Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoo

What's made you change your mind?
Just saw Stone's tweet playing down the Dembele option as just possibly a loan, this is a player who supposedly doesn't want to leave Barca and so I can't see Ole being happy to accept. Plus knowing that a bid has gone in for Sancho who is now mysteriously unwell. I'd given up but now think that it has to happen really otherwise the club will look really bad.

crossy1686

career ending
Yeah regardless of how inept people claim Ed and the board to be, there must be a clear reason to take it to this stage of the transfer window before bidding.

It's a bit naive to think Ed's been sitting on his hands rocking back and forth like some ape and has only now thought to pickup the phone and put a bid in. I know people like to pretend that's the reality but no matter how unlikable the guy is, he's an established high level banker who is clearly well versed in money. If he's left it late it's because there was a reason.
You don't get to be in charge of one of the biggest sporting institutions in the world and be so inept you couldn't run a local chippy. There are things going on behind the scene's we know absolutely nothing about.

Ed may be trusting the wrong people, and Evra may have a valid point but at the end of the day, Evra should stick to putting the ball in the back of the net and drop kicking racists.

We'll see if there was a plan or not this week. There's no reason to start getting mental about us now making a bid.

RkkMan

Are there any credible journos who actually believe this is happening? The British journos claim we had a bid rejected and are unsure if we will go back in, the German journos like Funkemonkeysport claim that they won't even sell for 150m this summer due to the deadline.

We are also running out of time for the whole 'Sancho is forcing us to sell him' rubbish to play out too, which is realistically the only way Dortmund save any kind of face from this saga.

I think we will get Dembele over the line or Sarr. I'd be very excited by the former, think he could really turn his career around. As much as I want it to be Sancho, it just doesn't seem like we want to pay what they want. It's been well documented all summer that they wanted 120m, we come in with an offer we know they will reject with like 4 days of the transfer window left. It seems like a 'we tried' kind of offer to me, makes no sense.
The fact that you believe the tabloid who`s first part of its name(Funke) sounds like that of a Nigerian woman is telling first and foremost. Well if we didn`t want to go back in with a bid we`d have briefed as much by now so likely we will clearly its not a "we tried" moment remember a Sky report saying Sancho will push for a move if we offer close to BVB`s price and all of a sudden he`s missing from the team when they have a game vs BAYERN the day a big bid gets rejected?
As for time BVB sold Dembele a week before deadline day and Auba 2 days before deadline day regardless of when we pay up if we pay up it will happen it won`t the first time they`ve sold late in the window(nor will it be the last). And Dembele isn`t leaving only way Barca sell is permanently and we only want a loan if Sancho doesn`t happen maybe Sarr but some reports are saying Villa are favorites to sign him these are the same names like Aarons/Koulibaly who were linked as "alternatives" to AWB and Maguire

Abdullah7

Just saw Stone's tweet playing down the Dembele option as just possibly a loan, this is a player who supposedly doesn't want to leave Barca and so I can't see Ole being happy to accept. Plus knowing that a bid has gone in for Sancho who is now mysteriously unwell. I'd given up but now think that it has to happen really otherwise the club will look really bad.
fill in the blanks :

'' Harry Maguire NOT included in Leicester squad for friendly after Red Devils bid''

''Jadon Sancho | Left out of BVB squad to face Bayern due to illness allegedly.''

Kinda similar. ;)

Apokalips

You don't get to be in charge of one of the biggest sporting institutions in the world and be so inept you couldn't run a local chippy. There are things going on behind the scene's we know absolutely nothing about.

Ed may be trusting the wrong people, and Evra may have a valid point but at the end of the day, Evra should stick to putting the ball in the back of the net and drop kicking racists.

