Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I love how she doesn’t just say oh yeah apparently he’s about to sign for United - she goes into details about the clubs finally agreeing a fee and how long until the announcement. Coincidentally the only pieces of interest to those he’s aiming the tweet at.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I love how she doesn’t just say oh yeah apparently he’s about to sign for United - she goes into details about the clubs finally agreeing a fee and how long until the announcement. Coincidentally the only pieces of interest to those he’s aiming the tweet at.
Guy won't be lying, he has a brand to protect.

mav_9me

It's not crazy at all.
We're paying 100mil for a player that proved at club level he is worth that amount. If he plays for his national team or not it means jack shit, especially considering what national team he'd play for and under what manager.

Nevertheless, maybe he was left out because he's coming here, maybe he's injured or maybe he kicked Southgate in the balls, who knows.
That might increase his price?

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
Should man utds football goalposts be made of jelly?

Just asking the important question here in case once Sancho gets his transfer to Utd tomorrow, if he runs into one accidentally and it hits his nuts

Flytan

I just don't see how a manager/player/team/teammates/FA/buying club would allow a situation of a player to miss a game in a major tournament because of a transfer. Main reason I don't believe this guy. It's entirely possible he signs tomorrow but I don't think Southgate sat him because of it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
‘Stop trying to put relevance into international fixtures for a player’s quality’?! What an odd thing to say.

The part about mediocre managers is not true either.
It 100% is true. Roberto Mancini is a good manager but just wasn't getting any good jobs anymore. Once in a blue moon you get a good manager who just wants to be at international level for whatever reason, but its rare. Southgates club managerial history was a relegation with Boro I think? Most international managers just fail at club level or fail to get a good job at club level. Or leave the second a good one becomes available.

And how is it an odd thing to say? Are you going to try and claim Miroslav Klose was a world class striker? Podolski was some brilliant player? No. They were excellent for their countries, merely good but nothing special at international level. Scholes didn't do much for England. So many quality players in Uniteds history did feck all at international level. It is almost entirely irrelevant to a players actual true level or how they'll perform at a new club.

Bondi77

Looks like we may not even see him play in the Euros as he is the first attacking player to be cut when we have to name the Match day squad.

Redfrog

Southgate is just trying the city’s attack from next year, don’t worry guys…

RkkMan

The benefit is that we can instead buy two £50m players to better our squad instead of one 90m player and probably only one other. I doubt Sancho alone will make us challenge for anything anyway, he's not that great against low block teams which we struggle against.
On the contrary his technical style of play works perfectly against low blocks since he's not a shoot first player like Cavani/Rashford/Greenwood/Martial so kindly watch him more and after the alternatives to Sancho we tried out last summer in Amad/Pellistri I'll take my chances with the £90m rated player since this transfer committee can't be trusted to find good alternatives that are guaranteed to do better than Sancho

Glorio

On the contrary his technical style of play works perfectly against low blocks since he's not a shoot first player like Cavani/Rashford/Greenwood/Martial so kindly watch him more and after the alternatives to Sancho we tried out last summer in Amad/Pellistri I'll take my chances with the £90m rated player since this transfer committee can't be trusted to find good alternatives that are guaranteed to do better than Sancho
He is indeed stylistically different and I'm looking forward to him being here. However, do you really think Amad and Pellistri were bought with the club thinking they were "guaranteed to do better" than Sancho would have done last season? :eek:
They are clearly future projects

RkkMan

He is indeed stylistically different and I'm looking forward to him being here. However, do you really think Amad and Pellistri were bought with the club thinking they were "guaranteed to do better" than Sancho would have done last season? :eek:
They are clearly future projects
That's the thing they're "future" projects meaning we completely neglected the RW position again. If we don't get Sancho now(it'll happen mind you) the alternative will either be another "future project" or injury prone scrubs like Coman or Dembele. In that case I'll happily absorb every risk that comes with signing Sancho who's a quality player

Judas

Open to offers
That's the thing they're "future" projects meaning we completely neglected the RW position again. If we don't get Sancho now(it'll happen mind you) the alternative will either be another "future project" or injury prone scrubs like Coman or Dembele. In that case I'll happily absorb every risk that comes with signing Sancho who's a quality player
Sometimes I think we're wrong for not going for our plan b option and putting more money into it, last year we got it right with the future projects.

If we'd potentially had our way last summer we'd have spunked stupid money on Dembele due to our struggles to agree a fee with Dortmund, and now Sancho would be signing for someone else this summer.

We got it right last year. We clearly weren't looking for a long term right away right winger last summer, because Ole has a plan for that wing, it's Sancho.

RkkMan

Sometimes I think we're wrong for not going for our plan b option and putting more money into it, last year we got it right with the future projects.

If we'd potentially had our way last summer we'd have spunked stupid money on Dembele due to our struggles to agree a fee with Dortmund, and now Sancho would be signing for someone else this summer.

We got it right last year. We clearly weren't looking for a long term right away right winger last summer, because Ole has a plan for that wing, it's Sancho.
We got it right in terms of not paying that ridiculous fee BVB wanted but how exactly have the "future projects" been of help? Pellistri is about to be loaned out again and whilst Amad genuinely looks talented he's still raw and at best will be a squad player next season. We didn't improve our RW at all
You could probably say it led to us getting Cavani which was a good call. Otherwise the alternatives have not hit the standard needed and we'll be making a mistake going for another alternative if the options are Dembele/Coman or another future project

Judas

Open to offers
We got it right in terms of not paying that ridiculous fee BVB wanted but how exactly have the "future projects" been of help? Pellistri is about to be loaned out again and whilst Amad genuinely looks talented he's still raw and at best will be a squad player next season. We didn't improve our RW at all
You could probably say it led to us getting Cavani which was a good call. Otherwise the alternatives have not hit the standard needed and we'll be making a mistake going for another alternative if the options are Dembele/Coman or another future project
Future projects by their very definition are for the future? Any impact they could make last season was a bonus. I don't know if Pellistri will ever be good enough for us to be fair, but people long for us to unearth these gems again, and with that there's a hefty risk that they simply don't work out.

We didn't improve our RW at all, Ole took a risk and went with what we had and we ended up 2nd (a success) and massively failing elsewhere. But I still think he got it right. We're not Man City, we can't be buying multiple big money signings for the same position every window.

RiqCantona

If only the forum was there in 2004-06. Would've been great to see how people reacted to Cristiano then.

- "He's overrated"
- "Not good enough to play for United"
- "I don't know why we paid £20m for an unknown player"
- "He plays well for his national team, but is that good enough"
- "Sporting Lisbon played us"
- "Sell him and buy Robinho"

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
This has to get done today! No more messing about, sancho, Varane/Romero and a quality DM, I’m unsure on Declan rice and think he will cost to much, plus I want a technical DM someone like Kante.

Siorac

If only the forum was there in 2004-06. Would've been great to see how people reacted to Cristiano then.

- "He's overrated"
The forum was very much around then. Here, have fun:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/cristiano-ronaldo.86763/
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/if-...o-ronaldo-you-have-a-hole-in-your-soul.49368/

arnie_ni

- "He's overrated"
Don't think so. He tore us apart that game and I don't know anyone who didn't want us to buy him after it.

Do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.