Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Will the 'no chance' brigade just leave already hah!
Was half expecting that joke as I wrote that tbh. :)

Point is, it’s not a United thing. He won’t leave his present club mid-season. He might come to United next summer though.

Kurton

He is not even our most pressing concern. We need to sort the midfield first. Spending 100+ million on him is not going to help us. We might have to made do with a lesser right winger.

LVGSdive

He is not even our most pressing concern. We need to sort the midfield first. Spending 100+ million on him is not going to help us. We might have to made do with a lesser right winger.
The Kosovo u21 right-winger Kastrati last night (he played there in the 2nd half at least) looked very good. He plays for Lokomotiva in the Croatian league. I can't imagine he would cost too much.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The Kosovo u21 right-winger Kastrati last night (he played there in the 2nd half at least) looked very good. He plays for Lokomotiva in the Croatian league. I can't imagine he would cost too much.
He definitely had a good game, would need to scout him a bit more though.
Well it will, clearly.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Was half expecting that joke as I wrote that tbh. :)

Point is, it’s not a United thing. He won’t leave his present club mid-season. He might come to United next summer though.
Yup I'm of the same mindset too. Just wanted to bust your balls a little :)

Jam

Great awareness and positioning, it’s surprising how many talented players don’t do the “simple stuff” right but this lad absolutely does.

0le

He’ll end up at City.
I think he will go to Liverpool. I can see one of their front three being sold and Liverpool making a move, with Klopp's connections and also the fact that Liverpool did not spend much this last window.

wr8_utd

:'(
I hope he's stupid enough to sign for us. With his decision making getting far better, he's brilliant right now.
Just hope he doesn't sign for Liverpool.

wr8_utd

I think he will go to Liverpool. I can see one of their front three being sold and Liverpool making a move, with Klopp's connections and also the fact that Liverpool did not spend much this last window.
They'd have to sell Salah to bring in Sancho.

Silas

Why would they sell one of their front three?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He’ll end up at City.
They had him but he left, mixture of pride and other factors but think it's incredibly unlikely that's where he'll end up. Would be a Pogba mk2 but dont see it happening. Liverpool only if one of Mane/Salah leave, not sure why they would? Chelsea I'm not sure can afford him, and have Pulisic and Hudson Odoi so not sure they'd stump up the cash, even though hes a Chelsea fan. Arsenal can't afford, Spurs can't afford. Read a lot of talk that he'd prefer to return to England and the Premier League over Spain/France/anywhere else.

United honestly seems the most straightforward/logical option that makes sense from every perspective, just it might not be quite for this year/next year. Every other big club in England either don't need a starting winger enough to spend £150m, or they can't afford it.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They had him but he left, mixture of pride and other factors but think it's incredibly unlikely that's where he'll end up. Would be a Pogba mk2 but dont see it happening. Liverpool only if one of Mane/Salah leave, not sure why they would? Chelsea I'm not sure can afford him, and have Pulisic and Hudson Odoi so not sure they'd stump up the cash, even though hes a Chelsea fan. Arsenal can't afford, Spurs can't afford. Read a lot of talk that he'd prefer to return to England and the Premier League over Spain/France/anywhere else.

United honestly seems the most straightforward/logical option that makes sense from every perspective, just it might not be quite for this year/next year. Every other big club in England either don't need a starting winger enough to spend £150m, or they can't afford it.
Why would he come to a club in consistent decline who struggle to make the champions league?

Fer

I can see a lot of teams being interested to sing Sancho. It would depend on they players they sell.
For example...
PSG: Neymar/Mbappe replacement
Madrid: Bale replacement
Bayern: Robben/Ribery replacement
City: Sane replacement
Liverpool: Mane/Salah replacement

Also, Sancho could be more interested to play with Guardiola, Kloop, Tuchel, etc instead of Ole.

ArjenIsM3

I can see a lot of teams being interested to sing Sancho. It would depend on they players they sell.
For example...

Also, Sancho could be more interested to play with Guardiola, Kloop, Tuchel, etc instead of Ole.
Can't see Bayern getting him. He's too expensive. Think the Liverpool squad will stay intact too. So that only leaves three of the richest clubs in the world to compete with :lol:

bosnian_red

Why would he come to a club in consistent decline who struggle to make the champions league?
Because we're the biggest English club, the richest, and are just going through a bad people post Fergie and it doesn't take long at all to turn it around (sometimes just 1 player like Sancho can be the difference). I know people on here love being dramatic, but people on here are hilarious when it comes to United. Bad spell, yes, but people act like it's a never ending spiral into mediocrity when time and time again it's been proven that the resources will eventually translate into results. No club is better placed to turn it around then we are, because of literally everything put together. For a 19 year old player, they arent going to be super worried and most of the time will feel that they can be the one to get us uo there.

