Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Dortmund is really taking the piss if they think they can scare us with a deadline.

The amount being demanded is no joke by any means and it does not justify a deadline whatsoever. Almost sounds like they kidnapped Sancho whose now being held for ransom. :lol:

That too a club of Dortmunds level. I’d be genuinely scared of this deadline if it was a top 5, maybe even top 10 club as they’d be financial more secure and able to hold on to Sancho for another year. Not Dortmund and certainly not post covid.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Not sure how reliable this guy is but I got this via United Journal.

I’m glad we’re not paying over the top, if true.

L1nk

Dortmund is really taking the piss if they think they can scare us with a deadline.

The amount being demanded is no joke by any means and it does not justify a deadline whatsoever. Almost sounds like they kidnapped Sancho whose now being held for ransom. :lol:

That too a club of Dortmunds level. I’d be genuinely scared of this deadline if it was a top 5, maybe even top 10 club as they’d be financial more secure and able to hold on to Sancho for another year. Not Dortmund and certainly not post covid.
If he were United's player, you'd be praising them up, as i'm sure most were doing during the Ronaldo saga.

He's Dortmund's player and they technically have the right to demand any sum that they want to be paid by any deadline they want.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
If he were United's player, you'd be praising them up, as i'm sure most were doing during the Ronaldo saga.

He's Dortmund's player and they technically have the right to demand any sum that they want to be paid by any deadline they want.
I get all that but I just don’t buy this conviction they seem to be selling in their tone. The whole world seems to be in trouble except Dortmund. You don’t say.

I’m sure the deal will happen this summer only. Might take time but oh well, as long as we get him.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

That’s a huge fecking gamble and one I’d rather not take. Too many teams will be in for him next summer and no guarantee we will make top 4. Just pay up and take the hit. We can make it up in revenue and by qualifying again for the Champions League. We are talking about a 20 year old who is going to one of the best. Proper value for money.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Negotiation tactic. Probably old news as well. Like two weeks this happened.
That last line, as blatant as it sounds, is fairly new amidst all the recent noise. Such clarity was nowhere to be found when ‘both parties were confident of a deal’ just days ago.

cyberman

Good. No point in letting Dortmund take the piss. Puts a hole in their appeal of letting players develop so they can move on up mantra that keeps getting peddled from Germany

Giggsyking

we will get him eventually. Ed Woodwrad trying to minimize the fee as much as possible. Even 1 or 2 millions can make a difference for him.

ChaddyP

That last line, as blatant as it sounds, is fairly new amidst all the recent noise. Such clarity was nowhere to be found when ‘both parties were confident of a deal’ just days ago.
It's why I feel if it were true... It was true weeks ago and not necessarily true at this point. He could just be fed old news

Ricky Spanish

I'll be gutted if we don't get him. Feels like years now I've been wanting this player in a United shirt. Come on Woody...

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
It's why I feel if it were true... It was true weeks ago and not necessarily true at this point. He could just be fed old news
Could be but I’ve mostly read between the lines all week instead of analyzing all the reports that came out..

United is interested in Sancho - Genuine.
We are the only club in for him - Genuine.
Planning to spend our funds wisely and cautiously post covid - Genuine.

Based on point 2 - my feeling is we will play the waiting game since Dortmund doesn’t really have a choice but to wait. Nobody else is competing with us.

Based on point 3 - we may just walk away. As bad as it sounds, we might just do it. I hope not but Dortmund needs a reality check maybe.

Well probably only spend full 120m if we can get rid of some deadwood which isn’t looking all that likely atm. But the window just opened. Hence why this deadline of Aug 10 isn’t realistic enough. Too soon.

jackal&hyde

Yeah the athletic have said this week that the deadline isn’t a strict one so don’t be surprised if the deal happens after it. They’re saying £60m upfront and the rest in add-ons, which will appease all parties involved.
It's going to happen i think. It's just posturing from Dortmund to make their fans forget that they are not a big club like Bayern, or Leicester.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
There you go. Exactly what I’ve been saying. And if I’m not mistaken Bild is reliable no?

Rolaholic

Don't listen to Likes of Odgen please he seems to be completely out of touch ever since he has Joined Espn .
I hear you and generally not a fan of the ESPNFC pundit team (they're the most blatantly biased/ABU one around by far) and journos but it sounds like other journo's are saying the same this morning.

Really do hope we don't dither around and can get it done soon, don't want to have a repeat of Bruno last summer.

Also don't think we should chance it until next summer when the market will likely see a slight return to normalcy and more clubs will be in the picture. If we have a free run we need to take advantage for a change.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Good. No point in letting Dortmund take the piss. Puts a hole in their appeal of letting players develop so they can move on up mantra that keeps getting peddled from Germany
Fully agree there mate. They need to come back down from cloud 9 ffs.

Langers7274

Every club will be hit by hard by Covid so for Dortmund to suggest that they would be willing to hang on to Sancho for another year whilst reducing his stock value in the hope of generating an auction is ludicrous. Independant have stated that a £60m fee has been agreed as a down payment (who knows if this is true), Dortmund want £100m, Utd don't want to break English transfer record, I'm thinking this will get done around £85m mark since the auction Dortmund are hoping for clearly isn't there and that we're the only club interested!

Rolaholic

The dribbling ability adding Sancho to our front 3 would bring is :drool:

Opposing defenders won't know what to do :lol:

gorky_utd

Hope that the deal is concluded. Not bothered about missing out on players like Gabriel whereas Sancho is a different case. No guarantee he will sign for us next summer because a lot of club will be after him. Plus he can sign a new deal in meantime also. 120m is too much but we are talking about a 20 year old english talent and the club did reach top 4 which should generate some extra revenue.

jem

September/October I reckon. The longer Dortmund hold him the more his value goes down. We aren’t in any rush to break the bank when he’ll lose at least £20m in his valuation by Jan.
What I hope is that any delay in signing Sancho won't have an effect on other signings. If we were to sign a defensive midfielder and/or a centre-back over the next few weeks, that would go a long way towards calming the anxieties, I feel.

United58

September/October I reckon. The longer Dortmund hold him the more his value goes down. We aren’t in any rush to break the bank when he’ll lose at least £20m in his valuation by Jan.
Other teams could come in for him after this summer, especially if he keeps up his form. Also, the quality in our team is front-loaded to just a few players, we need to get in more quality players as soon as possible.

I think we'll leave it late this window if we have to, but it will be done this window (or at least Ole will push hard for that)

Terminator

One more good season and every big club on gods green earth will be fighting for him next summer. I honestly dont think United stand a chance if likes of Real/Barca come into the picture.

Jackal981

The irony. :lol:

All you have done is post ad nauseam in lazy cliches about how incompetent super rich Ed Woodward and Manchester United are and how well drilled Dortmund and Zorg or whoever it is are.
Hope we met his team in CL next year and smash em with Sancho scoring. Would pay to see his face

Status
Not open for further replies.