Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Womp

idiot
United thinks they can do it, Dortmund adamant they can't. Has that not been the situation for about 3 months now, what has actually changed?

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I heard that both Sancho and Ed Woodward woke up today, which means that there are still chances of a deal happening

Dr. Mowinckel

Those "Sancho gonna be BvB player next season" comments

Do you guys think that if they sell him they can somehow defend themself because he has already played 3 or 4 matches and in my book that is being part of BvB next (that) season or am I being naive ?
BVB has no actual obligation to stay true to their words and the only incentive they have to do so is to appease the fans. Put yourself in the shoes of a Dortmund fan - Would you really care, whether your club "technically" didn't lie? I'd wager most fans wouldn't - if anything I'd imagine a lot of fans would probably be further angered if BVB actually made a "technically we were right" sort of statement. It would just feel like deception.

stevoc

It was on August the 8th, you are right probably after our first game of the season, but way before the last week of the transfer window.
Yeah fair enough but leaving it late in the window to make a big signing is a United tradition. It was also the same with Maguire, Berbatov, Yorke the list goes on.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Can we merge this with the 500k thread so that we at least achieve one objective in this transfer window?

Infra-red

Everyone seems very excited about the final big push for Sancho and the usual pets in the press all seem to have been briefed.

Can't wait for us to test Dortmund's resolve with a £60m "take it or leave it" bid.

treble_winner

Everyone seems very excited about the final big push for Sancho and the usual pets in the press all seem to have been briefed.

Can't wait for us to test Dortmund's resolve with a £60m "take it or leave it" bid.
Imagine the scene if Dortmund somehow accepted it? :drool:

Suv666

This is not fecking happening. Who will play as the RW at BVB? They dont have the time to sign a replacement.

Womp

idiot
This is not fecking happening. Who will play as the RW at BVB? They dont have the time to sign a replacement.
Not to add, Hazard is out for a good amount of time too. United are confident, Dortmund aren't. Has been the same stalemate for like 3 months.

Womp

idiot
Despite all the negativity, if this talk about a bid is true, I think we can get him. It would need to go in early and it would need to be a better offer than the offer rising to 90m that is being touted imo though. It would need to be closer to what they want and it would need to be early enough for them to get in one of their replacement targets/for Sancho to agitate for the move

Dempsey19

Do people genuinely think Dortmund are going to do a U turn and go oh ya 90 million thanks lads you can have him?

It was 120 million all the time, nothing has changed. If we dont offer that we dont get him. It's that simple.

This has been dead a long time, just the same BS being regurgitated again and again to keep people interested.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Do people genuinely think Dortmund are going to do a U turn and go oh ya 90 million thanks lads you can have him?

It was 120 million all the time, nothing has changed. If we dont offer that we dont get him. It's that simple.

This has been dead a long time, just the same BS being regurgitated again and again to keep people interested.
I'm not sure they can turn down £90m in this climate..

When they've been saying its 120m or nothing (which is £108m, so not miles away from £90m) there has never been an offer there for them to think about. We'll have to see how it plays out, but i'm confident for 2 reasons:

1) If we're prepared to offer £90m, then I doubt we'd be willing to miss out on him for £18m.
2) I don't think Dortmund can turn down that kind of money

Eli Zee

was this piss poor wum attempt worth the ban?

No
I didn't know it was an offense worth a ban... well, lesson learned. If I'm not allowed here anymore, that's unfortunate but life will go on.

I made a post that had a spoiler related to the discussion - that sancho isn't coming.

RkkMan

Memphis, Boga, Ikone, Zaha, Hudson Odoi(some of the names BVB have been linked with) are all for sale and still on the market. This lot sold Auba 2 days before deadline day and Dembele a week before deadline day replacing him won`t be a problem they`re swift with such stuff

Eli Zee

If you overprice your house, it sits on the market and doesn't sell. You may have a few interested buyers because the house looks beautiful, but no offers because it's clearly overpriced. You may get one or two offers, at a lower price then you listed for, but nothing more.
It is then your decision to either lower the price to market value, hope someone will overpay, or just keep it.

I think Dortmund are trying to sell us an overpriced house and we could have found a number of alternatives by now if the scouting team was good.

kirk buttercup

maybe we make a big offer
Dortmund Rejects
Sancho hands in a transfer Request
Dortmund except because they are the good guys and their hands were tied in relation to their fans not being happy about it ,Sancho is Vilified. And everyone is happy

who knows.

oh and Reyna once again is Sanchos Replacement

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
I didn't know it was an offense worth a ban... well, lesson learned. If I'm not allowed here anymore, that's unfortunate but life will go on.

I made a post that had a spoiler related to the discussion - that sancho isn't coming.
You got a warning. Never troll like this in threads of this nature, it's stupid and childish.

Kostov

Rooney, was done on the very last day of the window as I remember.
Yes that's fine, but it was a 25-30m transfer, I meant more like mega deals in the character of Pogba, even Maguire, Neymar and Hazard, in the last few years. All were more or less 100m transfers which imo are more difficult to conclude.

Posh Red

Yes that's fine, but it was a 25-30m transfer, I meant more like mega deals in the character of Pogba, even Maguire, Neymar and Hazard, in the last few years. All were more or less 100m transfers which imo are more difficult to conclude.
Didn’t that make Rooney the most expensive teenager of all time? It was a mega deal at the time for me.

Roboc7

It’s not going to happen, we’ll bring in someone but it’s not going to be Sancho. We should have moved on to someone else a long time ago.

All summer until 10th of August. There was a clear message that he was off the table after that date.
Everyone (well almost everyone clearly) knows that was just at attempt to get us to bid big and early. An attempt to create pressure. It failed. He’s still up for sale.

The midfield general

Hopefully there will be a few Players going through the door this week,should generate a bit of cash and reduce the wage bill.The I think we will see some movement.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Mbappe - Aug 31
Dembele - Aug 25
Bale - Sept 1
Harry Maguire - Aug 5
Lukaku - Aug 8 (League deadline)
Kepa - Aug 8 (deadline day)

Status
Not open for further replies.