Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Great we've been fleeced again. "Ich habe dich kommen sehen" says the Dortmund overlord.

City would've paid £20 million and got him.
we haven’t been fleeced it says it will be paid in variables - aka - add ons etc etc - the add ons/variables would be a mixture of terms that are achievable and not so easy to achieve aka golden boot/ballon d’or etc etc

bsCallout

I think we need to be realistic,.Even without Sancho, Amad is not getting enough game time last season since he joined us. We can't really expect him getting more minutes with addition of Sancho here. We need to give him more game time elsewhere, he is not going to learn much playing for u-23 at this stage of his development.
By the little that has come out about Amad this season was all about him getting used to being here, learning the language, getting used to the speed of the game and perhaps putting a little onto his frame.

He was never going to get minutes this season. I fully expect him to feature in the cups next season.

Speako

It’s an extortionate amount of money, but you have to remember the knock on effects of a purchase like Sancho. Cavani needs replacing in a year and, although we have Greenwood waiting , imagine how attractive it will be to any centre forward in world football having Rashford, Sancho, Bruno supporting you for the next decade.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The big price has nothing to do with Sancho.

The big price always happens because of United pretending they are the biggest club in the world due to the number of fans we had and money they were making at one point.

Tarrou

The big price has nothing to do with Sancho.

The big price always happens because of United pretending they are the biggest club in the world due to the number of fans we had and money they were making at one point.
That’s the spirit

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
My concern when he joins us is less him and more whether AWB will stunt his impact. I really think we need someone like Trippier or Aaron's to support his attacks on overlaps against the smaller sides.

Judas

Open to offers
My concern when he joins us is less him and more whether AWB will stunt his impact. I really think we need someone like Trippier or Aaron's to support his attacks on overlaps against the smaller sides.
I'm hopeful they'll both benefit from each other. It's not as if AWB has had someone as good as Sancho on that wing in front of him while he's been with us.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I don’t think AWB’s long term position is secure anyway, needs to buck his ideas up if he wants to continue here.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm hopeful they'll both benefit from each other. It's not as if AWB has had someone as good as Sancho on that wing in front of him while he's been with us.
I don't think AWBs offensive input is that much down to the quality infront of him. He's just a player that lacks attacking knowhow.

Matthew84!

So still nothing new?
Seems like people are arguing over his price or wages or whether AWB is good enough to play on the same side.
First off its probably best to wait till he's signed and we actually know the fee and his wages before saying anything.

Now AWB is the long term future of UTD, any blind person can see he's got alot better, lets get Sancho signed and see how the team plays before trying to get rid of someone who plays every game.

Judas

Open to offers
I don't think AWBs offensive input is that much down to the quality infront of him. He's just a player that lacks attacking knowhow.
I don't really rate AWB overall, think he's average beyond having a good tackle on him, I'm trying to be positive though! It's Sancho Saturday.

Boavista

You haven't got the first clue about finance. Debt would be a lot more expensive for Dortmund than it would be for Manchester United.
That's a bit exaggerated, interest rates have been low for a long time. If anything United's debts are/were more expensive because the majority of the financing occurred before interest rates plummeted, although I imagine there's been debt restructuring along the way.

Exactly. If Dortmund are in the red by ~€100m over the past two seasons because of covid and for two seasons they get no significant income from sales to cover that, then they’re not going to be happy lumbering they club with debt to cover that as Sancho’s “value” goes from €120m, down to €50-60m.

It’s all well and good saying “Dortmund will be happy because he earns them champions league football” but that’s completely besides the point. It’s in their own financials release that their business model is to make a sale each year while still remaining competitive and this is pre-covid when they already had a feck tonne of match day revenue.

When you consider their history with debt, there’s absolutely no way they will want to start saddling the club with debt once more when they have a player they can sell for €80m.

If you had the option of meeting in the middle and selling for €85m or lumbering the club with an €85m loan while that player’s value depreciated further and is no doubt disappointed after breaking a gentleman’s agreement, which would you choose?

Seriously, I appreciate Dortmund talk a good game but people need to stop believing every word they say and apply a bit of critical thinking to it. United hold a very strong hand this summer and while Dortmund have every right to play hardball, so do United and United will know that Dortmund don’t really want to have their bluff called
Probably true to an extent, but I find it unlikely that Dortmund haven't/won't take out a loan to cover their losses regardless of player sales. They're averse to debt but I think from a business perspective it wouldn't be wise to make their liquidity that dependent on cash influx from selling Sancho. After all transfer income won't be a lump sum but paid over 4 or 5 years if reports are true, so in either case they can't really avoid taking out loans and there's nothing wrong with that in a situation like this.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
We'll always have to pay top dollar for players so ultimately, pay slightly over the odds but get this done and dusted so we can plan our future transfers and get the players in ready for pre season. Sancho will be a big, big signing for us. Massive improvement to our forward line.

Rolaholic

Everyone saying the same thing about things possible being wrapped up next week.

Eckner in particularly claims that the feeling at Dortmund right now is that things could be finalized by then with the club seemingly willing to accommodate and meet most of their demands

Drainy

We'll always have to pay top dollar for players so ultimately, pay slightly over the odds but get this done and dusted so we can plan our future transfers and get the players in ready for pre season. Sancho will be a big, big signing for us. Massive improvement to our forward line.
How much is a fair price for a player who has had 2 seasons of being one of the most productive players in a top 5 European league by the age of 21?

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
I'd say he had a very good reason and if that's the level of his lows, his highs are gonna be absolutely insane. He's still so young.

El Zoido

I don't really rate AWB overall, think he's average beyond having a good tackle on him, I'm trying to be positive though! It's Sancho Saturday.
He’s not at the top level, he can tackle and that’s about it. He’s lacks game intelligence and sometimes doesn’t seem present in games. Was it Everton when it ended 3-3 and for one of the goals he simply wasn’t paying attention and they scored down his side? It was completely his fault. Then in the interview after the game, he was asked about the goal, and he had NO idea what the interviewer was talking about. Looked like he’d just been asked to explain quantum mechanics.

It‘s stuck with me since, because he should have known from the moment it happens that it was his mistake, yet even after the game he was completely oblivious to the situation. I don’t think he even realised he’d made a mistake. So it’s clear to see how sometimes he looks like he’s daydreaming during a game while the opposition coast past him.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
How much is a fair price for a player who has had 2 seasons of being one of the most productive players in a top 5 European league by the age of 21?
Personally? 80m euros would be fair in todays financial climate post covid. Think we're probably overpaying by 10m but that's United tax for you.

But then the transfer market was borderline insane pre covid. It needs some kind of regulation on it before it goes totally bonkers.

Rolaholic

I'd say he had a very good reason and if that's the level of his lows, his highs are gonna be absolutely insane. He's still so young.
The levels of production he's shown so far in his career paint quite the picture of the kind of player he might end up being.

His best season so far of 20 goals and 20 assists when he was 20 years old, matches a legend like Robben's best ever senior season of 21 goals 17 assists, when he was a Ballon D'or candidate

BlueHaze

Just get the god damn deal done and get it over with please. Keep on delaying and before you know it someone else will sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.