Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

pascell

I'm thinking Saturday we'll finally agree a fee. We're not going to stop negotiating now we're around the table, especially without any intermediaries involved.

VanGaalEra

When this didn’t happen last summer, I thought the ship had sailed.

Get Sancho in with a CB this year, get Haaland with a DM next year and we’re in business.

bosskeano

We’ve bid £67 million over 5 years, Dortmund want £81 million over 4 years so this’ll be done by next week for £75 million and it doesn’t feel like last summer at all as we’re actually quite close in negotiations already with personal terms apparently already sorted.

here's the simple of it then.....Utd goes up to 75m and makes it over 5 years but 6m in addons to meet their £81m evaluation of Jadon. Dortmund gets the price they want however Utd get the 75m paid over 5 installments. It should be a relatively easy compromise for both parties involved.

I see a lot of mentions about his age and lack of prem experience but here's the thing. He's proven at Dortmund, he's proven in Europe and he's proven for the England national team. In order for United to recruit at a bigger level, we have to continue getting players like Bruno or Sancho if we want to make this squad a real force again in england and europe. Top class players will want to join if they know the squad is good enough to win titles and compete in europe.

as for 350k p/w....absolute nonsense he would jump ahead of DeGea, Bruno, Marcus, Pogba in the pay queue as that would not sit well with Pogba or Mino as those contract talks take place.

I suspect Jadon will be on 250k p/w which is about a 60k p/w raise than his contract at Dortmund.

Last edited:

Don Juan Matus

Putting in a bid for Sancho, is in many ways, like making love to a beautiful woman - first you make sure both parties consent then given the go ahead, you slip in half of what they were expecting

Brophs

The One and Only
Putting in a bid for Sancho, is in many ways, like making love to a beautiful woman - first you make sure both parties consent then given the go ahead, you slip in half of what they were expecting
And then Woody lets you down.

Bondi77

here's the simple of it then.....Utd goes up to 75m and makes it over 5 years but 6m in addons to meet their £81m evaluation of Jadon. Dortmund gets the price they want however Utd get the 75m paid over 5 installments. It should be a relatively easy compromise for both parties involved.

as for 350k p/w....absolute nonsense he would jump ahead of DeGea, Bruno, Marcus, Pogba in the pay queue as that would not sit well with Pogba or Mino as those contract talks take place.

I suspect Jadon will be on 250k p/w which is about a 60k p/w raise than his contract at Dortmund.
250k a week for a 21yo who has not kicked a ball in the Premier League.....Risky?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
6hrs ago. Maybe Jan will get some credit around here eh?

Nah, better luck me winning the lottery

Tiber

All us muppets have been badly hurt before, but real muppets shall never give in
Stay strong brother.
I actually think it will happen, I just think last years dicking around took the shine off it

Infestissumam

still so torn. Sancho is an incredible talent and has been an absolute joy to watch at Dortmund, but I feel we have more pressing needs in other areas ... just don't want other positions to be ignored because we spend most of our money on one player.

dinostar77

Guardian says we are gonna give Sancho £350,000 a week. That would make him joint highest earner at club with De Gea. Thats crazy. Especially since Pogba has the club over a barrell and could ask for the same/more. Then when Bruno eventually extends he'd want pay parity understandably so. The wage bill would sky rocket.

Guardian also said £67mil bid reject cause dortmund want £77mil. Just a £10mil gap to negotiate. Hopefully they will come to an agreement.

Alot of money for a player, in a position that isnt our biggest problem i.e. CB.

Bratt

6hrs ago. Maybe Jan will get some credit around here eh?

Nah, better luck me winning the lottery

He’s not too bad.
He’s an attention seeking cnut, but he clearly has some sources in german football.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Guardian says we are gonna give Sancho £350,000 a week. That would make him joint highest earner at club with De Gea. Thats crazy. Especially since Pogba has the club over a barrell and could ask for the same/more. Then when Bruno eventually extends he'd want pay parity understandably so. The wage bill would sky rocket.

Guardian also said £67mil bid reject cause dortmund want £77mil. Just a £10mil gap to negotiate. Hopefully they will come to an agreement.

Alot of money for a player, in a position that isnt our biggest problem i.e. CB.
$350? I heard it was $450!

like feck he’s getting paid more than rashford and martial etc.

Papers have no idea on personal terms

laughtersassassin

As expected. Given that we only submitted our first offer so close to the European championships, there was no way for us to complete the transfer this soon. Expect this to drag on all summer once again.
Imminent would imply next few days surely.

Could be done in a week or two subject to medical.

laughtersassassin

Seeing a lot of “bowing to Dortmund’s demands” floating about Twitter. Didn’t do that last summer and seem to have got 25/30 mill off?
That said you could argue we would have win something and had a title challenge with him.

How much is that worth. Priceless in my book.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Imminent would imply next few days surely.

Could be done in a week or two subject to medical.
Perhaps we can come to an agreement with Dortmund within the next week or so, but the medical might happen after the Euros. I guess the fact that we've submitted a formal offer this early means that we're way further ahead than we were before.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Why are people on here saying we have other priorities??
Right wing is a massive priority, as is CB and CM,

We haven't had a proper right winger for a long time.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain

We are not giving him 350 k. That would cause us immense problems when Bruno, Rashford and Greenwood extend their contracts. He will get something around 200/250 k. Of course if we win the big double next season then he might end up getting a lot more in bonuses, but that would apply to the entire squad.
Same way it was reported Brandon Williams was on 65 k whereas he gets 40 + 25.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He got that info from Bild journos, the same when he broke Götze to Bayern. He's close with them.
More specifically, the info seems to be coming from Sven Westerschulze, who Falk has recently started to tag on the Dortmund stories more and more. Twitter account: https://twitter.com/westsven

Personally speaking, I'd rather get my info from Patrick Berger of Sport1. He seems to have stronger connections to Dortmund and posts more reliable stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.