Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

buchansleftleg

We all know this one should be done and dusted early.....fast forward to "exciting young 17 year old talent" and being told that pogba contact extension and Peraira and Lingard returning from loan is "like signing 3 new players"

I'd like to be wrong but....

Yagami

Good post resistant
Predictions for how many pages this will reach before lock

King Eric 7

This video puts me off of him. He looks like he lacks some maturity.
Yeah he's only 21 and still has a lot of developing to do. He will frustrate at times and make mistakes like young players do but hopefully he'll iron a lot of those things out and become an even better player. He is quality though even at this stage and there's a reason why so many of our fans are hopeful of his signing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If I put the message out into the world then it can become true, right?
And maybe some muppets will bite and run with it.
Besides, I have a hard time seeing Joel Glazer show up for his first ever fan forum in this current climate of tensions without at least one big surprise.
He'll come to the forum with a lot of promising chat I'm certain.
Will be interesting what actually pans out.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
All this talk of Sancho coming in to compete with Rashford as a LW makes me feel sick.

If I wanted a player to compete with Rashford then I’d go for grealish because they are two complete opposites in style.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This video puts me off of him. He looks like he lacks some maturity.
Why? He has very good decision making for his age and the video shows his brilliant dribbling and the perfect weight of passing, and playing on the right. What's not to like?

Superunknown

I'm still waiting to be convinced that Sancho is the one player we desperately need, and the one who is worth chasing over successive Summer windows.

We're going to look really silly if we spend months chasing him again and don't get it done. If we're going to do it, just get it done quickly so we can look at other areas that need improving, too.

FreddieTheReddie

I remember reading in an interview with him, that he has some guys for video analysis who discuss with him after each game what he should have done in certain situations. I can’t recall which interview. Is this something other players regularly do, too? Might be the reason why he has better than average decision making. Sometimes it’s frustrating to see players constantly making wrong choices, and I don’t know how they work on it with the coaches.

dinostar77

Why on earth has a new Sancho thread been opened when we have one thats a billion pages long already?

FatTails

Serious question, what happens on here if he signs with someone else?
Don’t see him going to City. Between Pulisic, Ziyech, Havartz, and Werner, I’m not sure if he is the player Chelsea needs. Barcelona can’t afford him

Who does that realistically leave? Bayern and Real I guess? Madrid can certainly improve on Asencio and Vinicius so that’s always a possibility.

Bayern have a few wingers (Sane, Coman, Gnabry, Costa, Musiala). Costa will leave, Coman might leave, so I guess Bayern could be a possibility?

For me, it’s meh. There are a lot other players and I am also not convinced one or two transfers will make the transformative difference that some people think they would.

King Eric 7

Don’t see him going to City. Between Pulisic, Ziyech, Havartz, and Werner, I’m not sure if he is the player Chelsea needs. Barcelona can’t afford him

Who does that realistically leave? Bayern and Real I guess? Madrid can certainly improve on Asencio and Vinicius so that’s always a possibility.

Bayern have a few wingers (Sane, Coman, Gnabry, Costa, Musiala). Costa will leave, Coman might leave, so I guess Bayern could be a possibility?

For me, it’s meh. There are a lot other players and I am also not convinced one or two transfers will make the transformative difference that some people think they would.
As I understand it, he wants to come back home. You left out Liverpool, who I think would be interested but it depends on the future of their existing forwards.

Bruno transformed our team and Cavani hasn't done too badly either. I think two or three very good signings could have a massive impact, although I still think we need even more depth to win the league.

Tarrou

can we not do that big day today shit this year please?

I'm asking nicely

Hammondo

Why? He has very good decision making for his age and the video shows his brilliant dribbling and the perfect weight of passing, and playing on the right. What's not to like?
I do not question his ability at all, but in those clips he runs into trouble consistently, and tries hollywood passes instead of the better simpler pass.

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
Then the same people moan about our lack of strength and depth :lol:
"Yeah we signed Sancho, Kane and two world class defenders alongside a DM but we didn't sign Ronaldo on a free for five years."

"But you said that he was over the hill and we shouldn't sign him and that he would...."

"That's not the point."

"....?'

If I put the message out into the world then it can become true, right?
And maybe some muppets will bite and run with it.
Besides, I have a hard time seeing Joel Glazer show up for his first ever fan forum in this current climate of tensions without at least one big surprise.
If that does happen, they'll have to peel him off the ceiling with a scraper. You know, once they scrub off the scorch marks.

Hammondo

Yeah he's only 21 and still has a lot of developing to do. He will frustrate at times and make mistakes like young players do but hopefully he'll iron a lot of those things out and become an even better player. He is quality though even at this stage and there's a reason why so many of our fans are hopeful of his signing.
His ability is amazing, but at the moment we need some better decision makers in attacking positions as our current ones are really poor at it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I do not question his ability at all, but in those clips he runs into trouble consistently, and tries hollywood passes instead of the better simpler pass.
Eh, probably just because highlight videos love Hollywood passes and plays, he's a very smart player generally and one that will look for the pass before shooting.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
We all know this one should be done and dusted early.....fast forward to "exciting young 17 year old talent" and being told that pogba contact extension and Peraira and Lingard returning from loan is "like signing 3 new players"

I'd like to be wrong but....
dont forget Jones

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Chelsea need a goalscorer, they have a few who can make them

Dve

I'll get excited about a new signing when we win a title. Until then, taking pleasure in something is the preserve of winners only.
What a strange thing to say. I take pleasure in watching every match, every goal.

FatTails

Chelsea need a goalscorer, they have a few who can make them
True. But it seems like they have a lot of players who can play either side of a striker or behind a striker. You’d think Haaland, Kane, or even Lukaku is a better fit for what they’re looking for.

Banana Republic

As I understand it, he wants to come back home. You left out Liverpool, who I think would be interested but it depends on the future of their existing forwards....
People keep missing this.
Liverpool will be wanting to build strength in depth.
They got caught out with defensive injuries this season and have brought in Konate to bolster their back line options.
Their regular front 3 are closing in on 30 yrs old (Firminho is 30 in October, Mane is 29 and Salah is 29 in a couple of weeks time). They've got a few years ahead of them, but the increased chance of injuries will be a concern.
Klopp isn't going to hang around, in bringing in younger reinforcements.
Jota is more of a CF and Origi is supposed to be leaving this window, along with Shakiri, so they could do with bringing in someone like Sancho, who would fit in with Klopp's "heavy metal" style of play.
More so if the unsubstantiated talk of Salah leaving, has any truth in it, or if Mane has fallen out with Klopp.

Status
Not open for further replies.