Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thiagoal

To buy Sancho next summer, we need to have these 3 things:
1. Top 4 finish at the very least
2. Minimum 120m as starting price
3. Bidding war with other big clubs, fee could rise up to 150m or more, and he could have ask for 300k+ salary.

Bottom line is, Dortmund got him on long contract, there's no need for them to sell him, and Sancho is still very young and can choose whatever club he wants.
One thing is certain, if we managed to pull that one out, we probably need to break the bank to outbid him, and it will definitely be cost us a fortune.
No disrespect to Dortmund (who I think are a great club) but I can’t believe Sancho a) wants to be there long term and b) hasn’t signed the new contract with some assurances of them letting him leave within the next year or two!

lsd

The Oracle
I seem to remember reading that Sancho and Rashford are

Love to know how

This is a ridiculous thread the amount of disrespect shown by United fans here . Whether its insulting Dortmund fans for telling the truth and posting nonsence that Sancho is best friends with every United player going .

Talking about the guy like he is a Utd player already and hes just on loan to Dortmund until we snap our fingers and he will come running .

Considering how uptight we get when our players are linked to other clubs its embarrassing how deluded we sound when we do stuff like this .

We may sign him in the future if we spend absolutely crazy money that other clubs wont do but that's a huge if and he wants to come here which is an even bigger if . Other than that we may as well say its only a matter of time till we sign Mbappe etc

pascell

Love to know how

This is a ridiculous thread the amount of disrespect shown by United fans here . Whether its insulting Dortmund fans for telling the truth and posting nonsence that Sancho is best friends with every United player going .

Talking about the guy like he is a Utd player already and hes just on loan to Dortmund until we snap our fingers and he will come running .

Considering how uptight we get when our players are linked to other clubs its embarrassing how deluded we sound when we do stuff like this .

We may sign him in the future if we spend absolutely crazy money that other clubs wont do but that's a huge if and he wants to come here which is an even bigger if . Other than that we may as well say its only a matter of time till we sign Mbappe etc
Come off it will you, this is the Transfer Forum and we've been linked with Sancho multiple times, people are allowed to have their view.

No one is posting nonsense that he's best mates with player X,Y,Z. They're basing what they've seen on social media of actual videos of Sancho hanging around with Rashford and Lingard, I cant see where it's being disrespectful to Dortmund fans, again people are posting on what they've seen.

So we're not entitled to an opinion of a player United have been linked with? What's the point of coming on the Caf then.

We've built foundations and a good relationship with his agent etc when we tried to sign him from City and likely spoke with them around Feb/March when linked with him, the link was from a journalist with close ties with Sancho camp. Who knows what will happen, the season is long and anything can happen.

meamth

Come off it will you, this is the Transfer Forum and we've been linked with Sancho multiple times, people are allowed to have their view.

No one is posting nonsense that he's best mates with player X,Y,Z. They're basing what they've seen on social media of actual videos of Sancho hanging around with Rashford and Lingard, I cant see where it's being disrespectful to Dortmund fans, again people are posting on what they've seen.

So we're not entitled to an opinion of a player United have been linked with? What's the point of coming on the Caf then.

We've built foundations and a good relationship with his agent etc when we tried to sign him from City and likely spoke with them around Feb/March when linked with him, the link was from a journalist with close ties with Sancho camp. Who knows what will happen, the season is long and anything can happen.
And it's okay for Dortmund fans coming here and having a laugh at us for wishing him here.

I bet they just wanked after that comeback win.

lysglimt

Scout
Love to know how

Dortmund is a selling club - always has been, always will be. Does that mean he will end up at United ? Of course not - but I really can't see PSG, Juve, Barca or Real spending £100 m on Sancho. Arsenal don't need him, I can't see him being a first priority at City - nor can I see him wanting to go back so soon after leaving. Chelsea ? Nah - that leaves 2 clubs who could really afford, need and want him...and hopefully him being from Manchester and knowing a lot of our players might sway him in our direction.

