Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I want the transfer to happen. I think it will happen.

I'm just not sure this bid exists.

It might but there is conflicting reports so who knows.
The problem now is that Romano knows that he's popular with the United fans and that we'll likely believe anything he says, so he'll just look for the latest information from anywhere it seems and report it.

Fjortoft is having a mare. You can't go from saying he understands a serious bid has been made and is under consideration to then saying a few hours later that no new bid has been made and theres nothing new to report. Surely people have to be questioning his sources now? I don't know.

Berger, well, i don't know enough about him, but yeah... It seems like someone was briefed about a new bid and a few of the big journos ran with it, so it's come from SOMEWHERE. Where though, who knows, but something is going on thats for sure

TheReligion

Abusive

Battle of the Journos right now. Some say new bid and some say there isn't.

Again though clear the package has to meet the 95 mil mark
I think it's quite clear. He's saying they're doesn't need to be a new bid. A bid is in and the club's are negotiating the terms of that bid to reach an agreement.

They're doesn't need to be a new bid, just renegotiation of the terms of the submitted one.

This is why conflicting things are being said.

spaceboyRSA

I actually feel sorry for Romano. He gets spammed every day with tonnes tweets along the lines of “any news on sancho to united”… and people moan when he keeps repeating the same thing all the time. Probably wouldn’t be so repetitive if people just left him alone to announce as and when updates actually happen

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Even greedy Dortmund would not turn down such a giant deal just for the slight difference of a couple millions, right?
If it were to be rejected it would have happen 2hrs ago now, It's a BIG BIG DAY you can pull your trouser to the floor now :drool:

downxandxout

Supports Manc...ini
I actually feel sorry for Romano. He gets spammed every day with tonnes tweets along the lines of “any news on sancho to united”… and people moan when he keeps repeating the same thing all the time. Probably wouldn’t be so repetitive if people just left him alone to announce as and when updates actually happen
Yeah but then again the more engagement he gets the better it is for him financially so I bet he doesn't mind.

lysglimt

Scout
Why do people get so obsessed with this bid thing ? This isn't Football manager.

laughtersassassin

We have made a bid. I've just explained it to you. We are now negotiating the terms.

There doesn't need to be a new formal bid every day. There's one in that's not far off and the club's are negotiating to finalise it.
The one in form a few weeks ago is 11 mil off. So still a gap to make up.

People where discussing this "New" bid because multiple people reported on it this morning. And that the bid was closer. Now maybe the bid didn't happen. It's anyone's guess at this stage.

It's not that deep.

TheReligion

Abusive

People where discussing this "New" bid because multiple people reported on it this morning. And that the bid was closer. Now maybe the bid didn't happen. It's anyone's guess at this stage.

It's not that deep.
I don't think you understand.

How do you think it works?

You put a bid in and then negotiate. That's it. Then you withdraw and come away or agree and sign the player. If you withdraw from negotiations and come back again then that's a new bid.

We are currently negotiating the terms of our bid. The bid is in.

I'm not sure what's difficult about this.

Judas

Open to offers

It's not that deep.
You get positive news and you still want to be negative :lol: seems obvious you just enjoy whinging.

laughtersassassin

I don't think you understand.

How do you think it works?

You put a bid in and then negotiate. That's it. Then you withdraw and come away or agree and sign the player. If you withdraw from negotiations and come back again then that's a new bid.

We are currently negotiating the terms of our bid. The bid is in.

I'm not sure what's difficult about this.
I understand mate. Not sure why your so up in arms honestly....

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

It's not that deep.
I understand what TheReligion is saying. There will likely only ever be one bid that goes in. We then negotiate that bid and say "Ok, we'll increase the offer to £xxM but we want to pay £xxM upfront as a fee over X amount of years, and add another £x(x)M when these stipulations are met".

I can see where the confusion has come from in that case. It's likely United have been negotiating and then come back with a revised offer, but with their being a bid in already (although rejected, it won't be wiped away so to speak), there will be no new "official" bid to report. Dortmund will consider this revision and either reject (as in pass it back to United and say nearly, but not quite) or accept it. Either way, the bid never actually gets rejected in the sense that it's gone and we have to reapproach.

Thats how i'm interpreting it anyway

laughtersassassin

You get positive news and you still want to be negative :lol: seems obvious you just enjoy whinging.
What about that post is negative? I think the deal will happen!

