Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajma

No he played most games on the right.
Really? I have no clue since I watched Dortmund maybe twice all season but watching his highlights videos most of the stuff have come from the left and I don’t think I’ve seen him in those videos beat a player while on the right for more than a handful of times. Obviously, you guys having observed him play more can form better opinions.

VanGaalEra

Sancho just makes sense, it also means IMO we don’t need to go looking for a back up striker.

Martial gets injured, Mason can go up front. Rashford gets injured, Sancho to the left Mason on the right. The 4 can rotate between them.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
@Pexbo are you willing to dust off those muppet boots for one final show?
The old boys getting back together for one final hurrah. I haven't been this excited since they announced the Backstreet Boys reunion tour.

Rajma

I have my doubts around players from Dortmund they never turnout good away from their system when they leave. Only really Lewandoski transfer have gone down well so far, which concerning imo.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Your opinion is even more mind boggling considering the best defender in the premier league Van Dyk is 29 years old. I suggest you keep posting your opinions and stop stalking other people's opinions. My opinion remains unchanged. I would prefer a central defender to Sacho if the money was limited. I dont see anything outrageous with that statement.
I'm not very sure why Van Dijk's case is the same with Koulibally here. Van Dijk is 29 but Liverpool signed him when he was 26. Liverpool won't spend the same amount on 29 years old Van Dijk.

When people are talking about Koulibally being 29 is about whether the investment is worthy. The price is about 65m to 90m pounds at the moment. Unless if centre back is our final resource that can guarantee us the title like RVP then I can understand it but centre back isn't the only blank we need to fill in and he's not RVP type of influence. If City end up getting him and win the league, that's not because Koulibally alone but because they only need that centre back to complete their team, and we are not in that stage yet.

Our project is a long term project, big investment should be on the ones that suit for the project not for short term & Sancho is one of it and no other club can afford him now except us. This is the best opportunity not only we need reinforcement in attack but also we're gonna get a world class potential player that suits our profile. We need a centre back but doesn't mean we can just splash the big money on the ones that doesn't suit the profile of our long term project.

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
I have my doubts around players from Dortmund they never turnout good away from their system when they leave. Only really Lewandoski transfer have gone down well so far, which concerning imo.
Well excited to see this proper miserable opinion die when Sancho is leading us to glory. No offence.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Really? I have no clue since I watched Dortmund maybe twice all season but watching his highlights videos most of the stuff have come from the left and I don’t think I’ve seen him in those videos beat a player while on the right for more than a handful of times. Obviously, you guys having observed him play more can form better opinions.
In previous seasons he's played almost always on the right. This season he started on the right, then switched to the left for a while, and then since the lockdown he's played more centrally.

mav_9me

He has always been highly rated. In fact apparently we tried to get him when he moved from city.

So it's not like he is a random find by bvb scouting and then they made him shine... They just gave him playing time and platform to express himself.

And he might take time to shine for us... But he is perfect for the RW spot.

DSG

Yeah. We should never buy from Dortmund. Pulisic has been shite. Same with Aubameyang. Gundogan doesn't get in the City side. Rosicky was crap too.

Given what we paid for Kagawa and Mhiki, they weren't complete flops. Both had moments for us.

I don't think that the team that these targets play for is a significant factor behind success/failure.

Rajma

In previous seasons he's played almost always on the right. This season he started on the right, then switched to the left for a while, and then since the lockdown he's played more centrally.
I see. Why did he got moved to the left/central areas? Is there a reason for that? Genuinely curious because it would be totally stupid for us to splash such a amount knowing his best position is not on the right.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
A few big names flop, but for every Kagawa, Gotze and Mkhi there is always Aubameyang, Pulisic and Immobile

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Dortmund need to get a fecking grip and lower their demands. Aren't they aware who we are?

croadyman

Sancho just makes sense, it also means IMO we don’t need to go looking for a back up striker.

Martial gets injured, Mason can go up front. Rashford gets injured, Sancho to the left Mason on the right. The 4 can rotate between them.
Still reckon we will be in for Haaland when that clause is activated but don't expect any movement on a ST until then

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Lazy narrative this for every Gotze, Kagawa or Mkhitaryan you have a Lewandowski, Aubameyang or Gundogan

It's very easy to see why it didn't work for those who struggled away from Dortmund

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Dortmund need to get a fecking grip and lower their demands. Aren't they aware who we are?
Some mega rich club from England led by a former investbanker who is renowned for always paying top dollar in the end?

