Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I don't really believe him to be honest. Seems like he tweets updates as if he's in the room with the agents and all. Little tidbits and stuff make it sound like a redissue or something.
It's because he repeats info so, so often whilst using different words and combining it with other repetitive Tweets. He's chosen that path after getting so much pressure from his followers for constant updates. Really, if he Tweeted less often but offered more meaningful info, he'd be better. He still has good info and acts as a good quality control to so many of the rumours, but he really shouldn't Tweet this often.

Anyways, expect way more of these Tweets throughout the summer, especially about Sancho.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It's because he repeats info so, so often whilst using different words and combining it with other repetitive Tweets. He's chosen that path after getting so much pressure from his followers for constant updates. Really, if he Tweeted less often but offered more meaningful info, he'd be better.

Anyways, expect way more of these Tweets throughout the summer.
Exactly. More pertinent tweets get more attention, so his answer is to post regurgitated info to get the same interactions, imo. He's still worth listening to but I'd want to see a corroboration for other hacks, now.

Scholsey2004

Question. When people say brits, is it referring to only Englishmen or includes welsh and Scottish as well?
Britain and British are terms that have meant different things in different periods. It has been the name of the whole island chain including Ireland, later the romans used it to include the parts theyd conquered, modern England and Wales, referring to modern Scotland seperately as Caledonia which enabled them to claim they had conquered Britain. Now we tend to use the term Great Britain or just Britain to describe the whole island or as an alternative to United Kingdom which would include Northern Ireland as well or even all overseas territories as well . You would imagine if Scotland became independent that the term would gradually contract to England and Wales again. Basically theyre pretty loose terms that can refer to different things in different contexts.

Last edited:

Red Comet

Just pray we get the dortmund version.
Our last 2 signings from Dortmund didn't exactly worked out unfortunately. I'm apprehensive about this, especially since we have Amad and Pellestri that's signed to play in the same position.

HailtotheKing

He was terrible for us. And left after 1 season was it? But fair point.
Funny, I remember him being brilliant and then Leicester happened. After that LVG totally changed his way of playing and froze Rafael out. And Di Maria just faded out. Still think he could have been brilliant for us. With José for example. What coulda been. Yet now people only remember him as complete crap. Bit sad really.

meamth

Not sure how he would fit in the Chelsea team. They are pretty stocked across the front three positions.
Got a feeling that Haaland if he is going to move this year, it'll probably Chelsea with CHO trade + fees.

If Haaland goes to Chelsea, only Kane is the viable option for the ST position.

The dream transfer window for us is to have both Kane and Sancho...:drool::drool:

But of course that won't happen.

HailtotheKing

I actually wouldn't mind waiting a bit to see how he does in the Euros. No one else will be in for him anyway at the 95m euros price so there's no risk to us in waiting.
Not so sure about that. There are teams with money and that’s not so much money really. Plus if Chelsea decided to buy Haaland, then Dortmund would no longer need to sell. Bit risky no? Also if we sign Sancho early we can move on to our other transfers. Plus it’s more likely Pogba will want to stay once he finally sees some intent. Finally, if we sign Sancho conversely they won’t need to sell Haaland to Chelsea cos they’ll have the money. Everything is connected and it would be positive to show that we’re getting our shit together and acting early for once. I don’t count Donny, he was like a gift from Edwin. No negotiation needed on that one.

Last edited:

snk123

Really hope we sign him after the Euros. Would be better to see him perform for England - its not like his price will increase even if he has a good tournament

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Really hope we sign him after the Euros. Would be better to see him perform for England - its not like his price will increase even if he has a good tournament
If we are working based on some budgetary constraint, we will need to close his deal ASAP to figure out what's left in the budget/tank for the other deals. If the gap is £20M plus agent fees, add-ons, that could affect quite a few transfer targets downstream.

