Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending

This has been the least muppettastic window in years. I will be beyond stunned if they step up in the last few days. These latest briefings stink of an attempt to be able to say 'we tried, blame the mean Germans!'
United have really done a good job of quashing bollocks rumours this summer. Not quite the same is it?

starman

Not really though. Benfica are buying Otamendi for 15m, let’s be real, he’s worth nowhere near that amount. So City pay an inflated fee for Dias and receive an inflated fee for Otamendi for accounting purposes, which puts Dias’ actual fee at around the 50m mark.

Paying 80m for Maguire is probably what’s going to feck us over in the market for a while.
Nah, I will say its more to do with Pogba

laughtersassassin

What I don't get about this deal is we will look so stupid if we don't get this done now.

Surely we would have pulled out ages ago to save face?

Especially since we also didn't get Ole a CB which was his other target apparently.

It just doesn't add up.

spiriticon

At this stage even if he does sign I don't think I'll have the juice in me to actually be excited about it.

Just get it over and done with.

Hoof the ball

What are the odds that a Manchester United player, or even Sancho himself, has been on Redcafe at various points? Even more so, what are the odds that Sancho has been in this thread? I reckon he could be any one of us.........:nervous:

manutddjw

This just seems like we’re going to make a public spectacle of this to go say to Ole, the players and “customers” that they tried and Dortmund were being unreasonable.

Dortmunds stance has been clear. Them getting us to pay their price is like winning the league to them. 90 million plus add ons is more than fair but big talking Zorc has talked so much that even that figure is a loss.

Chairman Steve

My current hunch is we’ve caved into their asking price a la Maguire, and now it’s a rush to generate player sales to make up for the deficit we were hoping to avoid.

After all, United is business first and Ed has his KPIs... and may factor into that delayed financial results shubang.

croadyman

My current hunch is we’ve caved into their asking price a la Maguire, and now it’s a rush to generate player sales to make up for the deficit we were hoping to avoid.
Yeah that could well be the case but see it in 2/3 instalments rather than all up front

roseguy64

I'm hoping if we can shift a few bodies in the next week it will free up funds for Sancho and Telles. Optimistic perhaps but then that's all I have....
Thinking we'll just have to do the deals and then try to shift for whatever we can get.

diarm

After all, United is business first and Ed has his KPIs... and may factor into that delayed financial results shubang.
Didn't we end up saving more than £10m on the initial price Leicester were demanding last summer?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Another offer? When was the first offer made?
Another offer? Did we even make one in the first place?
Apparently, we submitted an unofficial offer to Dortmund's reps a while back where we had a relatively lower overall fee with ~30% of it in bonuses. That was the moment when the transfer ultimately hit an impasse.

Jezpeza

What I don't get about this deal is we will look so stupid if we don't get this done now.

Surely we would have pulled out ages ago to save face?

Especially since we also didn't get Ole a CB which was his other target apparently.

It just doesn't add up.
Something I posted elsewhere is IMO they were never going to pay it at this juncture and I’m not sure they will spend any more. However they have left the media story to run to create a load of smoke. I would accept more if they said ‘we cant spend £108m on one player at the moment, and will now pursue other targets’.

After all, we need a LB, a CB, a DM, 2RW players and a Striker in the long term. Its a buyers market, Best chance to get value in years so why inactive? I’ll be very surprised if we sign any more players. Letting the story run about ‘Sancho deal in progress’ and no1 target etc etc just appeases fans so they dont mob woodies house again.

croadyman

Something I posted elsewhere is IMO they were never going to pay it at this juncture and I’m not sure they will spend any more. However they have left the media story to run to create a load of smoke. I would accept more if they said ‘we cant spend £108m on one player at the moment, and will now pursue other targets’.

After all, we need a LB, a CB, a DM, 2RW players and a Striker in the long term. Its a buyers market, Best chance to get value in years so why inactive? I’ll be very surprised if we sign any more players. Letting the story run about ‘Sancho deal in progress’ and no1 target etc etc just appeases fans so they dont mob woodies house again.
I am confident we will still get a LB & RW this week but it may not be Telles & Sancho necessarily

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Something I posted elsewhere is IMO they were never going to pay it at this juncture and I’m not sure they will spend any more. However they have left the media story to run to create a load of smoke. I would accept more if they said ‘we cant spend £108m on one player at the moment, and will now pursue other targets’. After all, we need a LB, a CB, a DM, 2RW players and a Striker . Its a buyers market, Best chance to get value in years so why inactive? I’ll be very surprised if we sign any more players.
Letting the story run about ‘Sancho deal in progress’ and no1 target etc etc just appeases fans so they dont mob woodies house again.
So you think fans fanatical enough to want to mob woody's house will just say 'Thanks for the lolz Woody' after being strung along all summer?

