Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Womp

idiot
Watch that first half and tell me the additional creativity Sancho will bring into the side isn't worth it.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I've been saying this since the start of the season and I'll say it again. We won't get Harry Kane, we won't get Sancho, we won't get Ronaldo and we won't get Bale. What we will get is a couple of squad players and a youth player or two. I was right on three of the first four and it's looking like I'll get the full house when the pursuit of Sancho eventually goes tits up. I'll wait to see about the squad players but I think it's fair to say I was right on the youth players. So stop wanking about world class players joining the squad... it won't happen.
The 3 you were "right" on we weren't even pursuing so I don't even know why you are giving yourself a pat on the back for that.

Womp

idiot
I've been saying this since the start of the season and I'll say it again. We won't get Harry Kane, we won't get Sancho, we won't get Ronaldo and we won't get Bale. What we will get is a couple of squad players and a youth player or two. I was right on three of the first four and it's looking like I'll get the full house when the pursuit of Sancho eventually goes tits up. I'll wait to see about the squad players but I think it's fair to say I was right on the youth players. So stop wanking about world class players joining the squad... it won't happen.
Bale hasn't been World class for about 2-3 years now pal. Ain't nobody wanting to sign an overpaid, past it crock. Would rather we signed no-one than Bale.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I have my own reasons to believe we may not get top 4 next year without a major signing in attack - thats a whole different topic though.

Its too risky to leave this signing for next year. Just pay it off.
I agree with needing reinforcements but it’s a bit far fetched to think we can’t make top 4 without them.
The main problem seems to be the upfront fee that Dortmund are demanding. Getting rid of Sanchez saves us c. £20m a year from the wage bill, but if Dortmund wants £80m+ up front, then we need to find that cash from somewhere. We already owe £185m in outstanding fees, all due in the next 12 months...
Are you referring to just transfer fees when you say £185m? Would you know the breakdown?
Or does this include wages also?
We have a match going on you wankers.
:lol: :lol:

That’s coming from you?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Wow. Just wow. This planned out exactly how I called it with you earlier this morning, that must sting I know.

Your commitment runs deep with this fella. This must be hard for you.

If he didn’t know about Jadons contract situation it’s a blow to his credibility in this transfer, he clearly didnt, other posters have pointed this out as well. If he did know he would have certainly wanted to be the first journo to break that, seemingly unknown, information.

He’s towed the same line with his other clueless peers that we are simply nothing more than ‘in negotiations’, as vague as it gets, confirmed by nothing more than the clubs involved to any fool on the outside looking in.

It’s hard I know, if it helps I believed in him once
So you have the tweet to his contact or no?

You can't talk about credibility - you pretty much said you'd wait for the press conference to know one way another. A press conference by a chronic liar :lol:

Dortmund said there was no negotiations and today said they won't comment on negotiations that took place. So does that mean it's a blow to their credibility too? You need to give your head a wobble :lol:

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I agree with needing reinforcements but it’s a bit far fetched to think we can’t make top 4 without them.

Are you referring to just transfer fees when you say £185m? Would you know the breakdown?
Or does this include wages also?

:lol: :lol:

That’s coming from you?
You are allowed with that one it's half time :)

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Also why wasn't United informed of the contract till 2023 by the player's (Sancho's agent)?
Do you really think they did not know this?:lol:

Our biggest transfer ever - of course it’s going to be a saga. A boring one, but a saga.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
What's your rationale?

fergies coat

And the post of the year award goes to........

Houdini

If it's tru that his agent is greedy as hell than we should look elsewhere. There is no point to be milked by a greedy agent. 40mil+ for doing nothing just paperwork. It brings ony toxicity. Never again.

RUCK4444

So you have the tweet to his contact or no?

You can't talk about credibility - you pretty much said you'd wait for the press conference to know one way another. A press conference by a chronic liar :lol:

Dortmund said there was no negotiations and today said they won't comment on negotiations that took place. So does that mean it's a blow to their credibility too? You need to give your head a wobble :lol:
its ok just let it slide. I know deep down you don’t trust him as much as you did. ;)

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I wrote it before. If Sancho really wants to come here then he can make transfer request and make things easier. If he wants to stay another year and see options next summer then he will sign new better contract.

vanderpants

I've just heard that Sancho has made a phone call to the Dortmund chairman thanking him for making him stay after watching the utd game tonight

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Erm. I dont think anyone has ever said we were after any of those, or if anyone even wanted them. :confused: :confused:

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
In all honesty Dortmund needs to feck off with their impractical demands during this current pandemic. It’ll eventually come to bite them in the ass and I’d rather wait until we’re in a stronger position to negotiate.
We should take our time to drive the price down or get better terms.

