Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
If we do get him. Watch him get scapegoated just like Pogba is "he's worth X money, he should be winning the game for us by himself"

Standard rhetoric by some on here
Pogba has never been scapegoated. He has just been consistently underwhelming

Paranoid Android

I don't see how him being on the pitch today would make us any better, unfortunately, and that is a real, real problem.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I'll never cease to be amazed by this kind of reasoning. "They said they will not sell, they must be so desperate". Maybe you are right but still, seems an odd interpretation to me.
It's fascinating, really. I wonder if that's how conspiracy theories emerge.

I mean, I also see a small remainder of a possibility that Dortmund might sell simply because nobody in here really knows what happened behind closed curtains, which is why I never rule anything out in transfer sagas, and the cash scarcity is also a very good point. But some in here are incredible at bending arguments. At this stage, I wouldn't be surprised if some people just pretend he moved to United if the transfer won't have happened in the end.

Thanks for correcting and specifying my post, I hadn't actually read Freddie's article. It really is astonishing how he summarized the situation we are seing today but he did so on August 6th. In the article Watzke is actually cited directly putting a price tag on Jadon, the €120m however are added by Röckenhaus and are not part of the quote.

Aside from that we share the same interpretation of the situation and the reasoning for Dortmund leaving the door open for a transfer in August. And if there was a chance for them to sell Sancho this late in the window United would have to pay significantly more than the suggested €120m. The only other reason would be that Dortmund are utter morons and just now found out that their financial situation is significantly worse than they anticipated and right now I refuse to believe that.
I'd be very surprised if you guys would be in so urgent need of a cash injection, especially because of the Bellingham transfer. Can't imagine Watzke and Zorc would sign him for so much money so early in the window when the club relies on a Sancho sale in order to finance it's ongoing operations. Especially not with Dortmund's history and the almost bankruptcy in mind.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't see how him being on the pitch today would make us any better, unfortunately, and that is a real, real problem.
Better players do make you better. Plus once we sign a quality manager he'd have an elite talent on his hands so this signing isn't just about the here and now.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
A signing like Sancho lifts the spirits for everyone at the club and shows we are being ambitious and have acted on that ambition. These same players were fine a few months ago. They performed brilliantly, got into the CL and have seen the club do feck all since in strengthening the team. So now everyone is deflated, demotivated, as they see that the clubs ambition doesn't match what they were sold on earlier. Its why Pogba hasn't signed a new contract yet, and why would he?

Its not about the player we are lacking or who we sign. Its about sending a message that we want to be competitive again, and the club isn't sending that message to our players. Signings are important every single summer. You can't just ignore them, especially not when you have a squad half way through a rebuild. Thats how you throw it all down the drain.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I hope he's not watching our games at least until he's signed. :lol:
Watching us struggle in these games may motivate him all the more, to be fair. As in him joining will elevate the team to another level.

The great players live for a challenge.

wolvored

I bet Sancho is having second thoughts if he has watched that shitshow today. He wouldnt make one hell of a difference as he wouldnt see the ball playing like that. We need new coaches and a manager more.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I bet Sancho is having second thoughts if he has watched that shitshow today. He wouldnt make one hell of a difference as he wouldnt see the ball playing like that. We need new coaches and a manager more.
Bruno came into a shitshow and improved it massively. Can be the same with Sancho too, especially as we have not had a proper threat down the right for years.

Hoof the ball

Controversial (not really) opinion.

Sancho joining us will not mitigate our larger issues. We'll have more individual quality to rely on to win points in games where we play poorly, but it won't make us play better as a team if our coaching staff don't get their shit sorted.

