Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

NecssryEvil

Behind a pay wall, haven’t read the article but his tweet pretty much the same as the others.
Saw a tip in the transfers thread to hit escape as soon as the page starts loading. If you hit it right you will get the info before the paywall portion is restricted. Hasn't worked 100% of the time for me but has worked more than enough to share.

VanGaalEra

Saw a tip in the transfers thread to hit escape as soon as the page starts loading. If you hit it right you will get the info before the paywall portion is restricted. Hasn't worked 100% of the time for me but has worked more than enough to share.
Interesting! Let’s give it a go!

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
I want him to come, but honestly he's NOT worth 108m pounds. That is insane money for someone who hasn't had 5 or more seasons of consistency at the highest level.

NecssryEvil

@NecssryEvil it worked! It took about 5 tries but it worked.

Although, somehow in the article, Sanchez wages have now gone up to £560K PW ffs!
Yeah, the timing is a little tricky, the page has to start but can't have been going for too long... it gets easier. Saves me a NYT sub and so much more!

Although, now that we are beyond thee paywall and see £560K PW, it just goes to show you that paying for info doesn't make it more true. NFW that is true, nfw.

caleb2003

All I know is since he was 16 he was considered one of England's greatest talents and well he took to men's football fantastically well. Comparable to Rooney and Owen in terms of being so good so young.

Probably not as good but close. The numbers he puts up are insane.

Nowhere near the impact Owen and Rooney had at comparable ages, those two were young phenomenons

WPMUFC

So was Duncan Castles onto something the that loyalty/bonuses claim? It seems like such a huge coincidence that we get that report and all of a sudden we are briefing positive news to the press?

That Sky Sports video is essentially saying we needed to have the agent/player fees sorted and we'd make our bid "official". Kind of like how Romano is now making the distinction that our offers have been "unofficial".

Did we really hold off progressing this deal because of the bonuses?

sosolid4u09

I want him to come, but honestly he's NOT worth 108m pounds. That is insane money for someone who hasn't had 5 or more seasons of consistency at the highest level.
Theres absolutely no way hes not worth that fee.
Even if you think hes actually only worth 80m. 20m extra is 25% more. You dont think its worth "overpaying" 25% for one of the best young players in the world? Given where we are as a club and how desperately we want to get to the top, overpaying for top players is sometimes a necessity. We're not negotiating from a position of strength. Dortmund dont have to sell this year!

Its a pain overpaying for average players but in this case its definitely worth it

Chief123

So was Duncan Castles onto something the that loyalty/bonuses claim? It seems like such a huge coincidence that we get that report and all of a sudden we are briefing positive news to the press?

That Sky Sports video is essentially saying we needed to have the agent/player fees sorted and we'd make our bid "official". Kind of like how Romano is now making the distinction that our offers have been "unofficial".

Did we really hold off progressing this deal because of the bonuses?
My personal opinion is the wages and fees were already agreed. The loyalty bonus hold up has some credibility and was too coincidental that as soon as the bonus criteria was hit, Utd suddenly agreed personal terms.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Just got a reply - had phone on loud it's half one in the morning here.

'This latest news is straight from United. They have briefed that an agent impasse that complicated the move has now been fixed. A deal will be completed and announced within the next week'

More

'Given what happened last time, it is thought that the leeway will have to do with Dortmund sorting/announcing their own signing - replacement. At least that is of the opinion of contacts in Germany (AD - Not of my pal, of the folk that he knows). Validity of that is unsure.'

More

'There was no mention of Dortmund not agreeing on payment plan with United. By all accounts one had been agreed previously before the deal was pulled'

Make of those what you will. Seems like the Dortmund replacement breaking the deal previously has either been sorted or it was an agent issue all along. Tend to think giving Romano's comments that it was Dortmund getting a replacement. Although haven't seen that been said by anyone else so no idea.

Have to think the deal will be done any day now.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I'll keep my phone on loud in case he gets back with anything more. Have work in morning but WFH so muppetry not gonna be impacted by that.

WPMUFC

My personal opinion is the wages and fees were already agreed. The loyalty bonus hold up has some credibility and was too coincidental that as soon as the bonus criteria was hit, Utd suddenly agreed personal terms.
SanchOn!!!! :devil:

Also, could Sancho waiting to get this bonus payment mean he might actually agitate for the move now? Possibly hand in the request?

I'm getting too hyped!!!

Chief123

SanchOn!!!! :devil:

Also, could Sancho waiting to get this bonus payment mean he might actually agitate for the move now? Possibly hand in the request?

I'm getting too hyped!!!
Well the reports tonight suggest that Dortmund would even refuse a 120m bid and that it would require Sancho to hand in a transfer request for the transfer to go through. Whether that happens or not who knows. But I can’t imagine Dortmund turning down the full asking price.

WPMUFC

Well the reports tonight suggest that Dortmund would even refuse a 120m bid and that it would require Sancho to hand in a transfer request for the transfer to go through. Whether that happens or not who knows. But I can’t imagine Dortmund turning down the full asking price.
Getting Sancho to hand in a request also lets BVB save face from those stupid press conference comments :drool:

It's all coming together!!! :drool::drool:

sosolid4u09

This might be Football Manager talking but dont we need to have some sort of deal in place with the club before we're allowed to discuss terms with the player? Surely if dortmund have allowed us to get this far, they're more than willing to sell. Otherwise why not do us for tampering?

