Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
On form should be Rashford. And with him likely getting surgery after the Euros thats how the season will likely start.
'On form' is what makes him a good signing. It gives us options, but anyone saying he's a definite for our best XI in the PL yet is stretching it.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I just did it on minutes per goal/assist mate. Sancho has two seasons at 82 minutes per goal

In KDBs insnae season where he got like 44 G+A it was in much more minutes so still only worked out at 103 minutes per goal.
I'm not meaning to argue with you about how impressive Sancho's stats have been. They are. He's been breaking records in terms of a young player posting double-double goals and assists, the kind of numbers a player like, hate to write it but.., Messi delivered before.
But in that Wolfsburg team, everything went through De Bruyne, he alone was the reason for how well they did (2nd place and cup win, destroying Pep's Bayern at the begin of the Rückrunde too) and I don't think Sancho was that exclusively instrumental and ever-present for BVBs attacking yet, as younger players rarely are. Sancho still sometimes disappears in a game, as younger players do.

laughtersassassin

I'm not meaning to argue with you about how impressive Sancho's stats have been. They are. He's been breaking records in terms of a young player posting double-double goals and assists, the kind of numbers a player like, hate to write it but.., Messi delivered before.
But in that Wolfsburg team, everything went through De Bruyne, he alone was the reason for how well they did (2nd place and cup win, destroying Pep's Bayern at the begin of the Rückrunde too) and I don't think Sancho was that exclusively instrumental and ever-present for BVBs attacking yet, as younger players rarely are. Sancho still sometimes disappears in a game, as younger players do.
Hence why I said statistically better in my first post.

Was just comparing their output. Which is another thing in Sanchos favour since he was doing it from much younger

marktan

According to CIES all of Kane, Rashford, Sterling, Sancho, Greenwood, Foden and maybe Mount(?) are £100m+ players. Three of those were either on the bench, not in the matchday squad or, as with Greenwood, touch and go if he was gonna be included in the tournament squad at all. Then you add another bench player in Grealish who you could argue is up there with the rest of them in terms of talent and value. Instead of saying stupid stuff like "you can't be a £100m player if you're not playing for your NT", maybe the focus should be on England having abundance of riches when it comes to highly talented attacking talent in the perfect age value-wise.
Those valuations are very subjective though, the only 3 that could realistically command £100m or are worth that talent wise are Kane, Grealish and Foden. And the only club likely to pay that for any of them is City.

Nobody's buying Sterling, Rashford, Greenwood or Mount for £100m, regardless of how good they are. There's no buyers. The only buyer for Sancho is us, and it's questionable if he's worth the 90m or so quoted. Personally I'd rather just wait a year, I bet prices drop quite a bit in general this summer with covid and reduced TV contracts, and next summer he'll only have a year left on his contract. Probably get him for about £50m then.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Hence why I said statistically better in my first post.

Was just comparing their output. Which is another thing in Sanchos favour since he was doing it from much younger
I know you were comparing them correctly on stats, wasn't meaning to dispute it.
Just giving context on how I think the statistical comparison should be qualified.

laughtersassassin

Those valuations are very subjective though, the only 3 that could realistically command £100m figures are Kane, Grealish and Foden. And the only club likely to pay that for any of them is City.

Nobody's buying Sterling, Rashford, Greenwood or Mount for £100m, regardless of how good they are. There's no buyers. The only buyer for Sancho is us, and it's questionable if he's worth the 90m or so quoted. Personally I'd rather just wait a year, I bet prices drop quite a bit in general this summer with covid and reduced TV contracts, and next summer he'll only have a year left on his contract. Probably get him for about £50m then.
How your willing to put Foden there and not Sancho is madness.

They are the same age. Sancho two months older than Foden. Sancho has done much more with his career to this point.

He has had 36, 40 and 30 G+A in his last 3 seasons. That's at 21, 20, and 19 years old.

How in the world is that not insane enough to make him worth mad money?

Foden is absolutely brilliant too but to say he is worth 100 mil and Sancho not is kind of mad.

Right now Foden is more comparable to Greenwood. Foden one year older than Greenwood. Greenwoods first season as good as Foden this season.

Disclaimer: I do think Foden will probably end up the best of them. Pep and playing for City will be a big part of that though.

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Steven Howsen on Stretford Paddock saying AS are reporting United have accepted Dortmund's terms and a deal will be announced within a number of hours.
Big day today

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Are you seriously comparing a guy over 30 with 100 caps and a World Cup winners medal with a 21 year old who can’t even make the bench against Croatia? And who said Kroos won’t start? He’s going to start. Not sure what you’re talking about here.
Look at the Germany thread... many of them wanting a kimmich and goretzka midfield.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Now that the Euro is started, I have a hard time seeing a deal get done before it's finished.