So what you end up with is a healthy mix of muppetry and realism. It's not unlikely that Jaden Sancho will go to United.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Dortmund is a selling club - always has been, always will be. Does that mean he will end up at United ? Of course not - but I really can't see PSG, Juve, Barca or Real spending £100 m on Sancho. Arsenal don't need him, I can't see him being a first priority at City - nor can I see him wanting to go back so soon after leaving. Chelsea ? Nah - that leaves 2 clubs who could really afford, need and want him...and hopefully him being from Manchester and knowing a lot of our players might sway him in our direction.

So what you end up with is a healthy mix of muppetry and realism. It's not unlikely that Jaden Sancho will go to United.
He’s not from Manchester, he’s from London.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany

How are Dortmund are selling club? That would insinuate that they willingly sell players for low fees just to make a profit, give me an example where they have sold a player for such reasons?

It's more to do with players wanting to leave for a better chance at winning trophies, Gotze left on a release clause, Lewandowski left on free while Gundogan and Hummels because they had a year left on their contracts and Dortmund didn't want to risk losing them for free (something all clubs have a problem with).

Are Dortmund are a 'selling club' for selling Dembele for 130 ME to Barca? If so, are Barca a selling club for selling Neymar for 220 ME to PSG? Calling Dortmund a 'selling club' makes it sound as if they'l sell Sancho for an undercut price. The ball is completely in their court, Sancho is on a contract till 2022 (with Dortmund having the right to extend it one more year) and maybe will sign a longer term deal soon. The only way Dortmund will sell Sancho is for a price similar to the Dembele price, or even higher.

Last edited:

Jinn

We will sign him. He will become Ed's fantasy buy. You won't need much to convince Ed.
Ole wants him as well, so no need for a DOF to handle the deal.
Get to CL, show the kid and his agent the money and he will come. Being English will help, also showing his former club the middle finger will be the icing on his cake.

pascell

And it's okay for Dortmund fans coming here and having a laugh at us for wishing him here.

I bet they just wanked after that comeback win.
Of course it is, as long as they're not just doing it for a reaction and on a WUM. The Caf is a great place to speak with rival fans in a calm atmosphere, it provides healthy debate and personally, I've learnt a lot about the goings on etc of other clubs/players that I'd never of known if I wasn't on the Caf.

Classical Mechanic

How are Dortmund are selling club? That would insinuate that they willingly sell players for low fees just to make a profit, give me an example where they have sold a player for such reasons?

It's more to do with players wanting to leave for a better chance at winning trophies, Gotze left on a release clause, Lewandowski left on free while Gundogan and Hummels because they had a year left on their contracts and Dortmund didn't want to risk losing them for free (something all clubs have a problem with).

Are Dortmund are a 'selling club' for selling Dembele for 130 ME to Barca? If so, are Barca a selling club for selling Neymar for 220 ME to PSG? Calling Dortmund a 'selling club' makes it sound as if they'l sell Sancho for an undercut price. The ball is completely in their court, Sancho is on a contract till 2022 (with Dortmund having the right to extend it one more year) and maybe will sign a longer term deal soon. The only way Dortmund will sell Sancho is for a price similar to the Dembele price, or even higher.
It refers to them as being a stepping stone club for guys like Dembele and Sancho, they go there to develop before looking for a move to a tier 1 club. It seems that Dortmund accept this too as it’s a very profitable model for them. I’m sure they have every intention of selling Sancho for major money.

Barca aren’t a selling club. PSG activated Neymar’s release clause. I guess when he signed that contract they never imagined that someone would activate it.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Dortmund is a selling club - always has been, always will be.
Uhm... Why?

Of course they had to sell some players this decade because they wanted to leave (release clauses, contracts running out, etc.) because Dortmund was not 'big' enough for them. But why can't that change? I think they are on a good way to become 'bigger'. Both financially and prestigously. They have a very talented squad right now and pay good salaries (they just raised Sanchos wages from 3m€ to 10m€ this summer without extending his contract)

In this case, they of course can't keep Sancho. But who knows, in 5-10 years maybe they could keep players like him? They are not like Leverkusen, Porto and Ajax "yes we are a selling club!". They sell only if they have no other choice.

