Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
He was willing to join us last summer but we didn't want to pay the money, but go off babe if that's what you think.
Loads of reports if I remember rightly that he didn't want to come to ua because of CL football. Apparently this year's deal of getting him was centred around us getting CL football

Vaibhav Raj

Initially United approached Dortmund about Sancho and Zorc had the conversation with Woodward that Klaverkamp mentioned. In this conversation Dortmund laid out their conditions and gave United a deadline to respond. United did not get back to Dortmund. Dortmund, wondering what had happened, decided to extend the initial deadline by 10 days. United still do not respond. Effectively taking it as if they'd been ghosted on social media, Dortmund then broke off all contact with United.
I find this to be believable. Didn't someone holding a top position at Bayern Munich come out and accuse United and Liverpool of waiting until deadline time to pitch an offer for Thiago? Liverpool did act swiftly after that and wrapped up the deal. I guess United do think of delaying until last few weeks of a transfer window to be a viable strategy once they think the selling club is willing. And maybe thus risk putting off certain clubs as the selling club may feel like they're being taken for a ride especially since German clubs are directly calling out this strategy and showing clear disdain for it.

Judas

Open to offers
Loads of reports if I remember rightly that he didn't want to come to ua because of CL football. Apparently this year's deal of getting him was centred around us getting CL football
Just depends who you believe. I think the deal was there last year, but a bit like this time, we're constantly trying to be clever with money.

I don't think CL was crucial to getting him, it was always about us paying the money.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
To be honest I agree just flogging James after one year wouldn’t send out the best message to be honest. Loan deal would be better for him. Obviously if we’re desperate for money to fund Sancho then it’s tricky.
Chelsea would have got rid of him by now. We aren't cut throat enough - the issue is we haven't got a replacement for him yet.

Gandalf

Well that’s true every player is available at a certain price but there’s no way in a billion years Leeds would pay £25m or anyone else.
I could imagine a deal with may be 15m up front with the potential to rise to 25m if he hits a number of milestones. Would not sell for less than we paid for him at this point as we are not overloaded with wide players and he can be used to rotate or in the case of injury problems. If we are signing a true RW then of course that changes things.

FizzyWomack

This is slowly going into hopeless territory, Goldbridge better come up with a good excuse for his ITK level of confidence.

Perhaps maybe if we could submit improved offer today, there could be time to make it happen, anyway feels like we're relaxed as ever about it.
Thing is Goldbridge has said all along it’s about opinion. He thinks he’s been told something by someone but he’s not saying it’s 100 percent.

If this transfer doesn’t happen I’ll be slating the people that run this club not Goldbridge.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Definitely not typing this to troll but how the feck can anyone think this deal still has any sort of possibility? Dortmund have just said publicly their stance is not changing over the next 3 days. Their stance being that he is staying this season. It was dead as soon as 3-4 members of the clubs board made public statements that the player was staying. The August 10 deadline clearly wasnt a bluff.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It wasn't widely said, but there were plenty people saying it, I remember it, they could have been talking shite though, but who really knows.
Honestly I don't remember a single article suggesting this. If anything it was the opposite.

joedirt87

Woodward and the board are right, you can’t sell Dan James just because he looks like he belongs back in championship football and not the prem. You’ve got to give him at least 7-8 seasons and a few new contracts. Just look at the growth of Phil Jones and Chris Smalling over the course of their United careers.

Adamsk7

Maybe Dortmund want James?

Yeah i know, i could barely stop sniggering when I typed it to be honest.....

Himannv

If all that is true about James, it's absolutely moronic. Woody shouldn't be making footballing decisions over the manager's head and unfortunately there's no one to call him out on it. The Glazers don't care as long as he makes them money and we obviously don't have a DoF to communicate that and won't be getting one under Ed's watch. It's a mess even if this transfer ends up happening.

Tony247

Well that’s true every player is available at a certain price but there’s no way in a billion years Leeds would pay £25m or anyone else.
Probably they mean 10m + 15m add on "when" he wins ballon d'or.