The thing we have to show is we're on the way up and some sort of plan, which we definitely are IMO.

mav_9me

Because we're the biggest English club, the richest, and are just going through a bad people post Fergie and it doesn't take long at all to turn it around (sometimes just 1 player like Sancho can be the difference). I know you love being dramatic, but people on here are hilarious when it comes to United. Bad spell, yes, but people act like it's a never ending spiral into mediocrity when time and time again it's been proven that the resources will eventually translate into results. No club is better placed to turn it around then we are, because of literally everything put together. For a 19 year old player, they arent going to be super worried and most of the time will feel that they can be the one to get us uo there.

The thing we have to show is we're on the way up and some sort of plan, which we definitely are IMO.
While I am not as optimistic in general as you regarding our future, I do think we stand a chance to get him. And he can absolutely be the key player in a turnaround.

Barcelona were doing just as bad until Ronaldinho came by. Not saying same will happen. Just saying turnarounds can happen with the right player.

Fer

Can't see Bayern getting him. He's too expensive. Think the Liverpool squad will stay intact too. So that only leaves three of the richest clubs in the world to compete with :lol:
I thought Bayern wanted Sane, if they have the money to buy Sane, they could use that money for Sancho (if Sane stays at City).

I can see Madrid going for a top RW, so I wouldn't be surprised if Salah is one of their opinions. That would allow Kloop to invest that money in Sancho.

Unfortunately, if we don't play the Champions League next year, then I can't see Sancho being interested in join us.

bosnian_red

While I am not as optimistic in general as you regarding our future, I do think we stand a chance to get him. And he can absolutely be the key player in a turnaround.

Barcelona were doing just as bad until Ronaldinho came by. Not saying same will happen. Just saying turnarounds can happen with the right player.
It really doesnt take much. Woodward won't feck up for forever, he'll get lucky eventually. One of our appointments in the near future will get it together, one of our youth players will step up into world class players, etc. This is life at a big club and why when everyone gets all dramatic, it really isn't that bad and any smaller club supporters just laugh. 5/6/7 years is nothing in the grand scheme of things when we dominated for 20 years (not to mention that during this 5/6/7 year spell we reached CL quarters twice, finished 2nd once, won the league cup, Europa league and FA cup...).

Smaller clubs when they get bad seasons for a few years in a row can seriously harm their future and go in a serious never ending spiral. United will still be among the richest and biggest clubs around so at the end of the day, worst case scenario, we'll react financially when that starts being threatened and then oh look we're back up there again. Sometimes it's just 1 player, sometimes 1 manager, sometimes 1 person somewhere else in backroom staff, sometimes just a bit of patience to get things back on track. But it doesn't take long to turn things around as a big club who is financially stable and in a healthy position.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Because we're the biggest English club, the richest, and are just going through a bad people post Fergie and it doesn't take long at all to turn it around (sometimes just 1 player like Sancho can be the difference). I know people on here love being dramatic, but people on here are hilarious when it comes to United. Bad spell, yes, but people act like it's a never ending spiral into mediocrity when time and time again it's been proven that the resources will eventually translate into results. No club is better placed to turn it around then we are, because of literally everything put together. For a 19 year old player, they arent going to be super worried and most of the time will feel that they can be the one to get us uo there.

Have you been watching the wrong team? We are not on the way up and we have absolutely no plan at all.

bosnian_red

Have you been watching the wrong team? We are not on the way up and we have absolutely no plan at all.
Think you have to try really hard to not see what Ole is at least trying to do. Whether you think he is capable of achieving it, whether you agree with his plan, that's all a different matter all together. Pretty blatantly clear that we do have a plan though, one that is connected to our transfers in and out with what Ole tries to have us do on the pitch.

He'sRaldo

You thought of some reasons why he wouldn't want to join other clubs. If you do the same for United, I'm sure you could come up with similar reasons to discredit a move to us.

Just trying to be realistic here.

wr8_utd

For example...

He probably won't even be our manager when Sancho is available for a transfer.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I thought Bayern wanted Sane, if they have the money to buy Sane, they could use that money for Sancho (if Sane stays at City).

I can see Madrid going for a top RW, so I wouldn't be surprised if Salah is one of their opinions. That would allow Kloop to invest that money in Sancho.

Unfortunately, if we don't play the Champions League next year, then I can't see Sancho being interested in join us.
Dortmund aren’t selling to Bayern if the English clubs come in.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Think you have to try really hard to not see what Ole is at least trying to do. Whether you think he is capable of achieving it, whether you agree with his plan, that's all a different matter all together. Pretty blatantly clear that we do have a plan though, one that is connected to our transfers in and out with what Ole tries to have us do on the pitch.
I admire your optimism but personally I can’t see it. Ole is and will never be a manager good enough for Manchester United. His record speaks for itself since his job was made permanent but that’s another discussion since there’s been so many Ole threads. I would love for Sancho to come to us but I highly doubt he would even if we get CL next season. He is literally the most in demand young player now and there will be a string of big clubs in for him. Won’t rule out City trying to sign him back as well.

Betson

Of all the clubs mentioned we are the only club that can give him the Europa cup experience. Has to be worth something.

Sylar

Hes gonna be Sanes replacement isnt he? Him and Sterling linking up with City next season. Great...

Status
Not open for further replies.