Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulby

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
According to "Don Balon", Sancho has a verbal agreement with Real Madrid and Florentino Pérez. And they claim that Sancho snubbed a move to Old Trafford as he was specifically keen to play for Real in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
already a Star for Brazil with 15 appearances and 8 goals. already made 150 first team appearances scoring 80 goals.
Brazilian League. And no Sancho would not score near 100 goals there unless you think he is the next Neymar. Neymar broke Pele record so I guess Sancho is the mixed raced Pele? Did Sancho even score that many in the reserves, which for me is lower than Brazilian league level?

Why? because England are so much better than Brazil? He certainly would not be Brazil's leading scorer whilst playing for them since Sancho has only 2 goals for England.

He has done far more than Sancho. I am sorry but this is yet another English player being hyped up and overrated now.
I'm sorry but may I ask where you are getting your numbers from? I will go out on a limb here and assume that you wrote that from memory? Just to remind you, Sancho right now is not quite 19.5 years old. At that age Neymar has had 79 games in Brazil scoring 36 goals and assisting an additional 21. That is counting league games and Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana. On top of that he had 9 caps for Brazil scoring 5 goals and assisting 1 but in fairness to Sancho there was an international Tournament (Copa America) that year, which inflates those numbers a bit.

Okay, now that we have gotten the nonsense numbers out of the way we ask ourselves: does it make sense to compare Neymar and Sancho? Not necessarily, both are fantastic players in their own rights (I can admit that even though I can't stand the cnut Neymar) and Neymar is the better all round player right now (he is 8 years older after all). Neymar did start his senior career in Brazil a bit earlier, therefore has more matches than Sancho in Germany:

Neymar (Matches/Goals/Assists):
Club: 79 36 21
NT: 9 5 1

Sancho (Matches/Goals/Assists):
Club: 55 14 23
NT: 8 2 3

I think these numbers are quite comparable, Neymar and Sancho have a goal or assist every 0.72 or 0.67 matches respectively. I guess this small discrepancy could be attributed to the Brazilian league not being quite as strong as the Bundesliga. It is also evident that Neymar is more of a goal scorer, while Sancho assists a lot more goals.
Does this mean that I think Sancho is the same level talent that Neymar was or that he will the same impact at a club? No, not necessarily, I didn't know Neymar well enough back then and I can't see the future. But on the other hand I see no indication why Neymar would have been immensely better than Sancho at the same age. At least the real numbers don't suggest that.

Stacks

I'm sorry but may I ask where you are getting your numbers from? I will go out on a limb here and assume that you wrote that from memory? Just to remind you, Sancho right now is not quite 19.5 years old. At that age Neymar has had 79 games in Brazil scoring 36 goals and assisting an additional 21. That is counting league games and Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana. On top of that he had 9 caps for Brazil scoring 5 goals and assisting 1 but in fairness to Sancho there was an international Tournament (Copa America) that year, which inflates those numbers a bit.

Okay, now that we have gotten the nonsense numbers out of the way we ask ourselves: does it make sense to compare Neymar and Sancho? Not necessarily, both are fantastic players in their own rights (I can admit that even though I can't stand the cnut Neymar) and Neymar is the better all round player right now (he is 8 years older after all). Neymar did start his senior career in Brazil a bit earlier, therefore has more matches than Sancho in Germany:

Neymar (Matches/Goals/Assists):
Club: 79 36 21
NT: 9 5 1

Sancho (Matches/Goals/Assists):
Club: 55 14 23
NT: 8 2 3

I think these numbers are quite comparable, Neymar and Sancho have a goal or assist every 0.72 or 0.67 matches respectively. I guess this small discrepancy could be attributed to the Brazilian league not being quite as strong as the Bundesliga. It is also evident that Neymar is more of a goal scorer, while Sancho assists a lot more goals.
Does this mean that I think Sancho is the same level talent that Neymar was or that he will the same impact at a club? No, not necessarily, I didn't know Neymar well enough back then and I can't see the future. But on the other hand I see no indication why Neymar would have been immensely better than Sancho at the same age. At least the real numbers don't suggest that.
Bit rude Anyway Its on his wiki page and backed up by him breaking Robinho Santos record. I imagine you used transfermarkt? Unfortunately they missed some as Neymar netted a Hatrick to get his 95th for Santos whilst only 20 and take the record in 2012. He already had over 80 goals by 2011 end and was born in 1992 making him 19. You can research the Santos competitive record if you like