We'll see if there was a plan or not this week. There's no reason to start getting mental about us now making a bid.
Precisely, I have no idea what or why the plan is like this, but it is clear we have been in discussions with his people and remained publicly confident despite all of BVB's bluster. The fact that we bid and he immediately falls down with a "mystery" illness is surely not coincidence...whether the plan works or not, who knows but there definitely appears to be a calculated plan.

croadyman

fill in the blanks :

'' Harry Maguire NOT included in Leicester squad for friendly after Red Devils bid''

''Jadon Sancho | Left out of BVB squad to face Bayern due to illness allegedly.''

Kinda similar. ;)
I would think they were similar if this Burki fella was ill with the same thing too

crossy1686

career ending
Precisely, I have no idea what or why the plan is like this, but it is clear we have been in discussions with his people and remained publicly confident despite all of BVB's bluster. The fact that we bid and he immediately falls down with a "mystery" illness is surely not coincidence...whether the plan works or not, who knows but there definitely appears to be a calculated plan.
Exactly.

Dortmund have led the narrative on this transfer all window but there's obviously a reason we've waited until now to make a bid. We know something and we have a plan, if we were to have come out in the first week of the window and told the press we'll be bidding late on it shows our hand too early. This is a game of poker folks and some of you have very poor poker faces.

crossy1686

career ending
If he plays on Saturday it is pretty much game over isn't it?
He won't play and as long as the window is open there's a chance.

EDIT: In fact, I hope he does, it gives us a better insight into this saga. You don't recover from a respiratory infection in 3 days.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Looking forward to the meltdown later when Dortmund say he's just ill and he's staying in the pre/post match interviews.

Womp

idiot
The fact that you believe the tabloid who`s first part of its name(Funke) sounds like that of a Nigerian woman is telling first and foremost. Well if we didn`t want to go back in with a bid we`d have briefed as much by now so likely we will clearly its not a "we tried" moment remember a Sky report saying Sancho will push for a move if we offer close to BVB`s price and all of a sudden he`s missing from the team when they have a game vs BAYERN the day a big bid gets rejected?
As for time BVB sold Dembele a week before deadline day and Auba 2 days before deadline day regardless of when we pay up if we pay up it will happen it won`t the first time they`ve sold late in the window(nor will it be the last). And Dembele isn`t leaving only way Barca sell is permanently and we only want a loan if Sancho doesn`t happen maybe Sarr but some reports are saying Villa are favorites to sign him these are the same names like Aarons/Koulibaly who were linked as "alternatives" to AWB and Maguire
Ya, the fact that I find a paper who is basically the mouthpiece for Dortmund something to pay attention to is telling. Also no, we don't need to brief shit. This fecking insistence that we are going to brief fecking everything we are going to do. We didn't brief we would feck around the whole window and wait until 4 days before the window closed before potentially doing anything. We didn't brief with Bruno and there's countless reasons why we won't brief we will give up on Sancho, which I've outlined too many times already. Briefs are done to save face, in this case, the club can't. Everyone and their dog knows we want him. Everyone and their dog knows we've been working on this deal for like 2 fecking years now. Them briefing they won't be continuing their pursuit of him will make the inevitable fallout even worse. At least with these 'we tried' bids, they can try and justify it being a consequence of the pandemic etc, but that they still tried their best

This isn't even comparable to Auba and Dembele. Both cases the player was desperate to move to their destination and made it impossible for Dortmund to keep them and Dortmund still ended up getting exactly what they wanted. Sancho doesn't really seem all that arsed and it's fecking clear as day we aren't paying what they want by now.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think the most telling thing actually is how you come to the conclusion that Funke is some tabloid, just because you're being ignorant about a perfectly common German surname, because it happened to have been once used on a sitcom.

It's a local media group, which also publishes "derwesten" and "waz" which afaik rank relatively high among that reddit journo tier list.

SATA

Ya, the fact that I find a paper who is basically the mouthpiece for Dortmund something to pay attention to is telling. Also no, we don't need to brief shit. This fecking insistence that we are going to brief fecking everything we are going to do. We didn't brief we would feck around the whole window and wait until 4 days before the window closed before potentially doing anything. We didn't brief with Bruno and there's countless reasons why we won't brief we will give up on Sancho, which I've outlined too many times already.

