Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acole9

Outstanding
No chance is he coming tomorrow. This has been an embarrassing "Saga" I'm glad it'll be done and dusted tomorrow.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We don't have the cash right now. And next summer he isn't coming to a team that doesn't have CL football so it'll be some other club.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
As said we needed a British core who could understand what playing for United is all about. Can you imagine if today we had Achraf, Upamecano and Alaba instead of Shaw, AWB and Maguire? Sure the former might be more talented but they wouldn't know what playing with United is all about.
I see what you did there... :lol:

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
Ed on the phone right now agreeing a fee of 200mill

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I want Ole to go now but it's clear that Woodward wasnt backing him because he wants to see if ole is good enough or not.

The guy shoots the club to initiate his next move because he has no footballing plan. Every manager feels like this about him.

Best thing that can happen now is Ole to leave/get sacked and put pressure on woodward as a legend of this club, stop this yes man crap.

I hate being called the biggest club in the world because only fools think we are. It's just money and that means shit all and it's not football.
after finishing third last season and 3 games into this season.....

Saddy

Do you think Woodward may even fire Ole tonight? May seem like a knee-jerk reaction but it will send a message that this kind of performance at Manchester United will NOT be tolerated.
He will be given until December IMO and the 100M given to the new manager - clubs will still be desperate for cash in January

shinobi

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Nobody said like that. But it is true that Bayern will win Bundesliga again.
Of course. They have three times our money (and 5-20x more than everybody else). Winning the league is hardly an achievement for them, especially since they are not, to put it mildly, on bad terms with the DFL and the referees.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
God what a depressing set of events, this isn’t happening and the club have a lot to answer for, they should have paid what he’s valued at or got an alternative.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
When will we hear movement on this one then? Even if it’s just noise that we’re trying and Dortmund are being unreasonable.. we’ll move now

Jericholyte2

..........and maybe being promised to play in a big team not getting mauled like we did today?
He’s a modern-day footballer he won’t give a feck about things like that. Get his money push whatever businesses he has on the side and maybe score the odd goal here or there.

Acquire Me

Careful there newbie.

You’re not allowed to say players may actually not want to sign for the sh*tshow of a regime because we’re the Mighty Manchester United so that means it’s every players dream to play in front of Harry Maguire & his travelling circus.

Sancho has very little reason to force this move currently imo.
Shut up!

GameOn

What a catastrophe...

Top 4 is looking like a pipe-dream at this point and Sancho clearly isn't coming this year.

I really doubt he'll want to come here next year, when we probably can't offer CL football...

Castia

The small chance of it happening is gone isn’t it. There needed to be some solid news today, we aren’t dropping £100m on a player with a few hours left.

Jericholyte2

What a catastrophe...

Top 4 is looking like a pipe-dream at this point and Sancho clearly isn't coming this year.

I really doubt he'll want to come here next year, when we probably can't offer CL football...
Top 4!?!?! My nose is bleeding we’re thinking so high. With performances like that top half will be a pipe-dream!

TheHeya

It’s now or never because he won’t join with no Cl football next year.

lewwoo

He must look at us especially after today and think feck that. He will go somewhere else next summer.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He must look at us especially after today and think feck that. He will go somewhere else next summer.
I guess he's ruling City (2-5 v Leicester) and Liverpool (1-4 v Villa) out as well then?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
What a catastrophe...

A bigger issue than even that would be if we're in a state of turmoil and not looking like a club on the up. This summer, there was euphoria and the perfect time to sell the club and the project whilst saying we were on the up and had finally ridded ourselves of the inertia that was threatening to make us perennial 5th-hopeful 4th placers at best.

There's an allure to joining a club that looks like it's going places as opposed to one where the future really looks uncertain. If Ole's sacked, we'll be on to our 5th manager in 7 years and very probably dismantling the squad, again. I don't think much of that is appealing to players who will have their pick of clubs when the time comes (if it's not closed this window by us).

This brinkmanship notion that could potentially save us a few million doesn't seem to be particularly well thought out for the potential millions more it could lose us.

Status
Not open for further replies.