Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I like your style ayush. Honestly i was sort of suggesting we get rid of Tony. I just don't think he's going to be that valuable going forward and I figure we should offload while we can get a decent price for him. Just some banter.
If we are getting a replacement for him, fully agreed.

dinostar77

BBC said Utd wanted to pay the fee over 5 years and dortmund would only accept 4 years. Also BBC not sure if Utd would revise their offer and have alternatives for that position if Sancho move doesnt materialise.

I wont mention the names as caf would have a breakdown...

Dve

United have known from April that Dortmund want 95mEuros, and therefore we should just pay, despite of Sancho´s gentleman agreement with Dortmund? Sancho will most likely push for a move, and of course United should try to get the price down.

jamesjimmybyrondean

BBC said Utd wanted to pay the fee over 5 years and dortmund would only accept 4 years. Also BBC not sure if Utd would revise their offer and have alternatives for that position if Sancho move doesnt materialise.

Say it

Judas

Open to offers

It's just textbook posturing and negotiation tactics. We're signing Sancho.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Reckon we’ll compromise by reaching their asking price but getting a 5 year instalment instead of 4.

PeterWunited

We can all speculate on the price, but if Dortmund are asking 95M Euros plus add on's, that is ridiculous, we should walk away.
That sort of price plus agents fees & signing on bonuses is not worth it when we have priorities elsewhere.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Is he going to be that much of a game changer for us for 75? Genuine question.
Can't help but think we need better technique in the middle if we're playing 4231

Withnail

Can't help but think we need better technique in the middle if we're playing 4231
I think we definitely need him but I agree that we also need much higher quality in midfield than either McT or Fred.

CB, DM and RW are all required with the same priority as far as I'm concerned.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
it’s not a fact though it is. Writing fact doesn’t make it any more of a fact.
I mean, that’s not a fact is it. It’s quite clearly an opinion
Are you TonyM?
If so learn how to put the fecking ball in the back of the fecking net.
Just a thought.
Nobody has been linked credibly with interest in Anto, he isn’t unhappy atm, Ole isn’t unhappy with him nor has he been throughout the last season, if anything trying to pay him into form before the injury and furthermore he is said to be Joel’s favourite - he isn’t going to be sold no matter how many whinging forumites think he should be. After the gesture Ole made giving him his number back and sticking him central for the last two seasons it’s unlikely he will lose his shirt too. Therefore, with the obvious caveat that neither Anto or Ole have confirmed this publicly I am confident in my assertion that’s is a fact he will be here wearing 9 next season.

Now stop derailing the Sancho train, it’s a big day tomorrow!

Reactions: Sultan

In Rainbows

We do, but I would rather us get the exceptional talents than just someone who fills a need.

SecondFig

United have known from April that Dortmund want 95mEuros, and therefore we should just pay, despite of Sancho´s gentleman agreement with Dortmund? Sancho will most likely push for a move, and of course United should try to get the price down.
I'm surprised so little has been made of Sancho's poor first half of the season - which really looked like a player who was disappointed/pissed off that a move he'd been promised was blocked. I absolutely think Sancho is already pushing for the move, and while Dortmund are clearly not going to suddenly accept a massively lower fee, I think they'll be more willing to negotiate a little this time around

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I'm surprised so little has been made of Sancho's poor first half of the season - which really looked like a player who was disappointed/pissed off that a move he'd been promised was blocked.
The question about that poor run is how much it can be attributed to his personal situation (the failed transfer) and how much it was caused by problems in the squad. In 19/20 he played usually ahead of Hakimi on the right wing, who was brilliant at going forward and playing together with Sancho. Hakimi was replaced by Meunier, who is much different, especially as he just performed absolutely terrible. Later in the this season Sancho moved to left wing were he could play ahead of Guerreiro who is much closer to Hakimi in playing style than Meunier is. So basically for that half season Sancho lacked a passing option he was used to and needs to have to perform at his best level.

quethenoo

Question. When people say brits, is it referring to only Englishmen or includes welsh and Scottish as well?
From a Scottish blokes point of view, generally it feels like the English even if technically it's all of us. In this particular instance the Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish most definitely do not sing "it's coming home..."!
Recent Adidas advert taking the piss a bit :

marktan

I actually wouldn't mind waiting a bit to see how he does in the Euros. No one else will be in for him anyway at the 95m euros price so there's no risk to us in waiting.

SecondFig

The question about that poor run is how much it can be attributed to his personal situation (the failed transfer) and how much it was caused by problems in the squad. In 19/20 he played usually ahead of Hakimi on the right wing, who was brilliant at going forward and playing together with Sancho. Hakimi was replaced by Meunier, who is much different, especially as he just performed absolutely terrible. Later in the this season Sancho moved to left wing were he could play ahead of Guerreiro who is much closer to Hakimi in playing style than Meunier is. So basically for that half season Sancho lacked a passing option he was used to and needs to have to perform at his best level.
Very good point! And I'm not trying to suggest that his poor form was purely because he'd had his head turned (though my post reads that way) - just that I'm surprised there's been no real discussion of that by journalists. The narrative last summer, and after, was that United completely screwed up the transfer and Dortmund handled it perfectly. Which seems odd given a) just as Dortmund are free to stick to their stated fee, United are free to not offer that, and b) Sancho really struggled for form in the immediate aftermath

Gazza

I think we can move on to guessing potential tabloid headlines when the deal is announced

SANCHOster United
SanCHOSEN one
JaDONE-DEALIO SANCHO

ti vu

If not for today, I think it would take a while, since it's close to England game in EURO. Would be complicated to get permission for medical, once England campaign starts.

Scholsey2004

We really need to take this into account and sign a more technically gifted right back, assuming Sancho will play on the right. I like Wan Bissaka but hes completely the wrong kind of player to partner Sancho with.

Scholsey2004

I actually wouldn't mind waiting a bit to see how he does in the Euros. No one else will be in for him anyway at the 95m euros price so there's no risk to us in waiting.
Id rather get it over the line before chelsea realise Haaland's not for sale this summer.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He really doesn't. He's talked about how he stays up late into the night gathering info and doing work.
I don't really believe him to be honest. Seems like he tweets updates as if he's in the room with the agents and all. Little tidbits and stuff make it sound like a redissue or something.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Although I really appreciate you doing a sterling job in bringing us the latest transfer news. @mazhar13

EDIT: I didn't mean to sound condescending by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.