Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Sign average players, wave a magic wand and make them perform as fantastic players.

I can't wait for Sancho to prove how magical he will make the rw.
:lol: yep we don’t want to sign players that are too good now do we?! What if they get injured?! :lol: ffs am I having an Amadeus moment? Is this how you do it?

Delano

I can't believe people would question this signing.

We don't have a natural RW in our whole squad. We have Mata, Lingard, James and Greenwood there as options. I love Greenwood, but if he's not playing, the gap in quality is massive.

With Sancho, we get a player we've been crying out for since Nani (!) - an actual RW to help change the dynamic of our attack and help compensate AWBs lack of attacking ability.

Reactions: Penna

VanGaalEra

It's odd some fans can't see that our signings from last summer until now have all been carefully thought out, long termers.
We're very deliberately piecing together a great team here. City did it a decade ago, and we've seen Liverpool do it recently.

Bruno was the signing that really tied together what we already had, but having another star player attacker can only help.

Greenwood did well there for a month at the end of the season, but is still developing, not a wide player, and gives us great cover across the forward line now.
Ighalo helps as well.

All a fair cry from last summer, hoping Rashford and Martial would play 60 games, backed only by average choices on the right wing and a totally untried kid.
That’s the thing, with this signing it gives us a lot more cover along the front line. Martial gets injured, Mason comes in. Rashford gets injured, Martial can move to the left, Mason can go up front. Sancho can even move to the left, Martial can stay up front and Mason will go to the right. It’s ideal.

I’m hoping we sign another player in MF (VDB or Grealish, understand Grealish is off limits) and a CB. But if this signing restricts us to only one of the two, I’m happy, I’d rather have Sancho.

Agreed, we are building a solid foundation and team with a vision for the type of player we want. In total, we’re 5 players off having a great squad IMO (4 after Sancho). If it takes another two windows to get there, so be it. Let’s have a little patience.

MrSingh2002

Glad he has started preseason with Dortmund already. He's got a full pre season ahead of him to get into shape.

If he's in shape our front 6 will be deadly.

swedishgloryhunter

:lol: yep we don’t want to sign players that are too good now do we?! What if they get injured?! :lol: ffs am I having an Amadeus moment? Is this how you do it?
Last season we had pogba and rashford out and it was talk about relegation. Any new creative player should be welcomed with open arms. I think people need to remember this moving forward.

RoyH1

I don’t want to get my hopes up, brethren. I’ve been hurt before.

MrSingh2002

Martial
Rashford Fernandes Sancho
Matic Pogba
LB Badiashile Maguire AWB
De Gea

Two more signings off having a shit hot 11. Get me a left back and a starter centreback and it will be the most anticipated season since Jose signed Pogba atleast.

We can sign the Matic replacement next year unless McTominay makes it his own.

100% I'd sign the Spanish leftback just to give Dave a new Spanish friiiieeennd.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Can't agree more.

60 games means 45 on average for each. Hell that's a lot already.

Sometime I can't understand the logic of the caf. If we don't sign better players, they moan. If we sign better players, they still moan. What the feck are we supposed to do ??
Come on now bud. One “Amadeus moment” :lol: does not equate to the entire logic of the Caf.

passing-wind

Sancho is a world class talent, if people are doubting his ability I have no idea what the expectation is for teenagers he's already one of the best forwards in Europe. I did at one point feel he was genuinely being overrated but the hype at that given time has died down. If we get this over the line it's hats off to the management stemming from Ole to the hierarchy as it's a huge signing. Bigger promising signing beyond Pogba due to his age maybe falls just short of Ronaldo.

TheReligion

Abusive
Martial
Rashford Fernandes Sancho
Matic Pogba
LB Badiashile Maguire AWB
De Gea

Two more signings off having a shit hot 11. Get me a left back and a starter centreback and it will be the most anticipated season since Jose signed Pogba atleast.

We can sign the Matic replacement next year unless McTominay makes it his own.
Shaw is fine

MattofManchester

Forego Sancho at the last minute(fax error, anyone?),
Sign Jeff Hendrick instead for double the price.

Everybody wins. Everybody happy. Yay?

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
Sancho is a world class talent, if people are doubting his ability I have no idea what the expectation is for teenagers he's already one of the best forwards in Europe. I did at one point feel he was genuinely being overrated but the hype at the given time was blown out of context. If we get this over the line it's hats off to the management stemming from Ole to the hierarchy as it's a huge signing. Bigger promising signing beyond Pogba due to his age maybe falls just short of Ronaldo.
Ya imo you guys are making a steal here (and people will realise that in 1-2 years) and everyone should rather be happy that Sancho is even willing to join United because I'm sure he could pick any club he wanted (he certainly could next summer).
You don't get such a chance that often and if it weren't for Sane I'd feel even we are missing out here (we were close to signing him before he went to Dortmund).

Borys

Statistics Wizard
It seems like everovody is on board with this transfer. I think some comparisons are over the top but people are getting super excited that's for sure.

sp_107

Trying not to get too hyped but things are certainly looking promising, fingers crossed!
Dont get too excited, This signing is just to compliment AWB on right side just like a new speedy left footed CD to compliment Harry.

Ole is trying to fix his last summer transfer mistakes ;)

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You having a bad day pal? Maybe it's time to take a break from the Internet.
Sorry mate, I was just joking around. I have redcafe on one monitor and was watching Anchorman on another :lol:

klayton88

You know we'll play him on the left and have another season of AWB pretending he can do the RW job.

sosolid4u09

Why would we do that? Rashford has made lw to his.
He really hasn't. Hes still very raw. He plays like a youngster whos just broken through into the team, despite having 4 years under his belt. Hes the weak link out of martial rashford greenwood. Id still start him next year and drop greenwood because of his age but if mason continues on this trajectory rashford might soon find himself as the first sub off the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.