Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

3KDré

i watched this game thinking what a fecking player he is. So smooth on the ball like Martial. You can just tell they will both have the best chemistry. Know way we dont have top 3 best attack in the world if we sign him.
I also really hope we can come to an agreement for him this summer. United should try their best to reduce his price tag from 108 to 90 pounds which is fair.

Feck Dortmund by the way. They should know things aren't easy after the pandemic.
Nutmegs Di Maria first thing in the video :drool: he's made for us.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Paul Hirst @ The Times

Manchester City are set to collect a windfall of about £15 million if Jadon Sancho’s transfer to Manchester United goes through at Borussia Dortmund’s asking price. During Sancho’s transfer to Germany, City inserted a clause that entitled them to 15 per cent of the profit that Dortmund made from his next move.

Further talks between United and Dortmund are expected in the coming days and Sancho is hopeful that a deal will be struck. United officials warned last night, however, that they would pursue other targets if Dortmund did not lower their demands, which the English club feel are unrealistic because of the financial crisis. United also rejected claims that they had already agreed personal terms on a five-year contract with Sancho.

Dortmund have told United that they want £108 million for the 20-year-old forward, who joined the German club from City for £8 million in 2017. The sell-on clause means that United’s neighbours could earn up to £15 million from the deal, which is good news for them as they look to make up to four new summer signings, including Ferran Torres, who completed his £20.9 million move from Valencia last night. Dortmund want the deal to be completed by Monday, but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insists that United will not be rushed as the window does not close until October.“This transfer window is a long one, every transfer takes its course,” Solskjaer, the United manager, said.

In addition, Solskjaer has considered signing a striker, an attacking midfielder and possibly a centre back. United look set to lose out to City in the race for the £41 million-rated Nathan Aké, who is expected to move to the Etihad Stadium after he comes back from holiday this week. United have scouted Pau Torres, the 23-year-old Villarreal defender, but he has a £45 million release clause in his contract, which could prove to be a stumbling block. Unless Villarreal back down, or United find a cheaper alternative, Solskjaer could consider keeping Chris Smalling at the club next season.

Roma announced yesterday that Smalling, 30, had returned to United after they rejected a request to extend his season-long loan until the end of the Europa League. Although Smalling would not have been able to play against his parent club in the knockout tournament in Germany, which starts next week, United did not want to help Roma progress and decided to end the loan. Smalling has had an excellent season with Roma. The one accusation often levelled against him is that his passing is not up to scratch, but his pass success rate this season in Serie A was 90.5 per cent, which is better than Harry Maguire (86.7 per cent) and Victor Lindelof (86.5 per cent).

“I think Chris has shown over his career how valuable he is,” Solskjaer said when asked whether Smalling could be part of the United squad next season. “This season was about him being a regular and going to Roma and showing and proving how good a centre back he is. I wanted to give Harry, Victor and maybe Axel [Tuanzebe] a chance so it was best for him to go and play for a year for Roma. I’ve been speaking to Chris throughout and I’ve been delighted.”

Solskjaer has seven centre backs but Marcos Rojo is heading for the exit while Phil Jones, Tuanzebe and Eric Bailly are injury prone. The trio have started only five league games between them this season. United had the third-best defensive record in the league, but Lindelof in particular is capable of making the odd mistake. When asked whether he was worried about any defensive frailties in his team, Solskjaer said: “We are always looking to improve the team but I think we’ve been very solid at the back. Once in a while there’s some space found behind us but I’m not concerned.”

Solskjaer had high hopes for Tuanzebe, the 22-year-old defender, at the start of the season but he has made the match-day squad only three times since his last start in December because of a foot injury that has required surgery. The academy graduate, along with Luke Shaw, who has an ankle injury, has been left out of United’s squad for the remainder of the Europa League campaign, which resumes today with a round-of-16 match against LASK Linz at Old Trafford. United are 5-0 up from the first leg in Austria.

Uefa rejected United’s request to fly in and out of Germany between the quarter-finals, semi-finals and final. United were unhappy at being given a training ground belonging to a fourth division German team, but Uefa insisted that clubs must stay in Germany while participating in the tournament.

Brandon Williams, meanwhile, has signed a new four-year contract with the option of a further year. The 19-year-old signed his last contract only ten months ago, but Solskjaer is a big admirer of the left back and wanted to reward him with a longer deal.

