Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

laughtersassassin

This isn't happening until after Europa League most likely.

Until sancho isn't at training, I don't think we will be anywhere near getting him. I also think we're going to take this down to the last weeks of the transfer window as a way to put pressure on dortmund.

Everyone knows that Sancho wants to leave. The pressure is on dortmund to sell or end up with an "unhappy" player next season.
Last two weeks of the window would mean the season has already started......

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Every person and their dog knows that we will end up paying what Dortmund want.

I can understand Ed wanting to lower the price but given past evidence, it's frustrating really.

N1nja-Frog

Supports
Red Devils
Everything seems to have gone deathly silent from the media / Fabrizio et al for a little while now.....:nervous:

romufc

Every person and their dog knows that we will end up paying what Dortmund want.

I can understand Ed wanting to lower the price but given past evidence, it's frustrating really.
Literally this. There is no way we will get him for £80m. So its £100m or no deal.

I think the hold up is on upfront fee and instalments. Surely, Ole will be pushing for reinforcements to be signed earlier. Why we wait till the end always baffles me.

You know what you will have to pay, you are not going to get a discount, why not get the player in so he can start working with the team and be ready for the season?

Leonzo1

When did the Greizmann saga happened? I honestly have no memory what so ever that we were heavily linked to him yet some people here seem to have a PTSD regarding that deal. I clearly remember the huge disappointment from the Benatia,Thiago,Dybala,De ligt etc but Greizmann?

Goku23

Literally this. There is no way we will get him for £80m. So its £100m or no deal.

I think the hold up is on upfront fee and instalments. Surely, Ole will be pushing for reinforcements to be signed earlier. Why we wait till the end always baffles me.

You know what you will have to pay, you are not going to get a discount, why not get the player in so he can start working with the team and be ready for the season?
Agreed we never learn its stupid and while this drags on it gives less time to sign other targets for other areas Ed probably wants to pay 50p up front and the rest in installments knowing him

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Apparently they're close to signing Jamie Bynoe-Gittens who is a 15 year old wide forward at Man City and the best English attacking talent in his age group currently.
They need to be very careful. If they price Sancho out of a move, many other younger talents will think twice about going there in the future.

They are probably already thinking about the £100 million sale of Bellingham in a year or two to mugs like us.

romufc

They need to be very careful. If they price Sancho out of a move, many other younger talents will think twice about going there in the future.

They are probably already thinking about the £100 million sale of Bellingham in a year or two to mugs like us.
I am surprised they are not getting release clauses put in like Haaland.

Infestissumam

When did the Greizmann saga happened? I honestly have no memory what so ever that we were heavily linked to him yet some people here seem to have a PTSD regarding that deal. I clearly remember the huge disappointment from the Benatia,Thiago,Dybala,De ligt etc but Greizmann?
2017. He stayed at Atletico after they got hit with the transfer ban, and we shifted attention to Morata/Lukaku.

UncleBob

As others have pointed out, the first team is going to be away for weeks in relation to the europa league, so if the main issue is getting him in so he can start working with the first team then there's no obvious rush (unless fecking FC Copenhagen knocks us the feck out)

Secondly, people keep harping on about fecking discounts and whatnot as if you're buying a towel at a beach in spain and you're haggling over a few euros when you have your pockets full of money. How the deal is structured in terms of how much we pay up front could have a detrimental effect on our ability to bring in other players.

DarkLord

Relax, the transfer window has just been on for only a week. He will be here before the end of the transfer window I have no doubt.

romufc

As others have pointed out, the first team is going to be away for weeks in relation to the europa league, so if the main issue is getting him in so he can start working with the first team then there's no obvious rush (unless fecking FC Copenhagen knocks us the feck out)

Secondly, people keep harping on about fecking discounts and whatnot as if you're buying a towel at a beach in spain and you're haggling over a few euros when you have your pockets full of money. How the deal is structured in terms of how much we pay up front could have a detrimental effect on our ability to bring in other players.
Yes, our team is going away for the Europa league. So is Man City's and they have signed 2. Whatever the case, you would rather have the player training with your squad than not, considering the next season starts in just over a month.

Yes, it could but it could also have a detrimental effect on bringing other players in. So what happens if we wait till the Europa is finished and carry on negotiations, September comes and then Dortmund say, our league is starting so its this or see you later?

We then have to go and find a replacement, in addition to other players when our league is starting.

So we will be starting the new season with the same squad, which we all know is not good enough.

We all know once leagues start, clubs are reluctant to sell players as they need replacements identified first.

SATA

Agreement on Monday morning, lads. I can feel it. Dortmund won’t want to drag this any longer themselves. If they are getting Depay as a replacement, it’s going to take ages to negotiate with Lyon as well

lysglimt

Scout
If we offload 5-6 of the players we want to get rid of - we will have covered almost his total cost after 1 year

£10-15 mil for Dalot
£15-20 mil for Lingard
£15 mil for Smalling
£5-6 mil for Jones
Mata on a free
Sanchez probably cost us £10 million to terminate contract - but we save Close to £50 million in wages

and voila - half of his fee covered by sales - and then we will probably save £700.000 in wages - which is £35 million a year

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Griezmann wasn't so much of a saga. It was more of a 'done deal if you get Champions League'. Very similar to the Sancho one in the build up to the end of the season actually.