Le Red

Bit rude Anyway Its on his wiki page and backed up by him breaking Robinho Santos record. I imagine you used transfermarkt? Unfortunately they missed some as Neymar netted a Hatrick to get his 95th for Santos whilst only 20 and take the record in 2012. He already had over 80 goals by 2011 end and was born in 1992 making him 19. You can research the Santos competitive record if you like
You probably are counting goals scored in the Campeonato Paulista. It's a regional tournament played in the beginning of the calendar year that is more akin to a preseason than anything else (but with a lot more games played). There are a lot of teams from the lower tiers of Brazilian football in those tournaments so the top teams score goals galore. Just so you know, Pelé scored a whopping 466 goals in this competition alone.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
You are right, it was a bit rude, I apologize. I was just really confused as to how you came up with your numbers. That explanation by @Le Red sounds plausible, so maybe we can reach an agreement based on that. I feel like it doesn't really make sense to compare Neymars numbers when he was 20 with Sancho at 19 now and complain that he hasn't played as many matches or scored as much though. As you presumed I used the transfermarkt statistics and basically looked at it by the day as to compare their records at Sancho's current age. The numbers are in my previous post, do with them what you will :)

Stacks

You probably are counting goals scored in the Campeonato Paulista. It's a regional tournament played in the beginning of the calendar year that is more akin to a preseason than anything else (but with a lot more games played). There are a lot of teams from the lower tiers of Brazilian football in those tournaments so the top teams score goals galore. Just so you know, Pelé scored a whopping 466 goals in this competition alone.
You are right, it was a bit rude, I apologize. I was just really confused as to how you came up with your numbers. That explanation by @Le Red sounds plausible, so maybe we can reach an agreement based on that. I feel like it doesn't really make sense to compare Neymars numbers when he was 20 with Sancho at 19 now and complain that he hasn't played as many matches or scored as much though. As you presumed I used the transfermarkt statistics and basically looked at it by the day as to compare their records at Sancho's current age. The numbers are in my previous post, do with them what you will :)
Santos' region has some of the biggest teams in Brazil participating aswell as multiple Serie A and B sides. Please note that Pele became a GOAT too ;)

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
According to "Don Balon", Sancho has a verbal agreement with Real Madrid and Florentino Pérez. And they claim that Sancho snubbed a move to Old Trafford as he was specifically keen to play for Real in the future.
I can't believe you read anything by Don Balon. Absolute fecking tripe

Affirmation

Yet the same source you mentioned had an article saying the absolute opposite only a month or so ago. What absolute rubbish, I wouldn't give them any credence especially regarding this.

Le Red

Santos' region has some of the biggest teams in Brazil participating aswell as multiple Serie A and B sides. Please note that Pele became a GOAT too ;)
I should know that right? I grew up watching the tournament. Believe me, the level is nowhere near the Bundesliga so it's unfair to use Neymar's goals in this competition to compare against Sancho.
The most coherent comparison is between their performance in the respective national leagues, though the Brazilian teams are not as strong as the Germans, so even this way the comparison is a bit skewed towards Neymar.

Davs

Think we can all just dream of this moving to United now.

In my opinion Real are going to have a blunder of a season and end up forking out 100m+ for Sancho in the summer.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

In my opinion Real are going to have a blunder of a season and end up forking out 100m+ for Sancho in the summer.
Seriously in what world is Sancho the answer for Real Madrid if they have this blunder of a season you're referring to? I mean honestly of all the statement signings Real Madrid could make to detract attention away from results - Pogba, Neymar, Mbappe, Salah, Mane.

Again in what world do they say no to all of them and turn to Jadon Sancho instead

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Why would he choose them if both clubs are in the Champions League?

BlackShark_80

Think he will end up to either City, United, and Chelsea. If Chelsea secured top 4, probably almost certain he will go there.

Based Adnan

Think it'll be a slow burner transfer that we're working on for ages like we did for Pogba. I'm confident.

Bulldog United

Think he will end up to either City, United, and Chelsea. If Chelsea secured top 4, probably almost certain he will go there.
I don't see him returning to City, and Chelsea are no longer spending huge sums of money on players. I think we're the only realistic destination for him in the Premier League given the reported fee and wages.

BlackShark_80

I don't see him returning to City, and Chelsea are no longer spending huge sums of money on players. I think we're the only realistic destination for him in the Premier League given the reported fee and wages.
Chelsea had the money and with the transfer ban + sales from Morata, Hazard, loan players they have at least £200M at minimum. The reason Chelsea will go for Sancho is because they need a new wingers to replace both Willian and Pedro. Sancho is also Chelsea fan and his best mate Hudson-Odoi also at there too.