Last edited:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
To be fair, we are a pathetic lot at Redcafe these days. We are supposed to be the worlds best muppets and yet we think we deserve our biggest transfer ever after only 455 pages?

Woodward was an obviously trollIng muppets with his briefing tonight, demanding that we do better!

Last edited:

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Sancho is a huge talent. One question about the whole thing is bugging me, though. Why does no other top club appear to be in for him? It's unusual to see a great talent go uncontested like this.
Money. The only clubs that can afford him this summer likely are City United PSG and possibly Chelsea.

I’m fairly certain we’d love to have him but even in a non covid year we’d struggle to do that kind of deal for a player who wasn’t a guaranteed starter. The only way it would be a goer for us is if he made it dead set clear he wanted to sign for us and we had a hole in the starting eleven. I still wouldn’t have been sure of it though. If the reported fee is accurate it’s a lot, Young English and his numbers would probably make it easier to argue for it. Who knows.

He won’t be back at city for obvious reasons and I can’t see him making a move to PSG and Chelsea already have Pulisic Ziyech Werner and maybe havertz.

If next season carries on as is there’ll be a few premier league clubs who may come close to folding without gate receipts etc.

Even self sufficient clubs don’t have a great deal of resources to withstand losing so much cash flow. These are not huge companies/entities with massive turnover.

Redfrog

To be fair, we are a pathetic lot at Redcafe these days. We are supposed to be the worlds best muppets and yet we think we deserve our biggest transfer ever after only 455 pages?

Tonights briefing from Woodward was an obvious troll aimed at us to do better!
To boost the media stuff, Woodward should withdraw from negotiations right now and cause a meltdown on redcafe just to come back with a 150 million offer the last day of the window.
He will look dumb but hey, it's smart buisiness as by the biggest meltdown ever he will have secured millions of benefits throught the media stuff.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Paul Hirst @ The Times

Manchester City are set to collect a windfall of about £15 million if Jadon Sancho’s transfer to Manchester United goes through at Borussia Dortmund’s asking price. During Sancho’s transfer to Germany, City inserted a clause that entitled them to 15 per cent of the profit that Dortmund made from his next move.
£15m windfall? Haha

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Well he wanted Maguire and Woodward vetoed it or any other CB signing because he thought our current CBs are good enough according to BBC, by the way Maguire would have costed us about 60m or so this summer. Next one we went on and bought Maguire for 80m.

Look we can really talk crap as much as we can about Mourinho but this particular event was a clusterfeck from Woodward
Precisely this. Can't believe people still don't get it. I can understand the hate for Jose but that was a disaster of window from Ed.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero

Woodward was an obviously trollIng muppets with his briefing tonight, demanding that we do better!
The value of a transfer target should be directly correlated with the amount of pages a transfer thread has.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I don’t suppose there’s a chance that Dortmund have leaked that this deal is really close to being over the line so if united don’t cough up it makes Ed and United look awful to their fan base? It’s certainly one way of putting pressure on.

So united have tried to counter that with a leak underplaying how far away we are.
I believe this to be true. We are trying to save a few million and holding back while Dortmund is using different tactics to make us pay that extra amount. The brief has been an indication we won’t be doing that.

TsuWave

Probably the same place Dortmund pulled 108mil. Point being postcovid transfer era no one really knows value
:confused:

How can the club that has a contract with the player not know value? Whatever price tag they slap on him, that’s what they value him at.

Oeanje

Read this from marca website
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aaron Wan-Bissaka was announced on June 29 and he wears No.29,
Harry Maguire was announced on August 5 and he wears No.5, while
Daniel James was announced on June 12, and while he doesn't wear the No.12, he has the numbers reversed as he dons the No.21 shirt.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So... August 7th shall be the DAY !

