Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam_S

This thread has what, a dozen pages now analysing a tweet from his cousin? Never change, transfer muppets, never change.

Chief123

This! What's the point in coming in here to just shoot it down.

If your so certain it isn't happening then sod off to another thread. Half the reason why the thread gains so many pages is that half of each page is filled with these negative nothing posts.

The thread should continue until the club brief that we've pulled out of negotiations. Until then there are muppets enjoying the thread and the hope it may still happen.
What's ironic is the ones who don't believe say us muppets are stupid for listening to press reports. But as soon as the press reports say its over, they believe them then!

No one has any inside information. We believe what we want to believe!

Chief123

If the transfer does end up getting pushed back till next summer, we're definitely hitting 10,000 pages! :lol:

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Eh? Our entire hopes doesn't rest on that post, and there's pictures of them together so I'd imagine they do speak.
I was only being semi-serious. I was just saying that The Mirror article made me 'mildly' hopeful much in the same way as the Instagram posts did for others.

Zoo

Smokey has tagged Manchester and Dortmund. Smokey is trolling.

RUCK4444

What's ironic is the ones who don't believe say us muppets are stupid for listening to press reports. But as soon as the press reports say its over, they believe them then!

No one has any inside information. We believe what we want to believe!
Exactly. I've been pretty hard on journo's throughout the thread, what I'm using is the fact that Sancho hasn't shut it down yet and as far as we are concerned we've not had a press briefing to shut it down from United's perspective.

Other than the 'fake deadline' and a lot of posturing from Dortmund nothing really has changed. Therefore, especially for somebody like myself who doesn't really believe even the most reliable of Journo's, those two points keep this alive for me.

Only when one of those two points changes will the Journo's change their tune to jump on that, so why shouldn't we continue to follow it closely in the meantime.

I assume it helps people cope to call it over?

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Is it typical for a player to travel back to his home country as often as Sancho does?
No and it's one thing that Dortmund aren't happy about, they also know Sancho is homesick which is why him leaving is a certainty (perhaps next summer latest) but they know he won't stay longer than his contract.

Sb_16

So a haircut for the signing presentation. If you don't believe this then tell me why does he need another haircut so soon.

RUCK4444

Dortmund very insistent on its valuation and terms from the very beginning. Sancho has clearly been trained to release statements in a double-speak mode so he either gets a better deal from Dortmund or a transfer. The press reports being leaked regarding the costs of agent fees and the overall figure of the deal points to PR exercise from the United end to save face.

I've not seen much of him as I don't follow the German League. However, I will take Redcafe's scouts words as Gospel and accept he's great and would love him to grace his presence at Old Trafford. However, with a heavy heart, I personally think the deal is very off.
Whatever you do, don't watch this video... You will fall harder than you fell for your wife :(

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
You are feeding to the Glazer narrative, largest club in the world doesn’t have money, BVB is unreasonable, Sancho wants high wages. Watzke and Zorc understood that Ed was full of it when he made the 60 mil offer. reminds me when we offered 27 mil for fellaini and baines combined. we are a club run by monkeys, stop making excuses for Glazers mate. We can’t afford Sancho because Glazers’ other businesses are failing because of the pandemic and they need money from our club to bail them out, again.
today most newspapers are writing that we have given up on Sancho, this was the last nail in the coffin, our officials admitting that deal is over. now 27 mil for Costa , what is worse deal than 108 mil for Sancho. we will just help out barca and juve with their deadwood problem
Our financial stability is purely based on our revenue. If the revenue goes down our ability to spend also goes down - as simple as that.

Moreover you are literally taking what newspapers are saying. Don't think we will sign Costa for 28m. Also, window is open for another 50 days..juat stay calm and judge the window in October.

RUCK4444

Someone needs to send this to Ed Woodward.
Let's hound Ole to fire up an old projector and just press play on this video for the United board. Then when it finishes he just looks at them and screams 'GET IT FECKIN DONE!!' Then mic drop the projector controls and walk out.

That's how I'd handle it if I were Ole, just before receiving my P45.

Brophs

The One and Only
Regardless of whether we get him or not, I hope one day that someone can explain to me the club's confidence about completing transfers like this. We continually brief that we're confident of getting deals done and I can't for the life of me imagine what we hope to gain by that, other than social media guff. It just heaps more pressure on ourselves and makes us look like an easy mark.