Werder Herzog

Steven Howsen on Stretford Paddock saying AS are reporting United have accepted Dortmund's terms and a deal will be announced within a number of hours.
Sorry to pee on your chips but that story from AS was yesterday (so those hours have passed), although the plus side is it was their own info from their own Manchester based journalist apparently (according to that sport witness site).

RkkMan

Those valuations are very subjective though, the only 3 that could realistically command £100m or are worth that talent wise are Kane, Grealish and Foden. And the only club likely to pay that for any of them is City.

Half of Europe will be after him then and I don't think he'll be happy with us delaying a move for 3 years so we'll hardly be his first choice. Not to mention waiting for him another year is practically throwing away a chance of a title challenge which sets us back further. There's next to zero benefits if we don't get him this year

Matthew84!

Sorry to pee on your chips but that story from AS was yesterday (so those hours have passed), although the plus side is it was their own info from their own Manchester based journalist apparently (according to that sport witness site).
That made me laugh, I've never heard that phrase before, you are right though

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Fraudbrizio just getting his daily clicks to bump up the bank balance.

laughtersassassin

Do we really think 70 million euro would get Sancho?

Surely we can't be that dumb. Just get the thing done ffs

cyberman

Wh

Cue the chorus of rage comments :lol:
Why? Romano just jumps on any sort of news now while adding nothing new so he can get his clicks.
Told us it was all Utd unti the window neared, then told us Liverpool and Chelsea were in to get 3 fanbases on board, then told us Chelsea and Liverpool werent involved when it was obvious Utd had it in their pocket.
He will be bitterly disappointed this is going to be wrapped up so eaely.

SamVimes

Weird post. I merely posted what Howsen was saying AS were reporting. You get that? I wasn't saying anything.

BarstoolProphet

Now I don't know the full metrics behind their valuations but I suspect that it's little more than 'subjective opinion'. What do you base your valuations on? Kane is in a league of his own when it comes to goals but why you chose to include the likes of Grealish and Foden but not Mount, Sancho or Greenwood is weird if you factor in current level, league, club, potential, stats, age etc. Bias against United players perhaps?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
"€70 million won't be enough."

12k likes and a reputation as a football insider for something my dog could tell you. Football twitter is bizarre.
Many people keep asking him whether he thinks a certain price would work/what it would take to make the transfer go through, so this is his way of satisfying them (typically, in the replies, he'd tell them that he only reports the info he's given and not what he thinks would work).

marktan

How your willing to put Foden there and not Sancho is madness.

They are the same age. Sancho two months older than Foden. Sancho has done much more with his career to this point.

He has had 36, 40 and 30 G+A in his last 3 seasons. That's at 21, 20, and 19 years old.

How in the world is that not insane enough to make him worth mad money?

Foden is absolutely brilliant too but to say he is worth 100 mil and Sancho not is kind of mad.

Right now Foden is more comparable to Greenwood. Foden one year older than Greenwood. Greenwoods first season as good as Foden this season.

Disclaimer: I do think Foden will probably end up the best of them. Pep and playing for City will be a big part of that though.
I'm talking about talent, not stats. It's subjective yes but Foden is technically better than both of those. Sancho's stats I'm always hesitant on because I've seen the calibre of his goals in the Bundesliga, it's not very high.

Half of Europe will be after him then and I don't think he'll be happy with us delaying a move for 3 years so we'll hardly be his first choice. Not to mention waiting for him another year is practically throwing away a chance of a title challenge which sets us back further. There's next to zero benefits if we don't get him this year
The benefit is that we can instead buy two £50m players to better our squad instead of one 90m player and probably only one other. I doubt Sancho alone will make us challenge for anything anyway, he's not that great against low block teams which we struggle against.

Now I don't know the full metrics behind their valuations but I suspect that it's little more than 'subjective opinion'. What do you base your valuations on? Kane is in a league of his own when it comes to goals but why you chose to include the likes of Grealish and Foden but not Mount, Sancho or Greenwood is weird if you factor in current level, league, club, potential, stats, age etc. Bias against United players perhaps?
The £100m is mostly for what clubs would actually pay - City are said to be in for Kane or Grealish and both would go for £100m+. In terms of talent that they've shown in the PL, it's not hard to argue against their value.

Foden I put mostly based on his technical level - it's very high. No one's actually going to pay £100m for him though. Mount, Rashford, Greenwood are all similar - good players but no one's going to be putting in £100m bids for them. The only players that would go for that figure and have interest are Halaand and Mbappe.

Fyi - I think values from the group you mentioned are still a little overpriced and haven't taken into account covid and reduced TV contracts yet. The days of paying £80m for the likes of Maguire, Pogba etc are gone. That calibre of player would go for £60m at max now. There just aren't many clubs outside the oil ones and United that can afford to pay £80m on a player now.

Status
Not open for further replies.