Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Hmm is this Sky UK's sources then? They don't mention Sky Germany or anything like they usually do.
Probably their own sources, it's quite new information they would accept 100m with add ons.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

Andy_Cole

@Fortitude Thoughts on Sancho possibly playing in the Bruno role for some games (when Bruno needs a rest) which allows us to spend money elsewhere instead of on Grealish?

Ofcourse we're buying him as a RW first and formost but his adaptability at 20 is another reason he's worth so much imo
I think it’ll be Pogba to share that role. With Fred/ McT filling in as a deeper role.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I think 100m with 20m in add ons is a good deal for both sides. I see this happening relatively quickly.
On the contrary I don’t think that’s just such a good deal considering we’re the only club seriously interested in him.

Infestissumam

Bild reported days ago that they are looking at Ikone and Boga as possible replacements. Doubt Sky has any reliable info, their track record has been very spotty to say it mildly.

that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if €100m up front plus €20m in add-ons is really what we end up paying when all is said and done.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Dharmesh Seth on skysports just reclarified what we already know:

- Dortmund want 120m EUR
- United are pushing back, saying 1) it's covid and 2) no one else will offer that amount, it's a one horse race
- Dortmund want the deal done by 10th Aug due to preseason
- Both parties working to get the deal done, structuring the deal is as important as the total size itself
- He reckons the Coman link was just a way to tell Dortmund we can line someone else up if we need to

MalcolmTucker

I think it’ll be Pogba to share that role. With Fred/ McT filling in as a deeper role.
This would make the most sense for me but as we saw with the run-in, Ole didn't bother even trying it. Maybe as there was no room for error, so next season perhaps he'll trust McTominay and Fred a bit more.

Against weak teams that sit back I'm sure we'll have no problems putting Sancho in the #10 and having Greenwood come in on the right.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I don't think this is going to drag out as much as we thought. Sounds like Dortmund want him gone before they start training.

redmanc

Its all good and well saying "its a one horse race lets wait it out" to pay less but by all accounts i dont think Dortumnd want to sell or are desperate for cash, so the only ones hurting here are us, unless of course Sancho tries to force through a move.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I don't think this is going to drag out as much as we thought. Sounds like Dortmund want him gone before they start training.
So they want this done before they start training AND also ensure they get full asking price one way or another?

Not sure it works that way.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Because that is why people are keen on him coming?:rolleyes:
It makes sense to have someone to cover if Bruno can't play.
Saves £80m(:lol:) on Grealish too.
Indeed 80m is ridiculous! but I'd rather play Pogba as AM than Sancho, if Bruno can't play. McSauce is good enough to play alongside Matic or Fred behind the AM.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Its all good and well saying "its a one horse race lets wait it out" to pay less but by all accounts i dont think Dortumnd want to sell or are desperate for cash, so the only ones hurting here are us, unless of course Sancho tries to force through a move.
They brought in Haaland, Bellingham & Meunièr. Covid also happened. Going forward, they’d also risk a lower net profit on Sancho by waiting another year and receiving less money while also paying another years worth of wages to him which is a decent outlay no doubt.

I think there’s a reason why we’re confidently holding back paying the full sum.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Dharmesh Seth on skysports just reclarified what we already know:

- Dortmund want 120m EUR
- United are pushing back, saying 1) it's covid and 2) no one else will offer that amount, it's a one horse race
- Dortmund want the deal done by 10th Aug due to preseason
- Both parties working to get the deal done, structuring the deal is as important as the total size itself
- He reckons the Coman link was just a way to tell Dortmund we can line someone else up if we need to
This is the most important factor and why I think we will still pay the full 120m euros.
Arsenal signed Pepe for 80m euros despite only paying 10m.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I’m honestly laughing at all the ITK stuff I read on reddit last week about how the deal was almost done. Never buying into that bollocks again :lol:

Thisistheone

For the roles he plays, Bruno's work-rate is quite spectacular and I think we have to be aware it's not normal for an offensive midfielder (not in a Pep side) to be so studious on the other side of the ball - Pogba is more the prototypical AM with his lapses in focus and lack of awareness sometimes to make up for his own error or misplaced pass. Not a dig at Pogba, just a very normal reaction for most offensive midfielders to have, and as far as I've seen, Sancho is more your typical offensive midfielder when he loses the ball so you definitely have to consider that when placing him in a midfield with Pogba and not be pissed off at either of them for not being switched on as they're not outliers in regard to what you normally get from a player there.

