Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergie_god

Leroy Sanè is easily one of the best prospects in world football. Any normal market he goes for about 70-80 mil even in the final year of his contract. It’s like people have forgotten how good he was/is. He’s easily Rashford, Martial quality. bayern picked up an absolute bargain on that one.
He's shown to be much better than Rashford and Martial so far in their careers. People need to be less biased.

romufc

He's shown to be much better than Rashford and Martial so far in their careers. People need to be less biased.
Why are we comparing a ST to a winger? If you compare Sane's best season is 10 goals 11 assists in the PL.

Rashford has 14 goals 7 assists this season.

passing-wind

Leroy Sanè is easily one of the best prospects in world football. Any normal market he goes for about 70-80 mil even in the final year of his contract. It’s like people have forgotten how good he was/is. He’s easily Rashford, Martial quality. bayern picked up an absolute bargain on that one.
Sane at his best showed more than Martial (wide) and Rashford. You could probably put him just behind Mbappe if he's playing fully fit when it comes to assessing his level of talent

lysglimt

Scout
Sane at his best showed more than Martial (wide) and Rashford. You could probably put him just behind Mbappe if he's playing fully fit when it comes to assessing his level of talent
Martial yes - but Rashford at his best this season was at the same level as Sane.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Nah Sane is good but a little overrated. Martial and Rashford are on his level, in fact Rashford is better.

crossy1686

career ending
Never got the Sane hype, I feel like he's been average more than he's been good, but when he was good he was very good.

It feels like all this was happening around the time there was a City/Pep love in on here.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Think him being injured for a year has made people forget just how good he is. The boy is a star.

Rolaholic

Think him being injured for a year has made people forget just how good he is. The boy is a star.
Think so as well, he'll be tearing it up at Bayern potentially playing on the same flank as Davies

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

No Sancho. It's on.
If I remember things correctly, people often downplay these kind of tweets or pictures regarding a player missing. "Nothing in it", "it's just a photo", etc. But those players actually left the club more often than not. Based on that argument alone, I'd say this one is a done dealio. Waiting for confirmation any minute now.

strandty

If I remember things correctly, people often downplay these kind of tweets or pictures regarding a player missing. "Nothing in it", "it's just a photo", etc. But those players actually left the club more often than not. Based on that argument alone, I'd say this one is a done dealio. Waiting for confirmation any minute now.
I know it’s a different level, but I work at a League Two club in the media department and we would never use players who are going to leave in releases like this. Same with annual calendars, those you think may leave in the summer etc, always have them in months before May etc.

fps

I always thought Sane had something of the young Giggs about him. How useful a left-footed player is on the left wing is an interesting discussion these days though. Coming back off a serious injury and didn't seem to be developing at City strangely. Perhaps due to extravagant individual talent rather than effectively following team orders.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I know it’s a different level, but I work at a League Two club in the media department and we would never use players who are going to leave in releases like this. Same with annual calendars, those you think may leave in the summer etc, always have them in months before May etc.
The higher the level, the more careful a media department have to work. This is as good as Dortmund's official statement to me :keano:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The higher the level, the more careful a media department have to work. This is as good as Dortmund's official statement to me :keano:
On the contrary, things can also move fast.

United had Ronaldo in the home kit before selling, Hazard modelled Chelsea's home kit before he went to Madrid etc..

Anyway this is a smaller of the much larger fires surrounding Sancho. I think it's clear to see they're not happy and he isn't either.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
According to Andy Brassel who is a European football correspondent that appears on ESPN. He said that before Sancho left City, Bayern asked Guardiola to give them a reference on Sancho and his response was that the player had caused him alot of trouble and was hard to control.
Sounds like completely rubbish. Why would Pep give Bayern an evaluation of one of his players BEFORE he left the club? I slightly could understand it if Bayern asked him recently, although I very much doubt that they're on such bro terms that'd they'd share references to each other given that they're still rivals on an international stage.
But asking when he was still a City player? How would that look like: "Ey Pep, we're interested in taking one of your best young talents. Any reference on his character and abilities?" "Yeah sure, he's very hard to control, wouldn't take him" "Okay cheers then, we won't"

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Sounds like completely rubbish. Why would Pep give Bayern an evaluation of one of his players BEFORE he left the club? I slightly could understand it if Bayern asked him recently, although I very much doubt that they're on such bro terms that'd they'd share references to each other given that they're still rivals on an international stage.
But asking when he was still a City player? How would that look like: "Ey Pep, we're interested in taking one of your best young talents. Any reference on his character and abilities?" "Yeah sure, he's very hard to control, wouldn't take him" "Okay cheers then, we won't"
It was when the decision was made that Sancho was leaving and prospective buyers had started doing their due dilligence.

