Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUCK4444

Woodward knew this was coming.

theyve been playing games and using their poker face all this time, we just sat there and smiled.

a 50m loss with even more to come. They might need to sell sancho just to break even!
It does seem that all the negative bluster from Dortmund was in advance of announcing these losses to try and avoid us playing hard ball in the hope we would panic buy.

Still hard for them to eat humble pie and drop the price now but with those losses you would expect there to be an appetite for both sides to agree on a middle ground.

I think the overall price of 120 mill is fair so long as we can structure the payments, that’s where Dortmund need to relent somewhat imo.

Chief123

Crazy to see all those experts for a foreign club, this "selling club", which now simply doesn't want to sell, what to make out of this? Madness.
And of course its only posturing and lying in an official financial annual report just for the sake of cheating United :lol: The comedy never stops in here.
The comedy will be when we suddenly see all the Dortmund fans disappear when Sancho gets sold.

red thru&thru

But Watzke says they have plenty of liquidity to with stand this and can keep going for a long time.

Financial experts, what does he mean? The cash in the bank? The 60m credit facility?

Skåre Willoch

Crazy to see all those experts for a foreign club, this "selling club", which now simply doesn't want to sell, what to make out of this? Madness.
And of course its only posturing and lying in an official financial annual report just for the sake of cheating United :lol: The comedy never stops in here.
Ah, bore off buddy. Take a break. Go WUM somewhere else.

Dortmund turned a profit to a deficit of 50 million euros in a half season. It's obvious that's not sustainable for 12 more months. That's not about being a foreign club or a selling club. That's just about being a football club.

RUCK4444

I’m struggling to read this post sorry, can you please explain?

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Why are you getting so hot under the collar? The green smiley face is fooling no one.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
But Watzke says they have plenty of liquidity to with stand this and can keep going for a long time.

Financial experts, what does he mean? The cash in the bank? The 60m credit facility?
Liquidity is players surely? Money generated from player sales? How many players have they sold over the years that they haven't received full money for yet?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I fear for you that my club doesn't need the money, we need a Sancho, and we ve got one. You club needs a DoF, thats for sure.
What exactly do you need a Sancho for? Losing to Bayern again? Your entire model is based on buying low and selling high rather than actually seeing these talents at their peak and beating Bayern. Yeah, we’ve been exceptionally poorly run over the last few years but at least we actually want to win things. A club with actual ambition would be doing everything they can to keep Sancho rather not selling him simply because you may get a better price next year. And if you do sell him what will you do? There’s a top German talent at Leverkusen who is for sale, why not go out and get him? But you won’t do that. Firstly he wouldn’t join you because he actually wants to win things and secondly you wouldn’t spend the money anyway because that would require some ambition. I’m sick and tired of being lectured by Dortmund fans on the ills of our club as if they’re some sort of bastion of what we should be striving for.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yeah, I know, options mate.
Yes but one is a good attacking midfielder /left midfielder and the other is an elite RW (position we have been terrible in over the years) talent. Sancho is really a must buy but if we cant get him we need someone else who is really top drawer

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
No one can. And this pandemic isn't going away for a while it seems.

Are you sure? I think we'll be slightly better off as less of our revenue rely on match day. Now we have CL football giving us more money than 19/20 as well.
We will be making losses withhout match day income. A higher % of our income comes from match day than Dortmund.
The main difference is that they already rely on transfer income to turn a profit.
Our profit before tax was £27.5m in 18/19, a season where we had CL income. Take off even half the match day income and it becomes a heavy loss. There's more to it than that obviously but most top clubs will be losing money.
Dortmund for comparison:

El-Manos

Watzke can blabber all he want. If a marketing giant such as United are feeling the financial ramifications of Covid, then it’s safe to say Dortmund do too. Dortmund fans can talk shite all they want but you don’t need to be a financial expert to figure that one out.

Jmck

Liquidity is basically cash or assets that can be easily converted to cash. So yes, cash in the bank and maybe pre approved loan agreements or something of the like.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We will be making losses withhout match day income. A higher % of our income comes from match day than Dortmund.
The main difference is that they already rely on transfer income to turn a profit.
I don’t see how that’s possible. Dortmund have an 80,000 stadium, earn less money through tv and sponsors.

that money for them is vital, for us while it’s also a lot of money we have better sources elsewhere. The longer no fans in stadiums last the worse it’ll be for them.

amolbhatia50k

I fear for you that my club doesn't need the money, we need a Sancho, and we ve got one. You club needs a DoF, thats for sure.
You need a new Sancho fairly soon then given this one's not staying at Dortmund for long.

Skåre Willoch

Yeah, for sure, I have no doubts we are bleeding as well. But as you say, we don't rely on player sales, I guess we have planned for some pretty big spending (£100m+), even.

Will we be posting a deficit, or will we simply make less money? Does anybody know?
Can we sustain keeping on with business as usual (with less money available for signings, obviously), or will we also need to take drastic measures in the near future?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I don’t see how that’s possible. Dortmund have an 80,000 stadium, earn less money through tv and sponsors.