Atletico then got the transfer ban though and he decided to stay and that was that

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

I don't see us walking away from this deal if that's the case

Womp

idiot
So you don`t think its happening and ther`s zero hope in your eyes??
And this is not like Griezmann at all there is no transfer ban as a barrier and Thiago was a bad one yes but Sancho`s deal is so advanced to the extent where there would be VERY heavy backlash towards Woodward if it didn`t happpen
When did I say any of that? I think (hope?) he'll come, I'm just not nearly as convinced it's a sure thing as some people here are.

United58

If we offload 5-6 of the players we want to get rid of - we will have covered almost his total cost after 1 year

£10-15 mil for Dalot
£15-20 mil for Lingard
£15 mil for Smalling
£5-6 mil for Jones
Mata on a free
Sanchez probably cost us £10 million to terminate contract - but we save Close to £50 million in wages

and voila - half of his fee covered by sales - and then we will probably save £700.000 in wages - which is £35 million a year
Easier said than done with the wages we pay, unfortunately. We don't want the likes of Rojo - but no-one else does either!

UncleBob

Yes, our team is going away for the Europa league. So is Man City's and they have signed 2. Whatever the case, you would rather have the player training with your squad than not, considering the next season starts in just over a month.

Yes, it could but it could also have a detrimental effect on bringing other players in. So what happens if we wait till the Europa is finished and carry on negotiations, September comes and then Dortmund say, our league is starting so its this or see you later?

We then have to go and find a replacement, in addition to other players when our league is starting.

So we will be starting the new season with the same squad, which we all know is not good enough.

We all know once leagues start, clubs are reluctant to sell players as they need replacements identified first.
You're the one moaning about training with the team, not me. I'd prefer the signing to be completed as early as possible, but using training with the first team as an argument when the first team is away is a bit nonsensical.

Negotiations will still be ongoing, and we aren't complete morons, we're trying to structure the deal in a way that suits us and Dortmund are obviously trying to get as much as possible in one go. If it reaches a point where Dortmund aren't budging whatsoever then we'll either have to pay up or wait until next summer.

El Zoido

I think some people in this thread need to understand this.

Classical Mechanic

You think a 15 year old will be Sancho's replacement? He wouldn't even be legally allowed to play until his next birthday ;)

That kind of low risk high reward transfer probably runs independently of of the whole Sancho story.
I know he's not his replacement but he's a very high skill English wide forward from Man City! He's basically the young Sancho. City will be unhappy if he goes too.

GJNJ

I guess Haaland had more negotiating power, since he was already more of an established player.
It could also be that the player have a small percentage of the transfer fee so they are happy for the transfer fee to be bigger.

ehsanul

Bestower of favours
Romano now backtracking,its looks like Woodward has messed up this deal and now looks highly unlikely we will buy Sancho now.

Skåre Willoch

Romano now backtracking,its looks like Woodward has messed up this deal and now looks highly unlikely we will buy Sancho now.
I reckon he's doing the opposite? He still seems to be thinking we're trying to get the deal done, no?

romufc

You're the one moaning about training with the team, not me. I'd prefer the signing to be completed as early as possible, but using training with the first team as an argument when the first team is away is a bit nonsensical.

Negotiations will still be ongoing, and we aren't complete morons, we're trying to structure the deal in a way that suits us and Dortmund are obviously trying to get as much as possible in one go. If it reaches a point where Dortmund aren't budging whatsoever then we'll either have to pay up or wait until next summer.
So the first team is away so we should not sign any players? That is more nonsensical to me.

The Europa league is being played in Germany.. where is Dortmund.. In Germany.. so really it is easier for Sancho to get to the United squad in Germany.

Well obviously we are trying to structure a deal that suits both parties, otherwise it wont get done. So your stance is keep negotiation until after our team is back in the country, then if they are not budging wait till next summer? So, we go another year without a RW? gamble next summer Real, Liverpool, Chelsea, Barca wont be in for the player. If Dortmund do not budge in the next 7-10 days, what makes you think at the end of August they will? The longer it goes on the less likely they will budge.

Then come September look for reinforcements in other areas once the league has started?

That is the worst idea I have ever heard.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

It might be true but most of the reliable journos with links to us are saying we want a few more which is probably why we’re trying to pay as little up front as possible. What would Jan know about our transfer targets? It’s questionable he actually knows anything on the inside about Dortmund as personally I think he just reports what’s already been said elsewhere but he definitely has no inside links to us.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

I think some people in this thread need to understand this.
The fact that Mengi was promoted to the first team leads me to believe that there is real possibility that we won’t invest in a CB.

Fabrizio's losing patience with hundreds of idiots on Twitter asking him every minute if it’s done!:lol:
Goes with the territory Fab! Everyone sees you as the Oracle

Status
Not open for further replies.