20solskjaer

I really dont get this place sometimes, days of people complaining about the club dragging it heels and not getting this done, chelsea and city would have sorted this by now blah blah blah

not some want to wait another 4 weeks until after the euros :houllier:

we should be looking to get this done asap

Jpar

Happy Sancho Day! Todays the day. Fee agreed. Transfer subject to medical after the Euros. If not, enjoy the Euros and we all meet back here in 3 weeks?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I don’t think I’ve been this disinterested in a 80 mil approx player.

I still want him here because he is a young English player with a bright future - yet I don’t think he necessarily fills a gap we are missing either.

I keep wishing that he may end up playing centrally (in between Rashford and Greenwood) because I don’t see him being that great at RW (Greenwood or Amad will be better IMO ) - whilst LW he just competes or improves on Rashford a bit ( but not to an 80 million worth transfer level).

Deery

Dreary

I still want him here because he is a young English player with a bright future - yet I don’t think he necessarily fills a gap we are missing either.

I keep wishing that he may end up playing centrally (in between Rashford and Greenwood) because I don’t see him being that great at RW (Greenwood or Amad will be better IMO ) - whilst LW he just competes or improves on Rashford a bit ( but not to an 80 million worth transfer level).
I feel the same couldn’t give a shit about this transfer and at £80m just feels a bit wrong, would much prefer us to get the like of Neto, Raphinha or Dembele for half the price.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I feel the same couldn’t give a shit about this transfer and at £80m just feels a bit wrong, would much prefer us to get the like of Neto, Raphinha or Dembele for half the price.
Why do you want much worse players? Does lesser performances for the next 4-5 years and saving some money seem exciting or something?

Deery

Dreary
Why do you want much worse players? Does lesser performances for the next 4-5 years and saving some money seem exciting or something?
They’re not lesser players and they are proper right wingers with more pace than Sancho and I think would be better at a top side.

RkkMan

Neto- Literally out injured for months as we speak
Dembele- Good player but a crock who's been underwhelming at Barca
Raphinha- Case can be argued here but last season was his first good season in the PL. Also no guarantee Leeds will sell him cheaply if at all after such a short time especially to us
Sancho has had 3 good seasons in Germany, proven in the CL and 21 years old. Not signing him will turn out to be as big a mistake as not signing Hazard back in 2012

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Raphinha- Case can be argued here but last season was his first good season in the PL. Also no guarantee Leeds will sell him cheaply if at all after such a short time especially to us
Sancho has had 3 good seasons in Germany, proven in the CL and 21 years old. Not signing him will turn out to be as big a mistake as not signing Hazard back in 2012
Sancho hasn’t been proven in the CL for me. I have hardly seen a wonder performance there.

Deery

Dreary
Kagawa was voted best player in BL, he’s not proven in CL from what I’ve seen or international level, so what if he’s 21 just more inexperienced, he’s nowhere near Hazard.

And with Neto sure we bought Ruud when he was injured.

Dembele has had injuries but wouldn’t say he’s a crock.

Raphinha is premier league proven, was his first good season it was his first season :lol:

RkkMan

Sancho hasn’t been proven in the CL for me. I have hardly seen a wonder performance there.
11 goals and assists in 21 CL appearances since 2018 is a healthy return at 21 and he'll only get better

Kagawa was voted best player in BL, he’s not proven in CL from what I’ve seen or international level, so what if he’s 21 just more inexperienced, he’s nowhere near Hazard.

And with Neto sure we bought Ruud when he was injured.

Dembele has had injuries but wouldn’t say he’s a crock.

Raphinha is premier league proven, was his first good season it was his first season :lol:
Aubameyang, KDB, Leroy Sane, Gundogan, Havertz, Mane(before Liverpool), Son all came from The Bundesliga. I have reservations about that leave myself but it's still produced some top talents who've thrived in the PL. Any chance we can get of getting someone as good as Sancho at 21 shouldn't be deterred by past failures like Kahawa if you throw enough mud at a wall it'll stick

I'm too young to remember when we bought Ruud but I'm pretty sure he stayed for a year before coming to Utd fully fit afterwards? Neto is out for 2/3 months from now we can't wait for him to be fit at a time where we may drop vital points that could cost us in the title we need someone for here and now

Like I said a case can be made for Raphinha but I wouldn't pay above £45-50m for him and Leeds will undoubtedly want more from their biggest rivals. Sancho who's ceiling is higher is just an easier deal to do

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Well I'm personally very excited its Sancho Day, and the negative nancy's aren't going to spoil it for me.