Brassel also said that Bayern weren't put off and still tried to sign him.

LoneStar

You don't have to be that extreme. Sancho is never valued at 200m. Its really insulting to bid their best player, and the hottest young player in the world, for mere 50m, if that's true. It may really piss them off and make the negotiation process even harder. Imagine someone wants to buy Pogba from us and offer us the same, would you try to negotiate with them, or simply tell them to feck off? I'd even rise his price tag from 100m to 120m after such insulting offer, just for us.
Thank feck business doesn’t work that way then. Obviously we have no way to see how it all actually works internally, but you can rest assured that they won’t be that petty.

MetoTTT

It may be a strategic coup / bluff knowing that BVB will end the season with € 50m loss. :D Ed is there to save them.

Rolaholic

Not sure how much Sane would help their case but I'm glad it looks like we're getting closer to official negotiations starting up if club sources seem convinced Dortmund can be talked down from their current valuation

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
The same Yaya who played under him at 2 different clubs so he'd have a lot better insight than myself or the tabloids :lol:
Yeah all top managers have butted heads with top players. I think it's a lazy correlation to assume Pep has a problem with "personality" (whatever the feck that means, as far as I know Bayern under him didn't necessarily play with 11 eunuchs)

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not sure how much Sane would help their case but I'm glad it looks like we're getting closer to official negotiations starting up if club sources seem convinced Dortmund can be talked down from their current valuation
Was thinking this too - maybe the suggestion that City would also want Sancho after losing Sane? Also I read the article and it literally gives nothing new in information.

Last edited:

padr81

Supports
Man City
Was thinking this too - maybe the suggestion that City would also want Sancho after losing Sane? Also I read the article and it literally gives nothing new in information.
After what Pep said about Sancho there is no way City will be in the running (at least why Pep is in charge. I think he really dislikes him.)

Guardiola said: "No, no, no. He decided to leave. Why should he decide to come back?
"We wanted him to stay like Eric Garcia and Phil (Foden) but he decided like Leroy now and myself, when I decided to move to other countries to be a manager, to move.
"When he decided to move to Dortmund it's not because he is going to decide to come back one year later. It would make no sense. He didn't want to be here, so that is why I think he doesn't want to come back here."

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

I agree Sane is a brilliant player and that Bayern got a bargain getting him for less than £50M but no chance he is a £100M player.
The numbers pre pandemic were outrageous and will be outrageous again in no time.
No chance. Are you inSane?
Hes the best left footed left winger in the game right now. Will be surprised if hes not being heralded half way through next season

Red_Orchestra

With Sane going to Bayern for £45m with add-ons of £10m, I think £60m plus add-ons would be the right price for Sancho?

SpyLuke10

With Sane going to Bayern for £45m with add-ons of £10m, I think £60m plus add-ons would be the right price for Sancho?
eh...the fact that he had only 1 year left on his contract significantly lowered the price, plus the fact that Sane is coming off a serious injury.

I still think to get sancho it'll cost 80M plus 20 in add ons or something like that.

SpyLuke10

that article is so poorly written. doesnt read very well at all.

E-mal

I reckon we will get him for £90m upfront and £20m in add ons. Woody get it done and let's start our walk to our rightful place, its been a long time coming.

RC89

Nah Sane is good but a little overrated. Martial and Rashford are on his level, in fact Rashford is better.
Rashford has never shown the level of Sane. Let's not kid ourselves just because Sane's been injured. And before anyone gets the goals stats out Sane has comparable numbers over last three seasons despite being in and out the team and Rashford has often played as a striker.

Not knocking Rashford who may go on to have a great career but you only have to watch them to see Sane is special while Rashford is good.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Rashford has never shown the level of Sane. Let's not kid ourselves just because Sane's been injured. And before anyone gets the goals stats out Sane has comparable numbers over last three seasons despite being in and out the team and Rashford has often played as a striker.

Not knocking Rashford who may go on to have a great career but you only have to watch them to see Sane is special while Rashford is good.
Your post is completely arse backwards.

beingshe7don

Well it's common knowledge that both, Rashford & Martial are on crazy wages which neither of them deserve as they've not shown consistency. As for the Sane debate, I think Sane edges out Rashford and Martial. A lot of people these days like to compare Rashford and CR7 and honestly, despite the stats being in Rashford's favor, CR7 was way ahead. I love Martial and all but I don't think he would have remained as long as he has done with Fergie in-charge. Although the flipside argument could be that maybe Fergie would have gotten the best out of Martial.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
If Sane is so good, why is there no outrage on him being let go? Imagine us letting go Rashford in a similar way, who in fact people think is a lesser player :lol:
Exactly. I think Sane is a good player but I think Rashford is special.

Status
Not open for further replies.