Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentSquirrel

Yep. Was obvious from the start that it was like this, especially when it was revealed that he had a contract til 2023 and not 22. They have all the power here, and always did.
'Revealed' to who exactly? Not the club trying to buy him. Do you mean the fans who aren't privy to any transfer negotiations, ongoing or otherwise?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
What will Ed do though? If he bids 120 million and somehow gets rejected it would be abomination.
could easily happen. It was just business and its turned into a dick measuring competition on a 100 million pound deal. It’s desperate. We knew he was for sale up to a certain date and we looked on so if they don’t sell Ed deserves all the grief for not understanding the market and thinking just because we have a few quid it doesn’t mean you can bully clubs into doing what you expect them to do.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
'Revealed' to who exactly? Not the club trying to buy him. Do you mean the fans who aren't privy to any transfer negotiations, ongoing or otherwise?
People assumed he had a contract til 2022 until Zorc or whoever said his contract is til 2023..

Syphon Wallet

What an absolute shambles, if we don't strengthen before the end of the window we have no chance of 4th.
Everton are tearing it up currently, they replaced the entire midfield and are a completely different force, really strong chance they make top 4 imo.
If they do, where does that leave us?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
You mean like Chelsea didn't get more than £50m for Hazard because he only had one year left, right?
Well that was fecking stupid from Madrid.

No way anybody is paying 100m+ for Sancho if he only has a year left

AgentSquirrel

People assumed he had a contract til 2022 until Zorc or whoever said his contract is til 2023..
A bunch of randos on the internet assumed it, which is of no consequence to a club negotiating for a player. It's not like this was new information presented to the club; they knew.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Why not?
If a player is unhappy and the club knows it, then if a huge deal is there for the taking, they'd take it. You don't want to keep an unhappy player in your team that could potentially cause problems.
The deadline is 5th October. The window is open until then. ALL players have a price, it doesn't matter who it is. If the right money comes in, they'll be sold, especially in these COVID times.
If Sancho was aggressively pushing for a move, like Dembele or Aubameyang, he probably would've done so by now, now that he's back in England already it's hard for him to do anything meaningful - you can't really go AWOL or disrupt training sessions when you're on international duty. And players don't need to be happy, they just need to do their job, e.g. van der Vaart once went so far as to give an interview wearing a Valencia jersey to force a move, yet he played his best season for Hamburg the following year and even returned a while later, the same is true for Lewandowski, when Dortmund delayed his Bayern move for a year.

Hoof the ball

Here's some reasons for why this deal COULD still happen:

- Both Duncan Castles and Ian McGarry have confidently stated on their Transfer Window Podcast that the player Dortmund have lined up as Jadon Sancho's replacement is Jonathan Ikone who is still available and should be attainable.

- Lyon have now stated that Memphis Depay will remain at the club, cancelling out his move to Barcelona which means Dembele will probably be maintained by them. This could possibly be due to us pulling out of any potential deal for him.

- Jadon Sancho is most likely refusing to train or play for Dortmund, we already know he has agreements in place with us as well.

- Looking at our previous dealings, we eventually seem to pay the full price once a deal reaches a standstill.
God bless you!

SSSSnake

Game over lads. We are stuck with James/Ighalo for back up. How the hell can we compete in this league let alone the champions league.

Rolaholic

Game over lads. We are stuck with James/Ighalo for back up. How the hell can we compete in this league let alone the champions league.
Simple, we won't

Those around us improved and the ones who didn't, like City, are already better

dweb

They don't need Sancho. Reyna has taken over. 4-0 against the mighty Freiburg.
Welcome JS.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Want to make a bet? And don't change the terms. You said £50m.
I said you’d get him for 50m in response to a poster saying they’d still get ‘big money’ for him in 2 years time..

My argument is that this is possibly the last time Dortmund will ever get a bid of over £100m for him. Which isn’t outlandish.

Next year, possibly, but nobody knows how the world will look then. Assuming it’s the same as now, or even worse, then this is the last 100m bid they’ll ever get for him

Rolaholic

City have spent over 100 mill on three first team players.
Never said they didn't make transfers, just that they made transfers that I don't believe have made them any better than they were last year.

Still a better side though

Chief123

Itll still be a big bid though. Maybe just they'll accept next summer what we offered this summer, and for them its worth it to keep Sancho an extra year to make up the difference.

Koulibaly not comparable. He's an older CB. Sancho is 20 and the most promising winger in the world.
I don’t see City as the main threat to buying Sancho next summer. He didn’t have a good experience there and if Pep is still there I don’t see it happening.

The biggest threat will be Chelsea. It’s a Prem team. Unlimited cash. Sancho is from london. Was apparently a Chelsea fan as a kid. And Sancho would be better than any of their current options and new signings.

All that said, it’s a good job we’re signing him now.

Chief123

Omg even Dortmund have admitted Sancho is leaving!! :D

Reyna’s hat trick of assists has convinced them they don’t need Sancho.

Womp

idiot
I don’t see City as the main threat to buying Sancho next summer. He didn’t have a good experience there and if Pep is still there I don’t see it happening.

The biggest threat will be Chelsea. It’s a Prem team. Unlimited cash. Sancho is from london. Was apparently a Chelsea fan as a kid. And Sancho would be better than any of their current options and new signings.

Are you Mark Goldbridge

pixel

Come Oct 6th, I fear for you mate. Genuinely.

Okocha119

Jadon has to stink it up at BVB now. That's the only way this will go through in my view.
How would he do that though?

Sancho: "I'm boycotting training."
Dortmund: "You don't have to attend training since you're on international duty."
Sancho: "Rats."

Poor sod is probably lost somewhere in Germany.
He's not even standing in front of the stadium or training grounds anymore. This looks like a random residential area.

I can't get over the fact that sky sent a journalist to Germany for over a week just so he can get laughed at and be told to go home.

Status
Not open for further replies.