Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

always_hoping

Bruno transfer repeated it seems.

Sancho should be signed now but due to incompetence this transfer will stall until next January before both clubs agree on the deal. The sooner Ed Woodward is taken off the transfer and wage business the better.

strandty

This is exactly it. They’re under NO pressure to sell with 3 years on his contract. The quoted price is there. If it’s met, he will be ours. This interview literally changes nothing, other than what people outside the club know about Sancho’s contract.

AgentSquirrel

We’ve seen it in action for 7 years now. Nothing will quite beat letting a players release clause lapse and then paying more money for him though.
Thats not the point I'm making. Journo's can make up whatever they want, then when it turns out to be bull, they can blame it on Woodward whether its true or not. And Daniel Harris' tweet doesn't seem a likely scenario at all. If the deal was anywhere near as close as he's implying, Woodward (again weird as Judge does the negotiations and its been stated a few places we've been using intermediaries rather than direct contact) wouldn't have had room to blunder in and try to lower the price.

pascell

Bild announced imminent united bid expected of 70m plus 30 plus 20 AFTER that tweet. Same with Romano saying 108m bid nearing completion. They all got fed that from somewhere. An educated guess would be the intermediaries thought they had a deal and then it turned out they didn’t.

We’ll see what happens now. If Sancho does indeed hand in a transfer request we’ll know he isn’t talking bollocks won’t we?
We will indeed

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Bit early to judge isn't it? We could go out and sign a CB, a RW, a CM and still have change left over if we choose not to do this deal. When Ferran Torres moves for €23m it does make Sancho seem awfully expensive.
Jadon Sancho is a Dembele in 2017 or Mbappe level talent. Hes world class already despite being just 20, is English, and is in a position of need. Its a complete no brainer to get him. Sancho being expensive is because he is a world class attacker who scored 20 goals and 20 assists this season, despite being only 20 years old, and already having multiple top class seasons. He's a future ballon d'Or contender that is already one of the top few right wingers in the world.

Ferran Torres is a few levels below in terms of potential and is pretty much completely unproven in comparison.

Infestissumam

they surely have put in a buyout clause for next summer, otherwise why not go public with the contract extension? Would also explain why they "only" want €120m this summer, despite him being under contract for 3 more years.

AshRK

The transfer is not off. What zorc today did was a statement to Woodward, pay 108 m or feck off.

saivet

Fabrizio Romano is full of shit. Imagine my shock. hahahaha

He's in that tight with Sancho's agent he just happen to overlook the fact he's extended his deal beyond 2022. He knows absolutely feck all. He's just another Di Marzio. Gone early on it and doesn't have a clue. He might get it right but that's nothing but guess work. He either joins or doesn't.
Did he even say this though? I may be wrong but I don't recall him ever tweet or speaking about his current contract at all.

Matthew84!

Seems alot of people really believe all the itk journalists when they said it was very close and they were in contact 24hrs a day and now they're all saving face now it looks like it might not happen, expect alot of bullsht to be written in the next few days

talking robot

The transfer will happen this year if Sancho makes a fuss and shows he really wants to come. I think it’s down to him and whether he’s willing to apply pressure. If not, the move won’t happen, and in many ways I’m not too bothered if we fail to get a player who isnt willing to burn some bridges to get here.

onemanarmy

I would be annoyed about not getting Sancho, but it's not the end of the world. Plenty of other spots to improve in the team.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
This is exactly it. They’re under NO pressure to sell with 3 years on his contract. The quoted price is there. If it’s met, he will be ours. This interview literally changes nothing, other than what people outside the club know about Sancho’s contract.
Dortmund are under pressure to sell. If the virus lasts another year and they play another full season without fans and gate receipts, their finances become even more tenuous and the potential buyer pool becomes even smaller.

I wouldn't mistake a bluff for confidence.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

That's the brief. The deal is still very much on Muppets :devil:

Delano

We'll sign him this window. Dortmund do this every time a big player is looking to leave to try and maintain a position of authority. It's tedious.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Now this is tasty. I’m almost getting sucked into this transfer saga. This deal will happen, Ed will panic and pay up in the end as he can’t brief his way out of this one.

AshRK

Fabrizio Romano is full of shit. Imagine my shock. hahahaha

He's in that tight with Sancho's agent he just happen to overlook the fact he's extended his deal beyond 2022. He knows absolutely feck all. He's just another Di Marzio. Gone early on it and doesn't have a clue. He might get it right but that's nothing but guess work. He either joins or doesn't.
But he never made any guess. He just kept the same stance from day one. United have to pay what dortmund are asking and sancho is ours. How does that make him full of shit.

vodrake

Why do I get the impression he’s trying to embarrass Woodward into paying more?
Woodward gets worse shit than this from United fans on a daily basis, don't think his skin could be thin enough to fall for it :lol:

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I would be annoyed about not getting Sancho, but it's not the end of the world. Plenty of other spots to improve in the team.
Shame we've shown our hand on our budget - no chance of getting a deal like Ziyech or Werner. We're just painfully rubbish at negotiating. Need a Director of Football, because obviously it's still 2016.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Did he even say this though? I may be wrong but I don't recall him ever tweet or speaking about his current contract at all.
He's said it numerous times on interviews. Been on the United stand etc. It seems there's not a single journalist who knew of this extension so that makes me think nobody has any insider knowledge at all.

AgentSquirrel

Oddschecker shows it has gone from 1/20 to roughly evens after that announcement. As good an indicator as any. :(
It doesn't mean anything except that money hasn't been placed in large quantities on the transfer in recent days. Prices will then be adjusted based on new info (like today's press conference). Bookies don't know any more than anyone else. The odds only fluctuate massively because of large amounts being placed one way or the other.

croadyman

Now this is tasty. I’m almost getting sucked into this transfer saga. This deal will happen, Ed will panic and pay up in the end as he can’t brief his way out of this one.
Yeah just when we thought this deal wasn't going to turn into a saga

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Every journalist will blame Woodward because they jumped the gun. They know it will work

Status
Not open for further replies.