Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stretender

I'm not very sure why Van Dijk's case is the same with Koulibally here. Van Dijk is 29 but Liverpool signed him when he was 26. Liverpool won't spend the same amount on 29 years old Van Dijk.

When people are talking about Koulibally being 29 is about whether the investment is worthy. The price is about 65m to 90m pounds at the moment. Unless if centre back is our final resource that can guarantee us the title like RVP then I can understand it but centre back isn't the only blank we need to fill in and he's not RVP type of influence. If City end up getting him and win the league, that's not because Koulibally alone but because they only need that centre back to complete their team, and we are not
I'm not very sure why Van Dijk's case is the same with Koulibally here. Van Dijk is 29 but Liverpool signed him when he was 26. Liverpool won't spend the same amount on 29 years old Van Dijk.

When people are talking about Koulibally being 29 is about whether the investment is worthy. The price is about 65m to 90m pounds at the moment. Unless if centre back is our final resource that can guarantee us the title like RVP then I can understand it but centre back isn't the only blank we need to fill in and he's not RVP type of influence. If City end up
I don't think that there has been a player that I have wanted more than Sancho. In my opinion he is as talented as Mbappé, at youth level they were as impressive and they both moved to professional football with incredible ease. He could be what Rooney has been for almost a decade, the player that makes us tick and has enough raw talent to influence games even when he is out of form.
He is not on Rooney's level mate sorry. If Rooney did not get injured in 2004, England would have won the Euros. He was too effective and mature for his age. He was a freak of a footballer who was revered not just in Europe but the world. He was the white Pele for a reason although I think that was way over the top but it shows you how Rooney impressed football fans.

beingshe7don

No 1 player is going to win us the title. You need to get that out of your head. Sign Koulibaly at CB, and we don't win the title with our depth in attack. I'm looking towards the 2021/22 season personally.

Sancho doesn't need to win anything to be classified as a 90m player. He's classified as a 90m player because he's just had his age 18 and 19 seasons with ridiculous end product, with great dribbling stats, and is ridiculously skilled. He was an elite prospect prior to going to Dortmund, which is the whole reason why Dortmund bought him in the first place. He's not some unheard of player who Dortmund turned to gold. They gave him playing time, which is what he wanted at City, but didn't get promised. Dortmund should get credit for that, but to take all of the credit would be strange considering how highly thought of he was prior to his move.

To put this into perspective, when was the last time we seen an 18 and 19 year old put up his end product, with his dribbling ability, and with his technical skill in any of the top 5 leagues? In the Championship? In Eredivisie? So if I lower the standard in league, meaning that I include more than just the top 5 leagues and cast a wider less exclusive net, you still struggle to find that sort of profile in a player. This highlights why he's worth as much as he's worth.
I think you don't seem to understand what I was saying. I'm gonna give it a shot one more time. This transfer window is extremely crucial to close the gap with City & Liverpool if we are to pose any title challenge for the upcoming season. We need to buy about 3 players to give us a good chance. We do not have an infinite budget. If we spend 90 odd million on Sancho, can we buy 2 more players? Bruno and Pogba's form tapered towards the end of restart. Do we have sufficient quality in depth? Sancho is a great option no doubt but his strength lies in his chance creation rather than scoring goals. 20 goals in Bundesliga is a little misleading because I don't see him scoring that many in the PL. Our back 4 is not the best in the league. The reason why Liverpool have done so well is that their fullbacks had 23 assists in the league alone. When you talk about attack, please understand, that it's not just about the front 3.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He is not on Rooney's level mate sorry. If Rooney did not get injured in 2004, England would have won the Euros. He was too effective and mature for his age. He was a freak of a footballer who was revered not just in Europe but the world. He was the white Pele for a reason although I think that was way over the top but it shows you how Rooney impressed football fans.
Sancho can reach his level.

cyberman

I think you don't seem to understand what I was saying. I'm gonna give it a shot one more time. This transfer window is extremely crucial to close the gap with City & Liverpool if we are to pose any title challenge for the upcoming season. We need to buy about 3 players to give us a good chance. We do not have an infinite budget. If we spend 90 odd million on Sancho, can we buy 2 more players? Bruno and Pogba's form tapered towards the end of restart. Do we have sufficient quality in depth? Sancho is a great option no doubt but his strength lies in his chance creation rather than scoring goals. 20 goals in Bundesliga is a little misleading because I don't see him scoring that many in the PL. Our back 4 is not the best in the league. The reason why Liverpool have done so well is that their fullbacks had 23 assists in the league alone. When you talk about attack, please understand, that it's not just about the front 3.
But our strikers scores a lot more than Firminho and out midfield outstrips Liverpools which makes up for the fullbacks.
Liverpools attack did not win them the league imo

In Rainbows

Mh, i think the difference between the top 4 leagues is negligible in terms of quality but can be significant in terms of playing style. The bundesliga is a league of transitions, while PL is much more chaotic but also not as open

Weeeeelllll

Aside from the obvious Mbappé?(who's been even better and translated his league performances to CL/International football immediately)

Ousmane Dembele :D
That was my point.

Now go back even further. When was the last time? It doesn't happen often. Most of the hyped up youngsters going back a decade didn't do what he did. The ones that did like Dembele were sold for big money. The point is to say that even when you cast a wide net of players, the list is very small for any teenager to do what he did.

Last edited:

Beaucoup

Why do we have to mount a title challenge next season? Surely it’s about improving the team with the correct players and if we have to wait to sign the next one then so be it, that’s exactly what Klopp did.

Also,your point about Liverpool’s fullbacks assisting 23 goals is irrelevant, it’s all about style of play, after all City won the league in 18/19 with Kyle Walker providing 1 assist.

Man-United

Why has he not played that much 90 minute games? Either subbed off or started on the bench of late.

In Rainbows

Why do we have to mount a title challenge next season? Surely it’s about improving the team with the correct players and if we have to wait to sign the next one then so be it, that’s exactly what Klopp did.
Exactly. It's a false choice to only look at which team will be better for next season. Sancho gives us the best chance to win titles, because when you eventually complete the side, the side will have more quality from the fact that it has him in there.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why has he not played that much 90 minute games? Either subbed off or started on the bench of late.
Dortmund knew he wanted to leave so left him on the bench a few times to play their younger players once the title had gone.

Rolaholic

Yes please.
The rival fan tears would be delicious :drool:

With the way they've turned Bruno into public enemy no.1 already for the impact he's had, Sancho earning penalties too would do their heads in completely :lol::lol:

Judas

Open to offers
I'm surprised how underrated Sancho is on here oddly enough. Is it just because people haven't seen that much of him or they think everyone bought from Dortmund is an automatic flop?

joedirt87

I'm surprised how underrated Sancho is on here oddly enough. Is it just because people haven't seen that much of him or they think everyone bought from Dortmund is an automatic flop?
I will admit I have rarely seen him play. Think it was a game or two against Bayern, and he like the rest of the Dortmund team did nothing. But before the emergence of Greenwood I would have told you anyone that plays the RW position needs to be brought in as it would be an upgrade.

VanGaalEra

Probably a bit of both! Even I’ve probably not seen more than about 10/15 games of his.

Infestissumam

yeah I'm surprised too. Seen a lot of Dortmund and he was easily the league MVP this past season IMO. Can't really think of an attacking player I've wanted us to sign more. He's a game changer.

Houdini

I can see a penalty won by Sancho against City, then scored by Bruno. Unzipping :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.