
For making your mind up

And now you really gotta speed it up (speed it up)
And then you gotta slap it down (slap it down)
For making your mind up
For making your mind up
For making your mind up
For making your mind up

Last edited:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
That's hardly a bad thing is it?

In any case, well just set our sights on an alternative target should this deal fall through, but I don't think it will. Both clubs want it to happen, it's simply a matter of finding common ground.
Then they will need to make sure they have a good backup, because Daniel James, unfortunately is not it. So they can spend the money elsewhere.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Maybe that's what Woodward is telling Dortmund but it's falling in deaf ears?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That honestly wouldn't be the end of the world, Greenwood's been something of a revelation this year. Obviously it'd be brain dead for us to go into next season without any sort of reinforcements though.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Sancho is 20.

Get it done.
It's not exactly black and white like that. You do remember Mikhi's statistics for Dortmund when we signed him, right ? I wouldn't blame Ed on taking time for this. We are talking about 120m on one player.

Hoof the ball

Ronaldinho spings to mind.
Ronaldinho was the worst because I was still getting my transfer updates from Teletext at the time. I remember waiting for those updates. "United close to securing Ronaldinho transfer". It was as sure a deal as Sancho is right now; possibly even more so. Then I woke up, checked Teletext, horrified to see the flashing main headline, "Barcelona with 11th hour agreed deal for Ronaldinho." I could have committed Harakiri that day!

Rolaholic

It's not exactly black and white like that. You do remember Mikhi's statistics for Dortmund when we signed him, right ? I wouldn't blame Ed on taking time for this. We are talking about 120m on one player.
We also bought Mkhitaryan at his physical peak at 27 years old, a far cry from a 20 year who isn't even nearing his prime yet. Elite young talent has and will continue to be sold at a premium given the room for improvement/high ceiling that's possible compared to buying a finished product with little long term upside.

NYAS

Mkhi’s stats were really over one season, and sure enough he turned out to be a one-season wonder. Sancho’s been doing this for 2 seasons running and mostly as a teenager.

L3G4CY15

When I went to sleep the muppets were so full of confidence seeing Sancho in London, it seems like the room changed and there’s more doubt now. I enjoy a nice roller coaster, but did I miss something that made it more doom and gloom in here?

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
When I went to sleep the muppets were so full of confidence seeing Sancho in London, it seems like the room changed and there’s more doubt now. I enjoy a nice roller coaster, but did I miss something that made it more doom and gloom in here?
Just a lack of (positive) updates and very fragile muppet minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.