WPMUFC

This might be Football Manager talking but dont we need to have some sort of deal in place with the club before we're allowed to discuss terms with the player? Surely if dortmund have allowed us to get this far, they're more than willing to sell. Otherwise why not do us for tampering?
because every single club does it and no one makes a big deal about it till they decide to make a big deal about it.

Dobbing in a club for "tampering" is the last resort move, because when you do it, then other clubs will take issue with you when you try to do it.

WPMUFC

Amerifan

He’s worth it as much as any big signing is worth the fee. These record signings have such a high bar to clear that they rarely meet and virtually never exceed expectations. The best they can hope for is not to be reminded after every performance how much they cost.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Theres absolutely no way hes not worth that fee.
Even if you think hes actually only worth 80m. 20m extra is 25% more. You dont think its worth "overpaying" 25% for one of the best young players in the world? Given where we are as a club and how desperately we want to get to the top, overpaying for top players is sometimes a necessity. We're not negotiating from a position of strength. Dortmund dont have to sell this year!

Its a pain overpaying for average players but in this case its definitely worth it
You could literally say the same thing about Dembele who went to Barcelona.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
His true value in this market is probably 70-80m pounds...at a stretch 85m pounds. Overpaying by 20m pounds is a lot in this climate.
I completely agree with you. Sancho's price tag is something I attribute towards a guaranteed success at a young level or atleast within a consistent level of continuity of a recently entered prime.

The price is nuts. What is going to happen if Sancho has his quiet games like he does for England for us? Do the supporters instantly turn on the manager for not getting the best out a growing player who came for 105 million? Does that make sense? Do they turn on Sancho? Will they just shut up and support both? God knows.

I'd have been okay with 90 at max considering 10 mil for british tax.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
A team doesn't necessarily need to come to an agreement with a selling club before discussing terms with the player. As long as the selling club are open to negotiations with the buying club, the buying club are free to discuss terms with the player.

In Rainbows

Bundesliga is strong but we as a club haven't had the best of time signing players from there recently. Mkhi, Kagawa and Bastian all had eye
What were Mkhi’s stats the season before he joined? Something like 20 goals and 30 assists?

I was already bookmarking in 30 goal involvements in the league, little did I know that was going to be over his United and Arsenal career ffs!
catching stats before coming here. Bastian was pretty much finished but still, he flopped pretty badly.
You should look at Mkhi's stats prior to that season. He was a 1 season wonder in his mid 20s.

Icemav

I completely agree with you. Sancho's price tag is something I attribute towards a guaranteed success at a young level or atleast within a consistent level of continuity of a recently entered prime.

The price is nuts. What is going to happen if Sancho has his quiet games like he does for England for us? Do the supporters instantly turn on the manager for not getting the best out a growing player who came for 105 million? Does that make sense? Do they turn on Sancho? Will they just shut up and support both? God knows.

Don't think Ole will get hammered for not getting the best from him if he is subpar. So far Ole has done very well with young playrs and the risk is mostly to do with stylistically fitting. Ultimately these big signings are a risk especially when so young. Too many flops to list but it happens often. Personally I think the jury is still very mich out on Sancho and whether he is just a very good young player or a future worldie. We are rolling the dice for a problem position. The last few big signings in Europe like Griezman, Dembele, Felix, Coutinho, De Light, De Jong have fizzled. It is not a surefire strategy for success. But quite frankly if we sign Sancho this year, an atracking fullback and try to snag Camavinga we have laid some nice foundations down at the club. Ole and United also want a certain style of football/player and if Sancho fits then so be it. And if he doesnt that is their error. Whether he immediately meets the fans expectations is neither here nor there. The club needs to be successful and if our big money signings dont help us objectively achieve that and for instance Chelseas do then our management has failed.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite

Too much sense in this post. The Sancho freaks see no sense.

DancingPanda

Hypothetically, would you guys be happy with Van De Beek and Sancho for this window?

Personally I don't see the center back position as such an urgent issue right now, and rather get an offensive full back as an option instead. But i'd be very happy with only getting De Beek and Sancho due to the current situation. That's an amazing window all things considered

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Sancho is as close to a guaranteed success as a young level as you can have. 2nd to only Mbappe in young players around the world. He's a player that you just sign if you have the capability of doing it, as he is already at a world class level despite being 20 years old, not to mention being a perfect fit for us.

drmuji

Well, if the club has briefed the press which will mean two things from club's perspective
  1. We cannot blame the player or greedy middle man anymore for the deal not going through
  2. We believe that we can pressurize Dortmund into selling. Because now if we come up with a bid of 120 and they reject, then everyone would know that they are keeping an unhappy player for no good reason
  3. We are confident of the deal happening
  4. We know that it would be a PR disaster if after all this hype we still don't get Sancho.
I have been supporting united for a very long time. And I have never seen media being briefed so much and in so much detail about a single player. Either its the fact that we live in this world of, we can't hide anything so embrace it, or we believe that this is the way forward for tackling a stubborn club

alexthelion

Seriously, the entitlement is insane. As if some people believe that Dortmund are our feeder club who owe us this somehow.
We should change our name to Bayern Manchester, surely that would make things easier now and in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.