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Probably the same place Dortmund pulled 108mil. Point being postcovid transfer era no one really knows value
Joao Felix cost 113m last summer, and Mbappe cost PSG 180m another 2 summers ago. IMO Sancho is better prospect than Felix, not not quite as good as Mbappe perhaps. He should be worth somewhere in between 113-180m, maybe up to around 140-150m at most in normal market I’d say.
But in this COVID market maybe he should cost less - by how much it’s really up to the sellers club, hows bad their financial status are, and how desperate they are into selling. I thought 100-120m would be a fair price for such quality, anything lower may not be realistic in Dortmund perspective, but it’s also up to them on whether it’s acceptable or not to sell him cheaper.

it’s similar situation when other clubs are reportedly willing to offer 80-100m for Pogba last summer, while we are insisting on holding out for 120-150m. No one could afford him in the market, as the result no deal could happen.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I bet it will be a done deal again by this time tomorrow.
People are in too much of a rush. Everything expecting something today/tomorrow. It could take 5-7 days. As long as it gets done and doesn't drag too much, it's fine.

lysglimt

Scout
Something doesn't feel right about this. Worried the deal will fall through.
That's what I felt once I saw United-stand broadcasting for an hour yesterday that their source had confirmed that the deal was made!

Terminator

Not happening. He’s ours.
Wages potentially being a deal breaker is something we shouldn't be briefing about I feel. Doesnt send the right message about the player involved. Did this happen for any of our recent successful signings?

Womp

idiot
Wages potentially being a deal breaker is something we shouldn't be briefing about I feel. Doesnt send the right message about the player involved. Did this happen for any of our recent successful signings?
Why I'm a little worried too. Doesn't exactly paint Sancho in a good light and its very clearly a brief from the club.

Either way, I hope it's sorted soon, since we seem incapable of working on more deal than one.

gajender

People here ignoring the fact that everything has changed since Covid. Us paying 120M for a player when we have lost 150M in revenue is crazy. No way we should let Dortmund fleece us on this. He's worth 80M max in this market with just two years left on his contract.
150m loss in revenue is something I can't wrap my head around that figure is completely made up and bogus , yes we have lost gate reciept for few home games but what else till now ,may be we lose that kind of money going forward in the worst case scenario if supporters aren't allowed back for complete next season.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Don't worry too much. We can still rely on Greenwood, Mata and Jesse for the RW.

The Original

It's obvious that Utd cannot keep on paying whatever everyone wants for their players. Having paid 80mil for Maguire however, it's hard to argue with 108 for Sancho.

I have absolutely no doubt a deal will be done here and people need to have some perspective.

dal

If I had the choice of choosing only one of the below 2 Options, I would 100 percent choose option 2.

1 - sign sancho for £100 million
2 - sign Zaha and grealish for £100 million

Grealish can play 4-5 attacking positions to a very high level and Zaha is a brilliant winger and soon to be 28. I’d do this and sign sancho next year.

Assuming and hoping the Jiminez( £30 million) rumours are true, we would be very well placed.

Our back 5 picks itself and I’d say that’s 5 first teamers there and there replacements I wouldn’t call first teamers (players who should be starting.) Then in midfield and attack we would have around 11 (12 next year with sancho) first teamers.

Matic, Fred, Mctominay, Pogba, Grealish, Zaha, Jiminez, Martial, Rashford, Greeenwood, Bruno, (Sancho).

16-17 first team ready players with the right age blend which is what all teams need in the modern game. Zaha and Jiminez Will be 29 & 30 when sancho signs giving us a balanced but potent squad.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
If I had the choice of choosing only one of the below 2 Options, I would 100 percent choose option 2.

1 - sign sancho for £100 million
2 - sign Zaha and grealish for £100 million

Grealish can play 4-5 attacking positions to a very high level and Zaha is a brilliant winger and soon to be 28. I’d do this and sign sancho next year.

Assuming and hoping the Jiminez( £30 million) rumours are true, we would be very well placed.

Our back 5 picks itself and I’d say that’s 5 first teamers there and there replacements I wouldn’t call first teamers (players who should be starting.) Then in midfield and attack we would have around 11 (12 next year with sancho) first teamers.

Matic, Fred, Mctominay, Pogba, Grealish, Zaha, Jiminez, Martial, Rashford, Greeenwood, Bruno, (Sancho).

16-17 first team ready players with the right age blend which is what all teams need in the modern game. Zaha and Jiminez Will be 29 & 30 when sancho signs giving us a balanced but potent squad.
We’d still be without a right winger and we’d have another left winger.. One who has failed here before and scored about 3 goals last season..

I’ll stick with Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.