But in terms of versatility, absolutely Sancho starts one postion, covers for the other flank any time it's needed, and for me, would be the smartest choice as cover for Fernandes if we didn't put Pogba there - either way, there's a player who can take on the role and influence play, but just needs the correct set up behind him to optimise his particular style.

Funny, in a half-decade or so it's Iniesta who I believe Sancho will be most compared to. That is to say, when his flank days are over and he moves in-field full-time.
Iniesta is an interesting shout. Sancho's touch and neat interplay are definitely world class.

Yeah I guess PP could play that role, as long as Ole trusts him there. My memory might be wrong but can't recall Pogba playing the role this season pre Fernandes. Could be another option though. As I said earlier, really feeling CB is a big area of improvement needed for us, over say, someone as expensive as Grealish.

SATA

All posturing at the end of the day. It's frustrating for us fans but that's the way transfers work. Both clubs want it to happen, it will happen

SATA

I’m honestly laughing at all the ITK stuff I read on reddit last week about how the deal was almost done. Never buying into that bollocks again :lol:
It was fun and intriguing to read it at first but after De Ligt last summer, i have learnt not to believe a word anymore. I mean why would a high ranking official with such confidential information post on a forum board and risk being found out and with his job on the line as well?

Jackal981

I'm feckin' sure Rio is a regular on the CAF :D
Surely there are players / ex players here lurking around or even posting. Especially the current squad. Do you believe Rashford never heard or browse redcafe ?

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
This is the most important factor and why I think we will still pay the full 120m euros.
Arsenal signed Pepe for 80m euros despite only paying 10m.
Honestly if the upfront payment is £80m I’d totally be okay with paying the rest later. Just want us to be able to bring in 3 new signings. And really good ones.

That’ll be the difference in challenging for the title as early as next year or having to wait another year.

Presently, City & Chelsea need key defensive reinforcements to be able to mount a serious challenge. Spurs, Leicester and Arsenal are also short of a few players. We’re in a good position to be able to challenge Liverpool right away if we play our cards right. The year after, it’ll be much tougher.

Squeaky Bumtime

I bet Rashford is one of most prominent Rashford critics in his performance thread, he does that just for fun, to spike things up.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
You bought into it in the first place?
To be frank, not completely but when I started reading about these ITKs’ credibility and how they supposedly have solid networks, I thought okay well they sound quite assured.

Turns out they’re riding the same bandwagon as others. It’s called the bollocks bandwagon. :lol:

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Internet forums are actually a bit old fashioned, more likely players in the 24-30 range might know it. So maybe Lingard/Smalling/Jones etc.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
It was fun and intriguing to read it at first but after De Ligt last summer, i have learnt not to believe a word anymore. I mean why would a high ranking official with such confidential information post on a forum board and risk being found out and with his job on the line as well?
EXACTLY!!!

Im pretty sure this guy you’re talking about was the reason I bought into that crap to begin with!

The guy who works for a German club. I’m forgetting the details but something like that.

Even if he did want to risk his job like that, the guy has time after his 9-5 to Then get on reddit as an ITK for a side job. Yeah sure bud! :lol: :lol:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I've never had less faith in 'English sources' with regard to one of our transfers than with this. News will break from Germany and they'll sheepishly, and uniformly piggyback it when the time comes.

gajender

I've never had less faith in 'English sources' with regard to one of our transfers than with this. News will break from Germany and they'll sheepishly, and uniformly piggyback it when the time comes.
That's bs to be honest United have regularly briefed English press about this transfer.

Jericholyte2

As we’ve all said far too much smoke not to happen, will imagine something in the region of €90-95m with €25-30m in add-ons.

Chairman Steve

This. I swear it’s always a trusted foreign source first then English media will shrug their shoulders and say nothing official initially. Like clockwork.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Basically 2 days later once they’ve realized it’s the most sellable piece of info :lol:

To be honest, not everyone is as up to date as we are on these forums.

I’ll give you my own example. I didn’t even know Caf existed until 2 years ago!

Till then my source for transfer gossip was ESPNFC, BBC & SKY with rare visits to Goal. Now I’d laugh if I ever used ESPN, SKY or Goal again. Barely even check BBC anymore.

But the stereotypical and generic audiences usually get their transfer news from these aforementioned sources.

0le

So when do you guys think the deal will be done? I think the first week of September. I'm going for 3rd Sept.

zenith

I hope we drive a hard bargain for once. 120 million is an absurd amount in a post Covid world.

Hopefully a deal of around 80 million pounds polis achievable add on can be done

Status
Not open for further replies.