Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fooza

This thread is entering the death stage, especially with the dembele rumours. It's almost time to start digging the grave and laying it to rest.

Amerifan

Get ready everyone. JadON. Today. Today’s the day. Definitely today. Absolutely positively today. Or tomorrow.

Cheekiey

I’m almost certain the Dembele news is a big nudge to Dortmund implying if you don’t accept this thats it, there isn’t another offer coming, I think united have probably inquired about Dembele but that’s it and fabricated this to make it look like it’s very serious to pressure Dortmund into accepting our final offer

LisburnWhite

Then put your little hand in mine
There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb
Babe
I got you babe
I got you babe

OK, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties cause it's cold out there. It's cold out there every day.

"Happy Sancho day, again"

Womp

idiot
I don’t think it’s messing someone around when his club apparently says he can leave before putting a huge valuation on him in the largest economy crash of our time.

End of the day market conditions change and everyone saying we should just cough up £120 million out of thin air because it’s the United way is living in dreamland.

We are obviously negotiating hard because this is the real world and as soon as Dortmund realise that too, the sooner this deal gets done for the benefit of all parties.
Dortmund don't give a shit about what we can and can't pay, or the pandemic. He's a player they didn't want to sell, but were happy to for a specific price due to an agreement with the player. The stance has always been pay what we want or feck off. We supposedly expected them to lower their valuation as the window ran it's course, it became obvious they had no intention to do such a thing and now we are caught with our pants down. Hardly the first time we've been shown up with negotiations. It's a fecking shit show. We spent our whole summer pursuing a player we never had a chance of signing. Time that could have been spent improving the squad, improving the atmosphere around the club with new signings etc.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

Then put your little hand in mine
There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb
Babe
I got you babe
I got you babe

OK, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties cause it's cold out there. It's cold out there every day.

"Happy Sancho day, again"
You were bang on 6am yesterday.....your form is slipping.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
So it's October 1st - start of a new financial quarter.

Maybe a bid for someone gets accepted today.....

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Expecting a negotiation with borussia dortmund implies a catastrophic failure to assess the situation and understand your interlocutor. Made even worse because United actually have experience of dealing with them

Borussia Dortmund do not negotiate for their big players. They set a price, and that's that. Either pay or feck off

Lemansky

I would love this to happen only to see the German journos backtracking.

Jan Åge was in Viasats studio last night and he sounded like an official spokesperson for Dortmund. Gave it a 10% chance of happening at max. That is only if United pay the sum in full and Sancho makes a rumble.

Jack-C20

I like to tell myself that all the doom mongers in here are actually double agents trying to reverse jinx it. We all have a common goal.

babuttski

If anyone needs anymore proof that today is the day take a look at today’s Google doodle. Coincidence I think not!

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I don’t think it’s messing someone around when his club apparently says he can leave before putting a huge valuation on him in the largest economy crash of our time.

End of the day market conditions change and everyone saying we should just cough up £120 million out of thin air because it’s the United way is living in dreamland.

We are obviously negotiating hard because this is the real world and as soon as Dortmund realise that too, the sooner this deal gets done for the benefit of all parties.
What precisely would be Dortmund's benefit in that?

FizzyWomack

He’s coming home he’s coming home he’s coming Jadons coming home he’s coming home he’s coming home he’s coming ..

Come on Romano give us those famous 3 words by Friday.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Come on we all know it's not happening

....today.

Tomorrow is Sancho Day.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Surely, we've nearly run out of time now having a big bid rejected 6 days before the window closes. Even Dembele seems more likely than this it seems.

youmeletsfly

So it's October 1st - start of a new financial quarter.

Maybe a bid for someone gets accepted today.....
Mate, stop believing media shit. Putting a bid in has no fecking connection with the financial quarter we're in and it makes no difference to Dortmund as well.
You can put a bid in July and then wait for October 1st to actually wire and register the money on a new quarter.

Based on the "financial quarter" negotiation logic, Dortmund would actually like us to give them the money on several different quarters but, during this period where financial loss is quite high, it doesn't matter.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Mate, stop believing media shit. Putting a bid in has no fecking connection with the financial quarter we're in and it makes no difference to Dortmund as well.
You can put a bid in July and then wait for October 1st to actually wire and register the money on a new quarter.

Based on the "financial quarter" negotiation logic, Dortmund would actually like us to give them the money on several different quarters but, during this period where financial loss is quite high, it doesn't matter.
Bloody hell some of you need to lighten up.

wolvored

Scottish Sun (yes I know but its different news) now saying that Dortmund have dropped price to £95 mill.
Link

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Surely, we've nearly run out of time now having a big bid rejected 6 days before the window closes. Even Dembele seems more likely than this it seems.
Yes, going by the noise on social media it does seem the end of Sancho this window. Dembele is more likely to come if a loan can be negotiated. If he can stay fit and settles into the country and club culture quickly, I would think Dembele is no lesser talent than Sancho.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yes, going by the noise on social media it does seem the end of Sancho this window. Dembele is more likely to come if a loan can be negotiated. If he can stay fit and settles into the country and club culture quickly, I would think Dembele is no lesser talent than Sancho.
I think Sancho comes across as having better a temperament, football brain and obviously fitness, so he'd definitely be my first choice and I think we'll go back to him in the next windows. But Dembele is also an incredible talent. If he can fulfill his potential, he's an elite wide player without doubt.

GoldanoGraham

It does actually - it affects share price and forecasting

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
How about we act like a big club for once and get both of them? If an injury-prone Dembele can play regularly for us, it will be our own "Robben to Bayern Munich" moment. And Sancho could be our own Ribery. Rashford, Martial, Greenwood will battle it out for either the striker spot or inverted striker spot. They will all be on their toes because the prospect of being offloaded is real.

That's what big clubs like Bayern and Real do. Isn't it about time we aspire to act like one?
With Martial Rashford Greenwood already in front 3, I doubt we would get both Sancho and Dembele. No club has 5 very talented, expensive and top young forward in their team at the same time. If we are that rich, I'd prefer we add more quality at the back first.

GameOn

I’m almost certain the Dembele news is a big nudge to Dortmund implying if you don’t accept this thats it, there isn’t another offer coming, I think united have probably inquired about Dembele but that’s it and fabricated this to make it look like it’s very serious to pressure Dortmund into accepting our final offer
Well, problem is that Dortmund are actually laughing at our attempts.

This has been reported several times over the past few days.

They are totally fine with him staying.

People have to realize that we are not the ones that can dictate how/if this deal goes through.

It's Dortmund, that holds all the aces in their hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.