Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If push comes to shove United will pay up the fee.

The time to worry would be if United brief the likes of Ducker and Stones and say the deal is off. That hasn't happened yet and nothing has changed.

Last edited:

Stretch

It seems like that though. All the UK media (including United mouthpieces) all seems surprised by Zorc's statement about the extension till 2023.

I will be even more disappointed if the new rumblings about loans for Coman or Douglas Costa coming out now are true.

I still believe United will pay up but it seems there is much less room for maneuvering and haggling now.
There's no way United wouldn't know what his current contract entails - especially since it's said we've already agreed personal terms with him. We'd know how long his current deal is because it also dictates the price range we'd negotitate at. Just because Joe Soap and Journos didn't know about it, doesn't mean the club didn't know about it.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
I doubt it. If thats the case it would have been all over the media by now. Hes just towing the club line of hes staying because the deadline has passed
Perfect follow up question that for journalists, why don't they ask this stuff? :lol:

Stretch

If push comes to shove United will pay up the fee.

The time to worry would be if United brief the likes of Ducker and Stones and say the deal off. That hasn't happened yet and nothing has changed.
This. I'd be worried if Ducker, Stones and Romano say the deal is off. Until then, this is on and Dortmund are pressurising United to find a deal that works.

Womp

idiot
Won't be any leaks on our end because we have a game in under 2 hours. Wouldn't be surprised to see some stuff come out after the game.

I'm hurting, Ed :(

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Perfect follow up question that for journalists, why don't they ask this stuff? :lol:
If Zorc has just come out and said "i plan on having Sancho available next season, hes staying", then Hummels isn't going to go against that and say "well we will have to see what happens won't we". Its piling the pressure on United to act and whether we do or not remains to be seen.

If United do cough up and have a big accepted, Dortmund could spin it saying the player demanded the move stopping short of handing a request in. That way they can say it was the player who forced their hand. Sancho could deny it but it'd be his word against theirs

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
My problem with this negotiation (assuming it’s true) is this: if we have to decided to pay 120m and for example 70m upfront and they need 80m just pay the extra 10m and don’t negotiate. If you’re only willing to pay 40m and they ask for 80m then that’s a different story. This has happened every summer especially with Bissaka last year.

From the beginning they kept asking for 45+5 at least. We kept insisting 35+15. They said no. Then we said 40+10. They said no again. Eventually we ended up paying 45+5 anyway. It’s just wastes so much time. Difference of 10-15m we should cover it. That amount we can make up. Anything more than that can be negotiated.

prateik

I'll only be annoyed if we dont sign someone for the right wing..
Sancho.. someone else.. dont care.. a good player for that position and I'm happy.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Wh*res don't care much as long as money enters the pocket.
I read some questionable posts by people with the Newbie tag the last few days, but sheesh, you ain´t doing yourselves any favours here...

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Honestly the media has been throwing out constant stories that suggest this is off and he’s staying but I’m not concerned by a single one. All seem to be part of the long-winded sagas we create by our dithering.

Revan

Assumptionman
Transfer requests aren’t handed in these days as the player would have to give up his loyalty bonus. Can’t see it happening tbh.
Yeah, that half a million or so (considering that Sancho is in a small salary, his loyalty bonus is gonna be peanuts) is gonna be a big reason in a transfer costing more than 100m and him being in a monthly salary higher than that bonus.

Players don’t make transfer requests cause they achieve nothing and burn bridges with the fans. The only way to actually force the club to allow a player to leave is by going on strike. Asking the club officially nicely does not achieve anything more than asking it unofficially nicely.

Chairman Steve

I remember when Sir Alex said we weren’t going to sign any players in a post match interview where we lost to Burnley away. The reporter was definitely insinuating Berbatov at the time.

...And boy was he right. Never doubted his word for a second.

And I remember when Cristiano Ronaldo said he wasn’t going to leave Utd in 2009... multiple times!... on television no less!

Alemar

Missed about 10 pages of muppetry in the last hour. Is the deal off the table, or talks ongoing?

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
If Zorc has just come out and said "i plan on having Sancho available next season, hes staying", then Hummels isn't going to go against that and say "well we will have to see what happens won't we". Its piling the pressure on United to act and whether we do or not remains to be seen.

If United do cough up and have a big accepted, Dortmund could spin it saying the player demanded the move stopping short of handing a request in. That way they can say it was the player who forced their hand. Sancho could deny it but it'd be his word against theirs
I know that, my point is as a journalist, you'd be missing a trick if you didn't delve into an obvious stock answer from Hummels on an issue about Jadon Sancho's potential transfer. You get no new information from the answer he gave but even if he declines to say that he told him, that's new information to work with as a journalist, however Hummels or Dortmund try to spin it.

Acquire Me

This will be done in the end. Players/talents should take notice though. It’s hard as feck to leave that joke of a club. Avoid.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Honestly the media has been throwing out constant stories that suggest this is off and he’s staying but I’m not concerned by a single one. All seem to be part of the long-winded sagas we create by our dithering.
Have they?

From what I've seen a lot of them, especially here, seem to see this for what it is, a show of strength from Dortmund. Reports are still being made of us remaining in negotiations and working on a deal.

This was always going to happen, they'd made a big deal over this 10th August deadline and it wasn't going to pass without them saying he's staying

Status
Not open for further replies.