Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
God why does every transfer have to be a fecking saga. Teams get first linked & then sign quicker than we can go from “monitoring” to “preparing a bid” urgh.

cyberman

Listening to the interviews with Sascha Klaverkamp and Constantin Eckner you start to see how, if what they say is to be believed, the Sancho saga has gone south.

Both, in different ways, implied that Dortmund's executives have been angered by United's attitude. Both reported that Dortmund heads feel they have not been taken seriously and disrespected. In a way that was, for me, uncomfortably close to the kind of stuff we have heard recently from Rio and Evra about how United treat people. Eckner especially made the point that there are egos involved and that people at Dortmund feel like, having been talked down to, they do not want to deal with United.

For me it suggests that with a slightly different approach this could have gone differently. Maybe this is where Evra's comment about sending lawyers to talk to football people is really having an affect? Maybe what was needed here was United taking the lead, buttering Dortmund up a bit man to man? Your laywers are not paid to make nice with the people they are negotiating with on your behalf. They're not likely to go in and schmooze. I'm not going to start talking about a Director of Football. However, there needs to be someone who lays the groundwork on this stuff.
Lets all bow down to Dortmund huh?

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Even if you offered what Dortmund is asking for, something you are obviously not willing to do, it would still take the player's initiative to actively push for the move to make it happen at such a late date. There has been no evidence of any such intentions from Sancho this summer. He got his major pay-raise and contract until 2023 and seems very keen on playing a successful season at Borussia Dortmund. Furthermore reports from Germany suggest that United is not his definite #1 destination. He is reportedly intruiged by the idea of inheriting Lionel Messi's spot at Barcelona that is bound to become available in 2021.
All together, this might be the biggest pile of nonsense I've read in this thread and that's saying something.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not quite. Just pay the amount it feck off is their stance.

Besides its also reported we fecked around with Leipzig with Upamecano with stupid offers too.

SlimDizzle075

the only was this gets done is if Sancho throws his toys out of his crib. at this point United havent met Dortmunds valuation, but put in a VERY fair and competitive bid. If Sancho wants to come he has to make that known in a way that causes Dortmund discomfort. That will force them to meet United somewhere in the middle and get this handled. Without him pushing, he stays. Unhappy or not for 1 more year.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Is there any chance we could sign him for 90m-100m in reality but agree with Dortmund that we'll publicly say it was 120m?

We did that with Leeds when signing Cantona

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Is there any chance we could sign him for 90m-100m in reality but agree with Dortmund that we'll publicly say it was 120m?

We did that with Leeds when signing Cantona

We both announce finances to the public, it would be impossible to hide and illegal.

space

Burki showed up and Sancho didn't, please please let this be the beginning of the end and we actually sign him

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Great Post. You feel like a Fergie charm offensive in years gone by would have laid the groundwork for more amicable discussions than a team of lawyers would. Fergie would have taken one of his good bottles of wine :)
There are plenty of reasons to cite why transfers, especially for a club like United are complex matters. You dont just send in someone to happy go lucky style negotiate a 100+ million acquisition. Its a massive business transaction no matter which way you look at it. Businesses will send in groups of lawyers over way less than that.

cyberman

I don’t think it’s about bowing down, it’s about not acting like cnuts
Where have we done that? We have been incredibly respectful throughout all of this?
Unless acting like a cnut is not paying 120m euros upfront?

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero

We both announce finances to the public, it would be impossible to hide and illegal.
Besides, the media will inflate the price on their own anyway. Five years from now, we'll remember it as a £160million signing.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Sky say he is not in training, Jan says he is.
Not seen anything from Sky to be fair, but Jan is always at his keyboard ready to urinate on our hopes. He must get all excited at the prospect.
IF and it's a huge IF we pull this off, he's going to get so much hate

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
From Constantin Eckner in the video:

- Jadon is not happy but he's not going on strike so it's not something that can cause an issue with the club, especially at this stage of the window where there's only a couple days they need to hold out for.
- The reputation argument works both ways. Dortmund have remained firm so it won't look good for a 180 spin for anything less than what they publicly briefed the price to be.
- If the deal was to occur then it has to be in the ball park of 120m.
- 98-100m EUR (Give or take from the conversion rate) is where United are currently at.

- Sancho's agent and Dortmund have a good relationship so it's not like he's trying to force the player out for the sake of ££. He's brought teenagers to Dortmund himself.
- Dortmund aren't happy with how United ignored the price & the deadline. They feel they were not taken seriously - although it was not a legal deadline, it was one the club requested to have time to plan for replacements.
- RB Leipzig were also confused by the club this window - United came to make an offer below Upamecano's buyout clause (taking into effect next year). They obviously rejected this and wondered why the club is trying to low-ball them.
- Eckner said Sporting Directors tend to have ego's and pride, they don't like to be put down in their reputation and status by Manchester United with such unserious offers. Eckner believes such people were insulted by the waste of time approach.
- Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal were all clubs who had Upamecano on their radar. He expects United to return for the player next summer.