Riz

Aubameyang? Gundogan? Hummels?

Pulisic starting to look very good for Chelsea as well.

beingshe7don

ars old proven in one of the top leagues in the world, has no bedding in time as grew up in england knows the football like the back of his hand and could play for the same club for 10+ years.

That £70 million for VVD was chuckled at, look at it now.
VVD came in because he was the final piece of the jigsaw and you can see the results with the CL & PL trophies. However, Sancho coming in does not solve our issues at DM, CB, CM & ST. Sancho would need bedding time since he's not played in the league. The pace and the kind of defense he'd be up against is not comparable to the Bundesliga. Also, 10+ years? If we haven't won anything in 2 years (major trophies wise), he won't stick around if Barca or Madrid come calling.

beingshe7don

Sometimes we have to commit to the deals, he is just 20 years old with so many years left at top level. We might go with "next season he will be cheaper" but you never know, maybe clubs like Madrid, Barca might be in for him or if one of the Chelsea signings flop big time, they might try their luck with this deal.

When we are in good position, we have to make full use of it. I don't see any priority position than Sancho. We need one DM, I think Sancho deal shouldn't kill that deal.
Fair enough.... but we do need a DM, CB, ST & another quality CM to fill in for Pogba and Bruno.

beingshe7don

He's the position that we need most and have needed for years. No natural right sided player in our squad like him, and no depth in the attack. Signing him solves both right away, as Greenwood then becomes the 4th man who rotates for any of the 3, and we use Ighalo and James as the deeper depth players that their level is more appropriate for.
Greenwood has done well, but he's not a natural on the right and is more a scorer than creator, leaving all creativity through the middle with Bruno and Pogba. Sancho just balances it better and solves a whole lot of depth/competition for places issues.
Time and time again we keep overpaying for players.... We spent 80m on Maguire.... which was an absolute joke. Sancho hasn't won anything to be classified as a 90m player and before you compare VVD (Southampton) to Sancho (Dortmund). Which team has a better chance of winning titles?

beingshe7don

RW is a position that hadn't been addressed since Nani left. We tried with Mkhitaryan, but everyone knows how that ended. I don't think there's another position in the team that is so exposed.

I'd also rather spend a large chunk of the budget on one position if that meant world class player, rather than fill the team with mid level players just to cover everything in one transfer window.
That's because Mhiki was an AM. We tried shoehorning players into positions like a square peg in a round hole. Getting Sancho is not going to win us the title. Sancho is not the only world class RW out there.

USREDEVIL

Time and time again we keep overpaying for players.... We spent 80m on Maguire.... which was an absolute joke. Sancho hasn't won anything to be classified as a 90m player and before you compare VVD (Southampton) to Sancho (Dortmund). Which team has a better chance of winning titles?
Pricing always determined by demand and supply, both globally (the market) and locally (the specific buyer) so yeah, but we got what we wanted.

beingshe7don

Pricing always determined by demand and supply, both globally (the market) and locally (the specific buyer) so yeah, but we got what we wanted.
Did we really want Maguire? Since the restart, Lindelof has looked like a better player than him and I don't rate Lindelof all that high.

LoneStar

I have only watched him play a couple of times, but is he really worth 100M+ money?

Coming from a league and team where players have flipped for us. And besides, that’s huge pressure for a 20 year old to carry. Not sure hoa he would cope with that.

Which player is he most similar to? Hazard I guess

USREDEVIL

Did we really want Maguire? Since the restart, Lindelof has looked like a better player than him and I don't rate Lindelof all that high.
At that time we did i assume since we shelled out 80m! But yeah, i'm not sure we got what we really wanted as he's been decent but not amazing...

PoTMS

Have we got to the part where we are in the initial stages of preparing a bid for Sancho? Or am I too early for that?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Sancho is 20 years old, English and in back to back years has had the most assists in Europe, or 2nd to Messi (De Bruyne up there this season). He scored 20 and assisted 20 in all comps, and wasn't far off last season. He's been basically world class already despite his age. Thats why he's worth that money. He's a generational talent, his stats prove it and his underlying stats show it isn't some fluky finishing run either.

Also 80m on Maguire is overspending, but hes still been a very good signing. Our defence was horrendous. Was among the best in the league this season, mainly due to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.