Greenwood has been a revelation and it’s obviously clear he’s not ready for the ST role as yet so we should just sign squad players for now and let him be the starter for RW next season. He’s the reason we’re even able to be this comfortable taking our time with negotiations. 4 months back it was obvious this position severely lacked but not anymore.

If we really have to wait another year then so be it. We’ll still be able to compete with all the big guns and certainly better equipped to do so with another years worth of revenues in our coffin next year. I also expect football to go on essentially behind closed doors. Sure, they might start allowing a fraction of fans back in but it’s nowhere near earning full stadium revenues week in week out and that will surely hurt Dortmund. They won’t be sounding so smug next summer as they have been this summer.

There seems to be quite a substantial difference in what we’re offering them and what they want which only indicates to me that we won’t have any funds left to buy other players if we go for Sancho and I’m not sure that’s a good idea.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Mods:

Can we lock this thread for a day or two??

It's getting rather toxic in here, lots of whining, crying and a full on meltdown.

People bashing Woodward and saying how cr*p we are, how we're not signing anyone etc etc

It's embarrassing.

Need time to just chill out and let the dust settle.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Mods:

It's getting rather toxic in here, lots of whining, crying and a full on meltdown.

People bashing Woodward and saying how cr*p we are, how we're not signing anyone etc etc

It's embarrassing.

Not a chance. This is the moment where impatient fans come to terms with reality and that’s good for the long term on this forum.

Completely against locking this thread.

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Mods:

It's embarrassing.

Go wash your legs

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Wow!

Lee565

In past year or two Dortmund have become one of my most despised clubs, hope Bayern as many players from them for free.

cyberman

Greenwood is a monster. Im more than happy seeing him start on the right all season for us

Barry Red

And the post of the year award goes to........
Surprised so many of you took the bait... This was a somewhat tongue in cheek post/comment upon the pre-season wank-fest of the British media who had us in for Kane, Sancho, Ronaldo, Bale and just about every attacking player in Europe who is even moderately good, and a lot of decent defenders too. By mid-season the press seemed to have forgotten Kane and Bale but a couple of weeks ago Ronaldo was brought up from the back boiler when the talks of a move to PSG came about and just this week Bale's problems at Madrid had him "eyeing a move to Manchester". Now you know, I know and just about every one else knows that Kane, Ronaldo and Bale were never serious targets due to cost and age. I'm sure that Sancho won't be here either, based on past experience. Someone called me lad, earlier, and yes I was but a young lad when I first started supporting United, which was May 25th 1963 (ask your fathers. kiddies) so I've seen many a transfer speculation feast and it's true would love to have seen some of these great players at OT. But it was not to be...

By the way we won't get Mbappe either....

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
N

Not a chance. This is the moment where impatient fans come to terms with reality and that’s good for the long term on this forum.

Completely against locking this thread.

One bit of seemingly "bad news" and all hell breaks loose.

It's embarrassing and some fans need to get out of the FM/Fifa world that they live in and realise that transfers are hard work and especially this one where there is millions upon millions of pounds at stake.

It's not as simple as they think

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I love that you have 808 posts in 16 years and have used one of them on this gem. Thank you Barry Red - I'm guessing you'll be telling us the Messi deal will not go through at post 909 some time in 2023. I await with baited breath.

edit: I guess you got me... if you were indeed doing a send up. :wenger:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
One bit of seemingly "bad news" and all hell breaks loose.

It's embarrassing and some fans need to get out of the FM/Fifa world that they live in and realise that transfers are hard work and especially this one where there is millions upon millions of pounds at stake.

It's not as simple as they think
Embarrassing for whom? Why are you embarrassed? Wanna talk about it?

RepardReece

Mods:

It's embarrassing.

Simple solution: Don't read it.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
This will be done in the end. Players/talents should take notice though. It’s hard as feck to leave that joke of a club. Avoid.
So just sell Pogba for €40m.

Corona times and it seems or seemed that he wanted to leave quite a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.