Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

AneRu

We only have to look at the Rio and Rooney signings which ended up looking like peanuts because of the length of time those two stayed and the level of performances they delivered which contributed to our success.

We also have to remember that we walked away from the Hazard signing supposedly on account of £6m agent fees. Literally every player we signed for that LW cum AM role from 2012 failed to live up to expectations whilst Hazard helped Chelsea to trophies. His class enabled Chelsea to negotiate multiple transitions, they have been equally unstable as us but having a top attacker as talisman helped them whilst we had to negotiate the post Fergie hangover with the likes of Rooney also coming to the end of their careers.

If ever there was a deal we had to push out the boat for it is this one. Hopefully Dortmund accept manageable installments such that we can add one or two more players to him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think it'll probably be announced on Friday.

Once the deal is fully agreed he will have to fly here, do his medical and photo's etc.

We will obviously want to make a lot of noise for this one, its a huge transfer with a star player.

I know people are waiting urgently but we will probably see a "here we go" before that point at least.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I hope he will be judged at the same high standards the likes of Pogba are judged.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I agree.but if we do that and we have Sancho on the right then ole has a big decision to make either rashford or martial has to be benched
Why should Greenwood start over those 2? He's still very young and physically developing. To avoid burn out and injury, all 4 could be rotated successfully given the amount of games likely to be played

Inigo Montoya

I hope he will be judged at the same high standards the likes of Pogba are judged.
You mean: lazy,casual,can't be arsed to be here, bad attitude,fails to deliver,sloppy,thinks he's bigger than the club...etc

These have been some of the judgements I've read on here! :wenger:

Just hope we're patient with him!

arthurka

For anyone wanting to see our new no.7 in action! Albeit in Dortmund training gear
If you like to see the Brummie legend JB he comes smiling from pole to pole around the 1 hour mark, 1:02:00 to be accurate. Lovely singing also.

Inigo Montoya

Dis gonna b good :drool::drool:
Click bait. Doubt if he knows more than anyone else.

Just watching the vid and there's a good number of sweaty goals in there which is good. We don't seem to score enough of those. Sterling gets a high percentage of goals like that.

Adam-Utd

For all the people worrying and saying "he'd be nothing without Hakimi over lapping" he really isn't involved all that much for his goals/assists. Apart from a few tap ins he makes them all by himself mainly.

KennyBurner

Is he really worth that much?
Dont think there will ever be a time were we spend less than 60 for a worldclass talent. It seems only United get this treatment. Its whatever, hopefully this is the catalyst that sees us dominate for the next 5 years or so. Our attackers are young so there is hope all this overspending will pay off.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Daily Mail I think are the first English outlet to suggest we are getting the finance package together now, so hopefully we see more of the same from outlets here.

Inigo Montoya

Isn't this what's been stated for a while now? The installment style payment route?

led_scholes

Quite an eyeopener how our revenue streams have switched so dramatically over the last 10 years.

It just goes to show that whether or not we make the CL, it really isn't that important anymore.

The broadcasting revenues from the Premier League far outstrip any other additional income from Europe, and of course our Commercial success as being the most recognised sporting brand in the world
A bit off topic, I know, just wanted to say that we are and we will remain a top brand. However, you cant be unsuccessful for a big period (we are already 7 years in no mans land) and remain as a top 3 brand forever. Sooner or later we have to become more successful in the pitch as we will eventually fall behind commercially. CL is important not just because of TV and prize money but because of exposure. Of course, you also have to challenge and be antagonistic and not just participate as Arsenal did post 2011.

Anyway, SanchON!

Stretender

You mean: lazy,casual,can't be arsed to be here, bad attitude,fails to deliver,sloppy,thinks he's bigger than the club...etc

These have been some of the judgements I've read on here! :wenger:

Just hope we're patient with him!
Since everyone else now knows that signing Sancho is now just a formality , Robbie Fowler has written an article in the Daily Mirror, saying Sancho has a bad attitude thats why Klopp didn't sign him. I can't trust anything a Liverpool player or fan says about United, he comes accross as very bitter in the article itself. But do you guys think these romours of a bad attitude have nothing in them? I would like to think United have done a due diligence like they like to do before buying a player.

GJNJ

Isn't this what's been stated for a while now? The installment style payment route?
I think it largely the same although the tone seems to have changed. That might be that BVB are willing to work towards it or that there is only so many ways you can rehash something.

I think some of the earlier info was that they wanted most of it upfront now it seems they have relaxed that a bit.

Infestissumam

ah So still nothing our side then!
nope, but that doesn't worry me at all. The reliable ones like Stone will only get into the act when it's done and dusted, and that still seems to be a bit away. I mean, he's training with Dortmund today, so there's nothing imminent yet.

Stevondo8

Since everyone else now knows that signing Sancho is now just a formality , Robbie Fowler has written an article in the Daily Mirror, saying Sancho has a bad attitude thats why Klopp didn't sign him. I can't trust anything a Liverpool player or fan says about United, he comes accross as very bitter in the article itself. But do you guys think these romours of a bad attitude have nothing in them? I would like to think United have done a due diligence like they like to do before buying a player.
A lot of what Ole says about transfers is that’s it’s as much about the person as the talent. I imagine Sancho’s England teammates have had some involvement as character references.

Adam-Utd

It's not so much what he's worth, more what it takes to buy him.

To us is a world class English forward who can play multiple positions worth that much? in the long run yes.

It's not only a physical boost but a mental one too. Similarly to how Bruno effected us positively, this shouts "we're back in business" and the top players in the world still see us as attractive.

For me it's worth every penny.

romufc

We paid £80m to sort our defence out last year.

Paying £100m for Sancho is worth it IMO. He is 20 and could be a mainstay in this team for a long time to come.

There are various factors, manutd are desperate to sign him, his demand will be there in one year due to his wages, his stats this year were brilliant.

If we get him, we could have potentially 4 £100m players in our front line.

Inigo Montoya

Robbie 'homophobe' Fowler?

I wouldn't trust anything a property developer says

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
I don't know if this point has been made already but we signed Maguire on a 5th (number 5).. AWB on 29th (number 29) and Matic on 31st ( #31).

Can't wait for 7th August!

*from reddit. Somebody verify this.

Superunknown

I don't know if this point has been made already but we signed Maguire on a 5th (number 5).. AWB on 29th (number 29) and Matic on 31st ( #31).

That's some real George R.R. Martin style foreshadowing there.

Adam-Utd

would fall perfectly for this Friday which is the day I suspected it would be announced :lol: would be funny if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.