If Sancho delivers like this all season, i think it will be hard for United to sign him. It would become a bidding war.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Uhm... Why?

Of course they had to sell some players this decade because they wanted to leave (release clauses, contracts running out, etc.) because Dortmund was not 'big' enough for them. But why can't that change? I think they are on a good way to become 'bigger'. Both financially and prestigously. They have a very talented squad right now and paying good salaries.

In this case, they of course can't hold Sancho. But who knows, in 5-10 years maybe they could? They are not like Leverkusen, Porto and Ajax "yes we are a selling club!". They sell only if they have no other choice.
I think Dortmund are smart, they know Sancho won't stay forever so they'll sell him for the Maximum they can get, then invest in top talents like the did with Hazard, Brandt.

That extra money could propel them to stay in the elite, but they need to win the title and really challenge Bayern regularly to be considered on par.

LVGSdive

I'm not going to get my hopes up for him signing with us.

I think he will go to Madrid. They need a young front player and he fits the bill.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Only saw highlights, but what a player he is becoming. A joy to watch.

El-Manos

I genuinely think if he decides to leave Dortmund, he will come back to England. He’s playing some magnificent football.

wolvored

I think he will cost too much for Woody to consider buying him. He will have a starting fee around £100-120 mill and there will be other clubs after him as well so it will only go up.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I think he will cost too much for Woody to consider buying him. He will have a starting fee around £100-120 mill and there will be other clubs after him as well so it will only go up.
It depends on 2 big factors: Who can afford the fee? Is he a player that the team needs?

He'd realistically consider a handful of clubs who could afford the fee and wages package.Utd would be in that group.

The latter point is an interesting one.We need a playmaker of his ability and i think he'd fit in well but how many of the other 'bigs' need him? I'd be interested to know where people think he'd fit in at:Barca,RM,Juve etc

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Pretty laughable if people think other clubs wouldn't be able to afford him and we will get a free run. You make room for elite talents like this. He will be a fit in all big teams . Barca, Juve, Real, PSG, City,United, Chelsea .

Also laughable to think he will opt us among that clubs. This year was the time to get him when he was about to explode. We screwed it up not getting the CL.

wolvored

It depends on 2 big factors: Who can afford the fee? Is he a player that the team needs?

He'd realistically consider a handful of clubs who could afford the fee and wages package.Utd would be in that group.

The latter point is an interesting one.We need a playmaker of his ability and i think he'd fit in well but how many of the other 'bigs' need him? I'd be interested to know where people think he'd fit in at:Barca,RM,Juve etc
I think if he has a really good stand out season, then can see RM Barca PSG maybe having a look. Bayern as well as they will have a close up look, being in the same league, but the money may be beyond them. I read somewhere City have first shout at him, but as you say would they need him. Chelsea havent been able to buy, so would expect them to be in for him, if they finish top 4. So would imagine at least 3-4 clubs including us.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I think if he has a really good stand out season, then can see RM Barca PSG maybe having a look. Bayern as well as they will have a close up look, being in the same league, but the money may be beyond them. I read somewhere City have first shout at him, but as you say would they need him. Chelsea havent been able to buy, so would expect them to be in for him, if they finish top 4. So would imagine at least 3-4 clubs including us.
Don't Chelsea have Mount in the same position? He's doing really well

Ballist1x

Dont Real Madrid have Vinicious Jnr and now Rodrygo.

Not sure why they would blow £100m on Jadon Sancho.

Yes he scored at the weekend it's TRUE bit if you watch the entire game he was poor till the last 15 mins and the amount if time he had on the ball to get his shot away was laughable.