Last edited:

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
If we get back into Champions League football next season I'd fancy us to be clear favourites to sign him

Bestietom

Paying 100 million for Sancho wont fix our team. We need at least 2 top midfielders and a forward first.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
Paying 100 million for Sancho wont fix our team. We need at least 2 top midfielders and a forward first.
True.
And Sancho would be stupid to join a club which got no structure or a plan or anything. If he will got some offers: Would he join for example a Real Madrid with a balanced and functioning team and be a part of it, with a surounding where you can shine?
Or a club who thinks you are the saviour getting the club out of self made bad times and who dont solve any deep laying problems cause everybody in charge is thinking: "now we got Sancho, thats enough we will be great again!" ?

He joined Dortmund in the first place. I think this is a sign that he and his family are clever. And were looking closely on how is this club working, do they realy got a plan for and with me and will that fit to me and help my developement?
Its not common for such young english players to go abroad but somehow Dortmund convinced him and his family. Thats a sign that they are well aware of their decisions.

And when it comes to decisions in the future: There is no point which speaks for a move to United. He only would be a galatico signing, with the aim that the board and Woodward hiding their incompentence in running a club and gaining some time or calm the fans, and not a signing as one of a lot mosaic stones which are filling a puzzle and making a good plan of football complete.

He will be at a bigger club sometimes in the future. But he will have the possibility to choose which. United will be the last on this list according to all circumstances. Why wasting the best years of your career helping a struggling club and concentrate all the problems made the last years on ypur shoulders, instead of playing with the best and win some serious things and being a contender year after year. Sadly, at the moment, the state of United is like this. And no money or sentences like "but we need a RW and he will play for sure, he can make us great again, wouldnt that be a big thing for him?" will change that fact. No its not a big thing, in a muppet fantasy land maybe, but not for a clever Sancho how will want to get a step further.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bunde...uch-a-buzz-playing-for-borussia-dortmund-6965
Jadon Sancho: "I get such a buzz playing for Borussia Dortmund"

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

But you will say that if United have a ‘blunder of a season’ they have ‘no chance’ I imagine.

People are scared of Real and seem to be using the logic that it’s because we are not that good a team and lack clear direction, yet the same applies to them.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Feck Real Madrid. I'd rather Sancho move back to City rather than he goes to Real, if we have no chance of getting him. Rumours that Liverpool is in for him too and I won't be surprised considering Klopp's connection with Dortmund.

BlackShark_80

Real right now have 6 wingers: Hazard, Brahim, Rodrygo, Vinicius, Vasquez, and Bale. Sancho would be stupid to go there next season.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Feck Real Madrid. I'd rather Sancho move back to City rather than he goes to Real, if we have no chance of getting him. Rumours that Liverpool is in for him too and I won't be surprised considering Klopp's connection with Dortmund.
Wonder why Liverpool would want him, they already have two of the best wingers in the world.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Real right now have 6 wingers: Hazard, Brahim, Rodrygo, Vinicius, Vasquez, and Bale. Sancho would be stupid to go there next season.
Vazquez and Bale will surely be gone next summer and Brahim is far from the finished article. No idea about Rodrygo but Hazard/Sancho/Vinicius looks pretty tasty.

charlenefan

He won't fix it but he'll be sort a problem position that's been there for the best part of 10 years

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
And we won't get anywhere near that with 100m either.

People said the same with Maguire but look what's happened there, we've already got 2 clean sheets at home. It's worth paying for quality.

If we don't get Sancho then one of our direct rivals will. Having a dangerous attacker is worth more than anything.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We need a RW before we need a "forward" we actually do not even have a RW in the squad

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I wouldn’t hesitate a sec to buy Sancho if he would cost us 100-120m. But with English tax and young player tax, and on long term contract with CL team, I wouldn’t be surprised he would cost near to 150m.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I think he will probably choose from
City (if they sell Sane), us and even Juventus (if they are interested). I don’t see Real (who will target to buy Pogba), Barca (who will target to buy Neymar) or Liverpool (already have Salah and Mane) going for him, as they are already packed with top class wingers/attacking players too.

NoLogo

Said this for a while I want him as our right winger. Problem is the competition to sign him will be hard to beat and Dortmund already turned us down this summer and he probably won't be cheaper next summer either but if we want to be back among the best teams in the world we need to be able to sign players like this.

charlenefan

Both the Spurs games and last night did highlight the rawness still in his game (something that's totally understandable obviously) so if we do sign him I expect a couple of years of inconsistency before he really matures. Basically anyone expecting him to sign and instantly be the best player in the league dont

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
An actual quality right winger is hard to come by these days. I'd pay 100m for him if it was up to me.

Feck it, We always shove someone who prefers not to play on the right, to play on the right. It's painful to see and it's not normal. Unfortunately, next season will be harder for us to get him. As everyone and their mothers now know his talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.