Woziak

Every United Fan would welcome Jadon with open arms, what’s does the amount money paid for a young generational English talent mater especially on a 6 or 7 year contract to the fans, not much however pragmatism must show some responsibility, we are in a global pandemic, there will be no fans in at least 20 home games at old Trafford this season, very few in Dortmund, both clubs will post considerable deficits in their annual turnovers next year and 6 months from now, more and more genuine working class fans around the world will be unemployed and unable to feed their family or pay their mortgage!
Football, whilst giving us some genuine uplifting moments during such a period of depression must also be aware that if the tv deals are reduced and they will be, so much the transfer fees and wages, it looks likely to me that this has already started in Spain and Italy where no £60m plus fees are being paid, So Woodward let’s see how good you are at negotiating, it’s easy to say €120m euros or no transfer , then the Chancellor of Germany says the economy is about to shrink by 15% and the Bundersliga Installs new rules to stop a second wave, that no more fans are allowed in stadiums!

At some point common sense must set in and as likely the scenario that more clubs will come into the market place next year for Jadon for €140-150m, it’s equally likely that no elite club will pay more than €75m for elite young footballer because the finances are simply not there !!!

Cloud7

Now that the football is done, time to focus on more important issues, like getting Sancho in :devil:

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
With the way we are playing he wont make much of a difference. Hopefully we get him and improve our performances as well.

Tarrou

Controversial (not really) opinion.

Sancho joining us will not mitigate our larger issues. We'll have more individual quality to rely on to win points in games where we play poorly, but it won't make us play better as a team if our coaching staff don't get their shit sorted.
thats not controversial at all to be fair

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
130m on Maguire and AWB and we're still a shambles at the back.

When was the last time we actually signed a top defender? Evra n Vidic?

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
130m on Maguire and AWB and we're still a shambles at the back.

When was the last time we actually signed a top defender? Evra n Vidic?
Evra and Vidic weren't top defenders when they came, they had potential but they had a lot of work to do before reaching the top.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Evra and Vidic weren't top defenders when they came, they had potential but they had a lot of work to do before reaching the top.
You know what I meant. They didn't take long to become top players for us. About 6 to 12 months.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Dortmund are dishing out a shit-show of their own today, and Sancho is bang average, almost as poor as he was vs Iceland and Denmark. Sancho definitely won't solve United's biggest problem, its leaky defence, which should be a top priority before they meet the big hitters.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Dortmund are dishing out a shit-show of their own today, and Sancho is bang average, almost as poor as he was vs Iceland and Denmark. Sancho definitely won't solve United's biggest problem, its leaky defence, which should be a top priority before they meet the big hitters.
I don't think so. Good defenders are more likely available as compared to a top English RW talent. A bit like Livepool first became a quality attacking team then resorted their rubbish defence you can do it in either order.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It sounds like he's not making much difference to Dortmund either they've just lost 2-0 to Augsberg. Still we should just pay Dortmund whatever they want for him according to experts on here.

K_Ash

the loss at FC Augsburg should decrease the transfer fee (cough)

Zoo

Dortmund won’t get more money from another club next summer.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Jadon, Ed will tell you that losing against Palace generates lot lot more activity on your social media accounts than losing to fecking Augsburg which hardly anyone cares about. Listen to him.

Idxomer

If I were Dortmund, I would sell him as he won't make much difference at the end of how they'll perform in either the league or the CL.

For United, he'll help in getting top 4 and not much more which seems the target nowadays, but it's probably not worth the price quoted.

AsonUnique

Dortmund won’t get more money from another club next summer.
I agree. They may kick themselves for not taking this and with uncertainty over finances I have no clue how they say no if we go anywhere near 100 mil and at the same time I don't know how we go anywhere near 100 mil, which is probably why it hasn't happened. There have been plenty of F off fees quoted the past few years and now many of the teams regret not selling.

Regardless of Sancho we have a lot of games this season and need some sort of RWer not named Lingard, Pereira or Mata.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
I don't think so. Good defenders are more likely available as compared to a top English RW talent. A bit like Livepool first became a quality attacking team then resorted their rubbish defence you can do it in either order.
The kind of money to buy a grossly overpriced Sancho and fix the defence just isn't there for United. They are just as badly affected as most other clubs.

bsCallout

I agree with many other than getting Sancho still leaves our first 11 with the same issues.

Our back 4 and midfield 2 aren't good enough. Getting Sancho doesn't help that.

Status
Not open for further replies.