- Eckner believes an agreement for Sancho & Manchester United can also be reached for joining the following season. He says this has not been ruled this out but obviously Sancho & United would prefer for now.
- Halaand's clause is active next year so a double exit of Sancho/Halaand in one season can be tricky for Dortmund. Eckner confirmed the clause for Haaland is "lower than you think" relative to the player's worth. Eckner believes from his conversation with the player/the training ground vibe, that Haaland may prefer staying for another year though.

- Jadon's situation is different, he feels more comfortable in England so now's a great time for him.
If all this is true, then I don't mind Utd don't bowing down to, what to me atleast, are unreasonable demands on Dortmund's part. They themselves decide the price and deadline with no room for negotiation, and then blame Utd for not taking them seriously? I mean literally every other club is working towards the official deadline, it's not like we are doing something weird. If Dortmund don't want to sell that's fair enough, but all this deadline and fixed price stuff is just malarkey and playing by it just sets a bad precedent for our future transfer dealings.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Not quite. Just pay the amount it feck off is their stance.

Besides its also reported we fecked around with Leipzig with Upamecano with stupid offers too.
German fans and clubs are such a snowflakes. It is our right as a buyer to offer 5 mil for Sancho or Upamecano or Dembele or whoever. Selling club have every right to say no or yes or say their price.
There is no stupid offer, there is only stupid answer. I don't mind when Dormunt say 120 mil or nothing. But all those tweets and things around transfer are small club mentality.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Dortmund aren’t happy that we didn’t pay their demands on their arbitrary deadline? Boo fecking hoo. The transfer window shuts on 5th October and clubs are free to negotiate until that point. It’s the height of arrogance to suggest otherwise.
Sometimes in business you have to humour the other side to get what you want.

Maybe we didn't want to work to a deadline? Understandable. Still, its their asset we want (and, supposedly, we do want him), so maybe we have to give a little.

There are ways to deal with that kind of thing without necessarily knocking anyone's nose out of joint.

What have we gained by dismissing them out of hand if it means they're completely unwilling to deal now? We might feel chuffed with ourselves but it still means we risk running an 18 year old kid into the ground cos we have nobody else of real class.

dal

Dortmund aren’t happy that we didn’t pay their demands on their arbitrary deadline? Boo fecking hoo. The transfer window shuts on 5th October and clubs are free to negotiate until that point. It’s the height of arrogance to suggest otherwise.
Bingo.

romufc

Not seen anything from Sky to be fair, but Jan is always at his keyboard ready to urinate on our hopes. He must get all excited at the prospect.
IF and it's a huge IF we pull this off, he's going to get so much hate
Indeed. He has been tweeting about United alot and almost mocking us all summer. Not someone I am too fond of tbh.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If all this is true, then I don't mind Utd don't bowing down to, what to me atleast, are unreasonable demands on Dortmund's part. They themselves decide the price and deadline with no room for negotiation, and then blame Utd for not taking them seriously? I mean literally every other club is working towards the official deadline, it's not like we are doing something weird. If Dortmund don't want to sell that's fair enough, but all this deadline and fixed price stuff is just malarkey and playing by it just sets a bad precedent for our future transfer dealings.
Sure, I Agree that Dortmund shouldn't be imposing their own deadlines.
German fans and clubs are such a snowflakes. It is our right as a buyer to offer 5 mil for Sancho or Upamecano or Dembele or whoever. Selling club have every right to say no or yes or say their price.
There is no stupid offer, there is only stupid answer. I don't mind when Dormunt say 120 mil or nothing. But all those tweets and things around transfer are small club mentality.
I disagree with this though. No one is saying United have no right to bid low amounts. They can do what they like, but with that comes consequences of bemusement and dissatisfaction from dealing perspectives. It makes it look like what might be the truth - we have no fecking idea what we're doing.

I mean Ed has every right to go out and shit on Leipzig's doorstep and demand Upamecano for £2.50 and kit-kat. That doesn't necessarily mean it's right though ;)

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Again... English media say one thing, German media say another.
Am sure if he trained, there will be pictures later on anyway, there usually is isn't there?

This is going to drag on all weekend, roll on Monday so it's done one way or another!

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Its amazing how Dortmund always bend over for Bayern but are hard bastards when selling abroad
Not really.
Götze had a release clause, Lewandowksi left for free and Bayern was the Former Club from Hummels and he Wanted to go back Home.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
If he trained, Dortmund will tweet something about it. Small time bastards :lol:

Chief123

So Gary Coterril from Sky has been stood outside Dortmund training all day and said Sancho did not turn up to training today.

Dortmund are reporting he trained but it was alone away from the rest of the squad.

Getting juicy. :D

Skeezix

Again... English media say one thing, German media say another.
Am sure if he trained, there will be pictures later on anyway, there usually is isn't there?

This is going to drag on all weekend, roll on Monday so it's done one way or another!
If he did train, they'll post a photo of smiling Sancho with "You love to see it" caption. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.