This isn't even comparable to Auba and Dembele. Both cases the player was desperate to move to their destination and made it impossible for Dortmund to keep them and Dortmund still ended up getting exactly what they wanted. Sancho doesn't really seem all that arsed and it's fecking clear as day we aren't paying what they want by now.
All righr calm down mate, all will be known in five days or even earlier whether our strategy works or not

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
We are playing on Sunday mate so yeah he won't play on Saturday for BVB ;)
He won't play and as long as the window is open there's a chance.

EDIT: In fact, I hope he does, it gives us a better insight into this saga. You don't recover from a respiratory infection in 3 days.
:lol: Yeah I agree he probably won't play now. But I wouldn't put it past Dortmund to wheel him out on the right wing in a blanket with a Lemsip!

Womp

idiot
All righr calm down mate, all will be known in five days or even earlier whether our strategy works or not
It's a fecking ridiculous strategy. Even if we do sign him, which seems extremely unlikely at this stage. We are giving the player almost no time to be incorporated into the team, we have lost (will lose more?) points potentially because of it, the player may need to quarantine etc etc.

Regardless of what happens with this transfer, the way it was handled was a fecking shambles

SmallCaine

Yeah regardless of how inept people claim Ed and the board to be, there must be a clear reason to take it to this stage of the transfer window before bidding.

It's a bit naive to think Ed's been sitting on his hands rocking back and forth like some ape and has only now thought to pickup the phone and put a bid in. I know people like to pretend that's the reality but no matter how unlikable the guy is, he's an established high level banker who is clearly well versed in money. If he's left it late it's because there was a reason.
Have you seen us do transfers under woodward? I don't remember many windows under woodward where we didn't leave big transfers for late. Maguire, fernandes, are last 2 big transfers look when they signed, how much did woodward save on the deals, he is an inept moron trying to act like he is a great negotiator. Woodward's transfer business is a lot like ole's subs when chasing a game, he leaves them for late trying to look great but it just makes him look bad.

He may be well versed in investment banking but is not in football transfer business, messi and ronaldo are the greatest footballers out there but that won't make them great at negotiating transfers anymore than investment banking is helping woodward do transfer business.

crossy1686

career ending
Have you seen us do transfers under woodward? I don't remember many windows under woodward where we didn't leave big transfers for late. Maguire, fernandes, are last 2 big transfers look when they signed, how much did woodward save on the deals, he is an inept moron trying to act like he is a great negotiator. Woodward's transfer business is a lot like ole's subs when chasing a game, he leaves them for late trying to look great but it just makes him look bad.

He may be well versed in investment banking but is not in football transfer business, messi and ronaldo are the greatest footballers out there but that won't make them great at negotiating transfers anymore than investment banking is helping woodward do transfer business.
Did we get the players you mentioned? Yes.
Did we pay less than the clubs wanted? Yes.
Was their strategy successful? Yes.

Big transfers take time, we're talking millions of pounds here. Not £10 for something off Facebook marketplace.

I'm sure what you think of Woodward keeps him awake at night.

RkkMan

Isn`t this the same guy who yesterday said BVB won`t sell no matter the offer?

Ralph1386

Agreed

dove

"Inept moron" :lol: Let me guess, anyone including you would do a better job than him, right? :lol:

Rooney24

It's a fecking ridiculous strategy. Even if we do sign him, which seems extremely unlikely at this stage. We are giving the player almost no time to be incorporated into the team, we have lost (will lose more?) points potentially because of it, the player may need to quarantine etc etc.

Regardless of what happens with this transfer, the way it was handled was a fecking shambles
Fully agree with this. How we go about our Business is a joke.

Dont remember a smooth Transfer window since David Gill left.

