Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLord

If I were Sancho, I’d definitely want to join a good English side that has some chance of winning major silverware, and earn some money in the process. City, Liverpool, Chelsea fit that bill - United certainly do not.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Are people really expecting such a huge deal to be done and finalized on the last day of the market?
Nope of course not. We'll get the likes of Cavani, Telles etc but nowhere near the business we needed to get done.

DSG

The level of depression in the Caf at an all time high. When we don't get Sancho, or Dembele on loan, and end up with VDB, 33 year old Cavani and an underwhelming LB in this transfer window, it's going to be dire in here. I mean, we didn't get a CB, or a DM or a RW. Does Ed shop for players the same way he buys mayonnaise at the market? Looking for "good" deals regardless whether they fit the club's playing philosophy, the manager's plan, or whether they play a position of need?

It's a travesty.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The level of depression in the Caf at an all time high. When we don't get Sancho, or Dembele on loan, and end up with VDB, 33 year old Cavani and an underwhelming LB in this transfer window, it's going to be dire in here. I mean, we didn't get a CB, or a DM or a RW. Does Ed shop for players the same way he buys mayonnaise at the market? Looking for "good" deals regardless whether they fit the club's playing philosophy, the manager's plan, or whether they play a position of need?

It's a travesty.
Ed overpays if any. He's anything but bargain bin hunter.

He broke a few transfer record consecutively iirc

Cloud7

If we do end up signing him that’ll be Sancho, Cavani and Telles announced tomorrow. One hell of a deadline day that would be.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I wish we'd just spend money on Dembele, a CB and potentially a CDM and forget about Sancho for now, yesterday was a Travesty.

The board and Ole are inept.

croadyman

I wish we'd just spend money on Dembele, a CB and potentially a CDM and forget about Sancho for now, yesterday was a Travesty.

I completely agree with that but sadly there is absolutely no desire whatsoever to bring in a DM/CB until at least January but more likely next summer

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Were definitely not going to sign Dembele for 60-80 million now and Sancho for 120 million next summer. So you're killing the Sancho deal, and that's a player who wants to play for us, for Dembele with his injury record. Not worth it IMO.

SATA

I think this is gone. We are obviously going to go for Dembele now. Sancho is also enjoying himself at a party and not throwing a hissy fit, but he’s obviously fine and not like what BVB said to claim that’s he’s ill

jackal&hyde

I think this is gone. We are obviously going to go for Dembele now. Sancho is also enjoying himself at a party and not throwing a hissy fit, but he’s obviously fine and not like what BVB said to claim that’s he’s ill
I thought he was so ill he couldn't play.

klsv

Hope he's not too hung over after the party, needs to be fit for the medical tonight.

treble_winner

Can we give Pogba to Dortmund as a way to sweeten the deal? :drool: That’s why we bought Van De Beek.

I've been hesitant about this happening up until this morning. It's happening. It's on. Here we go.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
You need to disappear back down the hole you crawled out of, sunshine. Understand this, we've all had the absolute pleasure of watching many great players win every trophy there is for us. Better players then Sancho. So, when you can say the same, then come back and try again. Because, supporting Schalke, every day is SanchOFF day. You're shite and you've never even had a whiff of signing a top class player. Little gobshite.

That goes for the Dortmund plebs too. It's absolutely ridiculous to think fans of second rate clubs think they can come and try to troll on here right now.
Great rant, hope you feel some kind of relief after that ;)
Thing is, I totally accepted that the club I support is absolute shit footballwise - and I accepted it quite some time ago. I do identify myself with the club, obviously, but I don't feel any personal pride or depression when success or failure happens. After all, the club's achievements are not mine, which is why the failures aren't either. Considering these facts, I find it quite pathetic when fans of (formerly!) successful clubs look down on supporters of minor clubs. See, since I accepted my club's football is shit, I really don't care much about the results. It's all about fan culture for me at this point, which is totally fine. I'm no longer dependant on the club's football and my weekends are not miserable, even if my club loses 6-1 or 8-0. In other words: I don't need a shiny toy or the greatest players in the world. Ah and by the way, obviously it's SanchOFF day everyday for Schalke, but then again, so it is for Man Utd.

@Rektsanwalt

Look what I found on the forum of your beloved team. I think you're enjoying being an active member of the BRPA.
See the above, I really don't care about my team's results. I accepted that the club is badly run, has a shit team and the shittiest structure in the whole world. Thing is, I'd support Schalke in the Bundesliga or in the 4th division and since I personally can't change any of the problems of my club, I actively decided to not care about this part. It's simply not my business and involving myself emotionally too much won't do any good, neither for me nor for the club itself. Some things you just have to accept, I guess. And honestly, as I already said, it's absolutely awesome just living football without caring too much about the results - this way every weekend is much more enjoyable.

How's your season going? Doesn't look too good does is. Need to vent some frustration about that laughing stock of a football team at another board it seems.
Understandable.
I think I explained my thought process here. Don't have to vent about anything, to be honest. If you would have actually read my posts, you would have seen that I didn't defend Dortmund. I was just displaying some realism in this thread regarding the obvious fact that Sancho won't join Man Utd this year.

Anyway, big day today!

Status
Not open for further replies.