Happy Sancho Day muppets.
Yeah mate unfortunately we can't please everyone.

largelyworried

The problem I have with Sancho is that we needed him last summer, and this summer we need a proper Number 9. So even though Sancho is a class player, I just don't feel like he's the missing piece of the jigsaw the way I felt 12 months ago. Indeed if City pick up Kane this summer, even after we buy Sancho, the gap is bigger than last year.

sherrinford

Got a feeling that Haaland if he is going to move this year, it'll probably Chelsea with CHO trade + fees.

If Haaland goes to Chelsea, only Kane is the viable option for the ST position.

The dream transfer window for us is to have both Kane and Sancho...:drool::drool:

But of course that won't happen.
Sancho and Kane don't seem particularly compatible so that wouldn't be a dream window. One or the other.

Deery

Dreary
11 goals and assists in 21 CL appearances since 2018 is a healthy return at 21 and he'll only get better

Aubameyang, KDB, Leroy Sane, Gundogan, Havertz, Mane(before Liverpool), Son all came from The Bundesliga. I have reservations about that leave myself but it's still produced some top talents who've thrived in the PL. Any chance we can get of getting someone as good as Sancho at 21 shouldn't be deterred by past failures like Kahawa if you throw enough mud at a wall it'll stick

I'm too young to remember when we bought Ruud but I'm pretty sure he stayed for a year before coming to Utd fully fit afterwards? Neto is out for 2/3 months from now we can't wait for him to be fit at a time where we may drop vital points that could cost us in the title we need someone for here and now

Like I said a case can be made for Raphinha but I wouldn't pay above £45-50m for him and Leeds will undoubtedly want more from their biggest rivals. Sancho who's ceiling is higher is just an easier deal to do
Dan James plus £30m I’m sure Bielsa would have a think about it.

We’ve waited years for a right winger one or two months isn’t going to break the camels back.

The BL has produced some good players but also some bad ones for us Schweinsteiger, Mkhitaryan, Kagawa..

Dan_F

Neto plays on the left, so that feels like a pointless transfer.

Greenwood will start shifting centrally this season I reckon. He’s had good games on the right, but he’s a striker and needs to be given a chance there (in the first team, not in pointless games with a second string behind him).

TheLord

I really wish we bid £78m (= €90m) for Sancho today and get done with this deal. The longer it lingers, there are too many unknown variables that can come into play - bids from other clubs, Euro performance, injuries, Haaland deal, and so forth. I don't see the need to haggle over a £10m discount for a 21-year-old generational English talent in the playing position that is absolutely needed for United.

I read some people saying that he's not worth £80m! Really!! This is a strange world where even the immobile Fat Lukaku at 28-years of age is valued at 80m.

Judas

Open to offers
Are Man Utd fans the most cautious and easily scarred by past events than any big club? The constant worrying about Mkhitaryan, Kagawa, we can't sign players from Argentina etc. It's so bizarre.

amolbhatia50k

Are Man Utd fans the most cautious and easily scarred by past events than any big club? The constant worrying about Mkhitaryan, Kagawa, we can't sign players from Argentina etc. It's so bizarre.
We've underperformed more than any other big club over the past 7 years so, naturally, yes.

amolbhatia50k

They’re not lesser players and they are proper right wingers with more pace than Sancho and I think would be better at a top side.
They aren't lesser players? Really? What's Neto's numbers like, is he producing a goal/assist nearly every game?

You want to sting and you want quality. Doesn't always work that way. Glad we paid top dollar for Rio, Rooney etc back in the day. We should be more clever in the market but there are times when you need go for a big player.

Status
Not open for further replies.