Tonicruise

Supports
FC Bayern

Yes he scored at the weekend it's TRUE bit if you watch the entire game he was poor till the last 15 mins and the amount if time he had on the ball to get his shot away was laughable.
Can't fully agree the whole Dortmund team was poor in the first half. I thought he was great in the second half his speed with the ball is freaking crazy. He reads the game well at such a young age i feel like aswell he's often well positoned during attack and counters, great vision and finish. Expect him to be the most expensive Brit of all time (so far) not sure which team in EPL he will fit in best with yet though.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Kinda expect us to offer them Odegaard, Rodrygo and a lot of money if he has a monster season

Also vinicius will be offered to PSG for Mbappé if Zidane is still here

Affirmation

Once again Stephen Howson has been claiming that we turned down the chance to sign Jadon Sancho in the summer and that the player was in fact willing to join us regardless if we had Champions League football or not. I understand he can tend to be hit and miss with his claims but he seems pretty adamant about this and even states that he isn't sure where all the reports came from saying otherwise. As usual make of it what you will but if this is indeed correct this really does highlight how inept our club is when it comes to the Transfer Market:

(21:20)

Last edited:

kps88

Once again Stephen Howson has been claiming that we turned down the chance to sign Jadon Sancho in the summer and that the player was in fact willing to join us regardless if we had Champions League football. I understand he can tend to be hit and miss with his claims but he seems pretty adamant about this and even states that he isn't sure where all the reports came from saying otherwise. As usual make of it what you will but if this is indeed correct this really does highlight how inept our club is when it comes to the Transfer Market:

Well we didn't get CL football so he'd have turned us down anyway.

Affirmation

Well we didn't get CL football so he'd have turned us down anyway.
Well according to him he was told that Sancho was willing to join us either way and it was the club who pulled out of a deal for him because of the apparent £100m asking price set by Borussia Dortmund.

RazorOz

The problem is it's hard to see someone like Sancho with the world at their feet will want to come to Utd right now. We are a basket case from the outside years away from competing for anything so why is Sancho who will have plenty of suitors going to join. You'd think he'd want to see we're on the right track first and given he's likely to move next Summer I'd say it's unlikely we look on the right track by then.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Sancho was probably no1 target and we found out early doors that he was to expensive for us. Hence James being signed for the RW spot.

Don't mean this as a shot at James but that's a scary thought if indeed Sancho is off the table due to price. No idea where we'll turn to if anyone.

0le

I don't think Sancho will come here. Why would you leave Dortmund to join us? I wouldn't be surprised to see him go and join Liverpool if they lose one of those front three in the summer.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Once again Stephen Howson has been claiming that we turned down the chance to sign Jadon Sancho in the summer and that the player was in fact willing to join us regardless if we had Champions League football or not. I understand he can tend to be hit and miss with his claims but he seems pretty adamant about this and even states that he isn't sure where all the reports came from saying otherwise. As usual make of it what you will but if this is indeed correct this really does highlight how inept our club is when it comes to the Transfer Market:

This is the same guy who said Matt judge asked how many caps Meunier had in a meeting when trying to sign him and Poch showed him round their new ground. As per, he’s chatting sensationalist anti-glazer/Woodward/judge nonsense to get views.

El-Manos

Why would city be in for him? Aren’t they stacked in that position anyway? I would imagine us and Chelsea would be in for him if he were to return to the premier league.

Sky12

Supports
Chelsea

Funny how everyone is trying to delude themselves and making up all kinds of reasons why UTD will get a free run at him. I understand it makes you feel better but don't do it to yourself. When has all this ever stopped Madrid.

Absolutely every single top clubs will be in for him.

::sonny::

They won't pay the fee required and they're going to promote Foden
Interesting pov, but Foden doesn't exclude Sancho, Foden to replace Silva, Sancho instead of Maherez

I don't see chances for United, this will be the 7th year of transition, that will end probably with a sacking of the manager and outside both champions league and europa league again

No way

LuckyScout78

If United are in position where its a good chance to get top 4 by January. Then United shall try to make a DeJong deal. Agree with Dortmund and let them have Sancho until the end of the season. To avoid competiton and higher price in the summer transfer window.

I think Sancho is ambition, then top 4 can be a factor that he will join United.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Barca - Backup option for Neymar.
Real - Right wing is free.
City - Sane or Mahrez replacement.
Bayern - looking for a winger for sometime.
PSG - Neymar replacement or as Right winger
Juve - Right wing is free.

Adding to that, us and Chelsea as well.

This year was the time to buy him and we missed the boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.