Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Transfers arent precise science, any player from anywhere can flop for a bundle of different reasons. Doesnt mean it was the wrong decision when the stats points to a very high probability of success. And for Sancho it very much do so.
And this logic should apply to all post Fergie transfers. Guys like Di Maria or Sanchez were having an arse spreading welcome here but after they failed, people blamed the club for poor dealings.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I think the "H" in Sancho might be a "1". Hope Fred won't throw a tantrum about that precious number like a certain other player in our ranks
But you can see the H coming together towards the 7, if it was 17 they’d extend up above.

You know what it’s not even worth a discussion it’s completely irrelevant :lol:

Glorio

Don't think so. He tore us apart that game and I don't know anyone who didn't want us to buy him after it.

Do you?
I think he's referring to when his first couple of seasons with us - which to be fair is a different scenario to this as we haven't bought Sancho yet

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
But you can see the H coming together towards the 7, if it was 17 they’d extend up above.

You know what it’s not even worth a discussion it’s completely irrelevant :lol:
Yeah it is definitely just a 7. If that was actually on the website (I'm doubtful) it is probably something from last year.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
It 100% is true. Roberto Mancini is a good manager but just wasn't getting any good jobs anymore. Once in a blue moon you get a good manager who just wants to be at international level for whatever reason, but its rare. Southgates club managerial history was a relegation with Boro I think? Most international managers just fail at club level or fail to get a good job at club level. Or leave the second a good one becomes available.

And how is it an odd thing to say? Are you going to try and claim Miroslav Klose was a world class striker? Podolski was some brilliant player? No. They were excellent for their countries, merely good but nothing special at international level. Scholes didn't do much for England. So many quality players in Uniteds history did feck all at international level. It is almost entirely irrelevant to a players actual true level or how they'll perform at a new club.
So you bring up a couple of players who seemingly did better at international level than at club level and ignore the hundreds of great players who were international legends and hold their national team exploits as the greatest of their career. Well done.

Then you tried to do the same cherry picking thing with the managers. Hilarious.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So you bring up a couple of players who seemingly did better at international level than at club level and ignore the hundreds of great players who were international legends and hold their national team exploits as the greatest of their career. Well done.

Then you tried to do the same cherry picking thing with the managers. Hilarious.
It's not cherry picking. Who are these great international team managers right now? Genuinely curious. Or the last world cup. Or the last euros. The majority of cases are managers who couldn't get good club jobs for one reason or another so go to rebuild their reputation with the national teams.

As for the players, nah. I'm not disagreeing that it's a huge honor to be an international legend. I'm saying that being an international legend doesn't mean you are a great footballer at club level. You play non league or lower league opposition far too often for it to hold much relevance. You don't play with any system (or a very different system). You might be Slovenia where you had 2 world class goalkeepers in Oblak and Handanovic but mediocre players in the remaining 10 positions on the pitch. Games take place over years and a manager might make his mind up just because of other players in the team having better chemistry from club level. It doesn't mean shit. Unless you though Gerrard or Lampard was better than Scholes, Parker was better than Carrick, Cantona not being anything at international level, and so on... the list is endless of great players who did nothing at international level.

ThinkTank@Cafe

I’m not immersed in Western media, my sources are BBC, Al Jazeera, and major newspapers like FT or Washington Post (example). I don’t understand why is everyone claiming Sancho is set to United? Yesterday, I saw Stephen Howson YT video with “Sancho deal in hours” headline. He was just reciting some bullshit. Lost respect to this guy. Another Goldbridge. Why do they have so many followers?

Judas

Open to offers
I’m not immersed in Western media, my sources are BBC, Al Jazeera, and major newspapers like FT or Washington Post (example). I don’t understand why is everyone claiming Sancho is set to United? Yesterday, I saw Stephen Howson YT video with “Sancho deal in hours” headline. He was just reciting some bullshit. Lost respect to this guy. Another Goldbridge. Why do they have so many followers?
Eh it's clickbait, its Youtube, he clearly stated in the video the source and even said himself it was questionable and why he went with that video title. I'm surprised people still get riled by that sort of thing in 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.