that money for them is vital, for us while it’s also a lot of money we have better sources elsewhere. The longer no fans in stadiums last the worse it’ll be for them.
Aren't tickets really cheap in Germany? The figures in the tweets I posted would suggest so.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
What exactly do you need a Sancho for? Losing to Bayern again? Your entire model is based on buying low and selling high rather than actually seeing these talents at their peak and beating Bayern. Yeah, we’ve been exceptionally poorly run over the last few years but at least we actually want to win things. A club with actual ambition would be doing everything they can to keep Sancho rather not selling him simply because you may get a better price next year. And if you do sell him what will you do? There’s a top German talent at Leverkusen who is for sale, why not go out and get him? But you won’t do that. Firstly he wouldn’t join you because he actually wants to win things and secondly you wouldn’t spend the money anyway because that would require some ambition. I’m sick and tired of being lectured by Dortmund fans on the ills of our club as if they’re some sort of bastion of what we should be striving for.
You mean by secretly making a new extended contract for players like Sancho and watching desperate clubs like United senselessly wanting him? And if you didn't recognize your own club since a decade, its ambition is to fill the pockets of the Woodward and the Glazers, not to develop itself and present the world great football or win anything. If this would be the case, they would have given you a modern structure to compete.
And i can imagine what we do if at some point we decide to sell Sancho: Got the next Sancho already in place, playing great football, and waiting for a still desperate being EL United to come in and beg for him. Cause you know:
... all the officials are doing right now is sit in a darkened room, stroke cats in their arms and bounce off ideas off each other how to really stick it to United to provoke them.

Giggsy13

Yes let’s submit an offer two days before the deadline to really show Dortmund while compromising and delaying Sancho’s integration into the squad. That’s a really shit way to run a football club. OR we can formally submit an offer now to get things moving and hope Sancho and his reps push for a move. That’s what intelligently run football clubs do, Ed should try it.

cyberman

You mean by secretly making a new extended contract for players like Sancho and watching desperate clubs like United senselessly wanting him? And if you didn't recognize your own club since a decade, its ambition is to fill the pockets of the Woodward and the Glazers, not to develop itself and present the world great football or win anything. If this would be the case, they would have given you a modern structure to compete.
And i can imagine what we do if at some point we decide to sell Sancho: Got the next Sancho already in place, playing great football, and waiting for a still desperate being EL United to come in and beg for him. Cause you know:
You do know that ranting on here wont make it more likely that Sancho stays right?
50m loss based off of 2 months of Corona.. Gotta sting. No cure and magically no recession by Chrismas doubles that length of time..

desirere

This is the first summer in a long time where I don't feel like we "absolutely" have to get player "A" to help get us "ANYWHERE". The evolution of this squad is quite visible and although a Sancho ("A") would make us more formidable, I'm not quite sure if that effect would be greater for the squad then a combination of a new CB/LB and a DM would.

The benefit of not landing Sancho is the space we can afford to Greenwood to accelerate his development, in addition a loan signing could be made to strengthen squad depth on the RW position and help out Mason. This would put us in a much better position next summer, not only with us needing less positions filled and potentially Mason cementing the RW position, but also other clubs will, unfortunately for them, be in a worse financial situation by this time (transfer season) next year. PLUS (hidden benefit) the media pressure on the squad and OGS to perform (win) without Sancho being bought for 120m would be 10 times less, giving Ole more chance to use the academy and find more options from within.

Would I be delighted to land Sancho this summer and see my favorite shirt number being filled (finally), YES. Would it bug me if it didn't pan out but we strengthened other areas that are problematic, NOT ONE BIT, we have a very very good, bordering world class, front three, I would even be a bit scared to change anything, just add more quality support behind them.

amolbhatia50k

Got the next Sancho already in place :lol:

Like you had the next Klopp in place when he was leaving I presume. How many trophies have Dortmund won since Klopp left?

Lyng

Yeah its not like BVB almost went bankrupt before and Bayern had to save them...oh wait

Summit

He's lost the plot and is now rambling in various languages
It's cute watching him back his team all the way, but deep down he knows his club is a feeder club for the bigger clubs.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Whilst I agree we need more depth - Sancho does add depth still. He benches one of our current first 11. So Greenwood for example is suddenly on the bench = much better depth.
Of course he adds depth. It's not enough though. And there is an argument to be made for whether or not some of our starting 11 are actually good enough.

We have full backs that can’t hit crosses consistently
We have a CB who can jump like an elephant
We have another who is horror show waiting to happen

You’re right. We lack depth
Yeah. Even our first eleven seems not be good enough. We're not going to get where Ole says we need to get if we don't improve.

Summit

Yes, indeed
You have to laugh when we take players off them that would prefer to play for us in the EL, than stay with them in the CL. Well we are in the CL next season, so was a poor wum :lol:

Chief123

But lets be honest to ourselves. You and Dortmund know full well you will probably win nothing this season. Same as usual. Therefore, Dortmunds aims are all around making profit, thats it. In terms of silverware, there is nothing to aim for. Everything is out of reach while Bayern clean up the trophies every season.

fck

Supports
Bayern
There is only one way this is still happening for you guys and that would be for Sancho to become unprofessional and force his way out.
A lot of overconfidence/arrogance still on display here and I fear you guys are going to be very disappointed in the end.
Next year though you will have a good chance.

bondsname

Lost interest in this transfer saga pretty quickly. If he signs he signs, if he doesn't good luck to him.

Hope the board spends some time looking at other targets because we need to improve in a lot of positions.

SATA

You are quite an embarassment to all Dortmund fans. Taking pot shots at United on its own message board while singing high and mighty praises of your club. You are lucky this place isn't like rawk and has a high tolerance for opposition fans like you, otherwise you'll be ban sooner than later. Seriously get off your high horse and post sensibly

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
You do know that ranting on here wont make it more likely that Sancho stays right?
50m loss based off of 2 months of Corona.. Gotta sting. No cure and magically no recession by Chrismas doubles that length of time..
Do you honestly think United's numbers will be any better? For 2019 matchday revenue even made up a slightly higher percentage of United's annual revenue (17% vs 16%) and almost exactly double in total numbers. Everyone is fecked, everonye will make losses, everyone will take on new debt.

Status
Not open for further replies.