Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I don't mind him. He does seem a bit of an arse at times but also pretty well informed on the German side.
It's all good until you see the text.

RE: Sancho

then you can be sure he's up to no good. Not to United, at least.

Dorris

Telling that the briefed journalists are saying it’s an issue over agents fees that’s been the sticking point. Sounds like us saving face as we’re about to pay Dortmund’s asking price from the start of summer. I’d wager Romano is correct, but we’re trying to spin it as a win vs the agent. This is imminent.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
As a few have mentioned logistically it didn’t make any sense getting him in before now. We’re only going back to training this week and he hasn’t played since June unlike our lads. This way he’s had his pre-season and now he’ll get a week with the squad.

December_16

As a few have mentioned logistically it didn’t make any sense getting him in before now. We’re only going back to training this week and he hasn’t played since June unlike our lads. This way he’s had his pre-season and now he’ll get a week with the squad.
And also Ed doesn’t have to pay Him a couple of months worth of salary ;)

Leonzo1

Could we start a poll, on what page will the deal be announced by the club? Everyone puts a quid and whoever gets it/comes the closest wins?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The reason I've come to that assertion is due to Dortmund being a selling club. They don't possess the knowhow or environment to create a world superstar, if they did they wouldn't be selling these players to *bigger teams when the opportunity arose. They haven't made a global superstar ever.
A club doesn't make a superstar so much as an exceptional set of performances on a grand stage do. See Rooney or Bale or Neymar as prime examples of that, but there are many, many others. It's literally par for the course for those who don't come through at so-called giant clubs.
Sancho will plateau at Dortmund this coming season. Fans are already saying he was amazing in his first year and he's been less and less impressive over the last two, still very high standards of course but he's not exactly kicking on is he?
What kind of conjecture is this? Supposing it goes the opposite direction as the assumed trajectory of superstar players does?

If he does stay there, it will certainly be interesting to see what he looks like without Hakimi, though.
He also won't have a barnstorming Euro's with England, because well, no one ever does, England will always be England.
You cannot know this, either. It's a gamble that doesn't harm Dortmund, but could reap tremendous dividends if the player has a stellar major. It's certainly not a risk for a buying club to take, unless they're Real Madrid, who actually covet players at the peak of a grandstanding run of games.
So next summer they'll be sitting on a player they wanted to sell this summer for €120m, they'll be wanting the same amount again next year no doubt but who's going to pay it? The German's have decided that fans will no be allowed in the stadiums for the whole of next season also, that's going to hurt them. They've spent money this window already, Bellingham wasn't cheap.
A year on, the giant clubs will all have their own hand to play. Just not a gamble for a buying club to take unless the player and his agent have eyes only for them, which is an entirely different ball game and when antics of running contracts down etc come to the fore.

It's within their best interests to sell now. It gives them breathing room next season and they can go into the next summer transfer window with a huge advantage over other teams in the Bundesliga.

I also don't buy this "competition" thing people are worried about. We've already done the hard work, he wants to join us, his head is already at United. He's thought about wearing the number 7 shirt and playing alongside his mates, it's done. Other clubs can bid all they want but they aren't going to chase a player that's already decided to go elsewhere. We could also do with the competition to be honest, just let another club do all the negotiating and come in with a slightly better offer, that way we avoid the United tax teams like to add when they see us coming.
I expect this reply to be drowned out in the furore, so won't prolong. Suffice it to say, I just think the notion of Sancho, assuming he is this potential decade-long-superstar already topping out in terms of what he can deliver whilst at Dortmund is pretty incredulous. Injury and attitude permitting, we shouldn't be near the end of his improvement arc for a good while yet.

Dahmmy

tbh im bored with this saga.. if Dortmund arent playing ball, i would go for Bale (if reports are right that RM would let him go for 20-30m)for next season or two and then get sancho then, hes still young, plenty of time left..

RepardReece

Said it all along this was never off, just a matter of when. Can't wait to see 'Here we go'.

Mihai

Tbf he clearly has inside info with some stuff (Serie A) but it doesn't tend to be these deals in particular is all i'm saying. I think he's used several situations to boost his followers and mentions for sure. And to be fair to the guy it's worked.

Don't believe he has any info on this one though which is why he's remained very cautious and on the fence. And his reaction to the extension clause being activated on the day made it seem he didn't know about it either like nobody else did.

People used to act the act same way with Di Marzio and then it all fell apart with him too. They clearly know more than the typical man in the street but nowhere near as much as they claim. It's educated guess work and smoke n mirrors mostly.
:lol: Funny seeing this hours before English journos basically confirmed what he was saying for about 2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.