Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

saivet

Unpopular opinion but I dont want him. And definitely not for that price.
What I wanted were nice veteran backups like Cavani and Perisic to add some veteran leadership but the way I look at it, our front 3 are awesome.
Jose?

el3mel

negative Stone tweet :drool: we're almost there boys!

Well this is nothing new to be fair. I don't think anyone thought we bid for him already ?

TBH I'm not that confident about this signing being done at all this market but let's wait and see. Not sure why I'm getting Griezmann vibe about this.

Judas

Open to offers
Well this is nothing new to be fair. I don't think anyone thought we bid for him already ?

TBH I'm not that confident about this signing being done at all this market but let's wait and see. Not sure why I'm getting Griezmann vibe about this.

I'm not sure either. This is a done dealio.

L3G4CY15

Apparently the place I work has a policy on wearing pants and keeping it zipped up, I think I’ll tell them I’m running a fever and have a cough to get two weeks to “quarantine” so I can spend more time hitting refresh here. Two weeks should be enough time to get this done, right?

Riz

Wouldn't take Zaha at all. Never got the hype at all.
Ditto. Coming off the back of a season where he’s scored 4 in the league as Palace’s main man. Ok he will be a lot better playing in a more attacking team with better players than Benteke around him but he’ll be 28 before Christmas so I don’t see too much room for a huge improvement to warrant the £50-60m price tag.

mav_9me

What I wanted were nice veteran backups like Cavani and Perisic to add some veteran leadership but the way I look at it, our front 3 are awesome.
Haha why the feck would we get Perisic? If you wanted experience at least Willian is available on free.

ash_86

The neative tweet from Simon Stone is like deal conformation. Sancho is a done deal boys!!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Haha why the feck would we get Perisic? If you wanted experience at least Willian is available on free.
I would like it if we could sign Willian and Sancho, our depth in attacking positions would be fixed.

lolok

Hold your ground Ed. 90mm pounds (99mm Euro's,) is more than enough.

Put yourself in Dortmund's shoes. Jadon does not want to be there. Dortmund takes the risk that Jadon could cause problems in the locker room, or could just not try very hard while out on the pitch-- thus leading to him being benched by the manager. Now all of a sudden, Jadon's on the bench and Dortmund can't move him until January when his value will drop to about 50-60mm pounds. Is Dortmund really willing to take a 30-40mm pound risk by keeping Jadon past this summer? Dortmund gets no benefit from Jadon if he's not trying and is on the bench. This just creates unnecessary drama for the club that the manager will not want.

Is Dortmund a club that out of spite is willing to lose a lot of money by keeping Jadon for 1 more year, or even 2 more years and let him walk on a free? IDK. When you factor in Covid, 90mm pounds is more than enough. I'd only offer 80mm pounds, with maybe another 10mm in addons at most.

90mm pounds is more than fair- and if that's the most that Ed wants to pay- then do a take it or leave it offer that expires in 48 hours. Get a yes or no quickly, and if No, then move onto other targets. Don't look so desperate Ed.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The guy wants 3 years contract and is on massive wages and 32 next month.
He is out of contract, he isn't on massive wages, he is on no wages. Maybe he will ask for a big one but nothing says that he will get it.

Baneofthegame

Welcome to the board, Jose.

SATA

Harry Maguire :

30th July - denial .

5th August - officially announced

AWB :

25th June - denial

29th June - officially announced.
Which means we get official news in 5 days? :drool:

Out of interest, anyone remembers what Stone tweeted prior to us officially confirming Bruno?

Infestissumam

Out of interest, anyone remembers what Stone tweeted prior to us officially confirming Bruno?
I think he tweeted that the clubs were still far apart. Only a couple of days before it was a done deal.

StianAa

"Fair to say all sides in agreement that Bruno Fernandes deal as it stands will not be agreed. Needs Sporting to either lower their demands or United to increase what they are offering."

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Jan 22 he tweeted this

Bruno was announced Jan 29
7 days is an age in the transfer market. Christ, deals get completed in a day and players can be swayed in a moment (us kidnapping berba deal) :lol:

Red00012

Your opinion is even more mind boggling considering the best defender in the premier league Van Dyk is 29 years old. I suggest you keep posting your opinions and stop stalking other people's opinions. My opinion remains unchanged. I would prefer a central defender to Sacho if the money was limited. I dont see anything outrageous with that statement.
Good comeback

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
No everyone has different opinions but some of yours in the past are mind boggling.

Koukibaly is 29 no thank you that ship has sailed . We currently have 7 centre backs, granted some are not good enough or won’t be here next season but a few of them need to leave before we add a centre half . Personally I’m holding out for Axel.

We need Sancho because as you can see we could be playing up to 55-60 games next year. We don’t have options aside from Greenwood that are decent enough quality. He seems to have lost all interest in Mata and James best position seems to be on the left .

When he comes to blowing half your supposed budget on one player 95% of people are going to choose Sancho over Koukibaly.

And no Martial , Rashford and Greenwood can’t deal with their wings because injuries happen and you take a look around this club and see whos on the bench that would do a similar job to them .
Why is Koulibaly being 29 a problem? The peak age for a central defender is about 32.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Too obvious for WUM you’ve got to lure them in a bit you have much to learn.

Rajma

I hope we can get him since we need depth in those areas but I always prefer a left footer on the right wing, hopefully, the club knows what they’re doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.