TheLord

Whatever you do, don't watch this video... You will fall harder than you fell for your wife :(
There are more 'wow moments' in that 14-min video compiled over 2 years than in the entire careers of many Premier League wingers.

RUCK4444

There are more 'wow moments' in that 14-min video compiled over 2 years than in the entire careers of many Premier League wingers.
Yup. I am certain that this kid has at least 1 Ballon D'or in him, for the first time that potential add-on for the selling club is a legitimate possibility imo. :lol:

Joking aside though, his ceiling is being the best player in the Premier league, without a doubt in my mind. He scores and assists with an equally incredible ability, everything you could want for. I don't care if it cripples us for two transfer windows, it must happen in my eyes.

Utdstar01

Hah yeah, let's send a link of that video to a thousand variations of Ed's possible e-mail address.

Some real ITK out there will know it, through advertisement etc. Imagine we got our hands on it :lol:
You laugh but i used to work for a huge global company and the CEO's email was pretty much that. Not Ed Woodward but the CEO's first initial and last name.

TheLord

Regardless of whether we get him or not, I hope one day that someone can explain to me the club's confidence about completing transfers like this. We continually brief that we're confident of getting deals done and I can't for the life of me imagine what we hope to gain by that, other than social media guff. It just heaps more pressure on ourselves and makes us look like an easy mark.
It keeps United on the front pages of newspapers and internet platforms without being a front-page club based on actual football performances for several years now. It keeps the millions of fans interested, journalists interested, bloggers interested, and confuses the entire world that United are on the lookout for the biggest and most expensive superstars all the time. It (probably) helps bring in more sponsors. It is a tactic of trying to convince the world that United are an actual financial superpower - possibly the biggest out there - among the Madrids, Barcas, Citys, and Bayerns.

Where is the solace otherwise?

When was the last time United bought an established superstar outbidding the other big clubs?

If United cannot get Jadon Sancho this transfer-window when there's literally zero competition, I am afraid we never will.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Why do you think offers are going to be lower next summer? Clubs will already have a pretty good idea how much they are going to suffer from Covid per season, their outlook on next season is already affecting their current spending. The losses to come are already weighing on their mind when they decide how much to spend this summer. If you know that you're going to lose your job tomorrow you start to curb your spending today. Right now the uncertainty about the duration of this pandemic is at it's high point, clubs have no idea when they will return to full capacity, when they will be at a point where they can sustain their business without going into debt, so naturally they are hesitant about non-essential spending. Next summer that situation will hopefully be different, not necessarily in the sense that all effects of the virus will be gone, but in the sense that a timeline for a return to normal becomes visible and at that point they can actually safely decide to balance out their spending over the next transfer periods via loans.
I don't think a credit of €60m will get you very far during this crisis. When Watzke talked about how their liquidity could last a long time he also said something like recently obtained, I think that's a nod to outside capital. He also said that they will only revert to their old business model and get out of the red when stadiums are full again. When he briefly talked about how they they can't just scale back costs so easily he also said that they have to be careful not to lose any competitiveness doing so.
I do understand your perspective and I don’t necessarily disagree with everything but in your first post you debated that next summers transfer fees will probably not be affected then in your second post you use Watzke‘s comments and with that reflect about the consequences and then you draw the conclusion that a credit of €60 wouldn’t be enough (to cover all losses) if the Pandemic continues. Is that correct?

If that’s the case then I agree with you regarding future losses. The uncertainty is why we’re debating as far as I can see it.

When judging Watzke comments I think it’s fair to say that he has to communicate against two different perspectives. Shareholders and supporters.

One part of the message is to keep the BD supporters satisfied and who want’s the club to stay competitive. (and who don’t like that English clubs buying their best players, unless they overpay) On the other side he has to inform the shareholders of different scenarios and they also wants the club to stay competitive but at the same time they look at it from a personal financial perspective.

Maybe it’s better for BD to keep their most valuable assets until the market goes back to normal but if their is just a tiny suspicions that the transfer market will long term shrink then your shareholders probably think that’s better to sell.

I think in the end that Sancho will stay another season but right now the uncertainty makes us all guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.