Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
What happens to this thread after Oct 5th? Can we keep it for January?

mav_9me

Thats a very short sighted view since part of the clubs remit this summer is to get rid of deadwood and players on big wages who offer nothing like:

Mata (only just recently given a new deal), Lingard, Jones Pereira (only just recently given a new deal)
We have basically paid Sanchez to leave on that part and thats it.

Again a reflection of how your business is run isn't just about who you end up with at the end of one window. Also this is a problem we have seen over multiple transfer windows
The sooner we bring in people better at handling this, the easier it will be for us to evolve the squad in the future and bring in players like Sancho
Fair enough. Agree with you. In my initial post I thought you were talking about Sancho only.

Joseunited

Has the Dortmund squad for tonight been announced?Livescore has starting eleven with Sancho in but it also has Bellingham. It might just be the midweek cup line up??

tjb

It may happen, it may not happen. What is clear is that our transfer activity has been heavily reliant on this move. I honestly feel media and fans seem to hold us to a higher standard when it comes to transfers. I've seen City with Sanchez, Real with Pogba De Gea and Hazard, Barcelona with Verrati and more teams struggle to push big transfers over the line. We seem to be the only ones targeted for our rivals signing players. It's pretty obvious that spending 100m+ on a player means transfer activity will be limited in regards to other players; and since we haven't given up on Sancho and Dortmund want a lot of money up front, we cannot afford to sign any other player outside of Van De Beek. Yet the media sees us planning for alternatives and pushes it as us actively failing to sign players and our fans ever so willing to bash the club lap it up. The question here is, do you guys want Sancho or not? If you do, then we have to be patient and understand that chelsea signing 40 players means nothing to us.

RUCK4444

It may happen, it may not happen. What is clear is that our transfer activity has been heavily reliant on this move. I honestly feel media and fans seem to hold us to a higher standard when it comes to transfers. I've seen City with Sanchez, Real with Pogba De Gea and Hazard, Barcelona with Verrati and more teams struggle to push big transfers over the line. We seem to be the only ones targeted for our rivals signing players. It's pretty obvious that spending 100m+ on a player means transfer activity will be limited in regards to other players; and since we haven't given up on Sancho and Dortmund want a lot of money up front, we cannot afford to sign any other player outside of Van De Beek. Yet the media sees us planning for alternatives and pushes it as us actively failing to sign players and our fans ever so willing to bash the club lap it up. The question here is, do you guys want Sancho or not? If you do, then we have to be patient and understand that chelsea signing 40 players means nothing to us.
Absolutely spot on mate. Pretty much sums up my exact feelings on it.

United are the only club hammered for other clubs signing players, let’s see how the window finishes for us before we jump on the bandwagon with the filthy articles hammering the club.

Ole knows what he wants, if the board choose not to back him then that’s the time to be up in arms.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
If the transfer still happens, he could not win the title in two leagues this season.

ElMatador

Supports
Zagreb
BvB starts with 4 players that will be sold in the next couple of years for at least 300M, dear God..

Rolaholic

Evra joining the chorus of ex players not impressed by how we've approached the summer, reading this thread yesterday he's just spoiled and must not know what he's talking about surely

mav_9me

Coming off 2nd place, Mourinho was slammed by the fanbase for doing the same, but seems it’s more acceptable when OGS does it.
If you don't see the difference between Mourinho then and ole now, I don't think I can explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.