Ronaldo's Love Child

Exactly.

Dortmund have led the narrative on this transfer all window but there's obviously a reason we've waited until now to make a bid. We know something and we have a plan, if we were to have come out in the first week of the window and told the press we'll be bidding late on it shows our hand too early. This is a game of poker folks and some of you have very poor poker faces.
Yes and if United were any other team or we rolled back to 2013 then most of us would have blind faith that someone at our club had a masterplan and this was how they were executing it. Trouble is we have seen previously pathetic attempts to sign players and that many times there is no masterplan.

We can read into our late bid for Sancho as a calculated move or it could actually be just how it looks-a strange last minute bid for a player we've been tracking for a year. Sometimes if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck-it's a duck!

Maureen-yo

Dortmund maybe received the "low" offer and they want higher, saying "we will not sell for £150m" in the hope United will increase bid to the much discussed £108m?

RkkMan

Ya, the fact that I find a paper who is basically the mouthpiece for Dortmund something to pay attention to is telling. Also no, we don't need to brief shit. This fecking insistence that we are going to brief fecking everything we are going to do. We didn't brief we would feck around the whole window and wait until 4 days before the window closed before potentially doing anything. We didn't brief with Bruno and there's countless reasons why we won't brief we will give up on Sancho, which I've outlined too many times already. Briefs are done to save face, in this case, the club can't. Everyone and their dog knows we want him. Everyone and their dog knows we've been working on this deal for like 2 fecking years now. Them briefing they won't be continuing their pursuit of him will make the inevitable fallout even worse. At least with these 'we tried' bids, they can try and justify it being a consequence of the pandemic etc, but that they still tried their best

We actually briefed at the beginning that we were willing to play the long game with this transfer so you`re technically wrong there and whether you underestimate briefings or not they tell a lot and I the other day challenged your views on it which you never replied to and won`t repeat again.
Its comparable with Auba/Dembele in that they left late in the window and BVB still replaced them Sancho leaving late in the window won`t affect their ability to replace him the names they`ve been linked with before are ALL still on the market(Memphis, Rashica, Boga, Ikone, Zaha, Odoi) Sancho doesn`t need to force a move to the extent of the latter 2 to leave him respectfully asking to leave(which he maybe has) and us paying up is enough
As for paying up its not "fecking clear as day" if we can offer 100m so it would be silly to jump into conclusions as of yet there

crossy1686

career ending

When is the optimal time to buy someone to incorporate them into the squad?

We've dropped 3 points so far and I doubt Sancho would have made the slightest bit of difference to that fact. Plus, we can't win all our games so being upset about signing Sancho late in the window is like being upset Christmas only comes round once a year. Just enjoy it.

dove

Fully agree with this. How we go about our Business is a joke.

Dont remember a smooth Transfer window since David Gill left.
Probably because we hardly signed anyone and the ones we did were for low fees.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
As my grandad's dad said if the food is good, it's better to overpay for it and eat it in when it's cold than not paying for it and not eating it at all.

crossy1686

career ending
Yes and if United were any other team or we rolled back to 2013 then most of us would have blind faith that someone at our club had a masterplan and this was how they were executing it. Trouble is we have seen previously pathetic attempts to sign players and that many times there is no masterplan.

We can read into our late bid for Sancho as a calculated move or it could actually be just how it looks-a strange last minute bid for a player we've been tracking for a year. Sometimes if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck-it's a duck!
Who and when?

Of course it's a strategy. United have been pleading poverty all window, you think them slapping £100m on Dortmunds table the first week of the window would have been a good move? What do you think every club in the world would say after that? You think they'd just sell us players for €40m?

Clubs are always looking to sell desperately in the last week, we have the cash to take advantage of that. Just because you couldn't go out and get yourself a Sancho number 7 shirt in the first week of the window doesn't mean we're inept at doing business.

Status
Not open for further replies.