Jezpeza

I am confident we will still get a LB & RW this week but it may not be Telles & Sancho necessarily
I hope we do. I just dont want us to buy crap, we have loads as it is. Also they would need to be players that contend for the first team otherwise its just bodies in the door and I’d rather we push on with what we have

Reiver

I'm no fan of Woody but we've really hit rock bottom as a club if he has to facilitate fake transfer news just so that his house (or one of them) doesn't get attacked.

Jezpeza

I'm no fan of Woody but we've really hit rock bottom as a club if he has to facilitate fake transfer news just so that his house (or one of them) doesn't get attacked.
Glazers still took their semi annual dividend according to the quarterly report. Bit reckless if they did. Not just me being sour about transfers but if theres no fans in for a while and that costs us £5m a home game they should be leaving the cash in the business

There was loads of fake transfer news last summer and in the Fred Grant Dalot summer i remember

RC89

We definitely think we're still in with a chance. If we had given up, we'd have spun it. The brief would have been something like 'Man Utd have decided not to pursue Sancho after Ole backs Greenwood to make the RW his own'

WPMUFC

watching the brighton game, it's obvious we need a RW and a defensive shake up, but i'd rather not turn our potentially best striker (greenwood) into a full time winger. Get Sancho, if it is still possible, give martial actual competition for the sole striker role, and also have Greenwood as a back up for the RW role.

I can live with the defence, and hopefully we can sort that out in Jan, but sacrificing greenwood to a permanent wing role would be criminal.

croadyman

watching the brighton game, it's obvious we need a RW and a defensive shake up, but i'd rather not turn our potentially best striker (greenwood) into a full time winger. Get Sancho, if it is still possible, give martial actual competition for the sole striker role, and also have Greenwood as a back up for the RW role.

I can live with the defence, and hopefully we can sort that out in Jan, but sacrificing greenwood to a permanent wing role would be criminal.
Someone like Milik could be competition for Tony,Cavani is still on the market but would need to drop those demands a bit

arthurka

If you think that BVB hasn't got a replacement lined up? What do you think they have been doing all this time since we prepared our first bid?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
At this stage, would you rather buy Sancho for 120m, or buy a DC, LB, backup DM and backup RWF for the same? (Let's say 30m on each, which would be cost of a decent player in this market)

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
At this stage, would you rather buy Sancho for 120m, or buy a DC, LB, backup DM and backup RWF for the same? (Let's say 30m on each, which would be cost of a decent player in this market)
Either way works for me. We need to improve! Whether we improve our attack with Sancho or improve our defense with the options you mentioned it wont matter to me. But I don’t see us bringing in 3-4 players so Sancho is the more realistic option.

Quinzaine

Sancho. We've seen it time and time again when clubs get an influx of cash from losing their best player and decide to spend it across the team and it almost never works out. Especially for big clubs - quality>quantity. We don't have enough star power to take us to the next level and spreading 100m over 4 players (20m each) won't change that. Yes we'll have the necessary cover which likely guarantees us top 4 but it's almost certain we won't go further than that. On top of that, I don't trust our scouting department to get it right on even 2 of these hypothetical 4 players that we could get whereas Sancho is a clear world class player in the making in a position we desperately need filling.

WPMUFC

in what universe could MUFC complete 4x signings in a week when we've spent countless months on Sancho, close to two months on Telles, and seemingly could only get VDB done quickly because a former player runs that club.

At this stage, Sancho all the way because we have no idea how to negotiate.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
'Chunkz' fixes Manchester United:
His brief was he had 'unlimited budget': actually makes sensible recommendations

Last edited:

Chief123

Sancho now, all other positions next window or summer. We aren't winning the league title this season regardless of who we sign.

We can get Sancho now and address the other positions next window(s). We can't do it the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.