WyvernUnited

Popcorn.gif

Welcome to reality, those who were in denial. We should have been causing a shitstorm and putting pressure on the club. Instead too many were being strung along again like gullible lemmings.
We can still do that. Hope no one relaxes and forget about what happened. We need those Glazers out

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
It wasn't widely said, but there were plenty people saying it, I remember it, they could have been talking shite though, but who really knows.
Honestly if you believed that last summer, when we needed him even more, why have you been so convinced we'd get him this year? Honestly, some people deserve this bullshit because they buy into everything the club feeds the media. People just do not learn. And what's worse? This will be forgotten about if the window shuts and we get a couple of good results. Then when we inevitably hit the rocks again then people will pipe up again. Rinse and repeat.

passing-wind

Definitely not typing this to troll but how the feck can anyone think this deal still has any sort of possibility? Dortmund have just said publicly their stance is not changing over the next 3 days. Their stance being that he is staying this season. It was dead as soon as 3-4 members of the clubs board made public statements that the player was staying. The August 10 deadline clearly wasnt a bluff.
August 10th deadline doesn't mean anything in a window that closes October 5th. That's almost common sense. The issue of this transfer is not a time conundrum it's the notion that the club seemingly don't have the money to fund the transaction.

Artimities

This saga....

1) Makes sense to wait until October for wages and stuff of that matter.
2) Not training or going to training and training separate with the inability to play but still sign on for national duty
3) making a point to let everybody know he is our #1 target
4) the back and forth with the journalist saying the same shite everyday
5) our real lack of "anything" real during this window except for our one back up signing.
6) this extra baggage we have in Jones, Rojo, Smalling, Romero, Dalot, james and Lindgard
7) our noted lack on Right wing

this screams shite show. How in the world have we not made progress this window? I we drop points to Tottenham its going to be a long year and a sign of things to come....
something needs to be done and the lack of communication is a bit depressing.

Also... how can Ole suddenly see that depth is not a problem. Its obvious to me that it is and has been. Is he just covering for the board? Watching all of these teams strengthen their squads has me thinking we are destined for a 5th or 6th place finish.

Last edited:

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
This saga....

1) Makes sense to wait until October for wages and stuff of that matter.
2) Not training or going to training and training separate with the inability to play but still sign on for national duty
3) making a point to let everybody know he is our #1 target
4) the back and forth with the journalist saying the same shite everyday
5) our real lack of "anything" real during this window except for our one back up signing.
6) this extra baggage we have in Jones, Rojo, Smalling, Romero, Dalot, james and Lindgard
7) our noted lack on Right wing

this screams shite show. How in the world have we not made progress this window? I we drop points to Tottenham its going to be a long year and a sign of things to come....
something needs to be done and the lack of communication is a bit depressing.
If we drop points to Tottenham, you'll likely see panic buying on a scale we've not seen before.

Loss to Palace, barely scraped by Brighton... if we lose to Tottenham that'll be a disastrous start and a defo sign of things to come.

My opinion is wed go on a mad panic buying spree and not on the right players either

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
the thing is though nobody can be sure. For all we know tonight we might randomly stump up the offer they want.

It's impossible to predict our board and Woodward in general, but I think it's obvious we don't have enough cash this summer due to Corona. They've tightened the strings.
I honestly believe (and I stress believe, I obviously don't know) that they won't sell no matter what now.

But I hope I'm wrong! Nothing will give me more satisfaction than being wrong about this!

Artimities

If we drop points to Tottenham, you'll likely see panic buying on a scale we've not seen before.

Loss to Palace, barely scraped by Brighton... if we lose to Tottenham that'll be a disastrous start and a defo sign of things to come.

My opinion is wed go on a mad panic buying spree and not on the right players either
That's what bothers me... our back line looks about a useful as a screen door on a submarine. Our attack disappears for huge chunks of the game. We honestly needed a miracle to beat Brighton. Looked shite against palace!
I love Mata as much as anybody, but I swear his speed is a liability and no way he scores that goal against a top side. Still, I like the idea of him on the bench in reserve. Lindgard reminds me of an old dog I had....Let him out and he just runs... doesn't really do shite... but runs all over the place.

Cloud7

I lost hope before, then I got sucked back in, but now it feels like this might really be dead

MrSingh2002

Top meme creations....

Basically Ed Woodward doesn't want any flack for selling James and spending wonga on Sancho and wants it publicly known that this call is on Ole.

1. Who would give Ed flack for selling James and signing Sancho? I'd like to meet such people.

2. If Ed spent a fraction of the time trying to sign players, that he does briefing the media and worrying what the papers will say, we'd have a world class squad.

Pull your finger out Ed and make a call.

The reported reasoning is even more laughable

The same considerations were nowhere to be seen when we binned the likes of Januzaj and Zaha
everyone knows that most speculation is BS don’t they? Perhaps 90% at least.

so it’s really interesting to see fans losing their shit and believing every word of this tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.