That post literally just described the current known things reported on.

spaceboyRSA

Yeah but then again the more engagement he gets the better it is for him financially so I bet he doesn't mind.
Of course he doesn’t mind.I just struggle to understand why people get frustrated at him recycling info when answering the same question over and over. If there is no new info, the answer will be the same until there is

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
It’s time we should all be excited! We’re about to get a proper right winger and solve the problem we’ve had for years by playing strikers there or playmakers such as Juan mata. Future looks good, amad and sancho for right wing, Greenwood and cavani for striker, rashford and martial for left wing! Booom! #GGMU

Rolaholic

Remember deals can't be done while players at the euros
I get the point but that's a bit different given that Barca only had to negotiate with the player directly instead of a club...

Big difference in negotiations for players on a free compared to players still under contract elsewhere

laughtersassassin

I get the point but that's a bit different given that Barca only had to negotiate with the player directly instead of a club...

Big difference in negotiations for players on a free compared to players still under contract elsewhere
Aye but the the euros has no affect on negotiating with the club. Only with the player who we have agreed with.

laughtersassassin

It’s a lot different when the player is on a free. Not even comparable.
Correct but since we have already agreed with player and his agents the euros has no affect in agreeing with his club.

So the tournament isn't what's stopping us getting this done really.

El Zoido

Correct but since we have already agreed with player and his agents the euros has no affect in agreeing with his club.

So the tournament isn't what's stopping us getting this done really.
Doesn’t mean it should go any faster. Shame we don’t have oil money and can just write blank cheques.

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
I understand what TheReligion is saying. There will likely only ever be one bid that goes in. We then negotiate that bid and say "Ok, we'll increase the offer to £xxM but we want to pay £xxM upfront as a fee over X amount of years, and add another £x(x)M when these stipulations are met".

I can see where the confusion has come from in that case. It's likely United have been negotiating and then come back with a revised offer, but with their being a bid in already (although rejected, it won't be wiped away so to speak), there will be no new "official" bid to report. Dortmund will consider this revision and either reject (as in pass it back to United and say nearly, but not quite) or accept it. Either way, the bid never actually gets rejected in the sense that it's gone and we have to reapproach.

Thats how i'm interpreting it anyway
Your interpretation is weird. What’s not to understand about a bid (an offer) being a bid.
If it isn’t accepted and you bid (offer) again then that’s another bid (another / different offer). The same as bidding at an auction or on eBay, how can it possibly be confusing to anyone?

A negotiation can include dozens of differently constructed offers / different bids - you can therefore have many bids as part of a negotiation but each bid is in the form of an offer and each different offer is another bid.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
This thread is full of twitter lies and caf members that think they know how things work behind the scenes.... you don't.
Twitter journalists know nothing either. They are just driving traffic to their brand by telling lies all day every day. They know feck all. The rest of you in here know feck all.

So stop bickering and be happy if it happenes and dont be one bit surprised if it doesn't.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
How? You don’t earn money from engagement with Tweets at all. He literally earns £0 from his Twitter account.

You cannot earn money through engagement with Tweets, he does this all for free & as part of his job.

The act of Tweeting earns him £0 no matter how many people engage with him.

As far as I know he doesn’t sell merch too and even that is different to football fans foaming at the mouth to want to know who their club is gonna sign

Withnail

How? You don’t earn money from engagement with Tweets at all. He literally earns £0 from his Twitter account.

You cannot earn money through engagement with Tweets, he does this all for free & as part of his job.

As far as I know he doesn’t sell merch too and even that is different to football fans foaming at the mouth to want to know who their club is gonna sign
A load of 'Here we go' t-shirts out of the back of his car, no?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This thread is full of twitter lies and caf members that think they know how things work behind the scenes.... you don't.
Twitter journalists know nothing either. They are just driving traffic to their brand by telling lies all day every day. They know feck all. The rest of you in here know feck all.

So stop bickering and be happy if it happenes and dont be one bit surprised if it doesn't.
Sounds like we’ve got an ITK here

feck me, have a think lad. The more popular he is on twitter, the more clicks his articles get, the more money the publications make, the more money he can demand for his services.

“Does it for free”.

Status
Not open for further replies.